Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy (36553 Views)

‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment / Presidency May Take Over NDDC From Niger Delta Ministry / 2023 Presidency May Set Tinubu, Osinbajo Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Best978:
The G-string ineffectual artist couldn't even hide his bigotry, saying he'd rather have an Ailing president than an Igbo one. Wonder what Igbos ever did to y'all. Imagine implying the S/east isn't safe and for that deserves only VP but the North ravaged with terrorism can rule as long as they want

The guy is truly a BATstard. I'm truly shocked that Brymo of all celebrities would still be looking at life through tribal lenses and not be able to see the bigger picture. His music carries a sense of mental emancipation...

Makes you wonder how deep the root of tribalism goes in Nigeria.

As a Yoruba man, I think getting Obi in might be more difficult than we thought...
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Scamburster(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
GEJ didn't contest under a small party... He contested under PDP a big party... Again an Igbo man becoming president solve no biafra agitation matter... A president doesn't represent one tribe but all... So quit this chat... In 2023 it either tinubu or Atiku for president... Maybe in 2027 if an Igbo person gets PDP ticket he or she stands a chance... Ok...
Wil you die if eventually po emerges?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. They do not even know Brymo.

To educate you, Brymo is a Lagos Indigene.

Brymo did not come to Lagos, running away from poverty in his state in search of fame like P and Sqiare wink He is at home and you came to meet him in his state.

Presidency is coming home to us. This is our brightest opportunity as Lagos indigenes. We presented the best and most competent candidate to our fellow Nigerians.
On the mandate of Asiwaju I stand.

Finally, now that we have a president from "Lagos", we can buy food items cheaper than other states. .
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Scamburster:

Wil you die if eventually po emerges?
labour isn't going anywhere u can scream curse all you want your next president is either tinubu or Atiku.... In 2027 anyone contesting outside PDP APC can't win president... So maybe you would rather die when Obi comes fourth next year...
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Scamburster(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Levels1:

Dear brother

I appreciate your write up

You nailed it gan ni ooo

But then, you have really make it easier

As I will also like you to give the honest truth on your question that says

Out of 400 tribes why do Yoruba diskidi IGBOS this much

The bitter truth is that out of the 400 tribes you said,

Don't you see that IGBOS are the bad type?

Don't you know that they are betrayals?

Go to University library and read more about IGBOS to know who they really are and what brings about our hate towards they, kindly visit OAU library

Igbos Gene is second to betrayals.

They can trade you for money and do anything to get rich and not minding who go down or whos affected.

Honestly speaking, I will rather vote for an hausa, fulani or any other tribe Instead of igbos

If I have my way, I will have appreciate they grant IGBOS the independent they cave for as they are the only tribe ruining our prestige abroad just name it: drugs, assain, terrorist and the likes they are active on it.

I do hope your question has been answered?
See human.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by haybhi1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I used to like this guy songs, but wetin bring Chimamanda's title for politics now ? Don't tell me you envious of her accomplishments What's with this hate against ndigbo? Nigerians are certainly not one. Nigerians, there is no such thing as one. Nigeria! The hate and tribalism against ndigbo is at the apex level. I have deleted everything brymo on my phone, rubbish. This 2023 will be war against tribalism

Exactly, tribalism is bad, same thought I had that nearly made me deleted the few PSquare songs I like, but for tribalism reproach sake.

Anyways, thank you for this screenshot, I swear it'll be some good addition to my music list.

I always hear this Brymo isn't bad in his songs, time to find out and update my list. Thanks for providing where to start from.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by ykalhaji(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
dyera:
Just as Jonathan becoming the president went a long way in quelling the agitation of Niger Delta, same way an Igbo man becoming the president will go a long way in quelling the tension in the south east.

I still remember Tompolo threatening war should Jonathan lose the 2011 presidential election and as a Niger Deltan I actually shared his sentiment, I'm sure other Niger Deltan must have felt the same.

You might be right but the difference is that the Niger-Delta has the oil, so their agitations affects Nigeria,the North, provides agriculture and the majority of manpower for the military architecture of Nigeria, now what does the SE have to make the rest of Nigeria negotiate or worry about their agitations? As it is, the rest of Nigeria thinks the SE needs Nigeria more than they need the SE since people of the SE region are more outside the SE than in the SE.

Power is about leverage, when the Yorubas wanted power in 93-99 they leveraged agitations in Lagos the economic nerve center of Nigeria, the rest of Nigeria had to negotiate. The truth is that the SE can only beg for the presidency but can't negotiate or demand for the presidency of Nigeria yet.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by toneroforever(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Brymo na mumu,pure breed urchin. Supporting Tinubu isn't the problem, that's within his rights but doing so senselessly is.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Scamburster(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
labour isn't going anywhere u can scream curse all you want your next president is either tinubu or Atiku.... In 2027 anyone contesting outside PDP APC can't win president... So maybe you would rather die when Obi comes fourth next year...
Yet to answer my question, Wil you die if eventually po emerges?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Scamburster(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
ykalhaji:

You might be right but the difference is that the Niger-Delta has the oil, so their agitations affects Nigeria,the North, provides agriculture and the majority of manpower for the military architecture of Nigeria, now what does the SE have to make the rest of Nigeria negotiate or worry about their agitations? As it is, the rest of Nigeria thinks the SE needs Nigeria more than they need the SE since people of the SE region are more outside the SE than in the SE.

Power is about leverage, when the Yorubas wanted power in 93-99 they leveraged agitations in Lagos the economic nerve center of Nigeria, the rest of Nigeria had to negotiate. The truth is that the SE can only beg for the presidency but can't negotiate or demand for the presidency of Nigeria yet.

Let we see then.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingmaster2009:
Omo....Oil dey your head....

You are a thinker....

My brother.....

Word of wisdom

Let all the foolish Yoruba people chanting ObiDENSE ...know that if Obi become the president ...music go change as.Buahri change the Music for Tinubu. and all the Yoruba people during his administration ....he only saw Fulani people as the capable hands in all govt parastal

I believe you have been misled. As my fellow Yoruba, I have to open your eyes. Having a president from our region doesn't guarantee us anything! Only the political elites enjoy. Currently, the north is the most damaged region despite having a Northern President.

They say when elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. Me and you are the grass. The poor masses are the grass.

Deep down, I also have the instinct to want to be tribal and go with a Yoruba. It's absolutely normal. But you have to always look past that. Every developed country in the world did.

Look out for intelligence, look out for competence, look out for communication. Watch a couple of videos on Obi and do a background check on the man. He's not an angel o but he's the finest candidate in the top 3 by a mile egbon.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by tiger28: 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
God1000:
There's nothing like will-o'-the-wisp here.

This is masses revolution.

Biafran REVOLUTION grin grin grin grin
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by tiger28: 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria and their bitter hatred towards igbos in southeast Nigeria is something need to be studied in theology..

Devil no hate humanity reach like this ..

Ah ah

What’s is happening?

Yoruba people self ..

Out of over 400 ethnic group .. wetin go make a self acclaimed Sophisticators to hate one tribe with so much passion

And the worst is trying to spread the hate around and then in their hallucinations they believe all Nigerians Dey reason like Yoruba people

You see why I keep saying power yo north.. na after election .. Yoruba people go understand how Nigerians deeply hate tufaced idibia and green snakes in green grass..

Obi will lose .. but the loss of Yoruba will be more resounding .. all over Nigeria

February is here ..

The hatred Yoruba sowed .. is what Yoruba will reap ..

Haba!

Dan Bayerebe banza shege !!

I hate pigs and urchins

I am NOT Yoruba BUT I can tell you that EVERY tribe in Nigeria hates ibos .......

No one likes these lousy noise makers!!!
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by udeh3(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
walefresh3:
You guys should stop decieving Nigerians.. the better life he couldn't give to the anambranians...
Till date anambranians are trooping to tinubu Lagos like economical refugees...

What happened to the good life u all claimed obi gave them ? Just asking anyway I

Atleast, they top Lagos in healthcare, education and life expectancy.

I know you don't understand these things until you leave Lagos for a month to other places

You can as well eduacte me of the standard infrastructure BAT built during his 8yrs of being a governor. Also list just three of BAT economic revolution of Lagos State apart from heavy taxation. I forget to mention, for 23yrs now, Lagos is owing over 1tr debt, a state generating over 700B annually

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by onuman: 12:02am On Jan 06, 2023
Brymo, if Peter Obi doesn't not succeed President Buhari due to ethnic bigots like you, everyone will continue to smell rotten in Nigeria. Don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by jcross19: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2023
walefresh3:
if truly u care about Nigerian Mases then vote a known great performance than supporting unachieval with mediocrity ideas...

The real Mases want TINUBU... Vote wisely not on sentimentalism....
ahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahaha APC ? That turned 133millions to abject poverty... How much are they selling when PDP were there how much is it now? Nobody want APC again.... Only the urchins want APC

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2023
oyatainer:

I think your last paragraph here is a song of praise for Yoruba not hatred driven. I will just be laughing sometimes if I read something from Igbo political analysts.

I wonder what you take others for. I Buhari is a Jibrin and a lifeless president and Tinubu is a pampers aspirant, I think you people expect other people and tribes to clap for you. You expect them to sing song of praise for Igbo for their rhetorical prowess without getting back to you hardly. Keep on deceiving yourself. It's a part of politics and political games. If someone should be angry a lot in this country for blackmail and name calling, it should be Fulani and Hausa. You never see anything. A lot is in the pipeline for you.

It beats my imagination how Igbo who are so aggressive in name calling, dishing abuse to others expect people not to use their weaknesses against them in politics. It's a delusion to have that stance.

My guy look at you showing all your tribal scales out in the open. You look like you're learned yet you stoop this low.

How do you think the British divided Nigeria mentally? They used the media, they used information. They planted seeds. Our political elites are doing the same. In the southwest, we have so many names we call Easterners and Northerners just like the Easterners and Northerners have theirs for us and others. Read 1984 by George Orwell to understand better.

We've all been calling each other names for decades.

Think for a second my g. Why would you ever hate an Igbo person? They've never even been in position of apex power in last 2 decades to influence the course of your life...so why?

The tribalism has to stop because we the masses are the only losers in the end. Sometimes you're approached with tribalism but TRY TO BE THE BIGGER PERSON and ask him/her "why?" You'll see that they'll come around because you and that person's reality is the same!
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 12:33am On Jan 06, 2023
Olaolex:
Yes sir. I understand your plight. But we need to shun tribalism. Those urchins are bastard, they are bitter and tribalistic. They hide behind politics to incite hatred and tribalism. We must most work in unity to take this country forward. God bless you sir

This thread is scary! You're the only one that understands that we the masses need to work together in unity. I thought we were done with DIVIDE AND CONQUER! Ashey it's still in full flight!

The Igbos are mad at the Yoruba saying they're tribalistic, Yorubas are saying Igbos are tribalistic. I don't want to believe this is the stance of the average Nigerian. This thread lasan!

If this really is the way average Nigerians feel, then apparently, we're still being fueled by unity of language not unity of purpose that fuels developing/developed countries. We're no different from ancient Oyo or ancient Benin... ripe for enslavement by the West and political elites again. God abeg.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 12:47am On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Fela did more than this. Yet he is a legend.

Fela is his mentor by the way.

This guy I no sure say u be Yoruba o. Na Baba Fela you mention like that? A great pan Africanist that NEVER compromised not to talk of being tribalistic.

Brymo should be cancelled beyond recognition for such generalisation. As an artiste who I reckon moves all over Nigeria, doesn't he have Igbo friends? You too supporting, don't you have Igbo friends? Na wa

All of you and the spirit of unity of language are cancelled!
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by engrpheleeks(m): 12:49am On Jan 06, 2023
ykalhaji:

SO IT IS OK AND FULFILLING TO YOU THAT A REGION WILL HAVE TO 'BEG' TO BE PRESIDENT? WHAT DOES THAT MAKE OF THEM IF THEY HAVE TO BEG FOR THAT?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Igboslayer: 12:54am On Jan 06, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria and their bitter hatred towards igbos in southeast Nigeria is something need to be studied in theology..

Devil no hate humanity reach like this ..

Ah ah

What’s is happening?

Yoruba people self ..

Out of over 400 ethnic group .. wetin go make a self acclaimed Sophisticators to hate one tribe with so much passion

And the worst is trying to spread the hate around and then in their hallucinations they believe all Nigerians Dey reason like Yoruba people

You see why I keep saying power yo north.. na after election .. Yoruba people go understand how Nigerians deeply hate tufaced idibia and green snakes in green grass..

Obi will lose .. but the loss of Yoruba will be more resounding .. all over Nigeria

February is here ..

The hatred Yoruba sowed .. is what Yoruba will reap ..

Haba!

Dan Bayerebe banza shege !!

I hate pigs and urchins
Werey oloriburuku omo ale, when your flat headed kinsmen were all over the place talking trash insulting everybody and misbehaving and pretending like they are the most powerful ethnic tribe that ever existed in Nigeria...about how powerful they are dominating people more powerful than them, where were you?

Igbos are the most ethnocentric set of people in Nigeria,
you live and love to thrive on empty self beliefs that bothers on parochial ideology of profound foolishness.

May be you should ask your father why they fought Nigeria's only civil because of perceived ethnic superiority. No body will like foolish people that didn't know their limits. You claimed to develop other people's home while you wallow in abject poverty in your own villages.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by BigIyanga: 12:56am On Jan 06, 2023
DennisEche:
Sad reality. keep emotion aside and think deep. Brymo has a POINT
What point?She was honored by her town… not IPOB or Biafra. The only that unites Naija is when an injustice is about to be meted out to an Igbo person. Smh. Why is that average Naija doesnt like injustice unless it’s done to an Igbo person. So national award is the same as Chieftaincy title??
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2023
ykalhaji:

No matter how I look at it, I'm convinced you're filled to the brim with opppresive spirits. Very insensitive and I'm not even Igbo.

If truly they don't have anything to offer, shouldn't it be easy for them to leave and form their Biafra? Why hold them back?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Olaolex: 1:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

This thread is scary! You're the only one that understands that we the masses need to work together in unity. I thought we were done with DIVIDE AND CONQUER! Ashey it's still in full flight!

The Igbos are mad at the Yoruba saying they're tribalistic, Yorubas are saying Igbos are tribalistic. I don't want to believe this is the stance of the average Nigerian. This thread lasan!

If this really is the way average Nigerians feel, then apparently, we're still being fueled by unity of language not unity of purpose that fuels developing/developed countries. We're no different from ancient Oyo or ancient Benin... ripe for enslavement by the West and political elites again. God abeg.

Honestly, we really need get it right in things country. We need to rise above tribalism and religion to make things work. These two factors have been our major problem. We just need to conquer it and everything will be alright. God bless Nigeria our dare country.

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Agbadolova: 1:22am On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
When we say these things called truth. They call us a different name like tribalistic, bigot.
But truth must be said, bitter or not.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Reactions from obidients and tweeps below.

This brymo of a person must be high on something after looking at the three contestants and to him bat is the most qualified because he's a yorubaman and somebody is shamelessly supporting him in his and his principal's gaffes. It's as if redemption is far from Nigeria.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Ojady(m): 1:26am On Jan 06, 2023
No matter what anyone says, if Peter Obi does not win, there is no problem, he will be President of Biafra, the Eastern states of Nigeria. That way, all those who want and vote for him as C in C can migrate to the east "...have their cake and eat it too". Shikena!
Make una kwantinu yeah? Atiku go just slide enter Aso Rock cheesy
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 1:27am On Jan 06, 2023
Sunrise258:
The difference btw Yoruba and Igbo is this...

when OBJ endorsed PO no Yoruba dragged him or insulted or called him betrayer but when Arthur Eze said he is not supporting PO but Atiku, the Igbo, old and young have cursed, dragged and call this billionaire all sort of unprintable names.

Yoruba are a civilized, organised and highly educated people, who understand everyone has a right to their opinion and of choice in everything. On the contrary, the Igbo are a cantankerous group of people/traders who like to force their choice on everybody. And result to name calling and use of abusive words just bc you didn't abandon your choice and opinion to follow theirs.

I guess you're not part of we the civilised Yoruba people because we civilised Yorubas are not tribalistic and we don't generalise.

We don't allow the virus of conquer and divide designed by our political elites eat into our system. We think original thoughts.

Btw I know you also support Tinubu. Your weak leader Tinubu called Ex President Obasanjo names on live TV because he was supporting someone else. He even asked his followers to call him names too. The entire narrative you're trying to push backfired and if you're a normal human you'll question your own philosophy.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Agbadolova: 1:28am On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

No matter how I look at it, I'm convinced you're filled to the brim with opppresive spirits. Very insensitive and I'm not even Igbo.

If truly they don't have anything to offer, shouldn't it be easy for them to leave and form their Biafra? Why hold them back?

Very objective submission
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Agbadolova: 1:32am On Jan 06, 2023
Babysho:

Finally, now that we have a president from "Lagos", we can buy food items cheaper than other states. .

So the brightest of you all is bat. That's hilarious. Keep it up. You have a very short memory.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 1:37am On Jan 06, 2023
Olaolex:
Honestly, we really need get it right in things country. We need to rise above tribalism and religion to make things work. These two factors have been our major problem. We just need to conquer it and everything will be alright. God bless Nigeria our dare country.

Amen! I'll never stop believing. The history books read that black Africans in Egypt used to produce the strongest kings and we operated a system of govt all over Africa that had check and balance.

Black Egypt was conquered because of the absence of unity amongst blacks. Afterwards, we forgot our history and our ways and black slavery happened; we forgot slavery almost immediately and colonization happened afterwards; we're currently witnessing the 4th conquering of black Africans by brainwashed political elites few years after colonization. We must fight to remember, unite and remind others.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Babysho(m): 1:40am On Jan 06, 2023
Agbadolova:

So the brightest of you all is bat. That's hilarious. Keep it up. You have a very short memory.

You not even looking at the monikers you're quoting lol. You just quoted me with "objective submission" on another post.

Btw my post was obviously sarcasm... check again and read sarcastically lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Aftermath Of 3Hour Heavy Downpour In Ondo Town / Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.