Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania (56633 Views)

Frozen Lake: A Trip To Lake Simcoe In Ontario ) Pictures) / Road Trip To Hamilton And Naigara Falls Ontario / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
Greystone:

Beautiful pictures.
I absolutely love road trips.
Following this thread.

Thank you! I'm glad you like the pictures and following this thread.
Yeah, road trips are fun (if you like driving). It's even better if you have good company and have at least one person that can take you good pictures too tongue

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

This thread is delicious 🤗

Hahahahahaha...thank you

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
e no neat reach Lagos

Hehehehehe...right cheesy

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Srredkita(m): 11:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
I will be traveling to Canada next month. It a wonderful country. Japa mode activated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by dontbothermuch: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
My bro, it's disheartening that my own direct elderly bro wey l follow for back no dey reason me & he stays at Alberta Canada. All my messages, asking what I did wrong, he never replied . I did him no wrong. I am pained. I am in Nigeria & I love him & his family so much. I am sad.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Japastic: 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
I hope you didn't encounter any bandits or herdsmen attack on your way.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by t2luv1: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
How much is gasoline in Canada? By the way nice route instead of taking that boring London, Ontario route from Detroit. Toronto is beautiful though expensive from an American point of view.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ednut1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
ElSudani:

Better in what sense? Have you been to both countries?
U.S.A is obviously bigger in terms of population and the economy but that is where it ends.
i live in Canada , have you been to any of the countries angry

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gas - this was one among few things that threw me off upon arrival in Toronto, Ontario. In the US, gas was selling for $2.9 per gallon. So, when I saw prices like 141.9, it was not adding up in my head. It took some 'Googling' to understand that 141.9 was not 141.9 dollars but 141.9 cents and that was the price in liters.
Imagine how shocked I was at first before finding out grin

That's a picture of the pump and a random picture of a train track...when I was waiting for the yellow line (I think)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Greystone: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2023
Borgamaame:

Thank you! I'm glad you like the pictures and following this thread.
Yeah, road trips are fun (if you like driving). It's even better if you have good company and have at least one person that can take you good pictures too tongue

I hope you’re traveling with good company.
Tho traveling alone can be awesome as well.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by jaxxy(m): 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Borgamaame:
Hello Fam, sorry for the delay in transmission
Got caught up in a lot.

Well, after the Falls I headed to my hotel. The drive was about 1h 30m or so. Twas a pretty interesting drive.
On my way, I spotted an Indian Restaurant (Indian foods are really good! and I love their Mango lassi drink). Couldn't resist the temptation to branch plus my stomach was rumbling (I had eaten only waffle fries and spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A since morning).
Anyways, I ordered for rice some goat stew. I love curry stew, polak stew with lamb as the protein. Really nice meals I have tried.
7 Spice Bar and Masala Grill (At fairview Street) is the name of the Indian Restaurant and boy, the food was so filing that I had to takeout some. It was too much for one sitting grin
Plus their service was great! I recommend.

Pictures attached...

The meal was $18.99?

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Greystone: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Borgamaame:
Interesting story...this was my first time using chopsticks grin
I dare say I failed at the one and only assignment I had...to use chopsticks to eat Jajangmyeon. It was tough! I resisted the urge to use the fork and persevered till I finished lol.

Hope to try it again. As they say, practice makes perfect...

What sort of food is this?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Next stop...Brampton, Ontario for an unplanned visit to see family.

Didn't get to sightsee in Brampton...but I noticed it did not have a lot of high-rise buildings as Toronto. It looked like a simpler city that I judged was fairly more quiet than Toronto. Just like the US, you find some cities bubbling with activities and lots of magnificent structures while others are simpler.'

I think the drive from Toronto to Brampton was fairly 1hr.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
KalakutaRepub:
Queen of England was/is the Queen of Canada.

Right. I didn't understand the connection with the Queen until later. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by creekman(m): 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Everything na news 4 nairaland

quote author=Borgamaame post=119980680]Hello Nairaland Fam, hope you are recovering from the 'detty December'.
In the spirit of the new year, follow me on a road trip to Toronto, Ontario in Canada.

Itinerary: Columbus, Ohio - Niagara Falls - Toronto - Brampton - Windsor - Detroit (Michigan) - Columbus, Ohio - Penn State.

I happen to be in Ohio for a few days so I plan to take off from Columbus. The plan is to rent a car for three days (some options include Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, etc). I think I will settle for Alamo. Got a quote for a mid-size SUV for $345 (does not include insurance) as long as I return at the same location and time as I picked up. If I had opted in for 4 days, I would have been charged a weekly amount. But since it is less than four, I was charged a daily rate which when you add taxes and some other charges adds up to $345.
Gas (fuel): The car's tank will be full on pick up and I'm expected to return it full (except I pay about $54 or so...or a little more or less) and I will not have to worry about returning a full tank. Well, I opted in for returning a full tank.
Insurance: To avoid stories that touch the heart, I will use a rental car insurance company I found online to cover my trip. I will use Bonzah and I got a quote for about $37.

When I decided to embark on this trip, the first thing I did was to map out an itinerary (not necessarily all that will take place in Canada but how to get there by road). I used Google and found several US states that border different parts of Canada. For those in Detroit, Michigan and environs, you can get in through Windsor, Ontario. Those in New York and environs can get in through Buffalo, NY (through the Peace bridge). I think one of the states in New England (comprises Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc) borders Montreal, Quebec. Since Pennsylvania is somewhat closer to New York and I was in Ohio at the time, I decided to enter Canada through Buffalo, New York. The plan was to get to Niagara Falls in Ontario first before moving to Toronto. Google said the drive from John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) where I pick up my rental car to Niagara Falls in Ontario is approximately 5hrs 24m (352 miles). Kindly note that Ontario is a province while Toronto is a city. Then, from Niagara Falls to my Hotel in Toronto (Days Inn by Wyndham) is approximately 1hr 35 m (141km). U.S uses miles whereas Canada uses kilometers.

Immigration and Border: As long as you are not a U.S passport holder, you require a visa to enter Canada. When I applied, the turn around time was pretty decent. Thankfully, they no longer require covid-19 testing and quarantine as they did during the peak of the covid-19 pandemic. So, less worries.
Let's hit the road.

Pictures attached were taken at the CMH airport...the car rental section.

[/quote]
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2023
wayforward2grea:

How many hours drive from Pennsylvania to Canada?

I didn't drive from Penn State to Toronto smiley
I was in Columbus, Ohio at the time and took off from Columbus. But, I just checked Google Maps and it estimates a road trip from Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) - without a more definite location to Toronto, Ontario (Canada) to be 8hrs 9 mins. Of course, this could change due to traffic and it could change depending on your actual take off and arrival points.
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Japastic:
Why your tire no dirty.Before June, I go join you.

Lol grin I didn't take note of that.
Looking forward to your arrival. Safe travels cool
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
Reinamaria:

You should totally add minister GUC to your playlist. Omg!

Guess what, I'm currently listening to The Call (Chants). cool

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by KoolBigk(m): 12:11am On Jan 27, 2023
Canada is usually refers to as US wanna be smiley
It's nice over there as well but i don't see myself living in there. for me, i only enjoy visiting there from time to time.

Just like the OP, i've driven into Canada from Chicago severally. It's 7hours 30min drive from Chicago to Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2023
One day Insha Allah 📿

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ElSudani: 12:28am On Jan 27, 2023
ednut1:
i live in Canada , have you been to any of the countries angry

Yes, and I know all the places he mentioned in Ontario. You still didn't answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Celepope: 12:32am On Jan 27, 2023
ElSudani:

Better in what sense? Have you been to both countries?
U.S.A is obviously bigger in terms of population and the economy but that is where it ends.
Oga if you’ve not been to both countries or atleast live in one of them please keep your opinion to yourself. There are many reasons Canadians are moving to the US and I believe it’s not because of what an Okoro living in Nigeria that only hear sweet tales about Canada think. The US dwarfs Canada in almost everything except for lesser gun violence. I detest the way Nigerians overhype Canada.

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ElSudani: 12:42am On Jan 27, 2023
Celepope:

Oga if you’ve not been to both countries or atleast live in one of them please keep your opinion to yourself. There are many reasons Canadians are moving to the US and I believe it’s not because of what an Okoro living in Nigeria that only hear sweet tales about Canada think. The US dwarfs Canada in almost everything except for lesser gun violence. I detest the way Nigerians overhype Canada.

I know a few Americans who moved to Canada permanently. Yes, I've been to both countries. I have already mentioned the US population and the economy. The military also, which is probably not your concern as a new immigrant. So, what else?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by oloshun(m): 12:46am On Jan 27, 2023
OP, are you a US permanent resident?
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Celepope: 1:00am On Jan 27, 2023
ElSudani:

I know a few Americans who moved to Canada permanently. Yes, I've been to both countries. I have already mentioned the US population and the economy. The military also, which is probably not your concern as a new immigrant. So, what else?
Oga I can bet any money say you never step foot for any of the countries. If e sure you drop proof. Btw Did you just call me new immigrant? You must be Low budget Prof Pella (Fake Magician) to know that someone who’s been a US citizen for almost a decade is a new immigrant.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ElSudani: 1:03am On Jan 27, 2023
Celepope:

Oga I can bet any money say you never step foot for any of the countries. If e sure you drop proof. Btw Did you just call me new immigrant? You must be Low budget Prof Pella (Fake Magician) to know that someone who’s been a US citizen for almost a decade is a new immigrant.

Eeyaa, I know. I don't blame you. If the OP wasn't posting pictures you will probably think he is posting from some village in Nigeria.
Even the Brampton bus stop he posted, I know it. ( Bovaird/ Main) for those who knows Brampton. It is really a small world.

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ElSudani: 1:21am On Jan 27, 2023
Celepope:

US citizen for a decade! Wow, such a big deal. If you have never been to Canada then make use of your blue passport and travel. Stop saying things you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by miolad20(m): 1:28am On Jan 27, 2023
I enjoyed this thread. Well done OP. A roadtrip from Toronto to NYC is on my bucket list for sometime soon. Must be super nice in summer especially.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by lexy2014: 2:10am On Jan 27, 2023
Borgamaame:

I was surprised to see the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Way) and the picture of the Queen in some Canadian dollars.

In 1960, the British monarch was Nigeria's head of state and this saw us using British pounds with the face of queen Elizabeth. Presently, the British monarch is head of state to 15 countries called commonwealth realms. Canada is one of such countries

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Bordey: 2:19am On Jan 27, 2023

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by degreatestmusti: 2:23am On Jan 27, 2023
NumeroUno7:
When you say the USA is miles apart from Canada what do you mean? Asides economy which USA is obviously heads and shoulders above any country on earth, there's little to no difference between the US and Canada. Infrastructure, education etc.. I see the level of development and I don't see much difference.. If you are blindfolded and dropped suddenly in a street in Canada and your blindfold taken off, with someone telling you where you are is USA, I don't think you would doubt or argue. Same too if you are taken to Canada and you are told it is USA, you won't argue. This is cos both countries are similar so I don't know what you mean by miles apart.. Maybe in terms of military might and economy which wasn't what I was talking about in my previous comment

If you were blindfolded and dropped here in the winter especially yesterday, body go tell you say na Canada you dey.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by essentialone(m): 2:53am On Jan 27, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best African Country To Migrate To / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.