Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,485 members, 7,958,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? (21177 Views)

How They Found A Fortune In The Belle Of A Whale! (Pictures) / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by gaspology(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:
I saw this post on Facebook, guys what's your honest opinion?

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Don't wait till it happens to you before you learn.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
Pure threat! Let her upgrade herself, at least when she finally leaves, I won't feel used. Why most women agree to be with one man is because of economy. The well offs prefer independence more than men so they taste Tom, Dick and Harry cool

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mccallistas(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
CHoccolaTE:
What a disgusting thread filled with evil minded enemies of progress.

I have always said it that the average Nigerian man is a demonic beast, how can so many of you actively wish for your wives to always remain below you and advice each other to not help her rise in life?

If a random person says they wish their brother or neighbor should never rise above them in life, that random person will be called a wicked and evil person but when it's husband's wishing it for their wives, somehow that kind of wickedness becomes acceptable to them.

Your rubbish pride cannot handle a woman being better than you, that's why you people don't want your wives to rise above you, not because of the nonsense reasons you wrote here, in Nigeria presently, many wives are the ones feeding husband and children and they keep quiet about it to maintain their homes, look at that topic in frontpage about the woman whose husband spends all his money on gambling.

I don't blame you people, it's Nigerian women that love carrying marriages to evil men on their heads I blame.

Well, you have a point also.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Focusmind: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
I am surprised at the comments here by some men. If you dont want to upgrade your wife, na you sabi.

I have no worry at all about upgrading my wife. As long as I am not dependent on her for sustenance, I am ok with upgrading her.

In fact, at the moment, I am making an arrangement for a special upgrade for her. I want her to take over the affairs of the family expenses in the future because I am going to retire on time and take care of myself and enjoy my life.

5 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
chatinent:
It happened to your wife doesn't mean she represents all women. Tag and blame your wife alone and stop being generic.

[/b]My woman is the best thing that happened to me.
[b]

Wow grin
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
I like telling ladies this,

Any chance you have to hurt a man,
Do it sis.
Men don't deserve good women

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mamaafrik1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
ibkayee:
So she just served him divorce papers for absolutely no other reason other than she wanted to stay in the US?

The guy sounds very possessive and controlling, so whilst I can’t categorically say he did anything or what he did, I won’t be surprised if there are gaps in this story and incriminating details have intentionally been left out.

Something about this story creeped me out
I heard of similar incidents that happened in Benin,told by a lady.
The lady was brought up trained,educated ,given a federal job and even she had a side hustle as her brother in-law abroad always send stuffs that she sells.
She had a car bought by her husband.
She as two kids and even tushed to an enviable status at wor.
You know what she did,she withdrew 3million from husband account ,borrowed 1.2 from work cooperative and 800k from friends took her passport and left the husband and kids.
If not for her past passion for abroad talks and her absence of passport and cash withdrawal trails,one would have thought she was kidnapped.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Dshocker(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
folake4u:

The men that have been in power since from generation to generation, how did they control it well? I just want to know. smiley

Men don't abuse power, except from few.

But most women will abuse it.

4 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by DaveHarry(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
Na so tommy wife take go USA for omugwo; only tommy come back, wife stay back till tomorrow.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by dotedote: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
My exact thought.
Filing for divorce for not wanting to come back to 9ja could not be the reason

ibkayee:
So she just served him divorce papers for absolutely no other reason other than she wanted to stay in the US?

The guy sounds very possessive and controlling, so whilst I can’t categorically say he did anything or what he did, I won’t be surprised if there are gaps in this story and incriminating details have intentionally been left out.

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Lyfdiscvry91(f): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Seriously internet is a bad influence in some ways ...That's all I've got to say..

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Tayorshd2(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
deepwater:
Lol

I am more concerned about your friend's power and capabilities to MAKE or not make his wife or daughter a judge at will

Is that how judges are made in Nigeria?

That's were the story became picky which I don't even understand
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mccallistas(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
Preshieben:
[b][/b]

Wow grin
Are you the wife?
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Prettychild(f): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

Seun, RoyalRoy
Different strokes for different people. Not true at all times
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mccallistas(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

I heard of similar incidents that happened in Benin,told by a lady.
The lady was brought up trained,educated ,given a federal job and even she had a side hustle as her brother in-law abroad always send stuffs that she sells.
She had a car bought by her husband.
She as two kids and even tushed to an enviable status at wor.
You know what she did,she withdrew 3million from husband account ,borrowed 1.2 from work cooperative and 800k from friends took her passport and left the husband and kids.
If not for her past passion for abroad talks and her absence of passport and cash withdrawal trails,one would have thought she was kidnapped.
You see?
These things just don't happen. But we neglect red flags a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Tmex(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
CHoccolaTE:

Don't mind these wicked liars.

Tufia, very nonsense thread. Just look at these demons in human flesh claiming women are not supposed to be better than their husband, As if women are not already doing the job of primary breadwinner in many families today.
You people are lucky that naija women are docile, if I find out that a man I married has this mentality, I will hustle relentlessly to make sure I end up more successful than him.

Make I see whether he go divorce me because his babyish ego cannot handle it.

What stops you from hustling relentlessly to make sure u end up more successful than him already?

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Executive729: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
ibkayee:

Stop talking trash for sake of it or something you don't really know very well, this what they all do. If you don't know you know peace

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Executive729: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Unfortunately most women can't have bigger status

There was one sent to school by the husband who now want to abandon the husband to travel out with the kids

The wife is even calling the man illiterate and forcing him to go to school at old age

One, or all them, if they haven't done it know they haven't found someone better. If you take them abroad you are on your own they are truly leeches

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
You re looking for trouble o, dem feminists' crew will attack you spiritually.

BTW upgrading your wife means different things, to a southerner it means sending her to some school , to the northerner it means marrying another wife. See the difference, me thinks the latter is more correct, upgrading your wife should mean marrying another one, or replacing the existing one with a newer, younger flashier version. grin. how could you possibly regret that?

4 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Isabi4lov: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
AllahKaduna with his erroneous teachings, same man that is enjoying his own family telling others to stay wicked to their wives .

Make una just dey play dey play undecided

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by ibkayee(f): 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
Executive729:

Stop talking trash for sake of it or something you don't really know very well, this what they all do. If you don't know you know peace
Shut it

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mccallistas:

Are you the wife?
I'd be so happy to have a man who's so proud of me the way he is proud of his woman
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Jcuttie: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Smallxixi:
Same way a woman should never marry a man below her level and upgrade him.

Men always believe they should be in charge no matter how much richer his wife his. A man will even lavish his wife’s hard earned money on random women.

Broke Men will attach themselves to a hard working rich woman, leech on her and suck her Dry to the extent of her becoming bankrupt. Most men will even kill the woman to inherit her properties.

You will never see a lady gold digger go this far. Women will take little from a man and move on to a richer man. But men will stay and suck you dry till you die!

your reply got me ROTFL. Big leeches. They would sure suck a woman till they suck her dry, women are just being human in nature. just trying their best to look for more and better option, this wan dey pain men die grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
Only Mumu Men wouldn't know this.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2023
Smallxixi:
Same way a woman should never marry a man below her level and upgrade him.

Men always believe they should be in charge no matter how much richer his wife his. A man will even lavish his wife’s hard earned money on random women.

Broke Men will attach themselves to a hard working rich woman, leech on her and suck her Dry to the extent of her becoming bankrupt. Most men will even kill the woman to inherit her properties.

You will never see a lady gold digger go this far. Women will take little from a man and move on to a richer man. But men will stay and suck you dry till you die!

Lol how many Women/Ladies are even self made Wealthy/Rich just to start with lol talkless of assisting a man lolgrin

You pathetic people are majorly and generally leeches. Wetin concern me sef, Na Men wey be say them be Mumu it comes to Una matter i dey always blame. Help ko helper nii mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Isabi4lov: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=mariahAngel post=119900312]

Oya, tell everyone what happened in-between the bolded, you deceiver!

Only a crazy woman would want to divorce a husband who's been that good to her. [/quotel] Yes o
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by peacettw: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
Can be both... It all depends on how you treat and value her
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Damn....hell no!!!

I rather gather all my keke osusu money use am take plant mango tree for middle of road than upgrade my banny shocked. Ordinary fine dress wey I buy for her wey she wear follow me go outing on Xmas Eve,area men almost win her from me angry

Jokes apart,for my own peace of mind, I'd rather upgrade my poultry from a cage of old layers to broilers than upgrade my banny lipsrsealed

Abeg make Banny upgrade herself and if she later fly away, E no concern me. Who get to trust bictches? Only foools do.

Even my fellow men, i no trust them at all, Na bannies wey be say na fish brain dem get i go con trust lol. Any Man who hasn't stayed long with Women/Ladies wouldn't understand how most of them reason. Many times i observe these traits in my own mother too, I go just display that evil Smile like, i already know who una be so i'm not surprised lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by MrColdsweat: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
deepwater:
Lol

I am more concerned about your friend's power and capabilities to MAKE or not make his wife or daughter a judge at will

5 years experience as a barrister and some palm greasing can land you the job of a magisterate in Nigeria.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Wickedfact: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
deepwater:
Lol

A typists in the Court has more influence in the judiciary than some very senior lawyers. Underrate them at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Wickedfact: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
I once bought Rav4 for an unfortunate idiot I wanted to marry. One day, she asked me to stop making noise in her car. Vehicle I bought and paid for with my money.
Used style to collect the car and dumped her. She cried taya, I didn't budge. The mother begged for months, I refused.

Women are like fire. Useful but you must know how to manage them.

11 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Dshocker:
Funny enough, i was discussing with my friend on the phone this morning and i was telling him that women are not supposed to willpower, because they cannot manage or control it.

Below is a link, where Wife of DG SSS orders arrest of Kano NNPP guber candidate, directs personnel to kill his aide at Kano airport.

https://www.nairaland.com/7516347/aisha-bichi-orders-arrest-abba

Once you give them wings, they tend to fly away

Even Many Men who are Logical are Culpable of this. Imagine to now talk of Women that are always Emotional 90% of the time. People that would do something first before they think about it.

Women and Children can afford and allowed to make mistakes and somehow still gets away with it, But only few Men have such privileges.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by XTHRONE(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Onucs:
Women are one gender that doesn't really know what they want

No they know what they want, don't just let your woman keep friends with someone richer than u, or else u will know they know what they want.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.