Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students (55192 Views)

University Students Demand Professor Be Fired For Saying There Are Only 2 Sexes / Professor Fired From University For Saying Biological Sex Is Real And Important / ASUU Strike! Lecturer Turns Spiderman To Attend To Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Zubi10(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
realmindz:

Muhammad is a cock sucker
You see how you are looking for trouble.. You'll get it I promise you
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MeineMutter: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
nazicartel:
is USA a Muslim country?... They can take those silly options to their countries

Is USA a non-Muslim country? You never solve the problem in your own backyard, you are advocating in far away USA. The country owner has defended their country by sacking the teacher. Do you know the cost the US has been paying since September 11 attack? You know how many enemies the US now has compared to before 9/11 attack?
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by sisisioge: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Konquest:

Huh?! Sisioge, how's it going? I've always thought you are a Muslim based on one of your posts years back... Interesting.

I always like to respect the beliefs of others, no matter how neurotic they might seem. In international business etiquette, these are some of the things you have to learn so as not to lose a business deal or offend cultural and religious sensibilities worldwide. Anyways, have a great New Year ahead of you. wink

Yes, you're right about respecting other people's beliefs but this is a school where they were learning history. The painting is allegedly thir prophet, they aren't even sure. The school is multicultural/multi-religion. How will the scholars ever learn if they dont explore everything in history? Infact, I didnt even know such painting existed until this noise....imagine historians being as ignorant as I am on the matter. For instance, our bible never said anything about Jesus being married and having kids, yet historians managed to unearth findings that he did, did we roll heads because of that or stop believing that he was never married? Abeg, that religion folks are simply too aggressive!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Luckysbab: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
nazicartel:
No. USA is an islamic country. Fool

Dullard doesn't even know there's a significant population of US citizens who are Muslims too. You're not worth a decent discourse.

I wonder what you're really doing with your life.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Zubi10(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Seun if you cannot sensor some these useless comments on our prophet ...Even you will not escape the wrath of God Almighty
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MeineMutter: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
blaise26abj:

This one is ready to detonate bomb oh . Read carefully and don’t be blinded by suicidal rage . The prof respectfully asked the Muslims to exit . The other faiths in the class cannot start worshipping the image of Mohammed because he is not their prophet . So that reservation is strictly for Muslims and she gave them time to leave or turn off their video .

If I hate beans, you are about to eat beans beside me and you know I hate beans . And you politely ask me to leave the room so that you can eat the beans in peace but i choose to report you that you are eating beans to get you sacked. Then I am a f—-ing bitch .

Is the lecturer a Muslim? Is what she is showing them in their teaching curriculum?

Some Americans are werey living in good houses but they are not roaming the streets.

Have we ever seen any Muslim drawn pictures of Jesus Christ to smear anybody?

The lady student reserves the right to remain in class. Let’s face it: that’s how Jesus’ portrait was ‘invented’ even though there was no photography during his life time. From then, people have been worshiping imaginary portrait and statues of our Jesus Christ (May Allah be pleased with him)
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2023
cococandy:

Obviously was not responding to your “subsequent” post therein lies your dilemma.

And No I don’t maintain civility or play “nice” games when you’re asking loaded pretentious questions. Go play those games with someone else.

What I said was straight forward with no room for secondary interpretation.

You didn't read the post properly, then; that is your tragedy.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by bewla(m): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Dem wan carry there extremism to America

Before you know it, they will start throwing bombs
9 11 is still fresh
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by blaise26abj(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
MeineMutter:

Is the lecturer a Muslim? Is what she is showing them in their teaching curriculum?

Some Americans are werey living in good houses but they are not roaming the streets.

Have we ever seen any Muslim drawn pictures of Jesus Christ to smear anybody?

The lady student reserves the right to remain in class. Let’s face it: that’s how Jesus’ portrait was ‘invented’ even though there was no photography during his life time. From then, people have been worshiping imaginary portrait and statues of our Jesus Christ (May Allah be pleased with him)

So a non Muslim cannot talk or teach about Islam ? Yet you want to evangelize to other faiths . Leave Jesus out of the issue . Whoever wants to bow down and workshop his image has his/her issues with God not with me . But to suppress intellectual discuss over a religious figure even after all sensitivity issues are taken care of smacks of intolerance . We can’t discuss it with you . We still can’t discuss it behind you . Then that is infringing on our rights . As if Muslims don’t talk about Christ not being the Son of God behind. If we start being intolerant too , Una go dey form victim .
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by just4fun(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
freshkpomo:

Muslims are stupid to the call and think their problem is America and everyone in America are Christians. What if the teacher is and Atheist and how did she do wrong but teaching the student about great prophet Muhammad and using a beautiful photo of him to illustrate? Did he abuse the prophet? YOU Muslims are so stupid and quick to claim victims.

You say Christians attack you, but I can't recall the last time a Christian bombed or slit yhe throat of a Muslim because of religion. Even Deborah Samuel that your useless brothers killed was framed. Muslims call Jesus a prophet all the time, atheist abuse Christianity, Gays curse on God but we don't see no one dying or even when a movie is made of it. Christians have swallowed all of this but just an ant bite you all will start foaming like rabid dogs....

I am not writing to you as a Christian but as a concerned person telling you to face atheist and leave Christians alone you pig with your bloodthirsty fictional character.

One carton of Heineken for you...…...

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by bizzle2: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Birniwa:
The problem with these pigs practicing this ill-conceived and half-baked religion called Christianity more especially the Nigerian goats is that they lack manners and respect for other faiths.

Muslims anywhere they are, will never insult other faiths, it's a teaching from the Holy Quran. Why can't you just learn from this excellent teaching but instead you jump into attacks anywhere you see a topic of discourse about Islam or Muslims.

But You Just Did Mr Holy Quaran. Extremism and violence are the hallmarks of your peaceful religion

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by mbaise1000: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Birniwa:
The problem with these pigs practicing this ill-conceived and half-baked religion called Christianity more especially the Nigerian goats is that they lack manners and respect for other faiths.

Muslims anywhere they are, will never insult other faiths, it's a teaching from the Holy Quran. Why can't you just learn from this excellent teaching but instead you jump into attacks anywhere you see a topic of discourse about Islam or Muslims.

Now look at what people with sense like America are doing to protect others. They think the teacher (as a Christian) has no right to attack any other faith and so, resorted to firing her instead. However, some adulterated pigs here in Nigeria are ranting that they should ban Muslims from entering their country. You probably do not think holy of your gods and do not care if any one insults them. Keep calm, no Muslim will ever engage in such nonsense with you.

You mean protecting others because of what the muslims will do to them because of ordinary picture, we all know that muslims are murderous in obedience to their prophet mohamad who murdered many by his own hands and his followers are murdering today in defense of his name, a true God fights for himself, a non-existent god will have have the real goats to fight for him. BTW the poster said that it was muslims who drew those pictures and not Christians as you are assuming here, well america did the right thing by averting the deaths of innocent people, who would have been murdered because of ordinary picture as it happened in France, now as the case of the way it happened in Denmark, the real goats here will turn to start murdering people in the shit hole because of this American picture, you expect everyone to bow down to terrorists like these people are doing? Fortunately it's not every country there that takes their shit, let them go to Italy and try that nonsense, why haven't any of them terrorists gone to Italy to dictate to them to bow to mohamad and his satanic verses?
That muslims will run away from their Sharia ridden shit hole and go to a safe country and will start forcing their hosts to accept what they ran away from is total madness, beheading those that refuse to take their satanic ways is only the will of the devil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by LordAdam16: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
grandstar:

What is the big deal about respecting the sensitivity of Muslims in not drawing a portrait of Mohammed? Is it so much to ask?

Free speech shouldn't be abused to debase the beliefs of others. Even the Bible urges us to take into consideration of the consciences of others. This is one fine example

The portraits were drawn by Muslims in Islamic Caliphates.

It's horrifying how sharply Islam regressed.

I and anyone can view these same paintings with a millisecond Google search request. They're on Wikipedia. Should a Jihad be launched against Alphabet and Wikipedia for doing the exact same thing as the laid off professor?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Kdon2: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
babz11:

When it comes to out religion we are very Intolerance

When you are Tolerance of Everything, You stand For Nothing

You can't make joke of the Prophet.....

Murderers religion started by murderer in-chief
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by darklord12: 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
Very stewpid professor... God bless the student.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by SWATMan: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
waledeji:
You always comment on every thread on nairaland. Are you this jobless

How did you notice that he comments on every thread if you are not as jobless as he is? cheesy
It takes a thief to catch a thief. grin grin
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Fujiyama: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
grandstar:

I am a conservative Christian. So my statements here are unbiased.

^^^
undecided

How does your being a 'conservative Christian' make you unbiased in this matter?? What's the correlation?

grandstar:

Why disturb sleep? The next thing a fool blows up a Church or a mall because a silly teacher did not have the gumption to respect the religious views of others.

^^^
Do not make excuses for misplaced, misdirected aggression. A person's religious sensibilities have been offended and the next thing he does is attack people who had absolutely nothing to do with it? undecided I know the Nigerian army has made this transferred aggression behaviour seem normal and acceptable but it isn't.

grandstar:
We should respect the feelings of others is not asking too much in this case.

^^^
Who is "we"? undecided

grandstar:
If she feels it is something intellectual, let her and co-believers create a private secret academic group where they can meet and discuss such issues.

^^^
What do you mean by co-believers? Co-believers in what? undecided

grandstar:
It is a fiery issue and it is just wrong on all fronts. You're hurting the sensibilities of Muslims.

^^^
This is a clash of cultures and civilizations playing out. One culture holds its religious figures as being above reproach. The other clearly does not. Oh black African (I'm assuming you are one) - please don't pick a side without careful scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MrPRevailer(m): 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
shomutuski:

You are not a true Muslim, you don't need to abuse anyone's faith, i get that seeing your deen dragged in the mood and described in a negative light is quite triggering but you need to go above all this petty religious beefs on nairaland. The usa is the biggest buyer of oil from saudis.

As Muslims, we should really show the true light of our religion to others. we have Christians killing and maiming others everywhere even the so called ipob they are Christians, isrealis killing Palestine are also Christians or Jews. The world is bleeped up already. If you google good deeds from muslims they are alot of them all over the world today so whatever i read on here doesn't bother me one bit.

In my community both home and abroad, i have Christian family who i love and cherish and they love me back, we eat from the same plate. Its only the enlightened ones that understand really the plan the west has for Islam, bad plans. they already succeeded with the media and destabilisation of the middle east.

Most of the people on nairaland here are frustrated and bitter i know that for sure, economy no easy so the best way is to vent.

Things go better my people

One love

Show me one Christian that has killed in the name of his religion, I will show you 100,000 Muslims that have killed in the name of Allah.
Shouting Allahu Akbar.
You can go to liveleaks video and watch your brothers.

And why not? because killing infidels and apostates is commanded by Allah in Quran. And in the Hadith, there are sufficient examples from Mohammed and his companions.
Contrarywise, Christians are commanded to love their enemies and never retaliate.
More importantly, all the apostles of Jesus showed that example.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MeineMutter: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
blaise26abj:

So a non Muslim cannot talk or teach about Islam ? Yet you want to evangelize to other faiths . Leave Jesus out of the issue . Whoever wants to bow down and workshop his image has his/her issues with God not with me . But to suppress intellectual discuss over a religious figure even after all sensitivity issues are taken care of smacks of intolerance . We can’t discuss it with you . We still can’t discuss it behind you . Then that is infringing on our rights . As if Muslims don’t talk about Christ not being the Son of God behind. If we start being intolerant too , Una go dey form victim .

Is it on the curriculum? Is that a good example to use? Having PhD or being a professor does not make you an intellect. All you have your PhD on is just a fraction of an atom of intellectualism.

Even Muslims can’t allow you Jesus Christ any bad name. If you doubt me, go and try that in the Muslim countries.
I will still mention Christ, our saviour’s name at any time. Jesus Christ no be your papa. And defending him or not defending him can’t take you to heaven. So don’t play holy card here. Alagbere, oloti, oni pan shaga, ole, oni irin are, okanjua, opuro, odale, ika, oni jibiti ati beebe lo.

As you typed, you know the evil that you have committed, or the one you are committing, or the one you will commit.
Don’t you tell lies, backbite, fornicate, drink, bet, steal, scam, connive to steal or do evil, cheat etc?
Deal with any of those that you could be suffering from, firstly, before you start defending Jesus Christ.
Religious bigots. That’s why you want to d.ie because of Muslim-Muslim ticket in Nigeria’s coming presidential election. Deal with it.
You expect too much from someone or you take someone for granted. That’s how you know who’s not tolerant. Respect anybody for his or her faith. Don’t cross the line.

Go and see how they practice Islam in UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi, Kuwait and other countries where they follow what their God said and you would love the religion. Don’t think the way poorer nations practice Islam is the way Islam is. I have gone to their countries and I have seen things for my self.
They tolerate Muslims more than we Christians tolerate Muslims.

God knows the evil your fathers and forefathers perpetrated (and are perpetrating) to cheat and skim out Muslims from so many things in Nigeria, from admission to unis, to posts at work, to other opportunities. Yet, you still see that as part of what Christianity preaches.

Pot, calling kettle black. Religion defender. You will be surprised to find yourself in he_ll fire in that day.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by makavellidon: 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

you are a fool
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by jaggabban: 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The student who made the complain was given the option to avoid seeing the picture but choose to remain in the class.
Pls tell us her business with the picture.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Fujiyama: 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
slimtoney:
Hand clappers

^^^
cheesy

Who and what is a "hand clapper"?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MrPRevailer(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
bizzle2:

But You Just Did Mr Holy Quaran. Extremism and violence are the hallmarks of your peaceful religion

@Birniwa Indeed it is! grin
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Fujiyama: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
Originalsly:
The bolded is where you got it wrong. It doesn't matter how much warning she posted .... the bottom line ....it should not be presented period .... she crossed the line of academic freedom.

^^^
What is academic freedom?
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by MrPRevailer(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
nazicartel:
America should ban Muslims from coming to their country. Maybe they can exempt middle East Muslims. Those ones there are learned morethan African and far East Muslims

Make your post more meaningful or spicy by adding this link. Islam is a religion of peace.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

he can draw whatever he want to draw prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) has no known image.

By the way is like you're jobless because you're in everywhere in nairaland.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by babz11(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kdon2:

Murderers religion started by murderer in-chief

Your pain how many of ur family member is dead?
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
JAMO84:
See this Aturu wey dey advise America

SHUT UP!!! MUSLIMS ARE MISCREANTS. PROPHET MOHAMMED IS A FAKE CHARLATAN.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by CodeTemplar: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
jaggabban:

Pls tell us her business with the picture.
read the news from other sites and update yourself..the blogger here did a poor job probably because of many copy and paste.
There were more than one muslim student in the class. The lecturer hinted them and allowed anyone who will feel offended to leave for just the duration of the picture being projected. She stayed behind then claimed it offended her faith. That's absurd. She is an adherent of the religion and not the owner of the religion or religious figure in question.
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Fujiyama: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2023
gloryman91:
Useless woman, older than her age sef.

^^^
cheesy

Her "uselessness" or looks are not the issue here.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by OgaSeun: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Birniwa:

Now look at what people with sense like America are doing to protect others. They think the teacher (as a Christian) has no right to attack any other faith and so, resorted to firing her instead. However, some adulterated pigs here in Nigeria are ranting that they should ban Muslims from entering their country. You probably do not think holy of your gods and do not care if any one insults them. Keep calm, no Muslim will ever engage in such nonsense with you.

Koran saying Jesus didn't die itself is an insult on Christianity.. Mumu man
Re: U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students by Pacesetter123(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
grandstar:

What is the big deal about respecting the sensitivity of Muslims in not drawing a portrait of Mohammed? Is it so much to ask?

Free speech shouldn't be abused to debase the beliefs of others. Even the Bible urges us to take into consideration of the consciences of others. This is one fine example
Are you telling me that you modern Muslims are more Islamic than those Islamic scholars that did the painting?

They said the art work were done by the people of 16th century.
Meaning they were moslems who saw prophet Muhammad face to face and heard his teachings directly from his mouth.
He didn't forbid anyone from painting his image while alive or after his death,that's why those Islamic scholars created the art work.
And the article even stated that it's not written anywhere in the Quran that his image shouldn't be created by artists.
So where did you people get this newly formulated injunction from?
This is religious extremism by you modern Muslims.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral / Akure Teacher Asks Student To Destroy Her Phone As Punishment (Photos, Video) / 3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.