Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? (14659 Views)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BenedictAbajue(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
Everyone is quoting from the old testament
There was a chapter where Jesus said something like A man is meant to have one wife and Moses only permitted polygamy to please men

'If you look at your brothers wife lustfully, you have committed adultery' - Jesus

So can a woman enter into a marriage with a polygamous man without looking at him lustfully?

'He who leaves his wife and marries another has committed adultery' - Jesus

You have not left your wife and you have already even married another
Is that not the height of lust?
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MrPresident1: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are switching the burden of
proof to me. You will still lose. I go and I know you know them already

Proverbs 5:15-19; Malachi 2:14-16

"Wife of thy youth" not wives of thy youth. Only "Wife".

Proverbs was written by Solomon, he had 700 wives and 300 concubines when he wrote 'wife of thy youth'. Malachi has to do with the relationship between the LORD and Israel.

You are lying
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

So if a woman go back to God, she will not experience any pain at child birth? So if a man go back to God, he will become comfortable in life without labouring like Adam? So if we go back to God, we will live on Earth forever?

This is deviation from post. You are going off topic. Raise a thread if you want to pursue this angle.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Polygamy is never a sin. If it were God would have condemned it.

Abraham, Moses, Jacob,David,Solomon, Muhammad and many Hindu Rishi's (Prophets and Sages) were all Polygamists. Are you saying God chooses Sinful people as heralds of His Message and patterns to emulate?

Polygamy is PERMISSIBLE. That does not mean it is a MUST. If you have the means and can abide by the Rule of Engagements l, all well and good..

The storied ISRAEL is a Product of Polygamy. Why did God bless it? The Twelve Sons of Jacob that became Israel were from FOUR WOMEN. All concurrently in Jacobs's house.

A lot only carry the Bible without knowing what it contains. They are like the proverbial Donkey laden with Gold and precious things but they know the value of what it bears.

Op, you are correct in your assertion.

Do you need God to condemn a thing to know if it is wrong or not?

Do you not already know what is wrong and what is right?

If your Oga refuses to pay you after working for him, do you wait for God to condemn him? And if God keeps silent, do you then say it is no wrong?

You already know wrong so whether God expressly condemns it or not, a wrong is a wrong.

Relying on God's non condemnation would not make a sin not a sin.

So that would not be of any profit
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
MrPresident1:

Proverbs was written by Solomon, he had 700 wives and 300 concubines when he wrote 'wife of thy youth'. Malachi has to do with the relationship between the LORD and Israel.

You are lying

Now you are the liar and this is a change of post for you asked "Show us where in the Bible where it is stated that polygamy is a sin"

And I have shown you and now instead of countering, you are mumbling rubbish and changing post to talk about your opinion of Solomon and Malachi, WHICH IS NOT THE ISSUE.

LOSER! TOLD YOU, YOU WOULD STILL LOSE DEVIL!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MrPresident1: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are the liar and this is a change of post for you asked "Show us where in the Bible where it is stated that polygamy is a sin"

And I have shown you and now instead of countering, you are mumbling rubbish and changing post to talk about your opinion of Solomon and Malachi, WHICH IS NOT THE ISSUE.

LOSER! TOLD YOU, YOU WOULD STILL LOSE DEVIL!

You are going to hell for twisting God's word. oloriburuku
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MikeofAfrica: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

Again another addition not in the Bible @ the bolded, wow.

O ga oo.

You need the Holy Spirit to interprete the Bible for you.
The reason why the serpent easily used Eve to get Adam is because Adam was not ruling his wife but was in equal partnership with her. Hence Eve was taking decisions in the Garden of Eden without the permission of Adam.

In Genesis 3:16, God gave man the power to rule over a woman. The man becomes the King of his family. To rule his home, he needs more than one wife because monogamy is base on equal partnership.

That is the Origin of polygamy. God created polygamy to give man authority over his wives.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You need the Holy Spirit to interprete the Bible for you.
The reason why the serpent easily used Eve to get Adam is because Adam was not ruling his wife but was in equal partnership with her. Hence Eve was taking decisions in the Garden of Eden without the permission of Adam.

In Genesis 3:16, God gave man the power to rule over a woman. The man becomes the King of his family. To rule his home, he needs more than one wife because monogamy is base on equal partnership.

That is the Origin of polygamy. God created polygamy to give man authority over his wives.

It is obvious you have nothing to say. So I move.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MikeofAfrica: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is deviation from post. You are going off topic. Raise a thread if you want to pursue this angle.

I am not deviating from the topic but comparing similar situations.

You said if we go back to God, then polygamy will be abolish.

Since God pronounced polygamy and pains during childbirth simultaneously in Genesis 3:16, does it now mean that if a woman goes back to God, pains during childbirth will be abolish in her life.

If it is mandatory for a woman to have pain during childbirth till today then polygamy is still valid before God till today because He pronounced those two curses on women simultaneously.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MikeofAfrica: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

It is obvious you have nothing to say. So I move.

The truth is bitter. Hence I understand your situation.
Have a nice day.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
MrPresident1:

You are going to hell for twisting God's word. oloriburuku

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser and when they can not argue, insult follows.

Loser! Lake of fire and eternal punishment is your inheritance. Stupid devil.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

The truth is bitter. Hence I understand your situation.
Have a nice day.

Lol, the truth that you added to the Bible is bitter of course. Hence why you should stick to truth.

I am having a nice day, thank you
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You said if we go back to God, then polygamy will be abolish.

The Bible says "return thou to God and thou shalt be built up" job 22:23

MikeofAfrica:

Since God pronounced polygamy and pains during childbirth simultaneously in Genesis 3:16,

You say polygamy is in Genesis 3:16? Are you mad? How can a judgement of punishment mean polygamy?

Did God appoint you to punish your wife? Men, you are mad o. See stretching.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by GodHimself: 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
Religion is a form of mental control.

losak9111:
BOOM �

POLYGAMY! POLYGAMY!! POLYGAMY!!!

You will all agree with me that one of the most controversial word in Christiandom today is POLYGAMY

Are you a religious scholar? a Pastor? a Theologian? a born again Christian?.......?

Please, feel free to constructively contribute, castigate, correct, admonishe, advice, preach........in accordance with the provisions of the Holy Bible (the word of God)

Before I go further, I will like you to have the following questions at the back of your minds.

1). Who was the first person to engage in the act of POLYGAMY according to the Bible?

2). Is POLYGAMY a sin in the Bible?

3). Did God in the Bible condemn POLYGAMY?

4). Those that according to the Bible engaged in POLYGAMY, are they in Hell?

5). What is the fate of the polygamous Children according to the Bible?

6). Is marriage a traditional act or religious act?

7). Why do Christians condemn POLYGAMY?

8. What are the effects of POLYGAMY in Christiandom?

9). Has God changed?

GEAR 1
Lamech was the first man to marry more than one wife, Gen 4:19

GEAR 2
Godly/Holy persons that engaged in POLYGAMY according to the Bible included Abdon, Judges 12:13-14; Abijah, 2 Chronicles 13-21; Abraham, Gen 16-1-3, Gen 25:1; Ahab, 1 kings 20:1-3;
Ahaseurus, Esther 1:9,
Ashur, 1 Chronicles 4:5,
Belshazzar, Daniel 5:2,
Ben-Hadad (who married Ahab's wives), Caleb, 1 Chronicles 2:18-19, David (had 8wives), 1 Samuel 18:27, 25:39, 25:42, 2 Samuel 3:5, 5:13, 12:7-8, 12:24.
Eliphaz, Gen 36:11-12.
Elkanah, 1 Samuel 1:1-2
Esau, Gen 26:34
Ezra, 4:17-18;
Gideon, Judges 8:30....and many more.

We had not fewer than 40 Godly and ungodly men that engaged in POLYGAMY from the Bible. Also, we had not less than 43 POLYGAMY cases from the Bible.

GEAR 3
Had God condemned POLYGAMY?
No! God NEVER did In all the POLYGAMY cases mentioned in the Bible, God did not condemn any axcept David who snatched Uriah's wife. God said to David ' in 2 Samuel 12:8; I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more." Why did God himself say so to David?

GEAR 4
Is POLYGAMY a sin?
Those that engage in POLYGAMY are they in hell?
Is Abraham in hell? (Luke 16:19-31)
Is Jacob in hell?
Is David, Solomon, Elkanah, Ezra.....@all, in hell?

GEAR 5
Does God permit POLYGAMY? The answer of course is Yes! In Genesis 21:10, God said If he (man) marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. In 2 Samuel 12:8. God Himself said to David ,"...I gave you your master Wives,. if you need more, I would have given you"

GEAR 6
What is the fate of the polygamous children? Condemned or
Favoured?
Why was Joseph, Samuel, Solomon.... Highly favoured?

GEAR 7
Before religion there was marriage.
Gen 1:26-28, Gen 2:18-25

The issue of Monogamy was purely the tradition of the western world whom were our religious colonial masters. In the land of the White, traditionally, rivalry is a taboo. But the Jews (Israelites) and the Edomites (the blacks) shares the same tradition. A widow is not allowed to be seen in the Street, but be remarried to their husbands relatives or friends, Gen 38.

GEAR 8
Why do Christians and the west now condemn the act of POLYGAMY?
The new testament may completely be the reason as it has responded almost seamlessly on POLYGAMY matters. The new testament talks about every aspect of Christian living except POLYGAMY. Mathew 19:3-9, Jesus spoke about God initial plan for man. He actually condemned divorce but did not mention POLYGAMY. Paul admonishment to Timothy on the act and how to elect Church leadership, just like the case of levites of old (Moses...), 1 Timothy 3. The point of contention here is, If there were no men with more than a wife in the Church, Paul Won't have mentioned it. Also in 1 Corinthians 7:39.

GEAR 9
Effects of POLYGAMY:
POLYGAMY has it merits and demerits in the society and Christiandom at large.

1). In the Society, the imMortality rate is high in the female folks compared to men. The number of girls birth rate is higher than that of men, and the number of men dead rate is higher than that of women. The number of widows keep increasing geometry adding up to the number of single women in the society.
This leads to increase of infidelity, adultery, fornication in the society compared to the days of our forefathers. So pathetic nowadays to see young single girls fighting with widows and women old to be their mum for the ownerships of a guy.

2). MONOGAMY has caused reduction in the population in the Christiandom. God says in Gen 1:28 'God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground'. But what do we have today? Christians going into family planning. The Israelites lived 430yrs only in Egypt, but Pharaoh became scared because of their rapid growth in population. I can't imagine that would happen if they were practicing Family planning Monogamy

3). There's increase in population of the youth. Very soon Our children, particularly daughters (that we are trying to protect today) will be used as sex slaves because monogamy would have denied them an opportunity to marry.
C.) There are millions of stranded women in the South and, may not likely get an husband forever because of argument against polygamy; whereas hardly can a women be stranded in the North; thanks to polygamy..

GEAR 10
Has God Changed?
God of Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, .....the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is the beginning and the end, the Alfa and Omega, He is the same yesterday, today and for ever; has not changed.

CONCLUSION
What is the way out?
Christians don't be "Paul when he was Saul'

Pastors, be careful what you preach on the pulpit about POLYGAMY as what you preach, instead of becoming light, rather, it is destroying Christianity

Hosea 4:6, 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

"Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

May the lord add blessing to this teaching... AMEN
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by JOemmy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
In the beginning God only created adam and eve not eves polygamy might actually be man's creation and not originally from God himself but still there's no recorded history of God condemning it and it's still not the original God's plan for human kind. So op why are you promoting and encouraging it for southerners? Go to Saudi Arabia and Isreal where islam and christainity originated from and see if the people living there are practicing polygamy if you are really educated u ought to have known the deadly consequences of population explosion without adequate arrangements and provisions to cater for them the current insurgency and banditry ravaging the core north today is largely due to uncontrolled birthrate due to polygamy.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by ayo2008: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
losak9111:
BOOM �

POLYGAMY! POLYGAMY!! POLYGAMY!!!

You will all agree with me that one of the most controversial word in Christiandom today is POLYGAMY

Are you a religious scholar? a Pastor? a Theologian? a born again Christian?.......?

Please, feel free to constructively contribute, castigate, correct, admonishe, advice, preach........in accordance with the provisions of the Holy Bible (the word of God)

Before I go further, I will like you to have the following questions at the back of your minds.

1). Who was the first person to engage in the act of POLYGAMY according to the Bible?

2). Is POLYGAMY a sin in the Bible?

3). Did God in the Bible condemn POLYGAMY?

4). Those that according to the Bible engaged in POLYGAMY, are they in Hell?

5). What is the fate of the polygamous Children according to the Bible?

6). Is marriage a traditional act or religious act?

7). Why do Christians condemn POLYGAMY?

8. What are the effects of POLYGAMY in Christiandom?

9). Has God changed?

GEAR 1
Lamech was the first man to marry more than one wife, Gen 4:19

GEAR 2
Godly/Holy persons that engaged in POLYGAMY according to the Bible included Abdon, Judges 12:13-14; Abijah, 2 Chronicles 13-21; Abraham, Gen 16-1-3, Gen 25:1; Ahab, 1 kings 20:1-3;
Ahaseurus, Esther 1:9,
Ashur, 1 Chronicles 4:5,
Belshazzar, Daniel 5:2,
Ben-Hadad (who married Ahab's wives), Caleb, 1 Chronicles 2:18-19, David (had 8wives), 1 Samuel 18:27, 25:39, 25:42, 2 Samuel 3:5, 5:13, 12:7-8, 12:24.
Eliphaz, Gen 36:11-12.
Elkanah, 1 Samuel 1:1-2
Esau, Gen 26:34
Ezra, 4:17-18;
Gideon, Judges 8:30....and many more.

We had not fewer than 40 Godly and ungodly men that engaged in POLYGAMY from the Bible. Also, we had not less than 43 POLYGAMY cases from the Bible.

GEAR 3
Had God condemned POLYGAMY?
No! God NEVER did In all the POLYGAMY cases mentioned in the Bible, God did not condemn any axcept David who snatched Uriah's wife. God said to David ' in 2 Samuel 12:8; I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more." Why did God himself say so to David?

GEAR 4
Is POLYGAMY a sin?
Those that engage in POLYGAMY are they in hell?
Is Abraham in hell? (Luke 16:19-31)
Is Jacob in hell?
Is David, Solomon, Elkanah, Ezra.....@all, in hell?

GEAR 5
Does God permit POLYGAMY? The answer of course is Yes! In Genesis 21:10, God said If he (man) marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. In 2 Samuel 12:8. God Himself said to David ,"...I gave you your master Wives,. if you need more, I would have given you"

GEAR 6
What is the fate of the polygamous children? Condemned or
Favoured?
Why was Joseph, Samuel, Solomon.... Highly favoured?

GEAR 7
Before religion there was marriage.
Gen 1:26-28, Gen 2:18-25

The issue of Monogamy was purely the tradition of the western world whom were our religious colonial masters. In the land of the White, traditionally, rivalry is a taboo. But the Jews (Israelites) and the Edomites (the blacks) shares the same tradition. A widow is not allowed to be seen in the Street, but be remarried to their husbands relatives or friends, Gen 38.

GEAR 8
Why do Christians and the west now condemn the act of POLYGAMY?
The new testament may completely be the reason as it has responded almost seamlessly on POLYGAMY matters. The new testament talks about every aspect of Christian living except POLYGAMY. Mathew 19:3-9, Jesus spoke about God initial plan for man. He actually condemned divorce but did not mention POLYGAMY. Paul admonishment to Timothy on the act and how to elect Church leadership, just like the case of levites of old (Moses...), 1 Timothy 3. The point of contention here is, If there were no men with more than a wife in the Church, Paul Won't have mentioned it. Also in 1 Corinthians 7:39.

GEAR 9
Effects of POLYGAMY:
POLYGAMY has it merits and demerits in the society and Christiandom at large.

1). In the Society, the imMortality rate is high in the female folks compared to men. The number of girls birth rate is higher than that of men, and the number of men dead rate is higher than that of women. The number of widows keep increasing geometry adding up to the number of single women in the society.
This leads to increase of infidelity, adultery, fornication in the society compared to the days of our forefathers. So pathetic nowadays to see young single girls fighting with widows and women old to be their mum for the ownerships of a guy.

2). MONOGAMY has caused reduction in the population in the Christiandom. God says in Gen 1:28 'God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground'. But what do we have today? Christians going into family planning. The Israelites lived 430yrs only in Egypt, but Pharaoh became scared because of their rapid growth in population. I can't imagine that would happen if they were practicing Family planning Monogamy

3). There's increase in population of the youth. Very soon Our children, particularly daughters (that we are trying to protect today) will be used as sex slaves because monogamy would have denied them an opportunity to marry.
C.) There are millions of stranded women in the South and, may not likely get an husband forever because of argument against polygamy; whereas hardly can a women be stranded in the North; thanks to polygamy..

GEAR 10
Has God Changed?
God of Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, .....the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is the beginning and the end, the Alfa and Omega, He is the same yesterday, today and for ever; has not changed.

CONCLUSION
What is the way out?
Christians don't be "Paul when he was Saul'

Pastors, be careful what you preach on the pulpit about POLYGAMY as what you preach, instead of becoming light, rather, it is destroying Christianity

Hosea 4:6, 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

"Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

May the lord add blessing to this teaching... AMEN

A polygamist will support Polygamy.

Do u know house wickedness prevalent in Africa country is because of polygamy, for example, the woman who is first wife with children will want her children to prosper more than the children of the second wife and vice versa.
Polygamy should be greatly condemned because it's demerits far out weigh the merits.
Also, the Bible (New testament) greatly condemned it.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by GreatAchiever1: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Is God not Holy?

Is God not Spirit? Therefore, Holy Spirit!

Did God judge Eve and leave Adam?

We are talking about God's Judgement and God will always judge the Ananias and Sapphira way.

What goes for the goose goes for the gander. Do unto others what you want done to you.

Thus, if it is a sin an adultery for your wife to take another husband so also is it a sin for a husband to take another wife.

Now I understand why there is so much injustice in the world. You people no longer know right judgement anymore.

It's truly time for God to wipe away this world.
Taking verse out of context to support your claim, interesting.
Well, to you it's completely wrong since its is against your conscience which is good.
I've seen many people use verse to support polygyny especially on 2 samuel 12:8, forgetting that king david married michail, Saul's daughter and him marrying saul wife, her mother(except if she's left out, I can't say) is a violation of leviticus 20:14. And there are those including you, who take verses out of context to be against polygyny.

Well in conclusion(I may one day do study on this topic), to me while polygyny is never recommended, it's permitted and as long as the parties involved are doing it in a clear conscience and done well(which is very rare, especially in these modern times when people are no longer even getting the monogamy right anymore), what can I say?

Stay Blessed.

1 Like

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

Do you not already know what is wrong and what is right?..

From the stupid questions we sometimes see in this nairaland it appears that people's bearings on right and wrong has scattered such that they call wrongs and evils "rights" and the rights they call, wrong, like the movie "suicide squad".

O this world should end I beg, let the devils follow Satan to their place whilst God Lovers follow God to His Place.

1 Like

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MikeofAfrica: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible says "return thou to God and thou shalt be built up" job 22:23

You say polygamy is in Genesis 3:16? Are you mad? How can a judgement of punishment mean polygamy?

Did God appoint you to punish your wife? Men, you are mad o. See stretching.

A wise father will not spare the rod while training his kids. You might see the floging of the kids with the rod as a punishment but it is necessary to get the best out of those kids.

Similarly, you might see polygamy as a punishment for women but it is necessary to get the best out of women.

Genesis 3:16 says that the desire of a woman shall now be for her husband.

In a monogamous marriage, a wife can deny her husband sex and use it to blackmail him until he becomes a SIMP.

In a polygamous marriage, the wives will be desiring and lobbying their husband to have sex with them according to Genesis 3:16. He will become a king and not a SIMP.

That is the prophesy of Isaiah in Isaiah 4 :1.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

From the stupid questions we sometimes see in this nairaland it appears that people's bearings on right and wrong has scattered such that they call wrongs and evils "rights" and the rights they call, wrong, like the movie "suicide squad".

O this world should end I beg, let the devils follow Satan to their place whilst God Lovers follow God to His Place.

I rather think bias and personal interest has coloured and tainted people's perception of right and wrong but they still know it.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

Do you not already know what is wrong and what is right?

If your Oga refuses to pay you after working for him, do you wait for God to condemn him? And if God keeps silent, do you then say it is no wrong?

You already know wrong so whether God expressly condemns it or not, a wrong is a wrong.

Relying on God's non condemnation would not make a sin not a sin.

So that would not be of any profit

God condemned Adultery and Fornication. He stipulates harsh and stiff punishment for both. I can show you from your Bible. But I am 100% sure that you can't show me the punishment for Polygamy and Polygamists.

In fact, God bless Polygamists! Israel ( the Nation that came out of Jacob Polygamous family is BLESSED According to you Mose Married TWO WIVES, Abraham had THREE, David had at least EIGHT and the Wise Solomon had THREE HUNDRED WIVES AND SEVEN HUNDRED CONCUBINES.

Please show me from the Bible where God Condemned These Polygamous tendencies and these Polygamists. If not, why not shush it and not put impediments in people's way for those who have the means and can abide by the Rules as set forth by Jehovah in the Bible?

Read your Bible, the rules are as clear as Daylight.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

I've seen many people use verse to support polygyny especially on 2 samuel 12:8

Only corrupt and filthy people think that this is verse is an opportunity to sin and cover their sin.

They fail to consider that God calls on all to be righteous and holy and He says do not commit adultery, then how can He give you someone elses wife?

Is that righteous? No. Would God order the doing of unrighteousnes? Never.

Therefore, that statement can never be construed to mean permission to commit adultery or fornication. It clearly means overcoming and victory and rulership.

And as is seen, the mere fact that Buhari is the king does not mean he has a right to take your wives. It's as simple as that

But sinners would always look for how they would justify their sins forgetting that it is not us men who shall throw them in the fire but God, The Judge!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

I rather think bias and personal interest has coloured and tainted people's perception of right and wrong but they still know it.

That is usually the influence that causes bad judgement and I hate the fact that with their lopsided and perverted judgements, which when it is turn in them, they cry and run away, they come arguing.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MrPresident1: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser and when they can not argue, insult follows.

Loser! Lake of fire and eternal punishment is your inheritance. Stupid devil.

You are going to hell
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MikeofAfrica: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
ayo2008:

A polygamist will support Polygamy.

Do u know house wickedness prevalent in Africa country is because of polygamy, for example, the woman who is first wife with children will want her children to prosper more than the children of the second wife and vice versa.
Polygamy should be greatly condemned because it's demerits far out weigh the merits.
Also, the Bible (New testament) greatly condemned it.

The argument that household wickedness is prevalent in polygamous homes is not true.

One of the biggest case of household conflict that I have seen in Nigeria is in the family of late FRA Williams. The Sons of the late legal sage who are from the same mother are still fighting till today over his properties.

The main reason for household wickedness is favorisim and not polygamy.

When a man loves one of his kids or wife more than the others, they will gang up against his favorite. It can happen in a monogamous or polygamous family .

Issac has two sons. He loved Esau more than Jacob while his wife loved Jacob more than Esau. That favorism led to household wickedness in Issac's monogamous family.

Jacob had four wives and twelve sons. He loved Rechel than his other wives. He also love Joseph than his other sons. That favorism led to household wickedness in his polygamous family.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

God condemned Adultery and Fornication. He stipulates harsh and stiff punishment for both. I can show you from your Bible. But I am 100% sure that you can't show me the punishment for Polygamy and Polygamists.

In fact, God bless Polygamists! Israel ( the Nation that came out of Jacob Polygamous family is BLESSED According to you Mose Married TWO WIVES, Abraham had THREE, David had at least EIGHT and the Wise Solomon had THREE HUNDRED WIVES AND SEVEN HUNDRED CONCUBINES.

Please show me from the Bible where God Condemned These Polygamous tendencies and these Polygamists. If not, why not shush it and not put impediments in people's way for those who have the means and can abide by the Rules as set forth by Jehovah in the Bible?

Read your Bible, the rules are as clear as Daylight.

You are only repeating yourself.

I was clear in that whether God condemns a thing or stays silent, it does not stop you from knowing that a thing is wrong or not.

So your trying to rely on non condemnation would not profit you just as your girlfriend/wife giving your hard earned money to another man she sleeps with, would not stop you from screaming wrong whether God condemns it or not.

If a thing is right, it is right of its own and if it is wrong it is wrong of its own whether anyone condemns it or not!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
MrPresident1:

You are going to hell

I have done no wrong in telling people to be faithful to their wife but if on judgement Day, God confirms and says it is one man one wife, YOU ARE GOING TO LAKE OF FIRE, LAND OF ETERNAL PUNISHMENT!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Genesis 3:16 says that the desire of a woman shall now be for her husband.

Is this not submission?

God did not appoint you to punish your wife only a child of Satan aka son of Belial does that. And all children of Belial are worthy of lake of Fire.

MikeofAfrica:

In a monogamous marriage, a wife can deny her husband sex and use it to blackmail him until he becomes a SIMP.

In a polygamous marriage, the wives will be desiring and lobbying their husband to have sex with them

In the end you prove all this argument is about fornication and covert adultery as I said.

Polygamy is just the covert pursuit of fornication using the cover of marriage
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by vdestro: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is usually the influence that causes bad judgement and I hate the fact that with their lopsided and perverted judgements, which when it is turn in them, they cry and run away, they come arguing.

That's the thing with a forum such as this, but I do hope that the right comes out for that is what I am here for.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

You are only repeating yourself.

I was clear in that whether God condemns a thing or stays silent, it does not stop you from knowing that a thing is wrong or not.

So your trying to rely on non condemnation would not profit you just as your girlfriend/wife giving your hard earned money to another man she sleeps with, would not stop you from screaming wrong whether God condemns it or not.

If a thing is right, it is right of its own and if it is wrong it is wrong of its own whether anyone condemns it or not!

Your analogy is not only childish but laughable too.

Whether you like it or not, Polygamy has been in practice from only God Himself knows. God's Prophets practiced it, it is still being practiced and it will continue to be practiced. It doesn't matter what you think or say or feel. To God is all our return.

I am only answering the Op. If Abraham, Moses, Jacob , David, Solomon are "sinners" because they are polygamists and are bound for hell fire, God abeg include me oo
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
vdestro:

That's the thing with a forum such as this, but I do hope that the right comes out for that is what I am here for.

Well it is their life and destruction.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by ayo2008: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

The argument that household wickedness is prevalent in polygamous homes is not true.

One of the biggest case of household conflict that I have seen in Nigeria is in the family of late FRA Williams. The Sons of the late legal sage who are from the same mother are still fighting till today over his properties.

The main reason for household wickedness is favorisim and not polygamy.

When a man loves one of his kids or wife more than the others, they will gang up against his favorite. It can happen in a monogamous or polygamous family .

Issac has two sons. He loved Esau more than Jacob while his wife loved Jacob more than Esau. That favorism led to household wickedness in Issac's monogamous family.

Jacob had four wives and twelve sons. He loved Rechel than his other wives. He also love Joseph than his other sons. That favorism led to household wickedness in his polygamous family.

In Nigeria settings, is true
Talk from life experience
Case closed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo Introduced Corruption Into The Church -primate Ayodele Slams OBJ / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) / What Are Your Reasons For Not Going To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.