Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy (36467 Views)

‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment / Presidency May Take Over NDDC From Niger Delta Ministry / 2023 Presidency May Set Tinubu, Osinbajo Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by livinbygrace: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=UnfairLife7 post=119731887]I honestly feel for Obi seriously

The show of shame of his campaign and the bad name he gave Psquare the upcoming artists performing in an empty field in PH is so embarrassing

I honestly feel for him on a more serious note

I sincerely wish he will not giveup in contesting again after the election

Joke apart, I honestly feel for him[/quote

He is going back to PDP]
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Devil1Messenger: 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
DennisEche:
Sad reality. keep emotion aside and think deep. Brymo has a POINT
To cause chaos is easy
Anything to push Tinubu agenda
Bigots are easy to spot
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by DriveByKiller: 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
The only thing I get from this article is that Brymo can't write properly.

2 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by TemmyT002(m): 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Brymo sings song that shows he is an artistic and intelligent and intellectual human being. His songs are deep. However,the APC he fraternizes with and the things he say are ironic. Completely opposite.
What a weird human being.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Angelfrost(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
einsteine:
Well, people (especially in the core North) don't trust Igbos due to the Biafra issue. Until Jonathan came, no armoury was sited in the South East and no Igbo man had been the Chief of Army Staff. There is a great deal of concern on how much boldness an Igbo presidency would give to the Igbo elite and how safe that would be for the Northern Elites. This would work against Peter Obi and indeed any Igbo president.

I predict that should someone of Igbo origin ever become the President of Nigeria, it would be someone from Delta or Rivers state. They can easily escape many of the issues that south east Igbo candidates face.

So, why do many of you get offended by calls for secession?!!

If the highest office in the land cannot be open to everyone, then why do we claim to be One Nation?!!

Divide the nation properly... Let the inter-ethnic cold wars end for good.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by AsawanaDgreat: 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
Brymo is a defaced musician

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by VirileNelly2420: 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:

Fela did more than this. Yet he is a legend.

Fela is his mentor by the way.
Fela did wot exactly??
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Och77(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
Felahkoutty:
Please guys what is the meaning of pipe dream?

Unattainable dream
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
This useless Afonja artiste with his dead career still dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by ImperialYoruba: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Former Niger Delta militants leader, Asari Dokubo, has shared a video where he displayed AK-47 rifles against ‘Obidients’.

Obidients is name that describes ardent followers of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr. Peter Obi.

Asari Dokubo has before now made public his disdain for the Obidients and Peter Obi and had declared his support for presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu.

Dokubo had claimed that Peter Obi should be in jail in an earlier social media rant.

According to the former militant man, Obi should be in jail for investing the funds of the Anambra State government while he was a governor.

In this latest viral video, Dokubo slammed the Obidients for claiming to have held a 2 million man match in 15 thousand capacity Jos Stadium.

He ended his video by displaying his AK-47 rifles, declaring he is not afraid of the Obidients.

“Two million-man match in a fifteen thousand capacity stadium? In fifteen thousand capacity stadium and you held a 2 million-man match? You people should stop lying. Why not show us a stadium filed with 15 thousand people, we’ll accept it.

“Obi is going nowhere. This your Obi movement is a joke. Presenting Obi as a candidate is what any rational human being should not even think about. Presenting Obi as a candidate, a man who failed in Anambra. Nothing to show for in Anambra and that is the best Igbos can present.

“I feel sorry for Igbos. Anybody who talks you abuse them…you can’t abuse me. You can’t do me anything. If you come I go pursue you. Me na Tinubu I dey o. Na Tinubu go win this election o. Obi self no go carry third. I be coward? I dey here.”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Devil1Messenger: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:
Chimamanda Adichie was recently made a chief in her home town Abba, Anambra state after rejecting a National Award few months ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/7510340/chimamanda-adichie-first-female-chief#119723090

Singer Brymo's reaction:

https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale/status/1610761089041502230?t=tJNZyI_Oi7KpmW_h3_LfCw&s=19

https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale/status/1610763060263718942?t=IX3i_75XQrDwtL6OvoTNnQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/PulseNigeria247/status/1610963711216455680?t=9rVBEL8zW8djqvhjgXXAmQ&s=19
You are not really campaigning for Tinubu
All these tribal war u guys are bringing will end up giving Obi sympathy votes from the undecided voters.
If i was undecided b4, after reading this i will vote Obi
Nigeria need unity and not divisive statements

3 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by workchopNG: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:

Fela did more than this. Yet he is a legend.

Fela is his mentor by the way.

Don't ever try it again in your life... trying to compare Fela with Brymo in any way.

3 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Guyman01: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobicove:
There are some comments every musician who has common sense should avoid making...this is one of them undecided
The tribal sentiment in him is so much that he forgot he has fans across tribal and religious grounds and as a musician his words can either heal or hurt

2 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by broadman20: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I used to like this guy songs, but wetin bring Chimamanda's title for politics now ?

Don't tell me you envious of her accomplishments

What's with this hate against ndigbo?

Nigerians are certainly not one Nigerians, there is no such thing as one Nigeria! The hate and tribalism against ndigbo is at the apex level.

I have deleted everything brymo on my phone, rubbish. This 2023 will be war against tribalism

Nobody hates the Igbos except the Yorubas, they have always feel they are in a competition with the Igbos right from the early stages of the formation of Nigeria.

Wnat was the reason for that useless and reckless statement from Oba of lagos before 2019 election?

Although the hide and pretend about this truth but you can Google about it and see for yourself who brought ethnic/tribal politics into Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by hammerT: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Guyman01:

The tribal sentiment in him is so much that he forgot he has fans across tribal and religious grounds and as a musician his words can either heal or hurt s

FUNNY U SHOULD SAY DAT.

I ONCE LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC. DISGUSTING!

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by lhordspy: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
workchopNG:

Don't ever try it again in your life... trying to compare Fela with Brymo in any way.
cheesy
Lol. Na waoo. Thank god say i no near you.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by GoAndVerifyNow: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
I never knew this Brymo is a big FOOL.

This is why it is always advised that it is better to remain Silent and be thought a Fool than to speak and remove all doubts.

Now, the whole world will remember Brymo as a fool who prefers and ailing president.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Goddyrichie(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:
Chimamanda Adichie was recently made a chief in her home town Abba, Anambra state after rejecting a National Award few months ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/7510340/chimamanda-adichie-first-female-chief#119723090

Singer Brymo's reaction:

https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale/status/1610761089041502230? t=tJNZyI_Oi7KpmW_h3_LfCw&s=19

https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale/status/1610763060263718942?t=IX3i_75XQrDwtL6OvoTNnQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/PulseNigeria247/status/1610963711216455680?t=9rVBEL8zW8djqvhjgXXAmQ&s=19
I’m from SS but why it’s that hatred tribalism is very common with the southern can’t we take a look at the northern people have you ever see them hating themselves no they is strong love between them whenever they’re leader says let’s do this that’s what they going to do the northern have been ruling us since independent prime minister na dem president na dem ministers na dem military officials na dem IGP na dem whoever they want to be the president is going to be they’re decision that’s why they have power than the southern yet we don’t think about that or put an end all we know how to do is hating on each other our mumu no too much

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by cquared: 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I honestly feel for Obi seriously

The show of shame of his campaign and the bad name he gave Psquare the upcoming artists performing in an empty field in PH is so embarrassing

I honestly feel for him on a more serious note

I sincerely wish he will not giveup in contesting again after the election

Joke apart, I honestly feel for him

No, you should be ashamed of yourself for seeing the truth but chose to take the lie. You are a shame to your generation.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:
When we say these things called truth. They call us a different name like tribalistic, bigot.
But truth must be said, bitter or not.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Reactions from obidients and tweeps below.

Guy why not use this early part of the year to be useful to yourself. Stop showing stupidity online real time

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Not "may be", it is a pipe dream.

Politics is not about insulting everyone before and after election.

You don't have sense
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Aldol: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria and their bitter hatred towards igbos in southeast Nigeria is something need to be studied in theology..

Devil no hate humanity reach like this ..

Ah ah

What’s is happening?

Yoruba people self ..

Out of over 400 ethnic group .. wetin go make a self acclaimed Sophisticators to hate one tribe with so much passion

And the worst is trying to spread the hate around and then in their hallucinations they believe all Nigerians Dey reason like Yoruba people

You see why I keep saying power yo north.. na after election .. Yoruba people go understand how Nigerians deeply hate tufaced idibia and green snakes in green grass..

Obi will lose .. but the loss of Yoruba will be more resounding .. all over Nigeria

February is here ..

The hatred Yoruba sowed .. is what Yoruba will reap ..

Haba!

Dan Bayerebe banza shege !!

I hate pigs and urchins
Yes it pays for Fulani to rule till eternity so long as Igbo won't smell that sit. Am fine with it
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Ted4real: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Revolutionary
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Geenosko: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Music nor pay this one so he's blowing ethnic whistles for relevance and a couple of thousand dollars.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
post=119743005:
It will happen one day when we Igbos learn and start playing politics the right way.......

Unfortunately, we told them the below 8 years ago,
2014, but our people never listened to us.
2023 would have been the best and perfect time for us Igbos to Rule, but for where, they pitched their tent with politics of hatred and bitterness.
It's a shame.
The below is the HARD TRUTH, for your reading pleasure.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party.
The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda.
So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe.
I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake.
Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence.
The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.
That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 
Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who 

Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today.
Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023".
"Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?
really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary responses from nonentities .
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

Please, people should stop getting it twisted.
Not all Igbos are Igbos cannibals, murderers and animals.
We igbos are great, sensible and good people.
We won't allow some miscreants and cannibals that are not up to 1% of our tribe/population to keep giving us bad image in the face of other Nigerians and the WOLRD at large.

We will keep making this clear everytime we come across where anyone want to juxtaposed us together with forests animals , AKA Igbos swines.
We are not cannibals in our tribe, we do not eat human beings...... NEVER!!

We Rise.

You are a big disgrace walahi(report me if you like). So the north thar was ravaged by Boko haram can.produce president but South east cannot because of violence that we know for sure is incited by elements outside the region in collaboration with criminals in the region to cause tension and create a semblance of anarchy for evil aims and you are here speaking rubbish all because of eye service.
Meanwhile you have not shown remorse for the disaster you marketed to us as president and the man is leaving behind 77 trillion naira debt for the country and you are here shamelessly marketing another disaster.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Headachetoigboh(f): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Who be this one again. Even pigs want to trend with calling igbos names

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. They do not even know Brymo.

To educate you, Brymo is a Lagos Indigene.

Brymo did not come to Lagos, running away from poverty in his state in search of fame like P and Sqiare wink He is at home and you came to meet him in his state.

Presidency is coming home to us. This is our brightest opportunity as Lagos indigenes. We presented the best and most competent candidate to our fellow Nigerians.
On the mandate of Asiwaju I stand.

This your statement is foolish or even stupid at best. Anybody can go anywhere to make money. In America people make it by going to Holywood no bigot attacks them for it.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Streetpriest1: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
oyin44:
Obi is not familiar with the people of the north and south west...

Don't you see how they look at him as a person whom they could hardly relate with ..

Compare him to how Nigerians embrace tinubu and atiku even in south east ..

Embrace who? Otapiapia or rat poison?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Telldem1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Every average Yoruba person hates Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by ZombieSlayer1: 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. They do not even know Brymo.

To educate you, Brymo is a Lagos Indigene.

Brymo did not come to Lagos, running away from poverty in his state in search of fame like P and Sqiare wink He is at home and you came to meet him in his state.

Presidency is coming home to us. This is our brightest opportunity as Lagos indigenes. We presented the best and most competent candidate to our fellow Nigerians.
On the mandate of Asiwaju I stand.
Have you noticed that in all these current political discourse pertaining to this election, out of more than 200 tribes in this country it's only the Yoruba tribe that is hating on the Igbos? What does that tell you??
I honestly love the way you guys are exposing yourselves; the rest of the tribes are watching and taking notes

3 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by naijapikin2(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Whatever is in the pipe will never remain there forever.

It must come out!

Whether biafra or oduduwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Fetus Keyamo Vs Segun Sowunmi Interview on Channels TV / 2019: Thank Ekiti People: ATIKU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.