Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview (19347 Views)

Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution / Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / After 400 Failed Job Applications, Veteran Army Finally Got 70 Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by passionberry(f): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:
Good morning Nairalanders
I want to share my experience about the job interview I went for yesterday
Im into catering services but i just decided to look for a job at least to help me boost my income.

A friend of mine directed me to an office in Ojota where I collected a form of 3k with the hope that they will match me with a job.

Unfortunately for me we were about 35 candidate on queue looking for job and the directed me two different hotels , the first hotel is at the back of county hospital Aguda Ogba and on getting there the manager said they have employed kitchen attendant 2months ago and ask me to drop my CV.

The second hotel is around Akinyode Grammar School and the same issue happened again they have employed another person,and at a time I feel dejected but the most funniest part is that I have almost spent the money with me on transport because I'm based at Ketu Lagos..

I'm a type that doesn't know how to beg people for money after trekking for few distance i will wait at the bus stop to look at the conductors face and then plead egbon e Jo e help me and lol and behold I was able to get help from the conductors and this make me feel not all bus conductors are bad.

I got back home safe and I believe soon or later I will get a better job even without going through the stress I went through

Anyone with such experience while hunting for job.

Call me asap 07068450692
I have receptionist job for you but is at egbeda .

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by kcbaba007: 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
chimeremodlyn:

That's d spirit girl. A good job will come speedily. But maybe you need to tell us what kind of job you're looking for so that we can recommend to you instead of paying people money you don't have. Good luck dear

For a lady to try as much as possible to do things for herself and not look for men she'll sell her body to for money..... I'm impressed. Well dear, I want to encourage you by using myself as an example, before I got admission into a tertiary institution, just after secondary school, I started a business without a naira, and built that business, since then I have not looked back, I have never worked for anyone to earn salary, that was my decision and till date, I am an employer of labour, you already have something doing, try, create your brand and build it, add quality to your services, make it as affordable as possible ...... And sweet heart, the sky will be your launch pad. Believe me, you'll come back to thank me soon

I promise to patronise you, and also give you referrals
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by smart8956: 4:46am On Jan 14, 2023
cescky:
their scammers...
be very careful of these people..especially the ones that ask for money...this is how many have lost their lives...as you can see nairaland online, research these companies before you go out....forget your friend that paid and got a job, if you check closely what shes paid is peanuts...

no one got rich on salary...
all rich men are business people
The last part got me.
Anyways, people are looking for what to survive with,that's ladies business. No family man will look for hotel or secretary work now. As a lady, it's better than nothing.
I stop job application in 2019, i started something that took me a 2years to complete, and I employ 5, now we're 8 and I'm paying them very good without owing any staff. Looking forward to extend to 15 by end of the year. It's strictly IT job with my partners in USA, Italy, UK, Pakistan. You can download my work or follow me on Facebook. Drop me a DM I'll respond to you directly.

Meanwhile any one who want to learn coding can contact me, or download my work online. Follow me on Facebook "uconnect ict" . You can also download my source code for your projects (schools, bank,vtu project, news, entertainment, blogs, e-commerce or shopping stores like AliExpress, jumia etc.). I have source codes for your easy coding and I can teach you with video slides online if you have data bundles.

Follow this link;
✓ Facebook coding tips | projects| and more. Then Click on uconnect ICT
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0NXtHoPCJtUGtWV7bdhFRhbrWUxqsCDQfne1Wb8N4f4fCtZqK25hbSE6mK8bA2Q5Bl&id=100083296624920&mibextid=Nif5oz

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 5:42am On Jan 14, 2023
delpee:

It's a pleasure. Try to link up with event planners so you can have opportunities to supply food/snacks etc at events. You'll grow with good referrals.

I pray you experience divine favor and amazing grace to propel you to greater heights in 2023.

I'm female by the way. smiley

Thank you very much my sister
God bless you for this
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 5:44am On Jan 14, 2023
kcbaba007:

For a lady to try as much as possible to do things for herself and not look for men she'll sell her body to for money..... I'm impressed. Well dear, I want to encourage you by using myself as an example, before I got admission into a tertiary institution, just after secondary school, I started a business without a naira, and built that business, since then I have not looked back, I have never worked for anyone to earn salary, that was my decision and till date, I am an employer of labour, you already have something doing, try, create your brand and build it, add quality to your services, make it as affordable as possible ...... And sweet heart, the sky will be your launch pad. Believe me, you'll come back to thank me soon

I promise to patronise you, and also give you referrals
Thanks a lot sir
I'm moved by your words
Thanks for your word of encouragement
May God help me!!
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by SmartPolician: 8:18am On Jan 14, 2023
otipoju:
Any agency that tells you to pay them for so as to give you a job is a scam.

This is FALSE.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by otipoju(m): 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE.

If we had a good government to enforce laws, they would be arrested.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by SmartPolician: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
otipoju:

If we had a good government to enforce laws, they would be arrested.

I know agents who get a fraction of your first salary for helping you to get a job.

You fill out his forms, sign the contract and he does the rest.

You don't know it all, so say what you know.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by otipoju(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

I know agents who get a fraction of your first salary for helping you to get a job.

You fill out his forms, sign the contract and he does the rest.

You don't know it all, so say what you know.

That they do it and actually get you the job does not mean you have not been taken advantage of. One person gets the position 500 others pay for the same position but don't get it. If you don't see the racket then I can't help you.i did not even mention collecting your first pr part of your salaries.

I said pay to get a job. Of course agencies get paid for placing candidates. But to pay to land the job na big racket

10 positions open. 200 people pay 10k each for application. 10 get it, 190 do not. Their 10k na sara.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by kayyk(m): 4:14am On Jan 15, 2023
Pls help o. Business admin graduate 2.1. God bless u
Mrsoft3:
Send me a pm
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2023
gerizzim:
the op shared her job hunt experience through job agent and asked if any other person Hz experience such to share his/her story too. Nobody shared a gist. Nland guys begin form helper to get her a job. Its good anyway but

Is it her gender status that is the evoking the suppose help.? Or we kno read the story to understand wat she said

If na guy share his experience, him no go get helpers running out of their cocoon to form helper.

flakkypasteries, weldone.

Men Innately hate their fellow Men Generally. It is a Curse which was embedded in them from the Genesis.

The only way men would live peacefully together and love themselves is if the "Female Gender" are wiped off the face of Earth and A new means of Creation "Only Men" is deployed by our Creators and Designers.

Apart from them being the Carrier of Life which the Female Gender were created for. The Female Gender was Intentionally and purposely created to cause disunity and hatred among men. All the quest for power, lust, etc by men are solely done because of the Female Gender.

Our Creators and Designers knows exactly what they did and what they are doing. They are Just using Humans as game of reserve and chess Etcgrin
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Restaurant92: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
kayyk:
Pls help o. Business admin graduate 2.1. God bless u

send you CV to recruitment.restaurant92@gmail.com

There is a vacant position for a Storekeeper/inventory officer in VI.
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Buchis01(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
So bad you had to go through such stress and yet didn't get the job.

Try any of these links to get more insight. Who knows, you might be successful

Have You Been Thinking Of Relocation Lately?

These will prepare and guide you immensely in your relocation process

Canada Migration: https://oclocknews.com/how-to-migrate-to-canada-easily/

USA Visa Lottery: https://oclocknews.com/how-to-apply-for-usa-visa-lottery/

Canada Driver Job: https://oclocknews.com/jobs-as-a-truck-driver-in-canada-sponsored-visa/

Canada Student Visa: https://oclocknews.com/how-to-apply-for-student-visa-to-canada/

Canada Jobs: https://oclocknews.com/work-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-about-canada/

Canadian Jobs (WWP): https://oclocknews.com/jobs-you-can-do-without-a-work-permit-in-canada/

Canada Study Aid/Scholarships: https://oclocknews.com/study-in-canada-scholarships/

Easy Ways to Find Jobs in Toronto: https://oclocknews.com/in-6-easy-steps-learn-how-to-find-a-job-in-toronto/

Highest Paying Jobs in Canada: https://oclocknews.com/10-top-paying-jobs-in-canada/

Canada Scholarships: https://oclocknews.com/canadas-top-10-mba-scholarships/

Share with your friends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities / N-Power Extended To 31 Of August 2016. Photo: / Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.