Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms (34980 Views)

Godfrey Okoye University Bans Artificial Eyelashes, Fingernails, Tight Fittings / Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University / Kogi State University Orders Students To Rewrite Already Written Examinations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by treatise: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Alusiizizi(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
God1000:
I think I like the new stringent rules because our school campuses have become something else.

Though some degenerates will consider this new development as draconian and primitive.

Dressing half naked is wrong, no one is saying you should cover yourself from head to toe like Afghan women are subjected to, but respect your body and stop exposing private parts

Here is one of those degenerates right here, those that mistake decadence for "progress". First it was Anambra state, then Rivers, now we're on to Enugu state. Beautiful development if you ask me. After years of watching tiktokers and poorly trained half-adults trying to drag our society deeper into the shit-hole the time has finally come to say "we've had enough!!"

Killbillz:
This isn't right.. u are supposed to prepare them for the outside world and trying to control them this way is not the best option to achieve that. These are grown adults for chrissakes. Not encouraging indecent dressing or exposure but there are better ways to go about this than all these..
Faculty uniforms indeed
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by babajero(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Killbillz:
This isn't right.. u are supposed to prepare them for the outside world and trying to control them this way is not the best option to achieve that. These are grown adults for chrissakes. Not encouraging indecent dressing or exposure but there are better ways to go about this than all these..
Faculty uniforms indeed
Please what are the better ways?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by babajero(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
HardMirror:
Secondary school?
The picture of the "university" says it all.
Let buhari enforce uniform and haircut for all the citizens like in north Korea since nigerians like this type of news.

How is it your business how people dress? Dictator
I believe you are jobless, because if you are not I don't think you dressed up like a ruffian when you went for interviews, got a job or go for proposals.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by babajero(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
This attempt at stifling cultural liberalism should be condemned..
Whose culture is dressing up like hooligans and prostitutes?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
God1000:
I think I like the new stringent rules because our school campuses have become something else.

Though some degenerates will consider this new development as draconian and primitive.

Dressing half naked is wrong, no one is saying you should cover yourself from head to toe like Afghan women are subjected to, but respect your body and stop exposing private parts
True, but those degenerates will wail louder than a banshee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Winnin009: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
You’ll be repressed your whole life; up till tertiary institution.

One of the points of school is self expression. If you can’t express yourself while in school your whole life; it’s no wonder you can’t express yourself when you’re out in the society.

Besides; males here are animals. How does a lady’s dressing concern you if you’re not a pervert?

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by babajero(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
morikee:
Na Secondary School?
No be Adults again
Please tell me any firm, organizations or companies where their staffs dresses up like hooligans and prostitutes?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by blackboy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
Audio!! Unilag waged war against indecent dressing decades ago. So many schools even in the north have this faculty dress code which is good but e don't stop indecent dressing in campuses. I tour campuses from north to south. Its like the devil enter babes with the way they dress and behave. Guyz are not left out. The security at female hostel try to stop female students going out indecently. E no work. I dont know what the solution can be but this uniform ...
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Ayobeck(m): 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Advanced secondary school
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Orinechi: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
Killbillz:
Faculty uniforms indeed
Tell us the better ways
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by 910omokeyinwa: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
No more study on school BUT prostitutionNo more study on school BUT prostitution...
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by goldmatrix(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nice one.. Cut those chains on their legs
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by gloryman91: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
God1000:

That is what will be happening soon and our ladies will dress decently as ordained by God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by bluefilm: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2023
This is total bullshìt.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Franklydes(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
God1000:

you have sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Alpharey: 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Killbillz:
Faculty uniforms indeed

The better ways, pls analyse.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Alpharey: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Winnin009:
You’ll be repressed your whole life; up till tertiary institution.

One of the points of school is self expression. If you can’t express yourself while in school your whole life; it’s no wonder you can’t express yourself when you’re out in the society.

Besides; males here are animals. How does a lady’s dressing concern you if you’re not a pervert?

Exactly the way your senses react when you see money. grin
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by onuman: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

So, would you go to work in a factory wearing a singlet and jeans......or would you trust a factory making food items where the workers did not wear any uniform? ie protective gear.

Or if you owned a company, would you let your staff dress anyhow? Without codes?

Uniforms matter a lot.

You don't pay stipends to the students in your university.
You don't own the students in your university.
The university is the highest place of learning meant for adults who can make personal choices.
You don't need to diminish your university to be a glorified secondary school where under age people are mentored.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by CuteNbad(m): 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lionnation:
You can call these rules draconian but I think it's necessary at this time, what our children are turning to in campuses are something else I was at imo state university the other what I saw was a really brothel in day light no shame females are naked everywhere and people are moving as nothing is wrong
But If it's a school in the west now you'll say it's normal abi.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
sqlPAIN:
That's a different ball game. These are not soldiers or doctors, they are students, not yet doctors or soldiers. There's time for everything. A time will come when they'll grow past all those kind of dressing, it's part of a phase in human life.

How is it a different ball game? What is the essence of uniformity in the military? Why do medical students use lab coats in school even when they aren't doctors yet? Why do law students always where black and white despite not being lawyers yet? Why don't the administrators of faculties of law and medicine think that "There's time for everything. A time will come when they'll grow past all those kind of dressing, it's part of a phase in human life"?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by lexy2014: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
onuman:

The university is the highest place of learning meant for adults who can make personal choices.
You don't need to diminish your university to be a glorified secondary school where under age people are mentored.

Do law students wear black/white because they are being paid or because the University owns them?

Have faculties of law ceased to be places of learning because law students are asked to wear black and white or have their ability to make "personal choices" been revoked?

Have faculties of law and medicine become glorified secondary schools and have they diminished universities because they impose strict dress codes for their students?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
wolebest:

This is not the right way to go.

A University is not a secondary school.

University students are adults.

What is the right way to go?

Are law and medical students not adults? Abi na secondary school Dem de go?
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
onuman:

So, when they pay stipends , it is no longer Islamic influenced christianity.

Also, in many universities, there are some courses where uniforms and dress codes are necessary for practicals, and the like.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by onuman: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Do law students wear black/white because they are being paid or because the University owns them?

Have faculties of law ceased to be places of learning because law students are asked to wear black and white or have their ability to make "personal choices" been revoked?

Have faculties of law and medicine become glorified secondary schools and have they diminished universities because they impose strict dress codes for their students?

You mistake professional codes of dressing like white overalls in the lab, with blanket order to university students to wear certain type of clothing. Have you seen or heard of any university in Europe or America where university students wear uniform to classes? University and its codes for conduct started from Europe.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Sixfeetbelle: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
meobizy:
This is why I hate school. Educational institutions create zero individuality. “Our beauty is in our diversity” takes a back seat because they try molding humans into a one-style-only look. If somebody “does not know how to dress” in his/her mid teens, it is the individual’s fault — no one else’s.

I followed you.

You're still owing me a scrumptious looking cookie. That's why I'm following you.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by lexy2014: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
onuman:

You mistake professional codes of dressing like white overalls in the lab, with blanket order to university students to wear certain type of clothing. Have you seen or heard of any university in Europe or America where students wear uniform to classes? University and its codes for conduct started from Europe.

Far from the questions I asked.

Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by dontrulee: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
From school uniform to faculty uniform.
I remember I used to be very bold then, having gallas on my head to consultant ward round. grin grin
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by protem: 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
This is a most welcome development. The Federal and State governments should promulgate edicts or laws that ban our women folk from exposing their thighs and breasts. It demeans womanhood. This is necessary to stall off faciopsychosomatic assault on our male folks and reduce the incidence of rapes/gang rapes which which are rampant these days
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by purples25(f): 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
There is no real freedom. People may act like they aren't in your business, but they are. People like to control what other people wear and do. At every level.
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Here is one of those degenerates right here, those that mistake decadence for "progress". First it was Anambra state, then Rivers, now we're on to Enugu state. Beautiful development if you ask me. After years of watching tiktokers and poorly trained half-adults trying to drag our society deeper into the shit-hole the time has finally come to say "we've had enough!!"

It's ur ancestors that are degenerates... Adults should be free to express themselves how they deem fit so long as they harm no one and are not walking around naked. Y'all live to type trash but if we should take a closer look we would find out u can't even teach ur whoring sisters and the useless females and empty brained,jeans sagging, dirty boxers wearing boys in ur useless washed out family. Idiot!!!
Re: Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms by litaninja(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
The things nigerians focus on undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? / You Think You're Genius Solve This Problem / Buhari Appoints Prof Wushishi As NECO Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.