Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview (19343 Views)

Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution / Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / After 400 Failed Job Applications, Veteran Army Finally Got 70 Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by BrodaAgbaya: 11:17am On Jan 13, 2023
I think you should modify your post and include your qualifications, from the thread you can see many people are interested in helping you. Just be careful though.

I also think you should broaden your scope and open your mind to think bigger, there are lots of opportunities than secretarial jobs.

Wish you the best in your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by LyfeJennings(m): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2023
play5050:
i have a contact of someone who can get u a contract job in a bank, if u are interested just send me a mail. am not promising u but i will get u the info while u follow it up yourself and i hope u have the basic qualification. which is national diploma.

THIS IS NOT AN ADVICE
NA DSA DEM GO USE AM FOR
60K SALARY WITH MAXIMUM STRESS
I WOULDN'T ADVISE OP TO TAKE THE JOB
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by proudly9ja(m): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2023
You writing style is unique.
Why don't you start by doing a 'diary of a job seeker' here on Nairaland then move to a blog as soon as you've gathered a following. Who knows what could come from that?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by ekenesamuel: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2023
Good day fellow nairaland. Any job vacancy for bsc Mathematics and ond accounting? I need a job.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by exalt2009: 11:21am On Jan 13, 2023
I was surprised everyone want to assist her.. Nigerian are good people.. Nobody care to know if she is native of which State...just want to help her... That is how it's should be when we want to vote on the coming up election...
What I will suggest is that maybe she can start a small scale business around her home.. if we can give her financial support to start baking and selling ...that is just my take

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by LyfeJennings(m): 11:24am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:
Good morning Nairalanders
I want to share my experience about the job interview I went for yesterday
Im into catering services but i just decided to look for a job at least to help me boost my income.

A friend of mine directed me to an office in Ojota where I collected a form of 3k with the hope that they will match me with a job.

Unfortunately for me we were about 35 candidate on queue looking for job and the directed me two different hotels , the first hotel is at the back of county hospital Aguda Ogba and on getting there the manager said they have employed kitchen attendant 2months ago and ask me to drop my CV.

The second hotel is around Akinyode Grammar School and the same issue happened again they have employed another person,and at a time I feel dejected but the most funniest part is that I have almost spent the money with me on transport because I'm based at Ketu Lagos..

I'm a type that doesn't know how to beg people for money after trekking for few distance i will wait at the bus stop to look at the conductors face and then plead egbon e Jo e help me and lol and behold I was able to get help from the conductors and this make me feel not all bus conductors are bad.

I got back home safe and I believe soon or later I will get a better job even without going through the stress I went through

Anyone with such experience while hunting for job.

The year was 2012 I think
Somewhere in Ikeja just before Allen roundabout
I went job hunting in this agency
so as I reach there
Everything was wrong
I just go downstairs with my last 500naira
buy cigarette 50naira and a bottle of Pepsi
I use the rest go house
felt terrible but 3 years later
I worked in a bank adjacent that same building and I was paid MILLIONS OF NAIRA
Guess what, the day I went for that interview, I mean the bank interview
I had just 500naira on me, which I already bought 100 ciga and 150 coke and 50coaster biscuit. after I got the offer, I was to go to the head office in V/I to pick my letter. there was no way 200 will take me to V/I from Allen but God made a way
Ma fo
God go reason ur matter soon
Just be calm
God go Jollof ur rice with plenty meat soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by LagosLMIS: 11:26am On Jan 13, 2023
The Lagos State Government is introducing a Labour Market Information System that will provide job seekers with up-to-date information on the skills that are in demand in the local labor market. We would like jobseekers (employed, unemployed, underemployed, freelancer) to fill in this survey via this link:

https://www.research.net/r/FXNXXJ8

Your participation in this survey will be very much appreciated and your responses will be kept confidential. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your input is greatly appreciated.

PS: Only Lagos State Residents should fill this survey.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by maasoap(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, those agencies collect money. The job seeker pays, so does the employer too. The agency is a middleman.

Fake agency collecting money from job seekers and sending them on to a wild goose chase. Lol.
Why would they be sending job seekers to hotels that had employed a worker two months ago?
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by bluefilm: 11:28am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:
Im into catering services but i just decided to look for a job at least to help me boost my income.

A friend of mine directed me to an office in Ojota where I collected a form of 3k with the hope that they will match me with a job.

Unfortunately for me we were about 35 candidate on queue looking for job and the directed me two different hotels , the first hotel is at the back of county hospital Aguda Ogba and on getting there the manager said they have employed kitchen attendant 2months ago and ask me to drop my CV.

The second hotel is around Akinyode Grammar School and the same issue happened again they have employed another person,and at a time I feel dejected but the most funniest part is that I have almost spent the money with me on transport because I'm based at Ketu Lagos..

I'm a type that doesn't know how to beg people for money after trekking for few distance i will wait at the bus stop to look at the conductors face and then plead egbon e Jo e help me and lol and behold I was able to get help from the conductors and this make me feel not all bus conductors are bad.

I got back home safe and I believe soon or later I will get a better job even without going through the stress I went through

So your 3K don waka just like dat?
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by lendahand(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:

if you can raise 50k even as loan, try baking meatpie or doing chin chin, having a certain profit in sight. You can rise on your own since you already got the knowledge
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by sync(f): 11:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Sorry about this.
May God wipe your tears and crown your efforts with all your heart desires

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by yaki84: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:

You have to be intentional and strategic about how you search for jobs.

Moreso you are being treated this way because you have skills that are not in high demand.

Up-skill yourself. Invest in yourself and make yourself impossible to ignore.
So catering isnt a skill that is in high demand?

Abi make everybody turn web developer....

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by nedekid: 11:35am On Jan 13, 2023
maasoap:

Fake agency collecting money from job seekers and sending them on to a wild goose chase. Lol.
Why would they be sending job seekers to hotels that had employed a worker two months ago?
See, what happens, if I need workers, eg, driver, house help, security, chefs etc they charge me 10k (not current with present charges). They also have a list of people eg the op, that have registered with them via the 3k payment. They send those people to me. I might employ or not. If I don't, they keep a record and direct that same person to other vacancies.
Depending on agreement, it does not even end there. The employment agent most times takes half of the first salary if the job hunter. Some are so mean they share salary for 3 months!
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by NaijaCover(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2023
Nawa o
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Mrklemo(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2023
That is how one agency headed by one dubious lady exploited me then in Abuja. She charged 3100 first b4 giving out 2 forms to be filled. She later sent me to Murg Plaza. Interview was by 11am but i left that place by 6pm...God i don suffer small for this life pls help me.
Should i talk about the salary?.... The agency woman told me earlier that salary will be 50k and that my first salary the agency will get 50%. After interview the madam of the company said she will pay 40k...Lol. I accepted sha.. So at the end of that month i was paid 20k....left the job after one month...
Months later the agency woman called again that there is another job somewhere that i should make sure i attend the interview the next day, she sent the invite talking to me authoritatively.... I clear her for phone once and for all... I warned her seriously never to to call my number again.. Unam ikot.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by fluffybaby(f): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2023
They scammed you guys. Imagine #3k multiplied by 35 everyday omo see moneeeey.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by olaitan1mongo: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Sorry for the stress. Please look out for any of these Microfinance banks, they recruit a lot. From adosser to ab, baobab etcAnd they pay well too....Sorry for the stress. Please look out for any of these Microfinance banks, they recruit a lot. From adosser to ab, baobab etcAnd they pay well too.......
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Ayamatanga0: 11:55am On Jan 13, 2023
NUJABEZ:
You write well and I'm looking for someone to help me with posting WordPress articles, full-time 6 months contract.

The office is located in Irawo, Owode, so just a stone throw from you.

If you're interested in the job, let me know.

contactify0@gmail.com

Sent you an email sir
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Doctortest: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2023
Okay you are a girl ‘ if to say u be man . Na confirm LOL
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by AutoConsult: 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2023
Curious345:
You see .

Can you drive town service? Ajah along?

We can get you a bus for 17k remittance daily
I can
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
bluefilm:

So your 3K don waka just like dat?
3k gone
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by faceLAGOS: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
LoveQuebec:
job of 100k monthly or 150k na u dey kill yourself when i make 29 Dollar per hour worked 5 days a week in a week in ur currency thats like 180k in a week then argue with ur calculator by the time u multiply in a month..
Better find ur way out of that shit hole called Nigeria

Can I pm you, please?
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
Send me an email.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by faceLAGOS: 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
exalt2009:
I was surprised everyone want to assist her.. Nigerian are good people.. Nobody care to know if she is native of which State...just want to help her... That is how it's should be when we want to vote on the coming up election...
What I will suggest is that maybe she can start a small scale business around her home.. if we can give her financial support to start baking and selling ...that is just my take

It’s because she’s a female.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by enonche85(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:
Any agency that tells you to pay them for so as to give you a job is a scam.

I've not seen any exceptions. They have their marketers go round the streets and write vacancies they have no links or contacts to and send you there knowing fully well you will not be hired.

Your and countless others have been taken advantage off.

Not all though. My friend got a job as the HR manager of Dana Pharmaceuticals in Minna through such agencies.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by afariogunone1(f): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
chimeremodlyn:

That's d spirit girl. A good job will come speedily. But maybe you need to tell us what kind of job you're looking for so that we can recommend to you instead of paying people money you don't have. Good luck dear

hmmmmmm
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Mrsoft3(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
Send me a pm
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Tunagee(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
JoshTim:
Sorry for the stress. Please look out for any of these Microfinance banks, they recruit a lot. From adosser to ab, baobab etc

And they pay well too....

Make dem turn am to marketer wey all their shoe go chop from waka waka all over lagos abi?
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
wellscon:
@ OP DM me. you can send your secretarial CV for an opening in my office.
Ok sir
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by JoshTim: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2023
Tunagee:

Make dem turn am to marketer wey all their shoe go chop from waka waka all over lagos abi?

Chai, you are misinformed.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2023
Abalado:
You didn't tell us how u eat,,didn't u buy pure water to drink,,? One stupid leader will be calling nigerian youth lazy,,God bless u my sister
This is funny
I only took soft drink with biscuits after the first attempt.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Tunagee(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
Originalsly:
Flakkypastries .... must you work for somebody? Lay's Potato Chips... a household name worldwide ... started just like you. He began at home ... sold to those around him ... and expanded. He was not out looking for jobs.... he did not start big. You have You Tube at your fingertips ... you have free advice available from people around the world on how to make the best pastries .... why not focus on improving your product and getting it out to the public? ... you only need one customer to begin with... your product is good... word of mouth shall be your advertiser. Or is it you be at home waiting for big contracts? No job will ever worth your time as much as if you spend that time on catering. Focus on putting your product on the market.

Nice. Best advice so far, in my opinion. Nobody go work for any slave driver again abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons / Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities / N-Power Extended To 31 Of August 2016. Photo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.