Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48785 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Unclesamo(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.

Chaii.. Pele.

I pray it's above 50k/month this time.

I just hope they are paying you well for this.. I just hope so.

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Unclesamo(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2023
Georgejeez:
I never actually believe some people are paid 30k to defend APC since 2015 until now , chai .

A condom could have prevented the existence of this useless OP .

Nonsense and bulaba

They actually freelance it with other jobs. It's not a full-timr more reason they took it to pay few bills.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Until you leanr how to communicate politely, then we can talk.

Ogaaa (I was being sacastic) not insulting.

Okay, sorry, I have edited the word that seemed insulting

Pls reply
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Until you leanr how to communicate politely, then we can talk.

I have edited my initial post that seemed impolite.

Sorry.

Pls reply the current post.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 10:51am On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

oh my God.
Garagara is use as unstable.
Gagaraga is used as unstable but when reffering to someone's body. It means the person is having a skeleton-structure.

Like ... Ara e gagaraga yen. That is: " with that your slim body"

It is used as jab or insult. Please ask around.
But is this not Body shaming yahoo boys who can be respectfully rehabitated?

It's like a presidential candidate making a speech that *Vote for me all you ashawo ashawooo girls, I would make your lives better instead of shaking those your small small tiny smelling yanch from one brothel to another*.
Ishilove, is this not Body-shaming a sect of the society already?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by robinzaga(m): 10:58am On Jan 07, 2023
FuckOsuPigs:

Tell the riffraff who sired you to SHUT UP

Okay I have told him. I listened to you so please listen to me too nah abeg.

Please SHUT UP.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by nairamaniac: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2023
I want to believe that Tinubu personally called you to tell you exactly what he meant.

If he didn't call you personally, how were you able to know his exact intentions with the connotation/denotation?

That means everyone on this thread who fired you with other mumbojumbos Tinubu misyarned at other instances were RIGHT TO HAVE ASKED YOU TO INTERPRET THOSE OTHER MUMBOJUMBOS.

For you to be so intelligent enough to interprete what he meant here, you should also be able to interprete the following below, since it's obvious yourself and Tinubu are in a HIGHER REALM than everyone of us here on Nairaland.

Why didn't you explain to us why Tinubu was licking a microphone? Is that part of Yoruba culture too?

Try and explain the meaning of the following

-"God bless PDAPC."

-"Four hundred bags barrels of oil"

-"Go and collect your APV, APC & vote."

-"A townhall meeting is different from Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

-"A dead fish cannot be sweet in any soup."

-"Broom! broom!! broom!!! brooooommm."

-"BUHARRI BUHARRI...Say it again BUHARRI"

-"A father of a child is mother of the father whose child is the father."

-"Turning the rotten situation of the state to a bad one."

-"The deputy senate president...will be the governor of Niger Delta state.”

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Robenna(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nobody de drag be with you
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by IamAsiri: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

You are not a lagosian. Please shift.

I am not o. So, I can never murder Yoruba language wink.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Buksaylor: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

This is a curse... A whole group people would virtually be cheering on someone that is physically,mentally and psychologically unbalanced /challenged as a result of old age for president of the most populous country in Africa..

.Wonders will never end.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by franudi: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.
Nonsense talk.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by DOD88: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Massiveglory:
Urchin also kindly explain the beheading and stealing of a whole human being by emilokan.

98.9% of tinubu is dubious, robbery ,fake and contentious.
Is this who you want as president?
Think, urchin, think.

Yes o, we want him as our president. He shall be by God's grace.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by DOD88: 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
ucheheart:
This your damage control no go work. Any how you like twist it, it still remains jargon. It is very unfortunate that your likes are selling a demented octogenarian to Nigerians to elect him as president with the sole aim of fulfilling your selfish, ethnic and religious ambitions.

Be prepared for grave disappointment.
You're talking balderdash all because of your hatred for the chosen. Go and bury your hate. Asiwaju is our in coming president. Period.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by glacswhite: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
Average Igbo guy knows what is Garagara or Gragra ... "Its trying to show yourself by Claiming hard man"

There is no Level..Urchins can't go to defend BAT Blunders n Public Disgrace..
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by leye4u: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. Who are you voting?

It would definitely be Peter Obi nah... it's very funny how educated people are rebranding the old man,a man with several health issues,...do you know what it takes to revamp the economy of a nation ..it would take serious work and high level negotiations around the world and this baba doesn't have that kind of capacity at the moment.

But instead of looking for able hands ,all of a sudden bula balu , gazelle garaga and all forms of gibberish suddenly have meanings .....very sad

E se aye re ooo....Eni aye bakan ko se aye re oooo
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by tk4radi: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2023
So,, Gagaraga meant something in “Yoruba” language,, sheeeyy??

Hmmmm..
And the place where Tinubu said the gagaraga is a Yoruba territory naa,, abbii.??

Na waa for you oo.
Edo people do not even speak nor understand Yoruba, not even any single bit of it.

So, why would a brainless someone go to Edo State and be speaking Yoruba?
Not even a straight-forward Yoruba for that matter, but a disjointed and distorted Yoruba that needed a thesis-writer to break down and analyse in order to interpret.

He doesn't even know his audience any longer?

I am made to really believe that the man is totally and absolutely not in connection with the true realities around him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by JoeNL22(m): 1:18am On Jan 08, 2023
Rubbish

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Jaggarmoney: 6:04am On Jan 08, 2023
For your mind you don type plenty thing here �� continue defending rubbish abi you forget say when you vote the wrong person just add 8 years join your age ask yourself where would you be then … and what would happen to you.. continue selling expired milk for yourself alone no they sale waiting don expired or defend gra gra give us all in the name of someone speaking in tongue’s ��� blu blu bula no be me they will disgrace for international level or conference any presidential candidate will attend in future after become president �� be warn the kind of choice you’re selling to Nigerians.. if them pay you to write this rubbish just enjoy your money in peace because nah your right and your stolen wealth �
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Jacobx007: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2023
Why did I even read this nonsense
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Acidosis(m): 9:22am On Jan 08, 2023
tk4radi:
So,, Gagaraga meant something in “Yoruba” language,, sheeeyy??

The funny thing is that Tinubu never mentioned this Gagaraga thing. Baba just muttered some incomprehensible stuff. The whole gagaraga thing came from a media organisation.

You need to watch the video. What he said is totally and completely different/incomprehensible.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by tk4radi: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Acidosis:

The funny thing is that Tinubu never mentioned this Gagaraga thing. Baba just muttered some incomprehensible stuff. The whole gagaraga thing came from a media organisation.

You need to watch the video. What he said is totally and completely different/incomprehensible.
That means..

The Nairaland Urchin that wrote a long thesis about gagaraga was just writing nonsense altogether??
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Thanksful:

I don't care what the nonsense is. I haven't made any comment about it except this. I only did because I saw a young man trying so hard to sound intelligent because he believes others are as daft as he is.

742 majority for red dust planet.

Not ready to learn

Very unstable

Very unsettling

Yet the coming in In droves by night bus

E wo ke e wo eye ... Awon were
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Were but you heard gazelle but you Brain skipped the gagaraga. Don't be a dumbo
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Lordbricks(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
People are laughing at your foolishness, yet you keep doubling down on it. You are like a naked mad man dancing in the village square.

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.[/quote]
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by sorsor(m): 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
I just hope they are paying you well because it's really not easy defending Emi lokan...

Happy New year
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Kfed4ril(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
Superwave16320:
Even me Tinubu supporter to my death isn't buying this, nonetheless na still Tinubu me n my entire household go vote.

Whether gagaraga or Gau na Bola Ahmed Tinubu all the way. Every Igbo n PDP supporters can rot in hell over my choice.

You and brymo, anything no matter how sick or dying should be president then a healthy Igbo man. No wahala na all of us go suffer am.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Shalashaska: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
jmoore:
Why didn't you explain to us why Tinubu was licking a microphone? Is that part of Yoruba culture too?

Try and explain the meaning of the following

-"God bless PDAPC."

-"Four hundred bags barrels of oil"

-"Go and collect your APV, APC & vote."

-"A townhall meeting is different from Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

-"A dead fish cannot be sweet in any soup."

-"Broom! broom!! broom!!! brooooommm."

-"BUHARRI BUHARRI...Say it again BUHARRI"

-"A father of a child is mother of the father whose child is the father."

-"Turning the rotten situation of the state to a bad one."

-"The deputy senate president...will be the governor of Niger Delta state.”

Lol. This is worse than I thought o. He's senile

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Superwave16320: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
We never suffer under Tinubu in Lagos na your Igbo papa n mama Ekedilichukwu GIG Ifesinachi CHISCO Peace GUO Cross Country Agufor Onigho City ride Focus ride etc de load as refugee from Anamabra to escape the wretchedness pervading the land as Peter Obi can not transform your state after 8 years of endemic looting.

So you see u beta make the right choice m save your children from 2 but 2 economics.

Kfed4ril:

You and brymo, anything no matter how sick or dying should be president then a healthy Igbo man. No wahala na all of us go suffer am.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Kfed4ril(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
Superwave16320:
We never suffer under Tinubu in Lagos na your Igbo papa n mama Ekedilichukwu GIG Ifesinachi CHISCO Peace GUO Cross Country Agufor Onigho City ride Focus ride etc de load as refugee from Anamabra to escape the wretchedness pervading the land as Peter Obi can not transform your state after 8 years of endemic looting.

So you see u beta make the right choice m save your children from 2 but 2 economics.

You father is a bastard na why him born pikin Wey no get sense.
Igbos have been living in Lagos before tinubu ever thought of becoming governor, Lagos was far developed before tinubu became governor, Lagos was the former capital for over 50 years and still the economic capital, did tinubu make it so?.
Everything Una go steal
Una steal Donald Duke childhood pic
Steal Ebuka pic
Steal Lagos development Wey don dey before him become governor.
But una no wan free steal buhari achievement

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Superwave16320: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
Foolish Igbo acting overwise.
So Anambra was Sahara desert before Peter Obi descended on it a failed governor

Why can't all those their image are stolen go to court or you fools think we forgot how Ipob cook up propaganda to fool your Igbo fathers.

You fools edit Tinubu photo with who u like print fake posters in apc name then come on SM n claim Tinubu stole it.

So for your foolish miserable wretched soul Tinubu no see any Yoruba steal him photo na Ebuke n Duke fine pass for this world. Some of u foolish Igbo foolish no be small.

Kfed4ril:

You father is a bastard na why him born pikin Wey no get sense.
Igbos have been living in Lagos before tinubu ever thought of becoming governor, Lagos was far developed before tinubu became governor, Lagos was the former capital for over 50 years and still the economic capital, did tinubu make it so?.
Everything Una go steal
Una steal Donald Duke childhood pic
Steal Ebuka pic
Steal Lagos development Wey don dey before him become governor.
But una no wan free steal buhari achievement
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by SaiOba: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
internetpo
Na hia the explainer spy do him thing like 'ring ring' grin
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Iyabo Obasanjo Walking With Daugther Of Fmr American President,jimmy Carter.pics / Buhari Pictured Alighting From A Helicopter / Hushpuppi: We've Been Contacted By FBI To Arrest Kyari, Says EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.