Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia (39356 Views)

900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / January 7th: Christians in Ethiopia Celebrate Christmas Today (Photos) / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Greenlandncom(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2023
frowland:

Something cannot be same day and different calender: It does not make sense.
If I was born during the spring, and a random calender somewhere push my date to August, how does that make sense?
No one really knows the exact day he was born. 25th for example was just accepted by some sect to commemorate the birth of Jesus.

Christmas is 25th December for both the East and the West.

The difference in year and days is as a result of the Gregorian Calendar that was issued in the 16th century.

From Geography, we know that a day, comprising 24hrs is as a result of Earth rotation round the Sun and a year of 365 days is as a result of Earth revolution around the Sun.

Astrologers and Scientists discovered that it takes 23hrs, 56 minutes and 4 seconds for the Earth to rotate round the Sun and 365 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes and 16 seconds for the Earth to revolve round Sun.

When you add those 5 hours, 59 minutes and 16 seconds produce an extra day once every 4 years, resulting in leap year (366 days) once every 4 years

But those discrepancies were not accounted for in the Julian Calendar that is how it is possible to still celebrate Christmas December 25th but in different year.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by malvisguy212: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2023
Lolachef:
Do they even know when Jesus was born?
because He is Lord. His origin is unknown. compare to other prophets
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by newdawn2017(f): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2023
jeromestarks:
Ethiopians calendar may be behind but they're not not economically behind.

If you want to be behind in your home, in your work, in your finances and in your happiness, marry a woman you did not disvirgin.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman and marry. Only her deserves your love and devotion.
same goes for d makes to remain virgins till marriage. I for one will never fuch a none virgin male casually sef, not to talk of marry. undecided
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by lereinter(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2023
The focus is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ the saviour

Celebrate it daily if you can
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by easiest(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2023
Confused set of people aha �
AntiChristian:
Seems Jesus was born on many days!

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by sonssyo: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Jesus was not born on any of those days! Quit forcing lies on me!

Very true,my Jesus was not born on that day however christians kept the day aside for the celebration of his birth

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by mvem(m): 11:24am On Jan 08, 2023
juman:
From the picture above their dressing look more like muslims.
they have one of the oldest Christians in the world and speak something close to the Semitic languages of those days...they speak Amharic which is not far from Aramaic and Hebrew

2 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by tamdun: 11:26am On Jan 08, 2023
saintkel:
Oga just shut up
The question is to difficult for u to answer ?

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Sweetvie: 11:27am On Jan 08, 2023
Hmm cool
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by merits(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
Seems Jesus was born on many days!

I wonder oo,the thing tired me seff.

2 Likes

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Encyclopedia1: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
the same day different calenders
See where this one turn am. �. Una no get anything unifying. All na based on ur thinking.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by braunny(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2023
jeromestarks:

If you want to be behind in your home, in your work, in your finances and in your happiness, marry a woman you did not disvirgin.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman and marry. Only her deserves your love and devotion.
woman Don do my nigga strong � thing angry angry sad shocked shocked cool cool shocked angry grin wink wink
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yours too shows your brain don jonz

Go through the spelling of my name before u spill emptiness. Check each letter one after the other like the way they showed u how to read ABC.....Have u done that
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Satanic verses

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

But Jesus said:
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. Mat 5:17

So how did Jesus fulfil the verse above?
But that is not why "prophet" muhammed hallucinates right? Anyway Genesis 2:17 says "the day you eat of the fruit you shall die", that is Gods judgement, not humans who are also sinners stoning themselves to death. Hypocrisy is not right.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Greenlandncom:

All those dressings are not Islamic's but cultural dressings for people from that region.
How did that dress code get to be their cultural dressing?
They are obviously in church worshipping fully covered like Mary the mother of Jesus…
They way your women dress almost naked to church in Nigeria is that your own cultural dressing?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by JJuanMiguel: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Small thing you don dey display violence.
Save your energy for when you need to defend ala the small god in saudi.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by InvertedHammer: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:
The day, period and time is the same only the calendars differ, Gregorian and Julian. Should I enlighten you more?

/

Enlighten us on how Jesus was born on December 25th. Don't just vomit what was fed you.

/
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Princeton92(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:
The day, period and time is the same only the calendars differ, Gregorian and Julian. Should I enlighten you more?

Please do I'm still learning here grin
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by ZooOga: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
Abeg, Which day does Pastor Reno observe, the 25th or the 7th since he has a new wife from there? wink
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Father4all: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
Not only Ethiopia. Even in Ukraine and Russia
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by CrownLands(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
phemmyfour:
Yeye Country

Hehehehe!
Yet, they have one of the most beautiful women
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by CrownLands(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lanre1st:

Adoption of Christianity by white for colonisation purposes led to bible alterations (editions) which result in confusion within the Christian faith

I tend to agree with you
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by CrownLands(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
SodiumValproate:

They keep loosing 11 minutes every year.

That's right! And, they feel they are on the right track of time.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Tywo2018: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2023
;Dyes
meobizy:
Merry Christmas to them. This is what I enjoy about life, diversity. Give a message to five thousand humans and they will translate it into five hundred thousand meanings.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by damoobaba: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2023
jeromestarks:

You must have seen a lot with cheating ladies or wife. God will help you if you let him.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by jaxxy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Some of our grand parents don't know when they were born. it's not a big deal and if u narrow it down to a date what the issue with that?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobodysboo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Now who dey confuse who?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Ubenedictus(m): 1:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
If you don't understand me kindly do your on research, search the julian calender, the coptic calender and the gregorian calender.

these things are not hard to find, please make your own research and crosscheck before you go on the attack.
Encyclopedia1:

See where this one turn am. �. Una no get anything unifying. All na based on ur thinking.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
1Dray:

But Jesus wasn't really born on 25th of December.
https://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Ubenedictus(m): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

nobody forced anything on you, if you dont want to read a comment just scoll past
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ethiopian ladies ans stunning beautiful with big curved bumbum but they don't see themselves as Africans .. they don't like to date black Africans, and if she agrees, straight to marriage they don't date, they will tell , u come and pay my brideprice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2013 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.