Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48923 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

That isnt what he said. It is what gazettengr.com reported he said. As you can see i placed it in quote which means it is exactly as it is reported.

I appreciate&commend your polite response.
Sorry, bout that part. It's true you were quoting the news outlet.
Okay, you write what he said here naaa.

As in "write what he said word for word".
I have listened to it hundred times. I still cant comprehend
Even if it makes sense, for a president, his Demeanor and Self-expression isn't convincing.
It's toooo Raz, Local, Uninspiring. .
Pls can you personally interpret what he ACTUALLY said?

Thats the link attached here. It's just 20seonds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9QH3Dgi1fE

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
lansile:

Do you work as a teacher? because doing anything else is a waste of human resource. If you have no job currently please apply for teaching job and let me know which school Iight bring my kids there to learn from you. Be that as it may, I want to advise you to stop trying to make sense of things like this to Obidients, as of now, the only thing that is acceptable to them is either saying things that condemns Tinubu or things that elevate Obi, in fact no middle ground. If I were you, on election day, I will make sure they see senses in whatever Tinubu is saying now.

If what Tinubu said made sense, why is your man trying to explain it? Did he make sense with his explanation or he complicated things the more?

Even what you wrote, am trying hard to understand what you trying to say

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shantti(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
plaindealer:

...but must you always blame Tinubu for your own lack of knowledge.?

is this gas lighting or what
what is the meaning of this
so by default every nigerian should understand yoruba or what
what kind of gas lighting is this
what sort of reverse psychology is this
what sort of goal post shifting is this

i ask again, how do tinubu intend to communicate to non yorubas should he become president, does he expect everyone to understand yoruba lexicon, pls anwer me. let me agree that gazelle gagarara is actually yoruba, how is a non yoruba meant to understand this. pls answer me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Juanmike(m): 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.
Pls what about licking of Mic what does it mean?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Olaolex: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

I am not even sure you read what is up there.

Igara is cropped from gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (ga-ga-ra-ga).

It is all the same.
why will a sane human being read that nonsense you wrote up there? Do you think you are the only Yoruba on nairaland? Is it not thesame Yoruba I speak? What is wrong with you guys? Do you think you can deceive everyone? What's Gazelle gagaraga? You and I know that phrase doesn't have meaning. You need to be wise sir. This is 2023, your children are looking up to you. You can't continue like this.

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
sukkot:
but on a serious note a gazelle is known as a very swift animal and have bursts of speed as high as 100 km per hour. this can be termed as a gra gra personality and so a gazelle gragra is someone who is not known to calm down. someone with nervous energy. someone who is fidgety or aggressive. the pleasure was all mine me sista wink wink

Is gragra and gagaraga the same thing?

What has gazelle got to do with gragra?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Sheggy13(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.
But Tinubu was not addressing a Yoruba crowd. He was in Edo state. If it was in a South West rally he'd said this, your explanation would have been plausible. Heaven knows I have nothing against a Tinubu presidency but we should not try to rationalise/explain away obvious gaffes. Try explaining to us what "Bala blue, bulaba" that he also said means.

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Goddyj(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
I just hope that one day the OP will be able to explain to us the meaning of "babablu bulaba" grin
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by sukkot: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Is gragra and gagaraga the same thing?

when a tired person says gragra it sounds like garagara

a gazelle is the definition of gragra
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Georgejeez: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
I never actually believe some people are paid 30k to defend APC since 2015 until now , chai .

A condom could have prevented the existence of this useless OP .

Nonsense and bulaba

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by kenex4ever(m): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.
hahaha, trying to explain the unexplainable
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by uwuana: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

we don hear Tinubu spokeman,always trying to make sense out of nonsense,so what is the meaning of Bala blue, Hulaba,blulubla? Abi neva asked you to translate this one? Idiot,awon Werey, oloriburuku somebody.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by blowjohn(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
shantti:

no be mouth,he brought out his tongue and licked it, u can see it if you play the video in slow motion

I go watch am again
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
sukkot:

That's not what I asked you. Pls look at the spellings well.

Is gragra and GAGARAGA the same thing?

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by BRIMBRAM: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.

Last last Tinubu go still win by the Grace of God.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by kenex4ever(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Rayban25:

I asked you to interpret bulaba for us you ran away...what does bulaba mean now?

Bulaba means Buhari
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CheapHomes1: 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
sukkot:

a gazelle is the definition of gragra

How is gazelle a definition of gragra?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Blaze14k: 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Problem with Igbos. They hardly want to learn.

Please stay off my mention, nu!sance.

Who told hes an ipob member?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by shantti(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
Akmahoghany:

Ask Google if it sounds like a mistake

google sef confuse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Killermamba: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

It is concluded this nigga na big mumu
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

SHAMELESS URCHIN. NIGERIANS HAVE REJECTED YOU AND YOUR DEMENTED PAYMASTER. NEVER AGAIN.

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Panda7(m): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
between tinubu and gazettenr who is the gazelle yahoo boy?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.

YOU ARE A SHAMELESS IGNORANT BOY.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by stancydg: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
I'd have to be very harsh on the op because he is trying to be smart by zero. Se Iwo nikan ni Omo Yoruba ni? There's nothing like gagaraga in Yoruba. Gagara is what you have and that's not applicable in the context Tinubu spoke. Ori bobo Yi ti doti sha.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by daveP(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
You took time to decipher the gibberish. Pls its probably time to help us subtitle all chinese movies henceforth. Meanwhile, you can decipher speaking in tongues since you have so rare a gift of interpretation.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by TheEndless: 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
Damn! How can I unread this?? The dangerous stupidity is sickening! You and whoever moved this to front page should be lobotomized!!

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Blaze14k: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
softy:

Lagos: I am a son of the soil (Awori). My origin. My home.

Egba: I am son of the soil from Palace. Had my Education here from childhood too.

Which descent of Yoruba are you?

I will agree with you if you calm down and say it is a slang.

Gagaraga or garagaga does not exist in yoruba etymology or ever use in Yoruba folklore or in adjectival premonition of ideas in the word-joining in Yoruba parlance.

Yoruba words sound sweeter than what you are insinuating. Local tongue could result to your 'gagaraga'. No yoruba person will understand you at first instance of calling that word., bro.

Fact is different from insinuation.
--- my last discuss on this matter, bro.

That fellow actually think whoever criticize tinubu is an igbo person. With this experience he will realise its not only igbos dat criticize tinubu. I pray he also realize we all want the best for nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Olaolex: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
shantti:

is this gas lighting or what
what is the meaning of this
so by default every nigerian should understand yoruba or what
what kind of gas lighting is this
what sort of reverse psychology is this
what sort of goal post shifting is this

i ask again, how do tinubu intend to communicate to non yorubas should he become president, does he expect everyone to understand yoruba lexicon, pls anwer me. let me agree that gazelle gagarara is actually yoruba, how is a non yoruba meant to understand this. pls answer me
There is something I observe here and I see the need to make correction. Firstly, there is nothing like gazalle gagaraga in yoruba.
Secondly gazelle gagaraga is senseless and meaningless.
Thirdly, gazelle gagaraga is a language of the dead.
Fourthly, there nothing like letter 'Z' in Yoruba alphabet.
Fifthly, no yoruba word has double consonants as in the double L's in gazelle. Execpt 'GB' which is an alphabet on it on. Please be guilded. God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.

Oga what does bulaba mean
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Juanmike:
Pls what about licking of Mic what does it mean?
What kind of childish question are you asking.
The meaning is very very simple naaa.

You don't know TERRY G again?

Testing Microphone yehhhhh
Omo Testing Microphone yehhhhh!!

Oya Ihordspy come and tell this Gentleman yeah that Tinubu was doing Terry G, testing microphone yehhhhh grin

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

This nonsense actually got 92 likes!!

I'm sure LeoDeKing and are part of those who liked it
Zombies!!

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Danniedpastor(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Animals communicate and understand themselves. You don't expect humans with complex brain to understand the bleating of a goat.
So keep explaining the gagaraga and baba blue... The job suits you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Seeks Support For Buhari’s Wife / Remi Tinubu Was Not in Tinubus Meeting With CBN Governor & NNPC MD (Pics,video ) / President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.