Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? (22106 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Farming | Which Is More Profitable? / Oil Pam Vs Cashew Farming Comparison / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by oyeb15: 6:27am On Jan 06, 2023
Oil Palm is d Best. It requires no maintenance unlike Cocoa that u will buy chemicals, spray , fermentation etc. By d time u remove money spent on chemicals etc, it's little profit.

Cashew is never in d league of those two. The Op is just a social media farmer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Allisgud: 6:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Masabannyc:
Hello, before you take a decision on what to plant. What is the type of soil on the land. But cashew will grow on most soil.

But if the soil is very good, plant plam oil on the land and plant cashew as fencing for the whole 5 acres. Thank me later.
hope the cashew tree root wount tamperd with the fence
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by demanuel(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2023
kenny714433:
Great topic.
In my part of Nigeria, we do mainly Oil palm. Cocoa and Cashew are foreign so I don't have much knowledge.

You see oil palm, you just need like 7-8 years patience for the tree to start making fruit. Then you will cash out monthly till you die.
You don't sell only the oil, the kernel is another big source of money.

Anyone that can get land for up to 500 stands, forget it, you'll not lack money again after 7 years.

The bolded caught my attention.
Are you serious, Sir?
Wow!
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Ogunleti01: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2023
RECHMOND:
My good advice for you is to invest in Cocoa. No crop compete with cocoa in terms of return on investment. The labour input is low and the return is high. There is ever ready market for Cocoa, be it raw or dried it's a hot cake in every part of the world. Cocoa produces two times in a year, that's the major harvest and the is always cocoa pods in ur farm, called picking. Cocoa farmers never lack money. You will never lack buyers for Cocoa. Once planted it lives for more than 50 years. Am from CRS. You need to see the money Young boys are making from their farms building mantions here and there.. if you have the money go for Cocoa and you will ever be greatful you did. Plants plantains too in the farm and make cool money from it too. A properly maintained cocoa farm starts to yield from 3 years. You don't need processing for it. You just harvest and dry, put them in sacks and call your buyer that's it, and you get your millions. I call COCOA the GREEN GOLD. Lots of people don't know it is. If you have blocks of cocoa farms even the president of a country can not compete with you financially. Just start first. Don't say no one told you.
That is one thing people dont know. Sofar so good i have made close to 1.2m from my platain farm alone from May 2021 -till date. The funniest thing is the plantain were planted to serve as shade for my cocoa. last year till date 52.45kg of cocoa in my area hovers around #90-94k. Do the math for just one tonne

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by weljewel: 7:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks be to God for revelation direction finance victory and hope.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by weljewel: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks be to God Most High the Most Holy El Shaddai for revelation direction finance victory and hope
Thanks be to God that no plan except His is operating in my life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by weljewel: 7:11am On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks be to God Most High the Most Holy El Shaddai for revelation direction finance victory and hope.
Thanks be to God that no plan except His is operating in my life.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Ogunleti01: 7:11am On Jan 06, 2023
pragmatistm:
Great analysis from an informed fellow. I love this.
2 hectares of cocoa churning out a paltry 800kg at #450k are you kidding me? Guess Hybrid cocoa trees are doing way more than this? For the pods you can still sell to soap makers. As i speak now 52.045kg of dried cocoa beans hovers around 90-94k

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Domingujo: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2023
Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post. myLoyola Appointment
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by chimaxx: 7:46am On Jan 06, 2023
Op where is the location of your land?
With the revelation so far am interested in buying land there.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Fewwords(m): 7:54am On Jan 06, 2023
Oil palm
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by 9gerian: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2023
Interesting…

Lesgupnigeria:
If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!!

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LincolnOnyeabor: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2023
ZUBY77:
I planted Usdt on a small mobile phone.
I make your yearly profit on 2 days.
But then we must eat. So plant palm

How do you mean sir??

Kindly explain please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2023
Sweetplum:

Lol. Cocoa was like crude oil before and it's still the most profitable farming biz. Oil too is good but the quick cash you ll get in cocoa in a year is more than 5years oil palm. Except your biz no boom.
consider the risk on cocoa during dry season fire things
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Kwunume: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2023
This is a difficult question because they are all profitable but in making money from any of them requires patients
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2023
9gerian:
Interesting…

Thanks
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by KayB: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2023
As a smallholding farm, with little value addition or processing capacity, your best bet is cashew. Apart from the fact that a new improved variety which fruits in 3 years called polyclonal cashew seedlings are now available, it is a rugged cash crop and demand little post harvest handling compared to other crop. With 2 hectares you will need 200 seedlings to plant with 10 meter distance on GAP, and I implore you insert oil palm intermittently which can accommodate more than 50 trees if you must.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 8:40am On Jan 06, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.

All of these crops are great because they are cash crops.

However, since your hectarage is just 2 hectares, and considering the factors of:

1) ready-sales,
2) high consumption (demand) by people,
3) Easy Processing -
4) All Year Round Sales,
5) Profitability

Oil Palm Plantation is The Best of Them All.

Cashew and Cocoa have their seasons for High Demand and Sales.

Palm Oil is readily needed and much more valuable for local distribution.

To learn more on oil plantation; contact our Oga @ The Top here on Nairaland @MessiahOfAfrica or @MrNigerDoxx for more information and guidelines.

Best.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Owologbo(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2023
nurey:

No .market for rubber grin who tell you that, there are buyers in Delta, Edo state, Ondo and Ogun state, rubber is so profitable that they even steal it.

Rubber is known as smelling money and has a long life span in its raw form

2hectares would get you about 1400 stands of trees with a good clone you are looking at around minimum 200kg per week at local price of very low #300per kg and high #500 per kg.

Note if you stimulate, you can get 200 to 300% yield per week.

rubber (latex) prices depends on season na chief. And it's not easy to harvest during raining season.
And when you say a kilo can go as high as #500, are you selling directly to the company that produce rubber (the finish product)?

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Owologbo(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2023
maiiilooo:
Omo..op I was opportune to serve in Kogi state in a village rich with cashew trees and palm trees, though I don't know much about cocoa but I will advise you to go for cashew.
I never knew Cashew was profitable untill I served in that village. A bag of cashew normally fluctuate within the price of 45k to 70k . Though the first 3 to 5 yrs you will just be maintaining the plants and making sure the plant are in good condition.
However,you might even start cashing out before the 4th or 5th year and one good thing is that you won't be spending much in it processes compared to the others ..And it continues like that forever.

By the way op ..I am unemployed oo grin. U can also employ me , I can be working for you on your farm

Palm tree is good too. do you know that there's no waste in palm fruits? After extraction of oil, you still cannel, you can sell the fruits to those into food business for Banga soup.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by godofuck231: 8:49am On Jan 06, 2023
yinkeys:

Really
Wow
watin de wow you , you no go do your research and know the value ? De there , buhari is more updated than you, and that's a shame
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2023
RECHMOND:
My good advice for you is to invest in Cocoa. No crop compete with cocoa in terms of return on investment. The labour input is low and the return is high. There is ever ready market for Cocoa, be it raw or dried it's a hot cake in every part of the world. Cocoa produces two times in a year, that's the major harvest and the is always cocoa pods in ur farm, called picking. Cocoa farmers never lack money. You will never lack buyers for Cocoa. Once planted it lives for more than 50 years. Am from CRS. You need to see the money Young boys are making from their farms building mantions here and there.. if you have the money go for Cocoa and you will ever be greatful you did. Plants plantains too in the farm and make cool money from it too. A properly maintained cocoa farm starts to yield from 3 years. You don't need processing for it. You just harvest and dry, put them in sacks and call your buyer that's it, and you get your millions. I call COCOA the GREEN GOLD. Lots of people don't know it is. If you have blocks of cocoa farms even the president of a country can not compete with you financially. Just start first. Don't say no one told you.

Liked, Shared and Followed.

I'm Presently living in Cross River State (UGEP) Precisely.

I hear The People if Ikom are heavily invested in Cocoa.

Do you live in Ikom too ?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2023
Nigerfine3:

If you live in a city far from where you could process your oil palm, it will become disadvantageous especially if you do not have financial strength to increase to say 30 acres or more

Wrong Advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by nurey(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2023
Owologbo:

rubber (latex) prices depends on season na chief. And it's not easy to harvest during raining season.
And when you say a kilo can go as high as #500, are you selling directly to the company that produce rubber (the finish product)?

2022, local rubber moved from #350per kg to #500 per kg as at may 2022. Yes we were paying local farmers #500 per kilo for cup lump though price has come down now.

Yes rubber has challenge in raining season but you spend extra to protect your harvest also remember that if 1hectare gives you 200kg a week in dry season, in raining season its x1.5 or 2 without any extra input.

Rubber raw material has grade
1. Latex the liquid form
2. Lump (coagulated latex) the first raw material that is sold by all farmers.
3. Cake (processed lump) raw material for all other rubber materials. Tyre, shoes, bags etc. Cake was 8000 per bundle as a 2020 but we don't sell it locally

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2023
nurey:
I would have adviced you plant Rubber (havea brasiliensis) but the land size though may be too small and you may not be patient enough [7years] to reap the fruit. But out of your choice, only oil palm would survive fire outbreak the rest you would have to start again.

Though for processing cashew is the easiest, just dry and sell or sell when fresh sef.

You can dry cocoa too but you can't process into high grade raw material for better profit, you need to look for processing factories for this.

Oil palm can be sold as banga or you can setup your own small processing factory guaranteed that you can get supply from other local farmers within your vicinity to not make your machines redundant when you dont have raw material.

This information is Legit.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2023
Masabannyc:
Hello, before you take a decision on what to plant. What is the type of soil on the land. But cashew will grow on most soil.

But if the soil is very good, plant plam oil on the land and plant cashew as fencing for the whole 5 acres. Thank me later.

Legit Intel.

Know This and Know Peace.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by dailyinfohunt: 9:05am On Jan 06, 2023
Gummy bear implants are thought to feel firmer than conventional silicone implants and saline implants because they are filled with a form-holding gel. Gummy Bear Implants Additionally, a longer incision is needed to insert cohesive silicone-gel implants into the breast pocket; this incision is typically made at the bottom of the breasts, in the inframammary region.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2023
Praisepriest:
For me, the three crops are money magnets, divide the land into sections serving as sources of income for you. Instead of making money from one source, you make from three. Ogbon omode min.ire o

Another Legit Advice.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by farem: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2023
nurey:

No .market for rubber grin who tell you that, there are buyers in Delta, Edo state, Ondo and Ogun state, rubber is so profitable that they even steal it.

Rubber is known as smelling money and has a long life span in its raw form

2hectares would get you about 1400 stands of trees with a good clone you are looking at around minimum 200kg per week at local price of very low #300per kg and high #500 per kg.

Note if you stimulate, you can get 200 to 300% yield per week.

It seems you know so much about this rubber and the prospects. First time I am hearing someone talking about this.
I will like to know more on this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by farem: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2023
Lesgupnigeria:
If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!!

This your intriguing conclusions though.
Can you back them with data?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2023
farem:

This your intriguing conclusions though.
Can you back them with data?
I am a farmer
We have cashew, cocoa and oilpalm plantations and I believe I am in the best position to advice him based on whats experienced on the field as per the 3 crops

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Quail Farming In Nigeria / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.