Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48782 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by asanausana91: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Ok .

I just okayed you. Now please stay off my mention.
ok is not an answer. Crumb eater like you must tell us why Tinubu lick the mic instead of tapping it.
You should be shameless to tell us the name of Tinubu primary and secondary school.
Also you should tell us the meaning of bulaabu bulaba.
For wanting Tinubu as the president of this country, you are inviting a generational curses to your lineage.

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.
Chai.. your portfolio no just easy grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by rapheal5(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Man defending nonsense, there's nothing like Gagaraga in yoruba slang or language it's garagara...That old man speaks any rubbish that comes to his mind..make una just dey play, we re almost there...
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by vatiqan(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Absolutely brilliant. People Gazette is a trashy platform for fake news and bigots.

Since Kperogii disgraced himself the time he could not understand how brilliant Asiwaju is, he has since learnt to keep silent and think deeply to comprehend Asiwaju Tinubu.

PG will not last because nothing built on lies and falsehood can stand. The fake news business will end someday
Wasted vote!
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by DesChyko: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Me, a young man?

If you're not a young man and you're like this, hmmmm.

That is all I can say.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.
Is it even presidential/classy for Tinubu to be soo condensending to members of the society?
Hope you know what he did here was BODY SHAMING.
Which is very very wrong.
And u are proudly defending and interpreting it?

Does his wife not have skeletal structure?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by OriginalZombiE: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
jogojogo:
Reason I will never vote Peter Obi even if I feel he may be the best candidate though he is not, is the attitude of those who his supporters. They are full of hate and insult once you have a different opinion. Instead of them to attack and discuss the opinion expressed or give a superior arguement...all you see is insult from a poisoned and bothered heart. Haba!!!
Can we take things easy please....if you love Obi and you want him to win, you win more people by being friendly and not this hate fill approach. By this trend, Peter Obi will never be president even if the election is conducted 10 times. It's ok to insult Tinubu, Atiku or Obi but insulting someone on this platform for just posting an opinion is low and debased

Every side insult each other, unless you want to pretend or you've been living under a rock.

At the end of the day, you're voting an individual not his supporters.
Whoever you vote, you'll end up living with consequences for the next 4 - 8 years.

Use your brain.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CuteNbad(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.
yes not gagaraga
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Juanmike(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
nairamaniac:

What kind of childish question are you asking.
The meaning is very very simple naaa.

You don't know TERRY G again?

Testing Microphone yehhhhh
Omo Testing Microphone yehhhhh!!

Oya Ihordspy come and tell this Gentleman yeah that Tinubu was doing Terry G, testing microphone yehhhhh grin
I forgot he is city boy.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Sheuns(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It’s garagara not gagarara. Don’t twist Yoruba words.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Chiraq77(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
This guy Na imbecilee

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Justpd: 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

I promise you. You'll not die well

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by korede181: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thanksful:

I don't care what the nonsense is. I haven't made any comment about it except this. I only did because I saw a young man trying so hard to sound intelligent because he believes others are as daft as he is.
but you in specific are daft with ya comments.
you domvt want too accept the OP is rignt. GAZALLE garagara
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Integrity1992(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Baba gbenu soun grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin
lhordspy:

[color=#000099][/color]

Adulthood is tough, imagine having to do all these just to earn money for food. Must be tough mehn, you are really trying. Marketing Tinubu is like selling ice in winter, no one needs it
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Irupetepete: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.
the nonsense he is trying to explain sounds funny... The more he tries to explain it, the more it sounds stupid,

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by owobokiri(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

Boy Oh Boy!
This right here is unbelievable!
Gazelle gagaraga!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Father4all: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Shameless Tinubu fans trying to justify his incoherent speech

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by mikaael(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Wálahi this your stupid explanation just confirms that you were not born with sense
I'm ashamed in your behalf
See what babiala politics has turned you to
Ur children must be so ashamed of you
Free ursef from these chains bro and face ur future with dignity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Buksaylor: 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

Gazelle

Idiots ,you guys disgust me.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by jomarick(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

please come and explain to us the meaning of balablu
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by SaLongs1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin grin grin you are meant for authoritarian dictatorship settings and it is quite unfortunate that you turned up in this dispensation.
lhordspy:

Gazelle

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Irupetepete: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

omode yi, you are beginning to sound like a nuisance... Ibo lo ti ko yoruba tie? Gragra means igberaga
Garagara even if we are to find a meaning to it should be scattered or something like that.. Stop sounding stupid

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Osibajo2023: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

U get time, why explaining things to mad people, flat head, cursed Region, with their useless 5% votes
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by PointZerom: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

So you left every meaningful thing today that would have added value to your life to research nonsense?

HONESTLY....

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by jogsman01(m): 9:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Ti e ti taa paauuu. Gagaraga Kiri in Yoruba means what Try harder. I be Yoruba man. You can say 'oun shey radarada kiri'. Where you kon see gagaraga? O tin shiere grin

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by plantainbender(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
Imagine

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Babysho(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Baba werey! grin grin I said it that this Ihordspy guy is not Yoruba. Mentioning Fela and Brymo in the same breathe. Ogun pa e!

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Irupetepete: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin
toneroforever:

Sometimes I wonder if u r in a competition with ur fellow urchins to prove which one of u is the most stupid. Otherwise I see no reason for the nonsense u wrote up there.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by KosiGee(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gragra=gara gara=gagaraga or ragagaga or gagagara. Welldone you.

Have a bottle of your favourite. Don’t to distribute the rest to your friends. Pls don’t mix the drinks. Avoid the bottle on the right otherwise you’ll be murmuring cocoloca in your sleep.

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by TheRollingStone: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Op you deserve a high five for this..
On the face with a plank sad

Urchin level.. ultimate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Atiku's Supporter, Rhino Owhorkire, Shot In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Buhari Pictured Alighting From A Helicopter / Stuart Symington Rocking Ijaw Cultural Attire & Dance In Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.