Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) (48771 Views)

Ihordspy Definition Of Tinubu's "Gazelle Gagaraga" Was Wrong. / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Has Lost It - Sowore / “Gazelle Gagaraga”: Tinubu Suffers Gaffe Talking About Yahoo Boys In Edo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by 5starMan: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

Dont criticise what you have zero idea about. Gazelle gagaraga is very correct.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

It means walking around with skeleton-like body without shame.
Behold his fellow idiot

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by ZombieSlayer1: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

I am not even sure you read what is up there.

Igara is cropped from gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (ga-ga-ra-ga).

It is all the same.
hahahahah...guy aswear this your work hard...defending the indefensible

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Asswipemod: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

The meaning of gazelle gagaraga
There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.
These words are local street words or slangs.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.

You are wrong. Gazelle garaga is a code name used by Tinubu and his drug cartel associates during his hay days as a Baron designated to couriers and coyotes. He just forgot himself when he used that term. It was a mistake. His bad. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CLRF: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Dont be stupid. I am trying to cure you of your ignorance. To pull you out of the sea of stupidity.

It exists. Same as gagaraga. I am a Yoruba. I grew up in Lag. Even if i spent most of life as a northerner. Gaga( in high tone) then raga (in low tone)

O nse gagaraga kiri... This means he is behaving unstable. Not really insane. But not quite settled .

If you say: " O nse Ara gaga-raga kiri. It is used to insult or throw jab at a slim person of skeleton structure walking around without clothe.

Gazelle gagaraga is not very correct.
Even from the picture of the Gazelle you posted, one would know that what Tinubu is trying to say is Gazelle oniwo gagaraga.

The problem with this is having a president who is not mentally audible. His subordinates will do whatever they want and claim to hear something different from his instruction.

May God continues to expose bad leaders planning to enslaved us in this country

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Gazettengr.com was where the news of supposedly Tinubu's gaffee emanatted from before been spread like wildfire by people who only takes pleasure in making mockery of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to their report, it reads "Yahoo boys’ in local parlance means internet fraudsters but The Gazette could not immediately find the meaning of the terminology gazelle gagaraga, despite searches in major dictionaries and thesaurus."

The news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7511552/gazelle-gagaraga-tinubu-suffers-gaffe

But what Gazettengr failed to understand is that there is no stated rules or law that you must communicate with words from 'major dictionaries or thesaurus' in political rallies.

There is what we call gara gara in yoruba. It means unstable or unsettled. Same as the pidgin slang 'gragra' .

We also have the word gagara (ga-ga-ra) or gagaraga (gaga-raga) used by Tinubu which means boastful, pompous, inflated, proud, made, self-important, domineering, pendantic, or magniloquence.

The south-westerners can relate; the yorubas to be specific. There is a street word: Igara (I-gara) which is derive from or shortform of gagara or gagaraga it also means boastful, inflated, proud etc. (as aforementioned)

We normally use it like 'Igara chicken': Which translate to boastful empty chicken which is only covered by plenty feathers.

Or 'Igara iceblock' which means boastful or proud iceblock which will only end up as water.

Gazelle
A gazelle is one of many antelope species in the genus Gazella. With a horn, Gazelles are known as swift animals.

when we use the word gazelle to refer to person or group of people. It means Proud person, something that dont stay one place easily, something that changes location swiftly. Reason why when we say someone is growing gazelle horn ' it means the person is becoming proud"

So Tinubu saying he is going to “turn so called yahoo yahoo boys into in manufacturing and creation of than being gazelle gagaraga.”

Means he is going to change them from a boastful proud unsettled yahoo-yahoo boys to a product manufacturer and an intelligent creator.

Living and learning, dont be always quick to criticise or make fun of what you dont know.
Tinubu never even said gazelle garagara or whatever rubbish you are trying to explain.

You just exposed your idiocy by not even listening to the gaffe with your own ears before coming online to explain rubbish.

And even if your explanation meant anything, it has no correlation with what the Brain dead microphone licking urinating machine was talking about as regards creating jobs for yahoo boys.

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
jogojogo:
Your parents are very stupid hyperstupid and silly for allowing an imbecilic maggot like you clothed in human form to stay alive. You worth less than a sick and dying millipede
You are a complete nuisance.
The words "olosho and oniranu" are more dignified than your low life
This applies to every maggot that liked your nuseating comment

Theres a special room for your tears...bastard son of a surrogate mother

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by julaion: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy is the most foolish nairalander I have ever seen

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by KalakutaRepub: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
Asswipemod:

You are wrong. Gazelle garaga is a code name used by Tinubu and his drug cartel associates during his hay days as a Baron designated to couriers and coyotes. He just forgot himself when he used that term. It was a mistake. His bad. grin cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by CaptainFM1: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.

See as he took time to defend his paymaster's gaffe!

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

That isnt what he said. It is what gazettengr.com reported he said. As you can see i placed it in quote which means it is exactly as it is reported.

If you were not a foolish supporter, then your counter should have been based on what was actually said after making your own research, not to come online and and be spewing thrash. Aturu.

I thank the Mod that pushed your idiocy to FP. He has helped in exposing your foolishness to the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Patokens: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
SEE FINISHING.

jmoore:
Why didn't you explain to us why Tinubu was licking a microphone? Is that part of Yoruba culture too?

Try and explain the meaning of the following

-"God bless PDAPC."

-"Four hundred bags barrels of oil"

-"Go and collect your APV, APC & vote."

-"A townhall meeting is different from Babablu Bluublu bulabu.

-"A dead fish cannot be sweet in any soup."

-"Broom! broom!! broom!!! brooooommm."

-"BUHARRI BUHARRI...Say it again BUHARRI"

-"A father of a child is mother of the father whose child is the father."

-"Turning the rotten situation of the state to a bad one."

-"The deputy senate president...will be the governor of Niger Delta state.”

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Empty inconsequential vessels makes the loudest noise. Less than 45 days to go .

Una go calm
Onikure!
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by KalakutaRepub: 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Please react to the main thread and stop digressing. We are talking about the accussation of gaffe on tinubu. Leave his identity theft alone.

Stop trying to dodge.
I strongly believe you're a spy to demarket Tinubu. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
FEMoxylian:

Obedients are mostly igbo traders with no formal education with some blind/illiterate bloggers from Edo state and some people under serious poverty thinking the high cost of living is only peculiar to Nigeria. They don't have the intelligence to compare Nigeria with other countries.
An idiot has dropped a quote.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Memphitz357: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

You're on your way to becoming the latest Nairaland's resident ediot after Mannabbqgrillz.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Nijablast: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
Obi supporters are lazy and illiterates. We understand their frustrations but some of them are finding life difficult here and they assume it's because of the government of the day, forgetting that success is personal, it's not in any institution.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Donian007: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
Shut it my friend. You sound super pathetic. Gosh.
lhordspy:

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Dchair2: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thanksful:

I don't care what the nonsense is. I haven't made any comment about it except this. I only did because I saw a young man trying so hard to sound intelligent because he believes others are as daft as he is.

He hasn't finished, he would still need to educate his audience on bulaba Bluh Bluh etc

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Slimwhyt(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
alsudan:
I no envy you, this your job no easy.

No be small grin

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by ERlS(f): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
All BATists should undergo psychological evaluations because this thing is not ordinary grin

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Whoknow: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
God forbide if Tinubu become the president of this country he will create many ministries the most important of them will be the ministry of interpreters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Ajibade123(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

Omo it is not easy
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Kulgid(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Tinubu mess, you dey here dey give ursef headache. You dey try turn bad odour to air freshner. Issorite, All the best o

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Ajibade123(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

So this same Yoruba everyone of us speak is deep like this
Omo you will be fine o

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Emola12(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

you are out of your sense,, u need malaria surgery dey say ur grandpa speak in tongue again you still dey here dey talk trash okay what of balablu bulubala Bulaba E be like say dah small drug wey Tinubu give you last year still dey shark you abi? I pity ur generation, just dey play
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by LZAA: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2023
Smh grin grin
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by byteem: 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Gazelle

See joker
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Ajibade123(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

In yoruba. Gragra is refer to as gara gara . Ask around.
As an indigenous Yoruba boy I have never heard anyone used that word in lieu of gra gra
Not even old people
Only God knows where you and BAT is getting this vocabularies from

4 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by Whoknow: 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nijablast:
Obi supporters are lazy and illiterates. We understand their frustrations but some of them are finding life difficult here and they assume it's because of the government of the day, forgetting that success is personal, it's not in any institution.
Shame on you, whose respondsibity to create enabling environment for hard work to trive?
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
lhordspy:

I just straightened something for you. And you stilo echoing the statement that he made error. If you dont understand yoruba doesnt mean somebody speaking in yoruba is talking nonsense.

You and I know say na dimentia, I can bet my last kobo, I had an uncle who had it, late now, it’s normal, he has toiled and it’s telling on him, he gave it all in life, he fought on all front, he is dogged, but the Tinubu of yesteryears is no more, age is telling couple with stress.
Re: The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) by LZAA: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ajibade123:

As an indigenous Yoruba boy I have never heard anyone used that word in lieu of gra gra
Not even old people
Only God knows where you and BAT is getting this vocabularies from
Please allow him get his 30k
The land is rough grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / Peter Obi 1-Million-Man Rally In Aba, Abia State (Pictures) / A White Lady On Tiktok Looking For A Townhall Different From Balablu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.