Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,052 members, 7,828,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania (56609 Views)

Frozen Lake: A Trip To Lake Simcoe In Ontario ) Pictures) / Road Trip To Hamilton And Naigara Falls Ontario / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:06am On Jan 27, 2023
websta:
Canada is a nice and beautiful place. I stay in Ontario, 3hrs away from New York. My family stays in the US but I choose Canada because I want peace of mind and a nice environment for my future kids.

Wow! That's interesting. I trust things are working out great for you and your family. Oh yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do. smiley
If you think and are convinced Canada is the best place for your kids, that's great.

Wish you all the best smiley

Hope you get to visit though...?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:08am On Jan 27, 2023
Pionner:

Nice thread Op.
Did you have to go to the Canadian embassy to get your visa?

Thank you. No, I didn't. I just gave a summary of what the process is like (two to three comments ago) grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:09am On Jan 27, 2023
BeanX:
Enjoy yourself man

Thank you. I'm a ma'am please. grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:10am On Jan 27, 2023
maziude:

Yep … 2 major border crossings around Montreal.

Saint Armand/Vermont—- fairly or less busy especially on weekends.
St Bernard /New York —- busy place

Thanks for taking time to share this information. I like that you can get into Montreal through New England. I don't mind doing a trip there. Well, good soup na money kill am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:12am On Jan 27, 2023
NwaliE01:
Love this journey experience. I will be visiting US & Canada this year immediately after my last school assessment for the year. I hope to update the Nairalanders as well. Nice job brother.

Thank you...I'm glad you find it interesting.
That's great to know. Congratulations and I hope you travel safely.

Please, update us...take lots of pictures, and try new dishes too wink

And please, I'm not male smiley
I know I didn't specify my gender.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by TWoods(m): 5:14am On Jan 27, 2023
NumeroUno7:
See sweet sweet structures na chai.. OP I took note of a place you said many places in Ontario looks like Downtown (which is likened to the Maitaima and Banana Island in Nigeria) unlike the US.
Please are you saying, take away the US hype, that Canada is better structured with more beautiful places than USA?

lol no way... the US is several times better. You'll find a Toronto in far more places in the US.

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:15am On Jan 27, 2023
rickleye:

Wow Ajala Travel !!!!
This is my backyard dude !
No way I am making that trip by myself though.
I got XMRadio so I listened to NFL playoffs along the road and called people every hour when bored.

Lol! I am not Ajala oo. Still learning work from the big people in the game.
XMRadio be saving lives... grin

I couldn't do it myself either. smiley
You're lucky you have people that are willing to stay on the phone with you

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:17am On Jan 27, 2023
TWoods:

lol no way... the US is several times better. You'll find a Toronto in far more places in the US.

Someone is spilling facts and shaking tables too grin
I think Canada is trying...give it to them. But it is unfair to compare the US to Canada. You could compare systems - healthcare, tax, etc. But the US stands out in some ways while Canada stands out in other ways.

Good to have you on here. grin

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:21am On Jan 27, 2023
Forgot to share these...pictures of some decor in Kimchi Korea House

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Qc1(m): 5:25am On Jan 27, 2023
ednut1:
Do not compare Canada to USA biko. The Usa is miles apart lol

I've lived in both countries for 3 dacades, for me tho, Canada is better to live but USA is better for adventures.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Bordey: 5:30am On Jan 27, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Qc1(m): 5:33am On Jan 27, 2023
NumeroUno7:
When you say the USA is miles apart from Canada what do you mean? Asides economy which USA is obviously heads and shoulders above any country on earth, there's little to no difference between the US and Canada. Infrastructure, education etc.. I see the level of development and I don't see much difference.. If you are blindfolded and dropped suddenly in a street in Canada and your blindfold taken off, with someone telling you where you are is USA, I don't think you would doubt or argue. Same too if you are taken to Canada and you are told it is USA, you won't argue. This is cos both countries are similar so I don't know what you mean by miles apart.. Maybe in terms of military might and economy which wasn't what I was talking about in my previous comment

If I'm blindfolded and drop in any city in either countries....I will watch people attitudes and body language immediately. Canadian are nicer and more friendly.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:33am On Jan 27, 2023
Bordey:

Oh thanks. That means the visa approval has nothing to do with the type of residency someone has in US right.

I guess so. I think what matters is that you have a valid stay in the USA for sometime and have not done anything to stain your records.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:34am On Jan 27, 2023
These monies feel like the 5-50 Naira polymer notes...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by okerekingsley90: 5:36am On Jan 27, 2023
Borgamaame:
Hello Fam, sorry for the delay in transmission
Got caught up in a lot.

Well, after the Falls I headed to my hotel. The drive was about 1h 30m or so. Twas a pretty interesting drive.
On my way, I spotted an Indian Restaurant (Indian foods are really good! and I love their Mango lassi drink). Couldn't resist the temptation to branch plus my stomach was rumbling (I had eaten only waffle fries and spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A since morning).
Anyways, I ordered for rice some goat stew. I love curry stew, polak stew with lamb as the protein. Really nice meals I have tried.
7 Spice Bar and Masala Grill (At fairview Street) is the name of the Indian Restaurant and boy, the food was so filing that I had to takeout some. It was too much for one sitting grin
Plus their service was great! I recommend.

Pictures attached...

Wow great 👍

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by ElSudani: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2023
Qc1:

I've lived in both countries for 3'dacades, for me tho, Canada is better to live but USA is better for adventures.

God bless you sir, this is what I was trying to tell Mr. Miles apart o.
U.S.A is a great country no doubt but like you said, there are areas in which I would take Canada over USA any day.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:40am On Jan 27, 2023
Next stop...Queen's Park.
Originally wanted to check out the University of Toronto environment but it was difficult to find parking, plus my maps were misbehaving. I resorted to looking around the park.

Pictures taken are enroute and around Queen's Park.
ROM in the picture is the Royal Ontario Museum. Time did not permit me to visit but I hope to be back sometime.

GREEKTOWN here is the largest Greek Neighborhood in North America (source: Wikipedia et al)

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Bordey: 5:44am On Jan 27, 2023
Borgamaame:

I guess so. I think what matters is that you have a valid stay in the USA for sometime and have not done anything to stain your records.
Oh. Thank you. Will apply by next month and see how it goes

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:45am On Jan 27, 2023
Queen's Park

According to Wikipedia, "Queen's Park is an urban park in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Opened in 1860 by Edward, Prince of Wales, it was named in honour of Queen Victoria. The park is the site of the Ontario Legislative Building, which houses the Legislative Assembly of Ontario".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by highoctane: 5:49am On Jan 27, 2023
You seems to be a smart liar, you did never made that journey within the period you mentioned, when winter temperatures within those regions falls below -0 degree C, Niagara fall was frozen.. most cities in US and Canada are on lock down due to heavy snow. May be the Marines plow the roads you took.
Stop whining the ignorants.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:50am On Jan 27, 2023
More pictures...'

These statues were put up to honor some important historical figures. It was pretty cold this morning and it snowed a bit. Couldn't spend so much time to ask questions or read the writings.

If you care to, I am sure there are several resources you can find online to learn from.

Can you identify any of these flags? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:51am On Jan 27, 2023
Bordey:

Oh. Thank you. Will apply by next month and see how it goes

Congratulations, in advance wink

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 5:56am On Jan 27, 2023
highoctane:
You seems to be a smart liar, you did never made that journey within the period you mentioned, when winter temperatures within those regions falls below -0 degree C, Niagara fall was frozen.. most cities in US and Canada are on lock down due to heavy snow. May be the Marines plow the roads you took.
Stop whining the ignorants.

I forgive you. grin
I'm kinda concerned about where you get your news from. You may want to double check to see if what you claim to be true is actually true. smiley
For the record, Niagara Fall wasn't frozen when I visited. I'll leave you to figure out when I visited wink

Yes, there were warnings and road closures in several US states and some cities in Canada. However, it lasted for a while.
When it snows, the freeways and major roads are usually cleared and salted by snow trucks. It is peoples jobs. Thought you should know.

Selah. grin

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by CICONTOP(m): 5:58am On Jan 27, 2023
I love this experience. There's no better way to learn than traveling. Hope to visit this Niagara Falls one day. I've read so much about it.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Neptunium(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2023
Borgamaame:
Queen's Park

According to Wikipedia, "Queen's Park is an urban park in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Opened in 1860 by Edward, Prince of Wales, it was named in honour of Queen Victoria. The park is the site of the Ontario Legislative Building, which houses the Legislative Assembly of Ontario".
You got these photos directly from Google

It snowed heavily yesterday in all these places you're posting too but there's no snow in the photos

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by highoctane: 6:02am On Jan 27, 2023
Borgamaame:

I forgive you. grin
I'm kinda concerned about where you get your news from. You may want to double check to see if what you claim to be true is actually true. smiley
For the record, Niagara Fall wasn't frozen when I visited. I'll leave you to figure out when I visited wink

Yes, there were warnings and road closures in several US states and some cities in Canada. However, it lasted for a while.
When it snows, the freeways and major roads are usually cleared and salted by snow trucks. It is peoples jobs. Thought you should know.

Selah. grin
Social media has been a soft place to run one's ego.
Why didn't you present some wintery pictures, none of the building has some cloth of small snow.
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Borgamaame: 6:10am On Jan 27, 2023
highoctane:

Social media has been a soft place to run one's ego.
Why didn't you present some wintery pictures, none of the building has some cloth of small snow.

I'm sorry if I did not deliver what you expected. grin
You may want to take some 'wintery' pictures and share for people to see too. What do you think? wink

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2023
Nice one bro, I have been trying to visit Canada, but work no allow Man. I had a chance to do that when I visited New York in December, but my buddy fall my hand...na flexing all through.

But when I will be on casual leave in February, I will enter Canada.
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by africantony: 6:18am On Jan 27, 2023
Your camera skill is very annoying , It looks as if you were cropping those pictures
Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by Qc1(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2023
Celepope:

Oga if you’ve not been to both countries or atleast live in one of them please keep your opinion to yourself. There are many reasons Canadians are moving to the US and I believe it’s not because of what an Okoro living in Nigeria that only hear sweet tales about Canada think. The US dwarfs Canada in almost everything except for lesser gun violence. I detest the way Nigerians overhype Canada.

If you truly live in either countries, you would have never said that. NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:51am On Jan 27, 2023
I mean don't you guys like how neat, serene and beautiful these place is?

Can't we replicate it in Nigeria?

I am not understanding abi did the Almighty create Nigerians and Canadians differently? Is the brain, flesh, soul, blood different? Is their own made of special element?

Elders please I plead with you to provide an answer to these questions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Story Of My Trip To Dubai / Best African Country To Migrate To / Which Country Can I Migrate To With 3.5M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.