Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? (10558 Views)

How Do You Cope in a Toxic Workplace / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by maiiilooo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
I'm just curious, so I decided to throw this question to the house.
Some people are fortunate to be employed or were employed in a job where they had no experience. Maybe as a fresh graduate or probably you lied about having the skills or experience.
So how did you cope during your first days at work ?
Tells your story please, I'm just curious to know.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Boogyman557: 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by AuroraB(f): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wetin my eyes see, my mouth no fit talk am cry
Almost gave up

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
I just did it to the best of my knowledge.

That's how I've been copping.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by HarunaWest(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
AuroraB:
Wetin my eyes see, my mouth no fit talk am cry
Almost gave up
hhahahah sorry oo. My last job and my present job required experience, I had none. I was lucky to be a fast learner, so I trained on the job if not see gobe.

18 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by AuroraB(f): 7:40am On Jan 08, 2023
HarunaWest:
hhahahah sorry oo. My last job and my present job required experience, I had none. I was lucky to be a fast learner, so I trained on the job if not see gobe.
Same here. I hadn't experience in the previous but I did it anyways, the experience got the interest of interviewers but it turned out a multi-diverse grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I persevered cos, the life wey we dey so cheesy
I couldn't call my people for almost 2 months and....I was choked. But now, I'm good �

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Jokerman(m): 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
HarunaWest:

Engineer job?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by HarunaWest(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Jokerman:

U
Engineer job?
Accounting

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2023
embarassed
Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by NaijaCover(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2023
, doesn't have much Experience Before Starting Blogging Business And Now , is very popular In Blogging.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Chibaby87(f): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2023
Let me get the job first. God please bless me with a good job and am I tired of staying at home. Please someone should connect me

33 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Goodoldays(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2023
Very good reply

Check well,he is an urchin
Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by SeeItSayIt: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2023
Use hot water to wash your face
Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Honestfrend: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2023
The internet is ur friend..

Me wen I get a new job ..i just meet one person among the staff 2 Brush me up...

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Komu1048(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2023
post=119860291:
, doesn't have much Experience Before Starting Blogging Business And Now , is very popular In Blogging.

No one in bad news broadcasting grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Kingsize4eva(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2023
Can’t even tell
Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Focusmind: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2023
We were lucky to enter the Corporate World as Management Trainees/Executive Trainees/Graduate Trainees

No experience required. We passed through classroom and induction training for six months in 2005/2006

This is the best thing that could happen to any recent graduate - To be hired by a multinational or any good company as a graduate trainee after the rigorous SHL/Aptitude tests and interviews.

Your career will be well-planned and structured. If you are good, you rise through the ranks and gain the experience in the company. After five or eight years, with rich experience as a subject expert in your field, you could transfer your services to another company with a higher pay.

However, if you are unlucky to enter through the trainee-ship route, you will just be left with unstable jobs - hopping from one man business to another. Some could still be lucky to horn their skills in lesser known companies and develop great competencies that would enable them to break into their field with bigger industry players.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by WibusJaga: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2023

It's only mushroom companies that subject inexperienced new employees to stress.
Most established firms have elaborate training & mentorship schemes for their trainee intakes.

Meantime... grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by OboOlora(f): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2023
Lazy Nigerians!

You will learn more from YouTube about any job than you will learn in a classroom or from a subordinate.

But No, Nigerians prefer to use their data to watch Zinolesky on YouTube and comment on faceless forums.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by Annahh(f): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2023
I was at the mercy of my colleagues who think they were doing me a favour teaching me things I ought to know, as if nobody taught then during their time, luckily I am a fast learner.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by 1murphy1: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2023
maiiilooo:
I'm just curious, so I decided to throw this question to the house.
Some people are fortunate to be employed or were employed in a job where they had no experience. Maybe as a fresh graduate or probably you lied about having the skills or experience.
So how did you cope during your first days at work ?
Tells your story please, I'm just curious to know.

Make Google search your friend about your new job, you will get info on how to go about it

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by chimezie1283: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2023
It's really not easy, it was like a Christian brother going to the mosque to pray. But with determination, perseverance and patience...you will scale through

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by atobs4real(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2023
be deligent and puntual for a start.
Also be active in your roles.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? by VeryBoi(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2023
If i see 2k like this...i fit cry. 8123810136 OPAY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invite From Iconic Ace Integrated Services / NEW Job Recruitment Company for NIGERIANS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS / Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.