Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International (50922 Views)

Obi Clears Air On Alleged Liquidation Of UK Company, Next Int’l Ltd. / Peter Obi Resigned As Next International Director In 2008 / EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by blackpanda: 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Penguin2:
So, how this one take concern Obi and his ambition to liberate Nigeria and Nigerians?

At least Peter Obi has companies, one of which you are reporting was struck off by UK Authorities.

Where are Tinubu’s companies?

Smh. His company was struck off for being fraudulent. Failure to disclose is a symptom of fraud
Stop supporting rubbish. How can a fraudster liberate anybody

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
The Obidient dynasty is falling apart, all bluff and no show, he cant even file ordinary annual account. I better go tell my aunty to sell her shares in the NEXT supermarket in PH.

Another proof that Obidient and Ipob crew have some thing in common, a genetically enhanced inbuilt stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Great2017: 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
christistruth01:

As Reno Omokri said Peter Obi is a well packaged Fraud
Sorry is your name if people still think for you at your age.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by michealade(m): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
putin2:
Uk govt is the problem of Nigeria they will do whatever they can to frustrate the real choice of Nigeria citizens . See as they dinner and wine with most corrupt regime ever in this country Apc lead govt.
so u think Obi is the real choice..lol!!I no support any of them tho but you see Obi,na big fraud..

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Probz(m): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Reinaldo:
Meaningless post. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria

Let’s hope so. I’d kick off about what the U.K. is dissolving him of and why but they have to be impartial. They have to be impartial.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Probz(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
michealade:
so u think Obi is the real choice..lol!!I no support any of them tho but you see Obi,na big fraud..

We can do better than Peter Obi but he’s the best choice for now. Take away Igbos and Nigeria would be next to nothing so it’s about time that was reflected in the governance.

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by obyno82: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Latakia:
Obi Pandora is a fraudster, terrorist, tribal bigot that should be rejected by patriotic Nigerians. In ten years from now, those zombiedients will want to repackage Ikpeazu and use same lie to tell their gullible followers that he's the best for Nigeria. Patriotic Nigerians should also reject him like Obi Pandora when that time arrive.

You don't have sense
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Maximeo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
plaindealer:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/575026-exclusive-uk-authorities-dissolve-peter-obis-company-next-international.html

Obi supporters stop replying to a lot nonsense posted on this platform which has turned from bad to worst.

Nairaland.com owner will regret what his forum has turned into by allowing rubbish, propaganda and lies to be peddled here in the name of politics.

Nothing credible on here anymore, just a total waste of time.

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by bewla(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
plaindealer:
The man is a mega crook.

I mean, what is this man hiding?

Same with the Pandora rubbish, this crook parked his billions in secret foreign pandora account just to hide his money and evade taxes and I think he played the same tax dodging hide and seek with the UK authorities.

And this crook and a lawless, anti-social and unpatriotic ipob clown wants to rule Nigeria.

What a scumbag..

Sad, for real.
The company was use as a decoi to embezzle money to USA after company close from anambra it's offshore warehouse most close to
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by bewla(m): 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
id911:
Peter Obi already said it since year 2020 that
he's no longer willing to run Next UK. He's concentrating on other Next subsidiaries. I don't understand why this old news is now making front page without telling the people what Obi said in the past.
Best -Among - Them

U reject
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Idiotseverywher: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
plaindealer:

A well-packaged fraud, a conman, and a crook.
. Assuming, he is still better than Tinubu who sacrifices blood to maintain his occultic INFINITY membership
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Latakia(f): 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
obyno82:

You don't have sense
Obi Pandora is a fraudster, terrorist, tribal bigot that should be rejected by patriotic Nigerians. In ten years from now, those zombiedients will want to repackage Ikpeazu and use same lie to tell their gullible followers that he's the best for Nigeria. Patriotic Nigerians should also reject him like Obi Pandora when that time arrive.

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Maximeo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
blackpanda:

Smh. His company was struck off for being fraudulent. Failure to disclose is a symptom of fraud
Stop supporting rubbish. How can a fraudster liberate anybody

YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF FRAUD, GO AND LOOK FOR WORK TO BE DOING. IF YOU'RE BUSY YOU WON'T HAVE TIME FOR POSTING RUBBISH & LIES.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by obyno82: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
Latakia:

You don't have sense obviously.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Emmanuel909090: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Company house
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by blackpanda: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
Maximeo:

YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF FRAUD, GO AND LOOK FOR WORK TO BE DOING. IF YOU'RE BUSY YOU WON'T HAVE TIME FOR POSTING RUBBISH & LIES.

United Kingdom just struck off his company from their country. You are the only one living in lies and self-deceit.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Owologbo(m): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nbote:
So?? So if the UK branch of your company no longer does business there what account would you be submitting to the authorities??

Abeg show us anywhere in the write up where loan was mentioned.

Show me anywhere tax was mentioned in the post? I'm sure you brains doesn't know the difference between delisting a company and a company defaulting in it's tax payments. If he was doing anything wrong, won't they be charging him for tax fraud?

You people should stop engaging all these Agbado infested tinubu fan boys.
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by maasoap(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
Toneypen247:
Lol.
All these Agbado and Mikano boys can rejoice now because they have seen something that will make Peter Obi lose the election. Confused lot grin grin grin

You are paranoid! You are the first person to comment and was already attacking those who haven't commented yet, lol.

Someone should explain to these confused lots that there is no essence in paying tax in an area you stopped doing business with a long time ago. Simply put that the business is no longer functioning there. This happened about three years ago, but Agbado and Mikano boys are already salivating thinking that Peter Obi is like their principals who have a skeleton in their cupboards grin

you might find my signature below helpful wink

Like we don't know reason for registering the said company in the first place.

A private limited company, Next International was incorporated on 16t May 1996. Mr Obi was listed as a director while his wife, Margaret, served as secretary. Next International (Nigeria) Limited (with 999 ordinary shares) and Mr Obi (with one ordinary share) were listed as shareholders.

Tell me that this statement didn't reek corruption and scam all over it after reading it! grin grin grin
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by plaindealer: 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Toneypen247:
Lol.
All these Agbado and Mikano boys can rejoice now because they have seen something that will make Peter Obi lose the election. Confused lot grin grin grin

Someone should explain to these confused lots that there is no essence in paying tax in an area you stopped doing business with a long time ago. Simply put that the business is no longer functioning there. This happened about three years ago, but Agbado and Mikano boys are already salivating thinking that Peter Obi is like their principals who have a skeleton in their cupboards grin

Typical villager..

You don't get to decide when or when not to pay taxes where you are still registered and on the books as a business, the authorities in that jurisdiction decide if you need to pay taxes or not and that was the reason why they asked the crook to tender his account details.

Sad to know that you olodo villagers are the future of biafra, with your collective low-grade mentality and poor understanding of everything under the sun, biafra is doomed and dead on arival..

grin grin
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by nairabacks(f): 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
We DON'T Have a presidential candidate... what a shame
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by kcbaba007: 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nbote:
So?? So if the UK branch of your company no longer does business there what account would you be submitting to the authorities??

Show me anywhere tax was mentioned in the post? I'm sure you brains doesn't know the difference between delisting a company and a company defaulting in it's tax payments. If he was doing anything wrong, won't they be charging him for tax fraud?

Don't min that olodo, he is high on Oshogbo weed
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by plaindealer: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nbote:

Almost all registered companies in the UK are required to prepare annual accounts for Companies House and HMRC every year. The purpose of these accounts is to report the financial activity of the company and, subsequently, work out how much Corporation Tax it has to pay to HMRC.

OMG!!! grin grin

As long as you are still a registered company, you are obligated to submit to the authorities and you are still under their laws, rules and regulations.

You can play games or do whatever crooked rubbish or even fool yourself that you are no longer in business, but until you dissolve the business by filing the necessary paperwork with the same authorities to end your business activities, you are still running an active business, you are still on record as a business and you must abide by the rules and regulations of the authorities.

Annual accounts are about taxes, annual accounts are what the government uses to access your income and decided how much taxes you must pay.

Obi the crook did not release his account because he didn't want to be accessed for taxes, all the crooked and corrupt excuses about closing the business or not operating are a reflection of your own ignorance and zero business exposure, you are still running an active business as long as you are still on the books as a registered business and his business was still active until the very second it got delisted.

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by plaindealer: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
It's like the IRS asking me to file taxes as a business or business owner and I replied that I can't and shouldn't have to file taxes or pay taxes because I stopped running the business even though you are still on record as a business and your business is not officially dissolved according to the law. Den go levy heavy fines and even garnish my bank accounts to collect their money.

How ignorant can you people be with that lame and idiotic excuse about not running the business when in the eyes of the law you are still an active business?

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Toneypen247(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
maasoap:

You are paranoid! You are the first person to comment and was already attacking those who haven't commented yet, lol.

Like we don't know reason for registering the said company in the first place.

Tell me that this statement didn't reek corruption and scam all over it after reading it! grin grin grin

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Toneypen247:
Lol.

Don't be stupid the companies house who wrote to him twice where stupid to know he's no longer in business with the country abi?

Like that up with taking all the money offshore which Pandora papers revealed.

You people always think you're taking to stupid people like you

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nbote:

Don't be stupid the companies house who wrote to him twice where stupid to know he's no longer in business with the country abi?

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Reinaldo:
Meaningless post. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria

Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
plaindealer:
It's like the IRS asking me to file taxes as a business or business owner and I replied that I can't and shouldn't have to file taxes or pay taxes because I stopped running the business even though you are still on record as a business and your business is not officially dissolved according to the law. Den go levy heavy fines and even garnish my bank accounts to collect their money.

How ignorant can you people be with that lame and idiotic excuse about not running the business when in the eyes of the law you are still an active business?

Don't mind his idiotic followers
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by Henryfortune(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Guyman01:
Why paying taxes to UK if the company is not doing business and making money from there?
That is prudent management by knowing when to quit an unprofitable venture.

This struck off happened since 2021 and you are telling us in 2023 as breaking news undecided

If the business wasn't doing well as you said why not file for liquidation and close it ... Why keep running it and not declear tax ... Uk is not Nigeria... Where the rich milk both the people and the authority because of favoritism and corruption in high places
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by ImperialYoruba: 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Toneypen247:
Lol.

This is a freak explanation. You have lost it.

Lagos State Govt have similar problems with yanminri occupying illegal shops and shanties around town. They will send them notice 10times, they ignore it. But when bulldozer show up they will cry marginalization.

When Obi was governor, Fashola sent him notice two times alerting him to some citizens of Anambra that are homeless and walking around Lagos like retards. Obi ignored the courtesy messages.

Fashola deported the miscreants, then Obi rushed to Abuja to cry to Jonathan.

You people have no intelligence when it comes to orderliness and organization in civic space.

Charity begins at home. Obi has taken his deficiency in social etiquette to go disgrace himself abroad.

Freaks!
Re: UK Authorities Dissolve Peter Obi’s Company, Next International by freshvine(f): 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
plaindealer:

Typical villager..

You don't get to decide when or when not to pay taxes where you are still registered and on the books as a business, the authorities in that jurisdiction decide if you need to pay taxes or not and that was the reason why they asked the crook to tender his account details.

Sad to know that you olodo villagers are the future of biafra, with your collective low-grade mentality and poor understanding of everything under the sun, biafra is doomed and dead on arival..

grin grin

What an ignorant perception to a discourse way beyond your intellectual capacity. You ended up moronic in your assertions thus exhibiting ignorance for public mockery.

Company registers in any country are not tax collectors but they need you to file audited returns to keep their records straightened that such company is still in business. Failure which they delist the company pending when records are straightened and no individual or group have requested for delisted name to be registered.

The tax authorities in charge of corporate tax have not found NEXT INTERNATIONAL wanting in their records.

Your brazen and despicable attitude to tarnish the image of a honest Nigeria just for pecuniary benefits will someday consume you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement / Youths Hold Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party In Kachia, Kaduna (Pictures) / Dauda Adamu Kahutu "Rarara" Kidnapped By Gunmen In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.