Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? (14662 Views)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
Scarcity234:

Your first sentence though...

Was Jacob polygamous?
Did God condemn it??
Was David Polygamous?
Did God condemn him?
What about Solomon and others too?

God has never been against polygamy...and it's not a sin

Did you not hear that it is God Who possesses the Jurisdiction on Marriage and Divorce?

Did Jacob plan on marrying 2 wives? No! He did not.

From the end do you not see that God was obviously giving him Leah but he was making the mistake of pursuing
Rachel that he thought was his right and decision?

No reasonable person can judge that Jacob married 2 wives for clearly his unwavering intention was to marry Racheal and every fair Judge will arrive at this judgement.

David's torment began and increased after he cheated on Micah, (a princess o, people do not catch princeses but God gave a herdsman a princess. You think this will go unpunished? Never)

And you people are crazy to think that because God has not clearly said I hate polygamy you stupidly and destructively think He allows it.

Do you not already know beforehand that it is Wrong? Is it not The Law that don't do what you what would not like done to you".

Did God say killing was wrong when Cain killed Abel?

Did you not already know it was wrong then?

Or Sodom and Gomorrah, did they not already know that the things they did were evil even when God did not say anything?

You people just love death and you foolishly think you can explain your son to God.

Beware of God's Silence, it is still another type of destruction.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
Youngzedd:

The OP has given lots of instance. So God who gave David wives you abi pass am huh? Even with laws to protect the wives were made...

The op is only doing what fornicators, tithe thieves, gay people, tattooers do which an attempt to defend their sins.

Every time someone says that something is not a sin, it is always a sin.

And it is clearly shown that God punished David, so you can not justify your sins.

As Revelation said, "continue in your sins". Judgment Day go settle all.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
OBJECTIVITY4ALL:

Please, can you provide evidence in the bible that ploygamy is a SIN?
THANKS

You already know "Do unto others what you want them to do to you".

And you would never allow your wife to take another husband, so that one has already judged you
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Cain could have married one of his sisters, although this is debatable.

Which is why I say you have no proof that Cain married only one wife, supposing he even married at all for lack of choice.

Nothing debatable here for we are working with what the records show. And the record showed that cain could have taken more than one if he wanted but he didn't.

So you do not have any valid thing to say.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
bobestman:
counter what? I told you the truth, accept or reject.

Change of Post! I did not accuse you of lying, I said you could not counter. That's all.

[quote author=bobestman post=120291444
I don't waste my time with brainwashed churchians. What you ppl know in that bible is not up to 30%. I don't support polygamy but it is in your bible and their is a law that guides it. It is a thing of choice but know that if you break the law that guides it, you face consequences. God never condemn it. Is that too hard to understand [/quote]

"There is no valid argument against the Truth"

And I explained everything you raised up in the Bible and you could not counter it. That is all.

God did not say murder was evil when Cain murdered Abel but you knew it was. And it would appear as if God did not punish Cain.

So also for Sodom and Gommorah, God did not say anything.

Continue promoting evil, you will pay for it.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
Akuruoulo:

Plus quote where he disapproved polygamy and approves monogamy ?

Without quoting any verse , then rest assured u are writing nonsense out of ur feminist or simpish will

I already said "He created them male and female" not males and females nor male and females nor females and females.. so you truly have nothing to say.

So you people should do as the homosexuals do and don't bring God in your shit till judgement day.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Youngzedd(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The op is only doing what fornicators, tithe thieves, gay people, tattooers do which an attempt to defend their sins.

Every time someone says that something is not a sin, it is always a sin.

And it is clearly shown that God punished David, so you can not justify your sins.

As Revelation said, "continue in your sins". Judgment Day go settle all.

God punished David for taking another man's wife, not for having multiple wives and side chics.

Wait.... Are you a tithe collector?

Christ countered the devil with the scriptures. Op provided enough evidence, yet you couldn't counter with one, you were just there running up and down using your biase mind to enforce a doctrine that is not scriptural.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Youngzedd:

God punished David for taking another man's wife, not for having multiple wives and side chics.

God was not punishing David for taking another man's wife, He was punishing David because David don to do too much exactly how Sodom and Gomo did too much until God said it was enough and time for Him to act.

Which is why we say your cup don full!

The op did exactly what homosexuals and tatooers do all because they are not immediately destroyed.

A case of Ecclesiastes 8:11
Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

And you have fallen into this hole of destruction in taking for granted the goodness of The Lord in His being slow to anger.

So shall destruction come on all those who did not heed to Instruction.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Stupid mad muslim, The Law clearly states that God is The One Who Joins together and Who Separates and not you, men. And these men met God Directly, while you people do not even know Him not to talk of meeting Him. So go and die mad devil.

Werey Roaming Christian, will Jehovah send Abraham, Moses, Jacob, David and Solomon to hellfire for taking multiple women?

The same Jehovah that made Laws in case a Man take ANOTHER Woman.

Jehovah made a PROVISON in case a man decides to marry ANOTHER Woman yet you mad fellows are saying you know more than Jehovah.

Werey alling someone mad.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by losak9111(m): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
I think that is the reason you don't allow your congregation to ask questions during your school service sermon, brainwashed is the key
Dtruthspeaker:

God was not punishing David for taking another man's wife, He was punishing David because David don to do too much exactly how Sodom and Gomo did too much until God said it was enough and time for Him to act.

The op did exactly what homosexuals and tatooers do all because they are not immediately destroyed.

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

And you have fallen into this hole of destruction in taking for granted the goodness of The Lord in His being slow to anger.

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by bobestman(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post! I did not accuse you of lying, I said you could not counter. That's all.

I don't waste my time countering or argueing especially with deeply brainwashed churchians. My aim is to reverse the brainwash caused by religion. Accept or reject. I move.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Youngzedd(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are simply like your father as Christ said in John 8.

John 8:44-45
[44]For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
[45]So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me!

David was explicitly punished for taking another man's wife.

2 Samuel 12:1-12
[1]So the lord sent Nathan the prophet to tell David this story: “There were two men in a certain town. One was rich, and one was poor.
[2]The rich man owned a great many sheep and cattle.
[3]The poor man owned nothing but one little lamb he had bought. He raised that little lamb, and it grew up with his children. It ate from the man’s own plate and drank from his cup. He cuddled it in his arms like a baby daughter.
[4]One day a guest arrived at the home of the rich man. But instead of killing an animal from his own flock or herd, he took the poor man’s lamb and killed it and prepared it for his guest.”
[5]David was furious. “As surely as the lord lives,” he vowed, “any man who would do such a thing deserves to die!
[6]He must repay four lambs to the poor man for the one he stole and for having no pity.”
[7]Then Nathan said to David, “You are that man! The lord, the God of Israel, says: I anointed you king of Israel and saved you from the power of Saul.
[8]I gave you your master’s house and his wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more.
[9]Why, then, have you despised the word of the lord and done this horrible deed? For you have murdered Uriah the Hittite with the sword of the Ammonites and stolen his wife.
[10]From this time on, your family will live by the sword because you have despised me by taking Uriah’s wife to be your own.
[11]“This is what the lord says: Because of what you have done, I will cause your own household to rebel against you. I will give your wives to another man before your very eyes, and he will go to bed with them in public view.
[12]You did it secretly, but I will make this happen to you openly in the sight of all Israel.”

Someone like you isn't qualified to even be a cleaner in my church because you are suffering form religious trauma syndrome

BELIEF PERSEVERANCE:

Belief perseverance, also known as belief persistence, is the inability of people to change their own belief even upon receiving new information or facts that contradict or refute that belief. In other words, belief perseverance is the tendency of individuals to hold on to their beliefs even when they should not.

CONFIRMATION BIAS:
Confirmation bias occurs from the direct influence of desire on beliefs. When people would like a certain idea or concept to be true, they end up believing it to be true. They are motivated by wishful thinking. This error leads the individual to stop gathering information when the evidence gathered so far confirms the views or prejudices one would like to be true.

Once we have formed a view, we embrace information that confirms that view while ignoring, or rejecting, information that casts doubt on it. Confirmation bias suggests that we don’t perceive circumstances objectively. We pick out those bits of data that make us feel good because they confirm our prejudices. Thus, we may become prisoners of our assumptions. Source >> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/science-choice/201504/what-is-confirmation-bias%3famp
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18am On Jan 27, 2023
Youngzedd:
You are simply like your father as Christ said in John 8.

John 8:44-45
[44]For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does

Once we have formed a view, we embrace information that confirms that view while ignoring, or rejecting, information that casts doubt on it.

You are talking about yourself for I have done no evil in saying stick to one wife after this is expressly stated unlike you trying to use the darkness of God's long patience to tell others to join you in doing evil.

Ecclesiastes 8:11

He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul

Youngzedd:

David was explicitly punished for taking another man's wife.

2 Samuel 12:1-12
This is just the case that broke the camel's back". A case of you don too do and your cup don full today.

Which of us when we first read it, did not take note of David's sins as he was going?

Where we not expecting that he would be punished soon, at least, if not immediately then later?

So 2 Samuel is just the case that God took up that He would use to start dealing with David, as He did to Pharoah.

So because The Lord is slow to anger so you foolishly think you have permission to do evil, judgement day go shock you.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:41am On Jan 27, 2023
bobestman:
I don't waste my time countering or argueing especially with deeply brainwashed churchians. My aim is to reverse the brainwash caused by religion. Accept or reject. I move.

There is no valid argument against the Truth, so you must always reach a point where you can not counter if your assertion is false. That is what God has done in upholding Truth. All lies must fall!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:47am On Jan 27, 2023
losak9111:
I think that is the reason you don't allow your congregation to ask questions during your school service sermon, brainwashed is the key

I have been answering every reasonable question put to me so you are talking rubbish. And the Truth is you really did not have any thing to say other than to just come here and register your displeasure that I am spoiling your "coded fornication and coded pursuit of whorēs" thinking God does not see it and does not know your dirty corrupt sin fuelled minds
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:58am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Werey Roaming Christian, will Jehovah send Abraham, Moses, Jacob, David and Solomon to hellfire for taking multiple women?

I have already answered you.so you do not have any thing to say here

Lukuluku69:

The same Jehovah that made Laws in case a Man take ANOTHER Woman.

Jehovah made a PROVISON in case a man decides to marry ANOTHER Woman yet you mad fellows are saying you know more than Jehovah.

Werey alling someone mad.

Only a mad devil like you can not see that this is a case where God's Goodness shines brightly in protecting and providing for the weak.

For of course doing good and just is beyond the capability of you mad evil men as one your mad brothers has confessed.
https://www.nairaland.com/2051317/christians-why-dont-beat-wives#29002138
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by bobestman(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There is no valid argument against the Truth, so you must always reach a point where you can not counter if your assertion is false. That is what God has done in upholding Truth. All lies must fall!
precious knowledge is not given to brainwashed lots. They will counter, argue and finally trample it. It is a waste of time. I know the lies, errors in your religion and even their end.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already answered you.so you do not have any thing to say here

Only a mad devil like you can not see that this is a case where Gods Goodness shines brightly in protecting and providing for the weak.

For of course doing good and just is beyond the capability of you mad evil men as one your mad brothers has confessed.
https://www.nairaland.com/2051317/christians-why-dont-beat-wives#29002138

Wereydinho,

If Jehovah won't send Abraham, Moses and co to hellfire for being Polygamists why would he send anyone now when Jehovah himself made Lawas/Rules guiding Polygamy?

I know it is beyond you, so don't bother to answer it.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by bobestman(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Wereydinho,

If Jehovah won't send Abraham, Moses and co to hellfire for being Polygamists why would he send anyone now when Jehovah himself made Lawas/Rules guiding Polygamy?

it is beyond him. He just enjoy countering and argueing. He just don't want to be seen as a loser. The prophecy in isaiah 4 is very clear. He always run away from that. He can even twist it to another thing if he wants
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2023
bobestman:
it is beyond him. He just enjoy countering and argueing. He just don't want to be seen as a loser. The prophecy in isaiah 4 is very clear. He always run away from that. He can even twist it to another thing if he wants

Of course it is beyond him. Many Facts in the Bible are beyond him.

He is only "good" in abuses and insults and on that, I will give it to him.

He claimed to be a Lawyer, please ask him what are "Provisions" in Laws. The fact that Jehovah made a provision " if a man marries ANOTHER WIFE"..is enough ground for him to know that it is allowed?
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Wereydinho,

Unlike you mad people we study His judgements and so we know why they are not guilty of polygamy but you are.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22am On Jan 27, 2023
bobestman:
precious knowledge is not given to brainwashed lots. They will counter, argue and finally trample it. It is a waste of time. I know the lies, errors in your religion and even their end.

Your presentation is already invalid so there is nothing you can say about it That is how Truth stops all lies and liars. So you can have no case at all.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:22am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Unlike you mad people we study His judgements and so we know why they are not guilty of polygamy but you are.

Werey,

That means Yahweh is a "God" of Double Standard? Abi?

Keep wallowing is your hate induced ignorance.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2023
bobestman:

The prophecy in Isaiah only stated that women will clamour for men, IT DID NOT SAY THE MEN SHOULD TAKE AND MARRY THEM.

But every reasonable person knows only fools will be caught by them and devils would come out to say "marry as many as you want". ONLY DEVILS WILL COME TO SAY THAT!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Werey,

That means Yahweh is a "God" of Double Standard? Abi?

Keep wallowing is your hate induced ignorance.

If you were not mad I would have said go and study God's Laws and Judgements but unfortunately you are mad man so normal understanding can not be expected from you.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Of course it is beyond him. Many Facts in the Bible are beyond him.

He is only "good" in abuses and insults and on that, I will give it to him.

He claimed to be a Lawyer, please ask him what are "Provisions" in Laws. The fact that Jehovah made a provision " if a man marries ANOTHER WIFE"..is enough ground for him to know that it is allowed?

See if you were normal you would know what provision means and that that God's Law is the reason why courts order maintenance of the wife and children during divorce proceedings while still going ahead to punish the man for his adultery in the places where adultery is a crime.

This is known by every reasonable person but mad men are in the streets biting sticks rolling on the dirty ground.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

If you were not mad I would have said go and study God's Laws and Judgements but unfortunately you are mad man so normal understanding can not be expected from you.

Werey, God's Law say says " if a man marries ANOTHER WOMAN

It says " if a man have TWO WIVES.

Open your Bible a d read Oloriburuku somebody and leave European man-made Laws.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See if you were normal you would know what provision means and that that God's Law is the reason why courts order maintenance of the wife and children during divorce proceedings while still going ahead to punish the man for his adultery in the places where adultery is a crime.

This is known by every reasonable person but mad men are in the streets biting sticks rolling on the dirty ground.

Werey, stop twisting it. The Provision is to let the man to be FAIR to ALL women living under his roof.

The stupid European Provision are usually in cases of Divorce and Separation.

You are too dumb to understand the BASICS.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:59am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Werey, God's Law say says " if a man marries ANOTHER WOMAN

It says " if a man have TWO WIVES.

Open your Bible a d read Oloriburuku somebody and leave European man-made Laws.

Mad man, it is no different from "if you knock down a pedestrian while driving, stop and carry him/her to the nearest hospital"

And only a mad man like you would say therefore it means you can go about knocking down people while driving. Only a mad will think this way.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Werey, stop twisting it. The Provision is to let the man to be FAIR to ALL women living under his roof.

See how God has caught you and you have condemned yourself?

Is it fair to your wife to take another wife? No

Did she allow it? No!
?

So you see, you have already broken The Law of Fairness and therefore you are guilty already and your own mouth and word condemned you.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by bobestman(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The prophecy in Isaiah only stated that women will clamour for men, IT DID NOT SAY THE MEN SHOULD TAKE AND MARRY THEM.

But every reasonable person knows only fools will be caught by them and devils would come out to say "marry as many as want". ONLY DEVILS WILL COME TO SAY THAT!
who is the devil if not you. You can twist any reference to your taste. Many men will fall in the war in that verse. Few who remain will be given great honour and properties. Since the man is the head and can take up wives as he wants, many women will not be ashamed to become 1st or 2nd. He can take as he wishes. Don't argue with me when it comes to scripture. You read a bible the vatican had edited many times to their taste so they could control fools like you. I know things from the unaltered book. Go hide in shame
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2023
bobestman:
who is the devil if not you. You can twist any reference to your taste. Many men will fall in the war in that verse. Few who remain will be given great honour and properties. Since the man is the head and can take up wives as he wants, many women will not be ashamed to become 1st or 2nd. He can take as he wishes. Don't argue with me when it comes to scripture. You read a bible the vatican had edited many times to their taste so they could control fools like you. I know things from the unaltered book. Go hide in shame

You are the devil telling people to do that which something has already told them "don't do" and twisting the Bible to present the evil.

That prophecy did not say "marry the women" but here you are saying it.

So, devil marry all of them and let us have our peace, after all it will be your profit or loss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) / What Are Your Reasons For Not Going To Church Today? / Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.