Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48701 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Allisgud: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Op ur work no easy o,it took u a week,to come up with ur usual junkie,how com na only u understand those slangs grin cheesy cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Samunique(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Where are you from sir?
Emi Omo Olowu Oduru from Abeokuta Ogun State.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shantti(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
softy:

I laugh in Dominion Powers.

1.My earthly progenitors are Yoruba Ponbele. (Awori ati EGBA ALAKE)

2. The word gagara could be mean many things based on the tone (phonemes) and aami ohun ti o ba wa lori gbolohun naa.

Gagara (do do do) means very tall and huge.
e.g Eran Agbonrin yen ni iwo gagara (That Deer has a very huge horn)

Gagara (re re re) means being proud.
e.g. Baba eleran nse apa gagara (That meat seller man is very proud)

Garagara (do do, do do) means proud too. Or it means you are doing anyhow. It has same meaning as 'bashubashu'

I still maintain it that your word "Gagaraga' does not Exist in Yoruba Morphology.

3. I am open to more learning bro.

ilordspy pls i want to learn too. Answer this pls

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
FEMoxylian:

Obedients are mostly igbo traders with no formal education with some blind/illiterate bloggers from Edo state and some people under serious poverty thinking the high cost of living is only peculiar to Nigeria. They don't have the intelligence to compare Nigeria with other countries.

It's unfortunate that you don't travel.

Secondly, that your association is too small.

And last, that you live your life online.

Anywhere, that is the mentality of an average Yoruba man. When I meet most of your people with your kind of mentality, they usually ask me what I sell.

Like seriously?

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by sukkot: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

We are waiting
grin grin grin grin
ifa says man that have patience eat the fattest bone. edakun eni suru undecided

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by baretalk: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Did Tinubu spell it for you before you came up with your own spelling?

Where did your man get "gagaraga" that he wrote in his write up?

What has gazelle got to do with gragra?

Is gragra the same thing as gagaraga?
It's you Obi supporters and Ipobians that concocted the spelling. What's the difference between the two if not for pronunciation. Baba is a professor, he uses metaphors and coins expressions.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
IamAsiri:

KO si nkan to nje "o nse gagaraga kiri Ile". It's "o nse garagara kiri ile". ...Unless you are from Eko "mi de ke de", then you can be forgiven for murdering our language cheesy.

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

It is not an attempt. It is setting the record stright. Their nonsense was getting out of hand. Somebody need to say something or they will feel they are right.

What record was bent that you need to make straight? Who made the record?

Is gragra and gagaraga the same thing?

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by naturefellow(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.
you're the one exhibiting gross stupidity, by defending Tinubu/APC's gaffe.

Which sane presidential candidate says that during a campaign? Only a senile one. And you try to rationalise it?

Thunder fire Woe betide you!

You always try to explain it or further dumb it down the Jagaban jargon to us.
Nigeria doesn't want this kind of presidential embarrassment, especially in the int'l community. Better he is taken to retirement home.

No carry Nigerians catch cruise, mbok undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.

How does all this explain "gazelle gagaraga"?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
baretalk:

It's you Obi supporters and Ipobians that concocted the spelling. What's the difference between the two if not for pronunciation. Baba is a professor, he uses metaphors and coins expressions.

Still doesn't answer the questions.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by MarketDispatch: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

You dont understand yoruba. So please stay out of this.

I wish I was a Teacher in your Child's School so that I can infuse your Child's Brain with the rubbish called Gazelle Garaga or Gara Gara that you so talk about.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by ibkayee(f): 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin
ifa says man that have patience eat the fattest bone. edakun eni suru undecided
Nah but your guy isn’t relenting with these mishaps

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by ElijahIme1992(m): 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
Oga we no be fools, please stop dis it's embarrassing.... Bulaba bablu too na youruba slangs?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Oluwomonext212(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Babanla werey ni iwo bobo yii…. U don blow my stomach with laughter…. Ur job isn’t easy to imitate na u no get second
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by baretalk: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Still doesn't answer the questions.

See there was no written words, you people are misrepresenting what he said, out if beef.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by naturefellow(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Me, a young man?
old buffoon certainly fits undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shantti(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
Parachoko:
Even with the explanation by the OP, you still choose to be disgracing yourself? Smh

expla kini!!!!!!!
my fellow nairalanders make una come see oh, omoh i weak
my only concern is that i hope no Tinubu supporter is a lecturer of medicine make he no go teach medical student wetin go make am kill patient, becos una fit teach rubbish

see explanation, omoh

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by olaztek(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
@ op - pls, can you also explain balablu, blu, bulaba?
I want to learn a new word.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Sammy5413(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wow nice one, I need to employ you so translate what my 3 months old baby is saying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Perfectbeing(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
Dear BATists.

An AK 47 without bullets is a mere walking stick;
A Sling without stones is at best a G-string;
A BATist without PVC is a mere Obidient.

GET YOUR PVC and vote APC all the Way.
Guys, we don't just want to win, but win Incontrovertibly. A victory that can't be challenged in court.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by naturefellow(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Absolutely brilliant. People Gazette is a trashy platform for fake news and bigots.

Since Kperogii disgraced himself the time he could not understand how brilliant Asiwaju is, he has since learnt to keep silent and think deeply to comprehend Asiwaju Tinubu.

PG will not last because nothing built on lies and falsehood can stand. The fake news business will end someday
don't mind him, People's Gazette is APC's nemesis.

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by perdollar(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Who ds charge n bail lawyer wan impress?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Ovieemmanuel: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Oboy you are a clear psycho.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lenghtinny(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
People wey no hear Yoruba go think say the Op dey make sense with this blatant balderdash grin
Gagaraga has nothing to do with Yoruba language... Make Op ask Oshiomole whether na auchi language cheesy

The Op is obviously not okay angry

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by sukkot: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

We are waiting
but on a serious note a gazelle is known as a very swift animal and have bursts of speed as high as 100 km per hour. this can be termed as a gra gra personality and so a gazelle gragra is someone who is not known to calm down. someone with nervous energy. someone who is fidgety or aggressive. the pleasure was all mine me sista wink wink

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by wavylevel: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
You are a c.u.n.t and a smelly one at that.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shantti(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
simplesearch:

But are all his audience yoruba speaking people? If not, how does he expect them to comprehend the unexpected switch to a local dialect? And if they are not meant to understand all his messages, is the purpose of communication not defeated? What then is the reason for the campaign, if the voters and audience are not meant to understand all your campaign messages?

ilordspy pls answer this
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by lhordspy: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

We love him. And i can even bet half of you guys making noise in here dont even have PVC.

Same as you. Loud minority
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by ibkayee(f): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

We love him. And i can even bet half of you guys making noise in here dont even have PVC.

Same as you. Loud minority
Loud minority how?

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by sukkot: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

oh it wasnt a mishap. i already defined it in previous post wink
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Brushstrokes20: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
How do I unread this crap ...
The op's brain is on vacation undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette / Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Buhari In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.