Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia (39386 Views)

900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / January 7th: Christians in Ethiopia Celebrate Christmas Today (Photos) / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Skankamola:

But that is not why "prophet" muhammed hallucinates right? Anyway Genesis 2:17 says "the day you eat of the fruit you shall die", that is Gods judgement, not humans who are also sinners stoning themselves to death. Hypocrisy is not right.

Satanic verses

Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

In the old testament people were to be killed or destroyed for worshiping other gods. Why do Christians go against Muslims who same as apostasy laws in their country under Islamic law?

This is what the LORD of Hosts says: ‘I witnessed what the Amalekites did to the Israelites when they ambushed them on their way up from Egypt. 3Now go and attack the Amalekites and devote to destruction all that belongs to them. Do not spare them, but put to death men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and donkeys.
1 Samuel 15:3

1.But why kill women and infants?

2. Why kill Oxen, sheep, camels and donkeys?

3. Why kill innocent people?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Jozibrainz99:

Go through the spelling of my name before u spill emptiness. Check each letter one after the other like the way they showed u how to read ABC.....Have u done that

Na you start moniker trouble o
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Akalia:
At least you indirectly admit that Jesus christ was born in the first place. I think you have not entirely missed it, you are still eligible for redemption and salvation.

Redemption and salvation?
I am redeemed and saved already!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Osashalom:

1Tim.3.16 This Christian life is a great mystery, far exceeding our understanding, but some things are clear enough: He appeared in a human body, was proved right by the invisible Spirit, was seen by angels. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, taken up into heavenly glory. (MSB)

Wetin Jesus talk?

Na Paul talk that one!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na you start moniker trouble o

One love bro

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by mmsen: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Tell me how the date of birth of Jesus was derived initially?

The 32nd of Neverember grin

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by ChuksHills(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Merry Christmas to them
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by advocatejare(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Even Muhammad was not saved how much more you, muhammad that didn’t know where he was going!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by IslamVIRGINS(f): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

I don't think you know the meaning of the two words
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by jaxxy(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Must you celebrate?

Na who send you?

The celebration of lies!

No we mustn't , some people don't even celebrate their own birthdays bt that doesn't mean those who celebrate are doing smtn wrong.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Osashalom: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Wetin Jesus talk?

Na Paul talk that one!
John.3.3 - Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John.3.4 - Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
John.3.5 - Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
John.3.6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John.3.7 - Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again.'
John.3.8 - The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
John.3.9 - Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
John.3.10 - Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?
John.3.11 - Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. I
John.3.12 - If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? -
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
phemmyfour:
The Ethiopia mentioned in the Bible is different from the current Ethiopia
queen of Sheba is also different
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
1Sharon:

That is not a Muslim hijab, don't even try it.

In Islam, wearing bright colours as hijabs is seen as haram.

And these women have the option to take it off later.
It is not forbidden to wear bright colors hijab.
But I was even thinking that any form of headscarf for Christian women is forbidden.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by 1Sharon(f): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
It is not forbidden to wear bright colors hijab.
But I was even thinking that any form of headscarf for Christian women is forbidden.

Al-taqiyya.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
jaxxy:

No we mustn't , some people don't even celebrate their own birthdays bt that doesn't mean those who celebrate are doing smtn wrong.

Celebrating what you don't understand or what is not established is not wrong?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
IslamVIRGINS:

I don't think you know the meaning of the two words

I think Islamvirgins know it better!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by jaxxy(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Celebrating what you don't understand or what is not established is not wrong?

We understand it, if u don't go and learn about the truth. Don't live in darkness. Find the light.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
jaxxy:

We understand it, if u don't go and learn about the truth. Don't live in darkness. Find the light.

Tell me the truth you've learnt about Christmas? Christmas is simply unfounded and created by pagans!

Now paganism is your light!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Satanic verses

Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

In the old testament people were to be killed or destroyed for worshiping other gods. Why do Christians go against Muslims who same as apostasy laws in their country under Islamic law?

This is what the LORD of Hosts says: ‘I witnessed what the Amalekites did to the Israelites when they ambushed them on their way up from Egypt. 3Now go and attack the Amalekites and devote to destruction all that belongs to them. Do not spare them, but put to death men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and donkeys.
1 Samuel 15:3

1.But why kill women and infants?

2. Why kill Oxen, sheep, camels and donkeys?

3. Why kill innocent people?

Jesus Christ has shown Judgement should be for God because He alone is Worthy and Holy to judge others, but your shame and pride wont let you accept the fact you are following the false prophet and antichrist, a hallucinating slave rapist with multiple sexual partners and even took his own sons wife claiming its revelation from allah, common sense is far indeed.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
Skankamola:

Jesus Christ has shown Judgement should be for God because He alone is Worthy and Holy to judge others, but your shame and pride wont let you accept the fact you are following the false prophet and antichrist, a hallucinating slave rapist with multiple sexual partners and even took his own sons wife claiming its revelation from allah, common sense is far indeed.

I guess Jesus Christ was not yet created when his father was doing all the above?

Don't be an hypocrite! Embrace the truth! Read the verses quoted earlier and tell me what Jesus did!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by jaxxy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Tell me the truth you've learnt about Christmas? Christmas is simply unfounded and created by pagans!

Now paganism is your light!

do u celebrate ur birthday?

Do u know many things u do in thos world are pegan or let me say not religious?

As long as it doesn't break God's laws its fine.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
NO MAN KNOWS THE DATE,
BUT EVERYMAN AGREES THAT JESUS CAME ,DIED AND RESSURECTED FoR OUR SALVATION,BY MANISFATION AND PERSONAL EXPERENCE I KNOW THIS TRUTH.THE CELERATION OF CHRIST BIRTHDAY IS PERSONAL TO ALL NATION.SO NO DISPUTE grin
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
NO MAN KNOWS THE DATE,
BUT WE ARE ALL UNINANIMOUS ON ONE THING,THAT EVERY CHRISTIAN AGREES THAT JESUS CAME ,DIED AND RESSURECTED FOR OUR SALVATION ,THE CELERATION OF CHRIST BIRTH DAY IS PERSONAL in ALL NATION. grin
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by godwon01(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
One Ethiopian girl working at my place of work told me this last week. I was surprised and I told her what a weird culture you people practice in this 20th century. Happy Christmas to Alarm , the Ethiopian girl at my place of work. I celebrate your Christmas with you.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by rhames(m): 12:15am On Jan 09, 2023
CrownLands:
January 7th, 2023 is being celebrated as Christmas Day in Ethiopia and by the Orthodox Churches.

#MerryChristmas It's no news that Ethiopia has a different Calendar from the rest of the world.

So Today we wish Ethiopians a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year.

NB: #Ethiopia is still in the year 2015
Note Also That: The Orthodox Church continue to use the Julian Calendar.

Same in Russia ,the Balkans and the Coptic Church, which has its own Pope.

1 Like

Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by AntiChristian: 6:32am On Jan 09, 2023
jaxxy:

do u celebrate ur birthday?

Do u know many things u do in thos world are pegan or let me say not religious?

As long as it doesn't break God's laws its fine.

I don't celebrate birthdays nor paganism!

Talk another one!
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by phemmyfour: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
queen of Sheba is also different
Seek knowledge

In ancient times, Yemen was the home of the Sabaeans, a trading state that included parts of modern-day Ethiopia and Eritrea. Later in 275 AD, the Himyarite Kingdom was influenced by Judaism.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

I guess Jesus Christ was not yet created when his father was doing all the above?

Don't be an hypocrite! Embrace the truth! Read the verses quoted earlier and tell me what Jesus did!
Okay show where God killed Adam for eating a fruit.
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by IslamVIRGINS(f): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
AntiChristian:

I think Islamvirgins know it better!

I know better than Islamic god allah and Muhammad
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
phemmyfour:
Seek knowledge

In ancient times, Yemen was the home of the Sabaeans, a trading state that included parts of modern-day Ethiopia and Eritrea. Later in 275 AD, the Himyarite Kingdom was influenced by Judaism.
how does this correlate with what I said ?
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by phemmyfour: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
how does this correlate with what I said ?
Cos it's beyond you, avoid trying to understand
Re: January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia by ednited(f): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2023
robosky02:
Ethiopia is just an amazing country.... Never colonize

I wish all Africans were like them just. Amazing.

I have a beautiful friend ednited from Ethiopia

Check my post about Ethiopia

https://www.nairaland.com/6337686/ethiopia-country-follows-13-month-calendar

Blushing, I wish you guys come here one day and celebrate this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Antichrist Statements Made By Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Apostle Johnson Suleman In A London Church, Looking Majestic (pictures) / Zanku Legwork Dance Inside White Garment Church (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.