Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why Do You Believe The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe The Bible? (1921 Views)

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Jamestaiwo: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2023
Why do you Believe The Bible?

Why The Bible? Why Not The Qur'an Or Other Books And Beliefs?

This question every Christian must know how to answer when asked. Global Papa, Dr. Abel Damina, dissolves hard concepts here��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqyX3gQuEqU

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Righthussle: 10:41am On Jan 04, 2023
I don't believe it because I know how it was made.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Jamestaiwo: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2023
Righthussle:
I don't believe it because I know how it was made.

How was it made?
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
It was never ever meant to be believed..

It was meant for us to know......

Spiritual truth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Jamestaiwo:

Why The Bible?
Why Not The Qur'an Or Other Books And Beliefs?
The Bible is made up of 66 little books the first 39 known as the Old Testament was mainly written in Hebrew language while part were written in Aramaic language and the remaining 27 known as the New Testament was written in Greek language.
The whole books were written by Israelites so most of the people involved in the stories are Israelites.

Now your questions:

Why The Bible?
Why Not The Qur'an Or Other Books And Beliefs?

There are so many books revered as SACRED in the world but the Bible is the most popular, it's the best selling book ever, it's the most recited and most nations derived their constitution through consideration of what is written in the Bible.
What exactly convince me (Maximus) that the Bible is truly what it calls itself "God's word" ?

It is written in this book that it's Author is the deity worshiped by a man called "Abraham" this deity claimed He is the Creator of Heaven (an unknown place) and the Earth (our planet home) this deity promised Abraham that he will become the father of a child that's coming to solve the problem of death, sickness and suffering on this planet! Genesis 12:1-3
Through Abraham's child people throughout the earth will be united as ONE family, they will settle all their racial disparities among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons among themselves and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
It's almost 2,800 years that the words of this deity quoted above was pronounced even though nobody today can see this deity but today a global family of peace loving worshipers bearing the name of this deity are fulfilling exactly what this deity foretold based on what this deity promised the group began bearing the name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES since 1931! Isaiah 65:15

This is what convinced me that the book authored by this deity is the one and only book inspired by the one true God! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

the best selling book ever, it's the most recited and most nations derived their constitution through consideration of what is written in the Bible.

Really? Mention 5 nations whose constitution was derived from the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

Really? Like Seriously?
OK mention any nation where these BIBLICAL rules are not in force?

“You must not murder.
“You must not commit adultery.
“You must not steal.
“You must not testify falsely when you are a witness against your fellow man.
“You must not desire your fellow man’s house. Exodus 20:13-17
smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Really? Like Seriously?
OK mention any nation where these BIBLICAL rules are not in force?

“You must not murder.
“You must not commit adultery.
“You must not steal.
“You must not testify falsely when you are a witness against your fellow man.
“You must not desire your fellow man’s house. Exodus 20:13-17
smiley

1. I asked for examples of nations whose CONSTITUTION was based on the bible or you don't know the difference between constitution and penal code?

2. Some of these laws are universal and existed before people had the Bible or you don't know that your forefathers had these laws before they ever saw or knew what a Bible was?

3. 2 of your stated laws are not crimes in most nations, desiring your neighbours property and adultery. You cannot punish someone for thinking of property that is not theirs, as long as they take no steps to take what doesn't belong to them there is no foul. Aside from Islamic countries and some African countries adultery is not a crime in most of the world's nations.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
The Bible is the word of Hod, and Yes I believe it.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

These laws are universal and existed before people had the Bible
R
There was never any constitution WRITTEN until the God of Israel gave the Israelites laws and that's where all other nations derived these rules. Nothing like universal laws! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
Jamestaiwo:

Why The Bible?

Simple. Exactly like seeing God is Good Motors taking people from Abuja to Calabar.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

All the nations of the world eg the pre 1900 criminal laws (not the rubbish criminal laws as created by men (legal) and criminal procedure, law of contracts, torts, principles of equity and justice inheritance and succession laws, family law etc. ALL NATURAL LAWS OF JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS AND EQUITY ALL COME FROM GOD AND THE BIBLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

R
There was never any constitution WRITTEN until the God of Israel gave the Israelites laws and that's where all other nations derived these rules. Nothing like universal laws! smiley
Dtruthspeaker:

All the nations of the world eg the pre 1900 criminal laws (not the rubbish criminal laws as created by men (legal) and criminal procedure, law of contracts, torts, principles of equity and justice inheritance and succession laws, family law etc. ALL NATURAL LAWS OF JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS AND EQUITY ALL COME FROM GOD AND THE BIBLE.

Easily disproven, the Code of Hammurabi was written long before the Bible existed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

Easily disproven, the Code of Hammurabi was written long before the Bible existed.

What's the name of it's writer and what year?

You people don't know why the Author of the Bible (God) made sure that each of His secretaries penned down their names and dates each writer lived on this planet! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What's the name of it's writer and what year?

You people don't know why the Author of the Bible (God) made sure that each of His secretaries penned down their names and dates each writer lived on this planet! smiley

Code of Hammurabi

The Code of Hammurabi is a Babylonian legal text composed c. 1755–1750 BC. It is the longest, best-organised, and best-preserved legal text from the ancient Near East. It is written in the Old Babylonian dialect of Akkadian, purportedly by Hammurabi, sixth king of the First Dynasty of Babylon. The primary copy of the text is inscribed on a basalt stele 2.25 m (7 ft 41⁄2 in) tall.
The stele was rediscovered in 1901 at the site of Susa in present-day Iran, where it had been taken as plunder six hundred years after its creation. The text itself was copied and studied by Mesopotamian scribes for over a millennium. The stele now resides in the Louvre Museum.

In what year was the bible written?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by sholay2011(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Because of the Person of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

Code of Hammurabi

The Code of Hammurabi is a Babylonian legal text composed c. 1755–1750 BC. It is the longest, best-organised, and best-preserved legal text from the ancient Near East. It is written in the Old Babylonian dialect of Akkadian, purportedly by Hammurabi, sixth king of the First Dynasty of Babylon. The primary copy of the text is inscribed on a basalt stele 2.25 m (7 ft 41⁄2 in) tall.
The stele was rediscovered in 1901 at the site of Susa in present-day Iran, where it had been taken as plunder six hundred years after its creation. The text itself was copied and studied by Mesopotamian scribes for over a millennium. The stele now resides in the Louvre Museum.

What is the NAME of it's writer nah? smiley

The first book of the BIBLE (Genesis) was written by Moses the great grandson of Levi one of the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham.
He began writing it in the year 1513 BCE. smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The first book of the BIBLE (Genesis) was written by Moses the great grandson of Levi one of the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham.

As if he's seen or read anything in that book. Whether na book or na code
I am not interested in who wrote it or the year. Let him tell us the content or theme of the book
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Read what I posted the name is right there.

The Code of Hammurabi was written between 1755-1750BC, that's more than 250years before what you are giving for your Moses writing Genesis (I only accept for sake of argument, there's all sorts of problem with that but let's leave it for another day).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

The Code of Hammurabi was written between 1755-1750BC, that's more than 250years before what you are giving for your Moses writing Genesis (I only accept for sake of argument there's all sorts of problem with that but let's leave it for another day).

Tell us the content of the book/code
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

As if he's seen or read anything in that book. Whether na book or na code
I am not interested in who wrote it or the year. Let him tell us the content or theme of the book
Aemmyjah:

Tell us the content of the book/code

Read it for yourself:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Code_of_Hammurabi_(Harper_translation)
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

Read it for yourself:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Code_of_Hammurabi_(Harper_translation)

I'm not interested sir
You read the laws Max wrote based in what he knew
You saw what Truthspeaker did as well
Neither of them asked you to go to the scriptures but they could have done so
You mentioned one unknown code and unverified date
Since you know much about the book, tell us something about it let all in the forum see
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

The Code of Hammurabi was written between 1755-1750BC, that's more than 250years before what you are giving for your Moses writing Genesis (I only accept for sake of argument there's all sorts of problem with that but let's leave it for another day).

So you don't have reliable information yet you jumped in to argue, shey?

Well who is the author?
From what tribe and who are his contemporaries? cheesy
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you don't have reliable information yet you jumped in to argue, shey?

Well who is the author?
From what tribe and who are his contemporaries? cheesy

Is that you can't read or what exactly is your problem?

LordReed:

Code of Hammurabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I'm not interested sir
Since you know much about the book, tell us something about it let all in the forum see

These people don't know how many enemies the Bible has that are hiding in secret they just thought it's by bringing any information that can't be verified with date, name and family background of the author! smiley
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

Is that you can't read or what exactly is your problem?

Who is the father of this so called king nah? cheesy
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

These people don't know how many enemies the Bible has that are hiding in secret they just thought it's by bringing any information that can't be verified with date, name and family background of the author! smiley

The discredit the Bible and other so called sacred books but when they are asked to discredit bible. They mention another book or code they know nothing about
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Who is the father of this so called king nah? cheesy

Sin-Muballit was his name.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I'm not interested sir

You are funny. I give you the entire text of the Code but you want me to quote it, to what end? Is the argument about what is written in the book or when it was written?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

LoLz! I gave you name and date so what are you on about?
Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The discredit the Bible and other so called sacred books but when they are asked to discredit bible. They mention another book or code they know nothing about

LoLz. Can you articulate exactly what it is you are griping about?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
LordReed:

You are funny. I give you the entire text of the Code but you want me to quote it, to what end? Is the argument about what is written in the book or when it was written?

When he mentioned some of the TEN COMMANDMENTS
Show us proof that it was written in another nations constitution as Israel was not the only nation at the time
You cook up one yeye code

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isreal Plans Banning Christianity / What Is Wrong With Reason ? / An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.