Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why Do You Believe The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe The Bible? (1975 Views)

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When he mentioned some of the TEN COMMANDMENTS
Show us proof that it was written in another nations constitution as Israel was not the only nation at the time
You cook up one yeye code

LoLz! Why would I do that when that was not my argument? Did you even read what I wrote?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! I gave you name and date so what are you on about?

So do you have details of the laws? smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So do you have details of the laws? smiley

See them for yourself:

LordReed:

Read it for yourself:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Code_of_Hammurabi_(Harper_translation)
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

See them for yourself:
If you can't paste it leave it because i pasted the Bible's laws most countries around the world are using till today.
You can verify it in any copy of the Bible so paste it if truly the so called book makes sense! wink
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
The code of Hammurabi far preceded the bible by more than a thousand years .
The Torah was written by Ezra....not Moses as the maximus said...
Even the Enuma Elish came before the bible was even thought off...
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you can't paste it leave it because i pasted the Bible's laws most countries around the world are using till today.
You can verify it in any copy of the Bible so paste it if truly the so called book makes sense! wink

I can't paste the entire thing na, spambot will ban me but here are some:

1. If a man bring an accusation against a man, and charge him with a (capital) crime, but cannot prove it, he, the accuser, shall be put to death.
2. If a man charge a man with sorcery, and cannot prove it, he who is charged with sorcery shall go to the river, into the river he shall throw himself and if the river overcome him, his accuser shall take to himself his house (estate). If the river show that man to be innocent and he come forth unharmed, he who charged him with sorcery shall be put to death. He who threw himself into the river shall take to himself the house of his accuser.
3. If a man, in a case (pending judgment), bear false (threatening) witness, or do not establish the testimony that he has given, if that case be a case involving life, that man shall be put to death.
4. If a man (in a case) bear witness for grain or money (as a bribe), he shall himself bear the penalty imposed in that case.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

I can't paste the entire thing na, spambot will ban me but here are some:

1. If a man bring an accusation against a man, and charge him with a (capital) crime, but cannot prove it, he, the accuser, shall be put to death.
2. If a man charge a man with sorcery, and cannot prove it, he who is charged with sorcery shall go to the river, into the river he shall throw himself and if the river overcome him, his accuser shall take to himself his house (estate). If the river show that man to be innocent and he come forth unharmed, he who charged him with sorcery shall be put to death. He who threw himself into the river shall take to himself the house of his accuser.
3. If a man, in a case (pending judgment), bear false (threatening) witness, or do not establish the testimony that he has given, if that case be a case involving life, that man shall be put to death.
4. If a man (in a case) bear witness for grain or money (as a bribe), he shall himself bear the penalty imposed in that case.

Now you're doing a sound job i will confirm as you too can confirm what i quoted in the Bible so we can then find out which of the nation in the east is making use of this instead of Mosaic laws claiming Christians or Muslims! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Now you're doing a sound job i will confirm as you too can confirm what i quoted in the Bible so we can then find out which of the nation in the east is making use of this instead of Mosaic laws claiming Christians or Muslims! smiley

Oga that was not my claim. You are the one claiming that nations used the bible to formulate their CONSTITUTIONS yet could not name a single nation. You instead came to say that "There was never any constitution WRITTEN until the God of Israel gave the Israelites laws and that's where all other nations derived these rules. Nothing like universal laws!" Which is why I said the Code of Hammurabi predates your bible so don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

Easily disproven, the Code of Hammurabi was written long before the Bible existed.

The code of Hammurabi was written before the Bible was compiled and called "the Bible" and not before the Bible was written.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

Oga that was not my claim. You are the one claiming that nations used the bible to formulate their CONSTITUTIONS yet could not name a single nation. You instead came to say that "There was never any constitution WRITTEN until the God of Israel gave the Israelites laws and that's where all other nations derived these rules. Nothing like universal laws!" Which is why I said the Code of Hammurabi predates your bible so don't get it twisted.

The humumrabi and sinmuballit case is inconclusive lacking credibility until the fabricators find out who is the father of Sinmuballit o! cheesy

I told you there was never any written laws until the God of Israel gave Moses the laws he read in the hearing of Israelites. The fabricators of your Hummurabi code forgot to cover their tracks because we know that humans give birth to humans so who is the father of Sinmuballit? smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Kobojunkiee: 4:19am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:
Really? Mention 5 nations whose constitution was derived from the bible.
Nah! Most of the nations that existed at the time instead had constitutions that Israel's - The National Constitution of the State of Israel - was likely derived from or at least mirrored to some extent. The Nation started out as a nation of men, not gods and so the Constitution was designed for living in the land of men even as they were urged to rise to become gods by obeying also the special laws of God as a Nation. undecided
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Nah! Most of the nations that existed at the time instead had constitutions that Israel's - The National Constitution of the State of Israel - was likely derived from or at least mirrored to some extent. The Nation started out as a nation of men, not gods and so the Constitution was designed for living in the land of men even as they were urged to rise to become gods by obeying also the special laws of God as a Nation. undecided

MaxInDHouse, Dtruthspeaker, Aemmyjah this is for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The humumrabi and sinmuballit case is inconclusive lacking credibility until the fabricators find out who is the father of Sinmuballit o! cheesy

I told you there was never any written laws until the God of Israel gave Moses the laws he read in the hearing of Israelites. The fabricators of your Hummurabi code forgot to cover their tracks because we know that humans give birth to humans so who is the father of Sinmuballit? smiley

Sin-Muballit's father was Apil-Sin so condition satisfied. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:54am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

They're saying at the time

Do you think there's a time when a certain God did anything?

When a certain God was concerned with anyone?
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The code of Hammurabi was written before the Bible was compiled and called "the Bible" and not before the Bible was written.

Check the date Max gave for when Genesis was written, its 250years+ after the Code of Hammurabi was written.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2023
Jamestaiwo:
Why do you Believe The Bible?

Why The Bible? Why Not The Qur'an Or Other Books And Beliefs?

This question every Christian must know how to answer when asked. Global Papa, Dr. Abel Damina, dissolves hard concepts here��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqyX3gQuEqU

I have checked the Bible.

Some use the word 'understood'

Some say they believe it is true

Some say they know it is true

Some say they understood that it doesn't have to be taken literally always

Hell Victorinho says he has seen that the Bible is one of the reasons why people may do bla bla bla.

Yeah, I'm talking about the content of the Bible , what is written in it.

You just come across the Bible for the first time.

You just find a reason to check or not.

What could be the reason?

1. You are told it is necessary
2. You are just curious
3. You are told it is necessary and you just want to know why you're told so.
4. You are forced to check.

After checking, you may act or fail to act based on what you find.

You act if it affects how you see certain things.

The way it affects may involve the occurrence of faith that may be confessed.

At the same time, you may consider yourself as someone that has learnt something.

You may also say you have come across nothing.

At the end, it's a matter of chance.

How your brain is affected in response to the content of the Bible is a matter of chance which I consider as intelligence if you benefit anything specific afterwards.

LordReed,Dtruthspeaker,MaXInDHouse,.....
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Of course not, I allow somethings be to advance the discourse.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

Sin-Muballit's father was Apil-Sin so condition satisfied. LMAO!
Who is the father to this one? smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Oga I have satisfied your condition as you clearly stated.

MaxInDHouse:

My own questions and points you refused to address instead you want to focus on endless genealogy. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

Oga I have satisfied your condition as you clearly stated. My own questions and points you refused to address instead you want to focus on endless genealogy. LoLz.

You must bring in the fathers of each person mentioned in the so called history to prove that the story is credible like what is found written in the book that says "in the beginning" anything short of that means fabrications to me which is not credible! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Are you asking for facts or opinion?
Which certain God are you talking about?
I don't even understand your question
Does this question make sense to you?
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You must bring in the fathers of each person mentioned in the so called history to prove that the story is credible like what is found written in the book that says "in the beginning" anything short of that means fabrications to me which is not credible! smiley

LoLz! Shifting of goal posts. When did I argue with you here about credibility? If I want to destroy the credibility of your book I won't be talking about the Code of Hammurabi, I will use your book itself so pipe low and focus on what we are discussing which is date written.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

The written laws wa written by God himself on the Mount of Sinai on a tablet and then, the israelites has no land on their own, they just crossed the red sea. Stop quoting my name for nonsense
Why do you ask?
Go and follow your code
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The written laws wa written by God himself on the Mount of Sinai on a tablet and then, the israelites has no land on their own, they just crossed the red sea. Stop quoting my name for nonsense
Why do you ask?
Go and follow your code

LoLz. I assume you will do same right. Don't quote me with nonsense too like fairytales of gods writing on stone. LMAO.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! Shifting of goal posts. When did I argue with you here about credibility? If I want to destroy the credibility of your book I won't be talking about the Code of Hammurabi, I will use your book itself so pipe low and focus on what we are discussing which is date written.

So your hummurabi case isn't worthwhile, that's why no nation ever reference it as rules used to formulate their constitution rather they all used the Bible! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So your hummurabi case isn't worthwhile, that's why no nation ever reference it as rules used to formulate their constitution rather they all used the Bible! smiley

Name the nations that used the Bible to form their constitution then.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Why do you ask?
Go and follow your code
Let him tell the forum which country in the world their Court will ask people to swear using his Hummurabi code! cheesy

This his how atheists just jump into arguments without thinking deep, if any other laws existed before the Bible how come such books aren't used in the court of law? cheesy
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

Name the nations that used the Bible to form their constitution then.
How many countries aren't using the Bible or Qur'an in their court of law?
That's what will make you know that your hummurabi is not credible hence it's never mentioned in any court of law during hearing! wink
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. I assume you will do same right. Don't quote me with nonsense too like fairytales of gods writing on stone. LMAO.

I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed
When did I ever mention your name for stupid questions. There's nothing meaningful you ever contributed on this group even for fellow atheists like you to learn from

You well know some of the laws of the TEN COMMANDMENTS and they guide principle of many constitution and customs and tradition in the World. You can't even mention anything in your imaginary code. Is that what guides atheists? You'd better go back to bed
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not sure any judge of any land knows much or any about that code
Which judge does not know the laws found in the commandments whether they believe God or not?
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed
When did I ever mention your name for stupid questions. There's nothing meaningful you ever contributed on this group even for fellow atheists like you to learn from

You well know some of the laws of the TEN COMMANDMENTS and they guide principle of many constitution and customs and tradition in the World. You can't even mention anything in your imaginary code. Is that what guides atheists? You'd better go back to bed

You mention my name all the time for stupid questions but I humour you. Now that you want raise your heckles at me because of what someone else said then you should take your own advice.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're punishing this guy
I'm not sure he'll be happy going back to the internet to answer your questions to hide his embarrassment on this thread
You'd better relieve him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Invitation To Antwerp Christian Fellowship (Belgium) / To The Atheist/agnostics, Allah Does Exist; The One Time Events Are "proofs." / How Can We Tell Which Religion Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.