Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,892 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia (39388 Views)

900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / January 7th: Christians in Ethiopia Celebrate Christmas Today (Photos) / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by CrownLands(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2023
juman:
From the picture above their dressing look more like muslims.

It's their traditional wear
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
heykims:
February is China's new year too.
They frustrated me 2 years hack. I bought something on Aliexpress not knowing they would be on break for new year in February. It took them weeks before they eventually shipped my precious product, something that shouldn't ordinarily take more than 48hrs.
Beware of February on aliexpress o, guys..

Same date with Vietnam, although it's called TET in Vietnam

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by heykims(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
mindful01:

Hello boss, do you have contact of aliexpress in Nigeria, I track my products and said it’s in their office in Nigeria nd I’m yet to receive it, going to a month now.
I think Speedaf courier delivers for them in Nigeria. Try contact them on your city or go inquire at the nearest post office to u.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Osashalom: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Is he your Jesus?
quote author=AntiChristian post=119810850]Seems Jesus was born on many days!

[/quote]
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by CartelKenneth: 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
Weird country
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by 1Dray(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
https://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december

I didn't ask for any link. I'm a Christian, I believe in Christ. But 25th of December was not the day Christ was born. He wasn't even born in December? Tell me how shepherds will be tending to their flock on a cold winter night? You and I know it's not possible.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by ebukason3(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
RightChannel:

Repeating same question you asked on Oct 16, 2021

https://www.nairaland.com/6803261/what-actual-date-prophet-muhammads#106780387

The Bible offers few clues on the birth of Jesus Christ. Celebrations of Jesus’ Nativity are not mentioned in the Gospels or Acts; the date is not given, not even the time of year. The Biblical reference to shepherds tending their flocks at night when they hear the news of Jesus’ birth ( Luke 2 : 8 ) might suggest the spring lambing season; in the cold month of December, on the other hand, sheep might well have been pen.

This stands in sharp contrast to the very early traditions surrounding Jesus’ last days. Each of the Four Gospels provides detailed information about the time of Jesus’ death. According to John, Jesus is crucified just as the Passover lambs are being sacrificed. This would have occurred on the 14th of the Hebrew month of Nisan, just before the Jewish holiday began at sundown (considered the beginning of the 15th day because in the Hebrew calendar, days begin at sundown). In Matthew, Mark and Luke, however, the Last Supper is held after sundown, on the beginning of the 15th. Jesus is crucified the next morning—still, the 15th.

There is another way to account for the origins of Christmas on December 25: Strange as it may seem, the key to dating Jesus’ birth may lie in the dating of Jesus’ death at Passover.

Around 200 C.E. Tertullian of Carthage reported the calculation that the 14th of Nisan (the day of the crucifixion according to the Gospel of John) in the year Jesus died was equivalent to March 25 in the Roman (solar) calendar.9 March 25 is, of course, nine months before December 25; it was later recognized as the Feast of the Annunciation—the commemoration of Jesus’ conception. Thus, Jesus was believed to have been conceived and crucified on the same day of the year. Exactly nine months later, Jesus was born, on December 25.

This is how New year arose;

since you agreed with me that your prophet Muhammad was not circumcised no how you will know that a Circumcision is after EIGHT DAYS.. From December 25th to January 1st is how many days??

Luke 2:21

And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Truvelisback(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ethopians are in 2015? I don't understand.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by alabo1: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
the same day different calenders

He was never born. The earlier you research and realize it was all a myth the better for you. However believe what you want its your choice.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by RightChannel: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
Princeton92:

Please do I'm still learning here grin

Read my previous posts
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by RightChannel: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Enlighten us on how Jesus was born on December 25th. Don't just vomit what was fed you.

/

I've done that even before now, scroll up read where I sent short note to people that asked for enlightenment
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Ted4real: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Nawaoo for Ethiopian Orthodox Calendar ?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by robosky02(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ethiopia is just an amazing country.... Never colonize

I wish all Africans were like them just. Amazing.

I have a beautiful friend ednited from Ethiopia

Check my post about Ethiopia

https://www.nairaland.com/6337686/ethiopia-country-follows-13-month-calendar
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by robosky02(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Truvelisback:
Ethopians are in 2015? I don't understand.

Their calendar have 13 months as against what we have as 12 month

Check my post

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
jeromestarks:
Ethiopians calendar may be behind but they're not not economically behind.

If you want to be behind in your home, in your work, in your finances and in your happiness, marry a woman you did not disvirgin.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman and marry. Only her deserves your love and devotion.

What sort of addiction is this?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Chiemeka1: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
Intriguing! So If I think celebrating Xmas in Nigeria is not enough for me I can Jejely be in Ethiopia on 7th to be contented.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Truvelisback(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2023
robosky02:

Their calendar have 13 months as against what we have as 12 month

Check my post

Thanks for the info.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by musazulyadain: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
Seems Jesus was born on many days!

Exactly
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by osazuwa23: 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
yes the protest in iran wasabout not wantibg to wear hijab
NOETHNICITY:
Capping trash. Has any Muslim woman come to complaining that she’s being forced to wear the hijab
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by MamaletASO: 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
Check the 3rd picture..

They looked hungry, why?

Na WA oo..

2015, kwanu
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by jidamsel43(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
juman:
The Christianity of nowadays is an amalgamation of westernization and Christianity. The initial chritians (Orthodox) always covered their heads like Muslims. You can still find some of them in Egypt, Ethopia, Turkey, Jordan and some countries.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Solocoin: 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
That what happened when a man trying to invent something. Calendar was invented by man, even the birth of Jesus was invented by man. When a man invented there's going to be confusion.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by tete7000(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
Christ is born!

Hurray!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by tete7000(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
Seems Jesus was born on many days!

It is a commemoration and different people can decide when they commemorate. Hope you have been educated?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by 1Sharon(f): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I thought the wearing of the hijab is bad, uncivilized and unchristian.
Why are ethiopian Christian women putting on the hijab? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Someone should come and tell us what is happening here

That is not a Muslim hijab, don't even try it.

In Islam, wearing bright colours as hijabs is seen as haram.

And these women have the option to take it off later.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by tete7000(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
jidamsel43:
The Christianity of nowadays is an amalgamation of westernization and Christianity. The initial chritians (Orthodox) always covered their heads like Muslims. You can still find some of them in Egypt, Ethopia, Turkey, Jordan and some countries.

Read about great schism. For all you know you might not be entirely correct.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Osashalom:
Is he your Jesus?
quote author=AntiChristian post=119810850]Seems Jesus was born on many days!

Na your Jesus!

God wey them born!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ubenedictus:
nobody forced anything on you, if you dont want to read a comment just scoll past

We should try and correct lies whenever possible!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by tete7000(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
juman:

Dressing is mostly cultural and except what religion meets on ground when it enters a cultural settings is considered indecent, people are not mandated to change dressing to accept Christianity. Interaction with people of different culture can however affect how people dress.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
jaxxy:

Some of our grand parents don't know when they were born. it's not a big deal and if u narrow it down to a date what the issue with that?

Must you celebrate?

Na who send you?

The celebration of lies!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Osashalom: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na your Jesus!

God wey them born!
1Tim.3.16 This Christian life is a great mystery, far exceeding our understanding, but some things are clear enough: He appeared in a human body, was proved right by the invisible Spirit, was seen by angels. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, taken up into heavenly glory. (MSB)
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Small thing you don dey display violence.
Save your energy for when you need to defend ala the small god in saudi.

God the father - big God

God the son - middle God

God the spirit - small God

All of them are one and equal!

Three Gods not but one!

Just remove your brain!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Antichrist Statements Made By Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Apostle Johnson Suleman In A London Church, Looking Majestic (pictures) / Zanku Legwork Dance Inside White Garment Church (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.