Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania (56615 Views)

Frozen Lake: A Trip To Lake Simcoe In Ontario ) Pictures) / Road Trip To Hamilton And Naigara Falls Ontario / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
P i c t u r e s . . .

I initially planned to get into the Ripley's Aquarium and CN Tower. When I saw the cost was beyond my pay grade, I changed my plans grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pictures...

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by onegig(m): 12:12am On Jan 17, 2023
Borgamaame:

Honestly, I did not have a lot of information at my reach (I guess a Google search could have changed things). Anyways, I was going to go for Enterprise until I chanced on Alamo. I was kinda weary of some 'non-popular' rental companies for fear of a bad experience. I have heard rumors about some unnecessary strict conditions some give and some cars that are not always in best shapes that some give. I think I went on Priceline or one of this travel agencies and found Alamo to be cheaper. I then reached them directly and switched at the last minute before committing. Did my background check and all. Next time, I will consider Turo. Thanks for sharing grin

Border passage was smooth, I'd say. They checked my documents and asked few questions - that was it. Both at the Niagara-Buffalo and Windsor-Detroit border. I guess I did not give them reasons to doubt my genuineness. Did not travel with cigarettes of alcohol and anything that could have caused a long wait at the border. I hear not everyone has smooth passages. Anyway, I'm thankful it was smooth on both days.

Yeah. I saw up to 110km/h on QEW I think. I was happy grin I think that's the closest to 70mi/h and of a truth, 100km/h is not bad. I liked it.

Looks like you're quite conversant with the terrain.
Nah not really conversant..Had maybe one or two trips on the CN end. Not accross borders though.

For the cars , yeah true . You don't want car issues on such a long trip. Better to be safe and go with something with good ratings and reviews.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to making a trip probably in August towards the Windsor-Detroit end God willing...

As for CN towers. Lol those prices are kinda pricey. $80 to see a tower and aquarium ? Nah thank you. I would pass. grin Not a fan of heights so which makes such fees much uninteresting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2023
onegig:

Nah not really conversant..Had maybe one or two trips on the CN end. Not accross borders though.

For the cars , yeah true . You don't want car issues on such a long trip. Better to be safe and go with something with good ratings and reviews.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to making a trip probably in August towards the Windsor-Detroit end God willing...

As for CN towers. Lol those prices are kinda pricey. $80 to see a tower and aquarium ? Nah thank you. I would pass. grin Not a fan of heights so which makes such fees much uninteresting.

Lol! grin
Those prices be over the roof. I don't mind heights. Not scared of them. If I happen to find myself near the CN tower in the near future, I don't mind doing a trip up there. I think the $80 plus cost covers lunch at the restaurant up there. I don't think it is exactly bad (again, one has to save up for it unless you want to walk back home) cheesy

I hope you achieve your windsor-detroit trip sooner than later. I didn't like there was no rest area on that route. It took us about 2hrs or a little more or less to get to one. Pretty annoying! But the Windsor Riverfront is so beautiful! Overlooking Detroit from Windsor is a lovely experience!

And yeah, about the cars, I was avoiding stories that touch the heart grin
I'll look into Turo next time.

Stay safe, stay warm wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Olalomi01: 2:48am On Jan 17, 2023
Borgamaame:

Lol... grin C'mon, be nice please. Show some love cheesy
This year, no violence please grin

cheesy cheesy just show Nigerians picture of light bulb in the abroad, and they immediately start cursing Nigeria and reminding you of how they've not seen light in 305 years in Nigeria and how everyone's hungry.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Allylic(f): 3:33am On Jan 17, 2023
Borgamaame:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it so far. Well, I didn't travel alone. If I was going to flying, I probably would have but I can't drive for so long. The max I have done at a go is 6hrs and 30mins or so. I don't have much experience with solo trips. It can be fun and you can achieve a lot more because you are in total control of your time and you don't get to worry about your other peeps unless you all agree that you will be solo.
I know traveling with one or two other people or even more can be a less expensive way to cover new grounds.
..ohhh sweet.....please keep updating us...we are enjoying the update.Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Sweetvie: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2023
Olalomi01:

cheesy cheesy just show Nigerians picture of light bulb in the abroad, and they immediately start cursing Nigeria and reminding you of how they've not seen light in 305 years in Nigeria and how everyone's hungry.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Geo4646: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
Borgamaame:
Hello Fam, sorry for the delay in transmission
Got caught up in a lot.

Well, after the Falls I headed to my hotel. The drive was about 1h 30m or so. Twas a pretty interesting drive.
On my way, I spotted an Indian Restaurant (Indian foods are really good! and I love their Mango lassi drink). Couldn't resist the temptation to branch plus my stomach was rumbling (I had eaten only waffle fries and spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A since morning).
Anyways, I ordered for rice some goat stew. I love curry stew, polak stew with lamb as the protein. Really nice meals I have tried.
7 Spice Bar and Masala Grill (At fairview Street) is the name of the Indian Restaurant and boy, the food was so filing that I had to takeout some. It was too much for one sitting grin
Plus their service was great! I recommend.

Pictures attached...

Which time I go enjoy like this.. God when!

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by NumeroUno7(m): 1:52am On Jan 20, 2023
Boss OP you no dey update again?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Seunblack7070: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Nice thread. I wish to do a road trip to Canada or Mexico soon

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 3:07am On Jan 21, 2023
Hello fam,
My sincere apologies for the late update. Been catching up some stuff lately but I won't miss a day going forward till I'm done. smiley

The Presto card is how I paid for the subway. You can add money to it. You know what I found interesting? When you tap on the card readers to get on the metro (after recharging your card), for the next two hours, you do not need to pay extra for the subway.
The other picture is what it looks like in one of the stations.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 3:08am On Jan 21, 2023
Geo4646:

Which time I go enjoy like this.. God when!

You can plan for it wink if enjoyment means going on a trip like this or a better one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 3:08am On Jan 21, 2023
NumeroUno7:
Boss OP you no dey update again?

My bad...still updating. cheesy
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 3:28am On Jan 21, 2023
Seunblack7070:

That's great! Hope you get to document your journey to encourage all of us on here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:00am On Jan 21, 2023
From the CN Tour/Ripley's Museum, I decided to go to Nathan Philips Square (where you find the popular Toronto sign). It is usually better at night. It was a 20min walk. But before getting to the Square, I did a quick stop at the Toronto City Hall. It's a historic site as well.

Pictures...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:07am On Jan 21, 2023
Wikipedia says the following about Old City Hall, Toronto:
"The Old City Hall is a Romanesque-style civic building and court house in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was the home of the Toronto City Council from 1899 to 1966 and remains one of the city's most prominent structures".

More pictures...

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:11am On Jan 21, 2023
More pictures...next stop is Nathan Philips Square, Toronto, ON.
It's about a 2-min walk from here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Zealoy(m): 7:07am On Jan 21, 2023
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Sweetvie: 7:22am On Jan 21, 2023
😍

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by NumeroUno7(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2023
Please let it be Canada so you give us pictorial illustrations
Seunblack7070:

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by NumeroUno7(m): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2023
See sweet sweet structures na chai.. OP I took note of a place you said many places in Ontario looks like Downtown (which is likened to the Maitaima and Banana Island in Nigeria) unlike the US.
Please are you saying, take away the US hype, that Canada is better structured with more beautiful places than USA?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Geo4646: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Borgamaame:

You can plan for it wink if enjoyment means going on a trip like this or a better one

Yes oo, I follow celebrate ur success ooo.. show ur boy love nah.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ednut1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
NumeroUno7:
See sweet sweet structures na chai.. OP I took note of a place you said many places in Ontario looks like Downtown (which is likened to the Maitaima and Banana Island in Nigeria) unlike the US.
Please are you saying, take away the US hype, that Canada is better structured with more beautiful places than USA?
Do not compare Canada to USA biko. The Usa is miles apart lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Realteeyee123(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
ednut1:

Just curious ednut1, which is better US or Canada?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Realteeyee123(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
ednut1:

When you say miles apart you mean Canada is better or?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ednut1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
Realteeyee123:

When you say miles apart you mean Canada is better or?
USA is better than Canada. But Canada is more immigration friendly, ease of getting papers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Realteeyee123(m): 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
ednut1:
USA is better than Canada. But Canada is more immigration friendly, ease of getting papers.

Interesting, well you right though but at least I don’t hear gunshots or get scared at certain neighborhoods at night or odd hours lol

14 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ZINNYBANKS: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
Borgamaame:
Hello fam,
My sincere apologies for the late update. Been catching up some stuff lately but I won't miss a day going forward till I'm done. smiley

The Presto card is how I paid for the subway. You can add money to it. You know what I found interesting? When you tap on the card readers to get on the metro (after recharging your card), for the next two hours, you do not need to pay extra for the subway.
The other picture is what it looks like in one of the stations.
Too much stress no dey oyinbo con3 na why dem dey live long nice trip op..

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by NumeroUno7(m): 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
When you say the USA is miles apart from Canada what do you mean? Asides economy which USA is obviously heads and shoulders above any country on earth, there's little to no difference between the US and Canada. Infrastructure, education etc.. I see the level of development and I don't see much difference.. If you are blindfolded and dropped suddenly in a street in Canada and your blindfold taken off, with someone telling you where you are is USA, I don't think you would doubt or argue. Same too if you are taken to Canada and you are told it is USA, you won't argue. This is cos both countries are similar so I don't know what you mean by miles apart.. Maybe in terms of military might and economy which wasn't what I was talking about in my previous comment
ednut1:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ednut1(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
NumeroUno7:
When you say the USA is miles apart from Canada what do you mean? Asides economy which USA is obviously heads and shoulders above any country on earth, there's little to no difference between the US and Canada. Infrastructure, education etc.. I see the level of development and I don't see much difference.. If you are blindfolded and dropped suddenly in a street in Canada and your blindfold taken off, with someone telling you where you are is USA, I don't think you would doubt or argue. Same too if you are taken to Canada and you are told it is USA, you won't argue. This is cos both countries are similar so I don't know what you mean by miles apart.. Maybe in terms of military might and economy which wasn't what I was talking about in my previous comment
true. I was talking about economy. Been to Niagra/buffalo too looked the same grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Adex2442: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Sweet thread

One day I will drop mine adventure too. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 12:54am On Jan 23, 2023
Zealoy:
It is well

Amen grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Story Of My Trip To Dubai / Best African Country To Migrate To / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.