Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. (33611 Views)

How To Create A Virtual Dollar Card For International Transaction / Exclusive: Like P&id, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas D / Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Dennisbulkan: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
player007:

I invested in it too.lost 400k+.
Thank God I didn’t borrow money to invest.
If this issue pushes him to suicide, you will blame yourself for not helping.
Don’t jeopardize your work because of him.
Help him the little way you can.
Shalom ��
it's when the tides goes out you can see who has been swimming naked. Muumu man grin
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Kajaard: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
He wants you to take a loan on behalf of he and his sharp tongued wife (according to you)?

How will you pay it back when he's satisfied his buddies in business? If he doesn't pay back, what happens to you? What do you think his wife would say?

Good questions to ask. If the op is wise he should know the right answer to these.

cc: kennybabs1980
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by zedegit: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Thank you Bros, he's a very naughty guy and his wife is not helping matter. Always minding high things. This woman once pushed him to buy a Mercedes-Benz GLK on a long payment plan, they almost lost the car to the dealer when they were not paying regularly until my younger brother in Canada had to help him out. The boy in Canada is not even picking his calls nor replying his messages now. This guy has always been the most problematic member of our family.

Another advice would be for them to start selling their belongings to raise at least 3 million including the glk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by phemmyfour: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:
My younger brother (half brother) and his wife believes so much in online investments. I called him and advised him seriously against such phantom businesses last year July but he didn't take my advise. His wife even insulted me at a time because of the advise.

At that time he was into a particular one called Kala. He collected money from people to the tune of N9.6million in the name of trying to help them invest in Kala. The investment went under and he is now using family members to pressurize me to assist him especially to secure a loan from a particular coop society I belong to so that he can pay off four of the people he help to invest who are seriously troubling his life with police and thugs.

I am not willing to do this under any condition. I have told him to sell off our late dad's landed property if he can get a buyer but people are offering peanuts and two of our sisters (his own full sibs) are insisting on getting their own share immediately it is sold, one even said she didn't send him on online investment. If he can get buyer for the property, I can help talk to our other siblings but these two, no way!

How can I help this stobborn brother without hurting myself?
The situation is hopeless, you LL get hurt standing for him in your cooperative. Allow him to learn from this foolish experience

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Chivadoski(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
OP try respond to ppl

Where is the land location?

How many plot ?

What are the estimated prices ?

Well I am interested, when you are ready you reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by zedegit: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:
His wife's family no dey give shishi. To be fair to the wife's family, I heard that the father in law, a secondary school vice principal also warned them against those stupid investments which they didn't heed. Where will a school vice-principal whose salary is not been paid regularly get such money? The wife is seriously avoiding me now because of her past mischievous attitudes to me. Very arrogant girl.

Warn those disturbing you sternly. People should mind their business. You've done your best. It's not as if he'll learn a lesson if you help him.

He didn't learn a lesson from the car loan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by yaki84: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
sisisioge:

Dont worry yourself too much. They are adults, they will find a way. Just continue to put them in your prayers and only do what is convenient for you to do. The problem isn't yours, it's entirely theirs.
Op dey try send them powerful prayer points...

Just tell them na ur own contribution wey u fit do.

Make them try observe theprayers at most 3hrs before them begin do morning runs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by toprealman: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:
My younger brother (half brother) and his wife believes so much in online investments. I called him and advised him seriously against such phantom businesses last year July but he didn't take my advise. His wife even insulted me at a time because of the advise.

At that time he was into a particular one called Kala. He collected money from people to the tune of N9.6million in the name of trying to help them invest in Kala. The investment went under and he is now using family members to pressurize me to assist him especially to secure a loan from a particular coop society I belong to so that he can pay off four of the people he help to invest who are seriously troubling his life with police and thugs.

I am not willing to do this under any condition. I have told him to sell off our late dad's landed property if he can get a buyer but people are offering peanuts and two of our sisters (his own full sibs) are insisting on getting their own share immediately it is sold, one even said she didn't send him on online investment. If he can get buyer for the property, I can help talk to our other siblings but these two, no way!

How can I help this stobborn brother without hurting myself?
Remind his wife about calling you an enemy of progress just because you were only trying to prevent the current mess they are in right now. Give them space and help from a distance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Thank you Bros, he's a very naughty guy and his wife is not helping matter. Always minding high things. This woman once pushed him to buy a Mercedes-Benz GLK on a long payment plan, they almost lost the car to the dealer when they were not paying regularly until my younger brother in Canada had to help him out. The boy in Canada is not even picking his calls nor replying his messages now. This guy has always been the most problematic member of our family.
Oga face your family and your own personal problem. Shey they no dey hear word, them go learn the had way now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Pharaohny: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Guess the wife will be his downfall she's the extravagant tyep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Qatar2022: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2023
riverbird:
Please help him if you have the resources, this days it takes nothing for someone to get killed over peanut sad
You must be father Abraham

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by loucbou: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
Dshocker:

Una don come again.

OP is complaining about his brother, you here you are, with similar business, trying to rip people.

On the contrary, this New global reserve company is paying
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by theamazonguru(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
If that your brother will learn, I guess this experience is meant to teach him the lesson he refused to learn long time again and to humble both himself and his wife.

My advice:
Please in all you do, don't abandon him. This is a very trying moment for him. Forget about his abusive wife, I am sure she is reeling in shame and trebling now.

Keep checking on him as I know he might go suicidal.

How do I know,I was once there.

I was very foolish to the point of investing all my salary month in month out on those useless PONZI schemes.
It was like the spirit e entered me just like a gambler. The moment I get any money I put it in one Ponzi or the other (MMM, TWINKAS, LOOPERS, MMMunited, wafo1, wafo2, Chicheno cooperatives, Swiss golden, and a whole lot I can't even remember) I know It must be UpTo about 100 different pomzi I partook of.
I lost quite a fortune.
I was battling for my life.
I got suicidal.
But thanks to God who used my darling wife to help me, not by giving me a dime but helping me maintain my sanity via moral support, home front management, me wey dey drop 100k fro chopping come dey drop 20-30k for about 2 years while the whole thing lasted.

Them I paid off the loan.

It was as if that was the factory brain resetting experience I needed.

Till date, when I hear of Ponzi or investment, I run like a mad man.
Even at that, I don't trust myself, so what I do per time is to find one good project to embark on. Because once spare money dey my account, I start thinking of investment. Which I know the outcome might not always be good.

So, that your brother will learn if he indeed is not sold out to the evil spirit behind this venture.

Once again, don't abandon him oh. Else hmmmmnn

Trust me, this is exactly what happens to most people we hear about commiting suicide.

I pray may God see him true.
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by KosiGee(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:

Stay away and let him handle and sort out himself. People like your brother never learn. He is the greedy and arrogant type. Make sure he didn’t sell your father’s land to pay off his debt. Why would he do that? I’m sure he troubled your dad when he was alive, he never listened to your dad, why would your dad be cleaning his mess from the grave. Let your brother be a man and deal with his issues.

His wife insulted and asked you to mind your business. Mind your business…his wife has relatives that will help them.

Stop worrying yourself about him. Go to that landed property and put a ‘This land is NOT for sale’ sign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by otomatic(m): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
You are baby sitting an adult. He will not learn anything by selling family property to bail himself out. Let him sell that GLK and his personal effects. That way, the loss of those things which are dear to him will teach him better.
As for that family property, everyone should share the proceeds. Anyone who wants to help him out of his or her own share should do so voluntarily.
If he sells family property now, what will he do in future? How about any sibling who may in future have issues? Won't that sibling feel cheated or entitled to selling another family property?
Your brother and his supportive wife should sort themselves out.
Don't even think of borrowing money to resolve this else it will be a constant reoccurrence.
Imagine! From car loan, to ponzi, to whatever new scheme they will come up with later. The wife is the one dreaming up all this nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by KosiGee(m): 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
People never learn. I was here years ago warning people about Ponzi schemes and the MMM. People abused me and all others trying to discourage others.

Let that brother deal with his issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by TheMostComplex1: 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
faithfull18:

Full stop, it's even in the Bible, Proverbs to be precise, only a fool will do that, it's not trying to help, it's foolishness.

Give him anything you can help him with but don't over stretch yourself or stand as a guarantor for him
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Barims(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kalamity Don set in grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by themes009(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
I warmed people about this Cala whatever, that company chop enough money here in Ph
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by ceejayluv(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
He should jakpa.... Help him settle down somewhere far and settle the debts from there...
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Dshocker(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
loucbou:

On the contrary, this New global reserve company is paying

Of course they all pay at the initial stage...

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Chizzychinny: 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
Help him with the one you have but never stand as shortee because he will pay for it. His wife that saw you as enemy of progress should look for a way to sort her family out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Goldbw122(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
KosiGee:
People never learn. I was here years ago warning people about Ponzi schemes and the MMM. People abused me and all others trying to discourage others.

Let that brother deal with his issues.
Too bad for them
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by dayleke: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
superCleanworks:
Fly wey no dey hear word.

Go follow corpse enter grave.... tongue

Abi no be so? cheesy
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Legitmenaija: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
kennybabs1980:

He should sell the car to offset his gbese.
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by dayleke: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mpcoll001:
which kain advice be this nítorí Ọlọhun grin grin grin

Ododo oro niyun o....

🙄
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by Enemyofpeace: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
Let him carry his cross by himself
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by nedekid: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
kenedyx:
He has to learn how to handle his finances. Only experience can teach him so let him bear his cross. You can be there for him in other ways in terms of advice and other more critical needs.

Let everyone have their equal share from proceeds of the land sale. Then anyone who wants to can assist him.

Your bro still has a lot to learn in terms of accountability and you have to stop petting him. You don't take people's monies and play Ponzi with it.

"Let everyone have their equal share from proceeds of the land sale. Then anyone who wants to can assist him"

Bravo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by zedegit: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
zedegit:

Another advice would be for them to start selling their belongings to raise at least 3 million including the glk.

kennybabs1980

Don't give him the above advice as he'll misunderstand you. He should advise himself by the time they knack him 2×2, the charm his wife used on him would clear from his eyes and he'll be delivered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by superCleanworks(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
dayleke:

Go follow corpse enter grave.... tongue

Abi no be so? cheesy

100%
Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by aktolly54(m): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
riverbird:
Please help him if you have the resources, this days it takes nothing for someone to get killed over peanut sad
help him after his wife insult him? The kind insult I go return for the wife before I help my brother (if I were op), the wife won't bother accept the help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is In Trouble Over Failed Online Business Transaction. by dayleke: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
UDOKABESTLUV:
Is Following The Thread

Nobody died yet....
And not really a tragic news/story.....
There still hope with d OP....

😛😁😆

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Week Earnings On Picoworker. (pic) / Crowd1 / Charles Ponzi: The Greatest Scam Artist In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.