Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia (39342 Views)

900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / January 7th: Christians in Ethiopia Celebrate Christmas Today (Photos) / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by yesloaded: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2023
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by nizetee: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
Seems Jesus was born on many days!

Bahhhhd guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Stanweezy(m): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2023
During that corona virus period, what name did they tag the virus bkus they can't suffer convid 19 when they are years behind 2019
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Isabi4lov: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2023
Merry Christmas to them .

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2023
I love this country

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by rayvelez(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Mumu if someone said something nasty on ur paedophile Mohammed now y’all go deh wailed....

3 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by chinemezeq: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Jesus was not born on any of those days! Quit forcing lies on me!
then, when was he born

1 Like 1 Share

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by SlurUsername1: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2023
What I don't understand is why Ethiopia with all the hot bannies seems detached from the rest of Africa. Is it language barrier or something else? I'll need to go check out Addis Ababa someday

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by baralatie(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2023
Beautiful people

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by JoeNL22(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2023
Nursepepeye:
because I saw Lara Oshomole in that picture, she ran back to Ethiopia leaving Adams to gym alone
Really.... cheesy
Make oshomole follow him property........ cheesy
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 9:04am On Jan 08, 2023
They never been colonized and most of there way of live is not under western neo colonialisim like other parts of africa
Yamiriflathead:
What I don't understand is why Ethiopia with all the hot bannies seems detached from the rest of Africa. Is it language barrier or something else? I'll need to go check out Addis Ababa someday
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 9:04am On Jan 08, 2023
i am trying to visit addis how is it for nigerians americans. i heard they ban visa on arrival for nigerisans cheesy
CrownLands:
January 7th, 2023 is being celebrated as Christmas Day in Ethiopia and by the Orthodox Churches.

#MerryChristmas It's no news that Ethiopia has a different Calendar from the rest of the world.

So Today we wish Ethiopians a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year.

NB: #Ethiopia is still in the year 2015
Note Also That: The Orthodox Church continue to use the Julian Calendar.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Lolachef(f): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2023
Do they even know when Jesus was born?
AntiChristian:

4 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by frowland(m): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:
The day, period and time is the same only the calendars differ, Gregorian and Julian. Should I enlighten you more?

Something cannot be same day and different calender: It does not make sense.
If I was born during the spring, and a random calender somewhere push my date to August, how does that make sense?
No one really knows the exact day he was born. 25th for example was just accepted by some sect to commemorate the birth of Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:
The day, period and time is the same only the calendars differ, Gregorian and Julian. Should I enlighten you more?

I need you to enlighten me sir, I’m lost here sir
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Mccullum: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2023
See Christianity that still sustaining the mode of dressing of Mary, the mother of Jesus. This is the dressing some christians in Nigeria classified as weird or ancient, or uncivilized.

The world does not change, ways of worshipping God doesn't no change, it's human being that's changing under the disguise of new innovation, which only okay for technology, not for what God warn us not to do.

Don't be deceived by the West, it's only Islamic religion insisted not to be influenced with new innovation that goes against their faith championing by the West while few countries like Russia, Romania, Ethiopia and some others resisted to dilute Christianity via deceit of the West.

8 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2023
I thought the wearing of the hijab is bad, uncivilized and unchristian.
Why are ethiopian Christian women putting on the hijab? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Someone should come and tell us what is happening here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Lovenorth: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2023
Jesus is not even aware of Christmas, he didn't command anyone to do it, so everyone is celebrating it at whatever time they so wish

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Austileo: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2023
The birth is the day you choose to celebrate physically,because both his birth and death is spiritually designed, "according to the scripture". Even is words are not physical,as you may think.THE BIRTH OF CHRIST IS THE DAY YOU ARE GIVEN THE NAME OF GOD AND HIS SON.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Herbiodun09: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2023
Merry Christmas to Ethiopian and Orthodox christians
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by 1Dray(m): 9:10am On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
the same day different calenders

But Jesus wasn't really born on 25th of December.

2 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nicepoker(m): 9:10am On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:

So Jesus was born on dec 25th. Lol.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 9:11am On Jan 08, 2023
it not a hijab
NOETHNICITY:
I thought the wearing of the hijab is bad, why are their Christian women putting on the hijab?

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2023
SHINJA:

This head slamming mohammadian terrorist again..

Those stupid mods will not ban him now..
If it were a Christian making comments on a Muslim topic ..dem for rush ban u
That's why this nairaland looks like a child's playground. Is it that anybody is free to say nonsense abt christians nd christianity but when it comes to Islam they do everything to protect them frm criticism?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2023
osazuwa23:
it not a hijab
So it is what??
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 9:12am On Jan 08, 2023
ethiopia was not colonized that why there culture is in tact
Mccullum:
See Christianity that still sustaining the mode of dressing of Mary, the mother of Jesus. This is the dressing some christians in Nigeria classified as weird or ancient, or uncivilized.

The world does not change, ways of worshipping God doesn't no change, it's human being that's changing under the disguise of new innovation, which only okay for technology, not for what God warn us not to do.

Don't be deceived by the West, it's only Islamic religion insisted to be influenced with new innovation that goes against their faith championing by the West while few countries like Russia, Romania, Ethiopia and some others resisted to dilute Christianity via deceit of the West.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Sleekfingers: 9:14am On Jan 08, 2023
SHINJA:

This head slamming mohammadian terrorist again..

Those stupid mods will not ban him now..
If it were a Christian making comments on a Muslim topic ..dem for rush ban u

Naso one useless moderator banned me for making comments on Muslim topic....the ban will expire in 2032 , can you imagine?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2023
it called Netela (Amharic: ነጠላ) is handmade scarf-like two-layered cloth made of cotton worn by Ethiopian and Eritrean women. The netela is a well known and commonly worn garment in both countries. The male equivalent is known as the kuta.[1] It is very thin and delicate, with the texture of gauze. The netela has only two layers and is quite large, measuring about 63 x 102 inches.[1] It is white with colorful intricately woven borders called ṭibébé (ጢቤቤ). The tibebe is between 1 and 2 inches at each end, with two variations: one composed of only one color, and the other of multiple colors and patterns.

The netela can be worn in different ways. For general wear, When going to church, the two layers of the netela are opened, and the border is folded over both shoulders instead of just the right shoulder. The netela covers the back and shoulders. When the border is worn around the face or shoulders, it is a sign of mourning, but in moments of leisure the border goes over the left shoulder.[1] hijab is worn for modesty and cover up and oppression toward women rights
NOETHNICITY:
So it is what??
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by RightChannel: 9:16am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

It's simple! December 25 is not written in the Bible. How was it derived?

How did you expect December 25 to be written in Bible when Gregorian calendar was not in used when he was born. Read the short note I sent to you don't be reluctant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gospel On Wheels: Beautiful Keke Napep Used For Preaching / Pope Francis Meets With Nigerian Prostitutes Rescued In Italy / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.