Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times (21658 Views)

Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate / IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by maasoap(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
RuddyFusion:
I got my mind up since DAY 1 to vote
PO,
the INCOMING PRESIDENT

Typical of Nigerian voters, 99% of Nigerian voters are like you. We have made up our minds about our preferred candidates no matter what, it just baffles me whenever I see Zombiedients criticise others like they themselves don't operate with the same principle grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by goslowgoslow(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
McStoic:

So does it make any sense that he has to leave government to beg for a meagre 7 billion naira when he is worth hundreds of billions? How una dey take manage dey contradict unaself abeg? Na wa ooo ����
Lol again it seems you don't know how business men operates. I can have billions in my account and still beg. Business men uses other people's money to runs things so the risk will be on them. Is Dangote the owner of the billions he his using to build refinery despite being a billionaire?
By the way what billions does Obi worth? And you call 7 billion meagre! Seriously?
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Britishpea: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
Polchiz:

Fool!
If Obi committed any crime, why is EFCC keeping quiet?
A man that boasted of not stealing 1 kobo is moving around free without any immunity since 2015.
Is APC government afraid of Peter Obi?

Then Atiku and Tinubu are saints. Aren’t they?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Abudat(m): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

Same as Obi.
where is the evidence? grin
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by maasoap(m): 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
codedguy1:
grin grin

So if NEPA is always reminding you to pay your bill and you eventually pay and they leave your connection.

When you eventually don't pay after the usual warning or reminder and they eventually cut your light. How is that an offence?

Shebi the consequences of not paying the bill is the cutting of your light.

These urchin agbadorians and mikanonites are just desperate for bad news on PO and they keep exposing their stupidity publicly trying to find something bad.

They deregistered a company and so what? Did they claim he didn't pay tax/or he bridged any law.

What manner of urchins are these ones?

No crime committed. But why the lie that the company wasn't deregistered by Obi's handlers? May be just not to let Nigerians assume that Obi is a poor manager and incompetent of some sort. They are afraid that it will create bad and negative image of him. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Polchiz(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Mrmb:

Was the company located in Nigeria?
When it's not on the sovereign territory of the country why EFCC wan pursue am? The necessary authorities in charge over there have done the needful
Done which needful?
Obi committed a crime in UK and no arrest ?
He goes to UK all the time and his family lives in UK and yet no arrest?
He is even getting special invitation from British government.
If you urchins don't have a brain, please borrow one.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by emonis88: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
See this op o! A company that doesn't make profit, then u go n pay again to strike off d name from d register, wo I just ignore them ,when them no see anual returns them go strike the name commot by themselves, sho! go pay for wetin them go do eventually? I tire for all these people looking for something where there is nothing.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Polchiz(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Britishpea:

Then Atiku and Tinubu are saints. Aren’t they?

When you write articles about Atiku or Tinubu, we will respond accordingly.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by fellory: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
[quote author=ganisucks post=120053787]Will you guys give it a rest. This isn't doing any damage to Peter Obi. You can't compare this normal business occurrence to
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by buchilino(m): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Pakute:
Peter Obi has exported his lies to UK.. Obi is going to keep lying till he dies because the man that cursed him with lies has died long ago. Maybe a 40 day spiritual cleansing of his Baldhead could deliver him tho.

Two men were governors, Asiwaju Bola TINUBU in Lagos State and
Peter Obi in Anambra . Towards the end of their second term, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Lagos sent his retirement bill and got his House of Assembly to approve what you see below as his yearly pension.

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what Bola TINUBU gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.
12. No landed property
13. No trace of any form of corruption on him till date
14. He's still using his personal money to pay school fees for some children of the poor till date.

Now the two men want to be president.

So choose today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

(You can go and verify)
It got me thinking, still thinking! �

Make we take this message to our parents and relatives in our communities make them understand why we all must vote right this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Bennycollins: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

Therefore neither Tinubu nor Atiku is a thief.
At least Tinubu had been arraigned by the ICPC. In this dispensation he can't be exonerated cos he is one of the operators of the government.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by olabamijisamson: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Iròlabi Peter Obi
The Aturòta of Nigeria
Òkanlòmò Onifake Statistics of Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Golan007: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bennycollins:
At least Tinubu had been arraigned by the ICPC. In this dispensation he can't be exonerated cos he is one of the operators of the government.

He was discharged and acquitted.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Bennycollins: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

He was discharged and acquitted.

So how is he better than the one that was never arraigned or even petitioned?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Golan007: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bennycollins:
So how is he better than the one that was never arraigned or even petitioned?

If you are innocent you are innocent.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Timmi: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
SLAP44:
Peter Obi cleared this misinformation himself. According to Peter Obi, he dissolved Next UK , returned their citizenship which they had given him, and closed all his business interests in the UK as soon as he became a governor in Anambra state.

He said he had no businesses to pay any taxes to the UK government in 2020. Peter Obi is an uncommon Nigerian, clean as the mountain dew.

The facts shown otherwise:
He applied for UK citizen, was granted and he subsequently returned it. So it's not that they 'gave' him citizenship;
He didn't close down his UK business immediately he became governor. He resigned from the company a year into his governorship position while his wife ran the company for many years afterwards.

So learn to read and comprehend and stop being obizombie. You a mind of your own, exercise it for a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by truthfulnigeria: 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bro stop all these. At least for the sake of your Children if not for yourself.

I know you all were paid to be doing this, but it isn't a must to deliver. Tell your Oga you are tired of insulting yourselves online with fake accounts.

You guys foolishness is too obvious these days.
If you are confident Obi cannot win, why are you stressing the hell out of your life.
This guy is not your regular politician for god sake, so stop making mockery of yourself and your generation. Haba!

femisplash:

You are the biggest fool..Read the article carefully, since 2016, Obi has been doing wayo with UK Authorities.
If a man was law abiding for 40 years but in 1 year committed a criminal offense, he would definitely face the wrath of the law. Stop putting your brain inside Peter Obi's butt, he's a smooth criminal. If could not manage a small business transparently, he would be worse as President much as he was as Governor. God forbid him.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Imagine a president of a corrupt country like Nigeria having a company outside the country. That's what will be consuming our budget. Mba!
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Polchiz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
lansile:
Imagine a president of a corrupt country like Nigeria having a company outside the country. That's what will be consuming our budget. Mba!
This one didn't understand the topic.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by clevybrown(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
femisplash:

You are the biggest fool..Read the article carefully, since 2016, Obi has been doing wayo with UK Authorities.
If a man was law abiding for 40 years but in 1 year committed a criminal offense, he would definitely face the wrath of the law. Stop putting your brain inside Peter Obi's butt, he's a smooth criminal. If could not manage a small business transparently, he would be worse as President much as he was as Governor. God forbid him.
What exactly are u trying to make out of this propaganda?
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by JOemmy(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Why are these paid jornalists trying to make a desolution of obi's company an issue? Is it now a criminal offense to stop running ur company?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by ElSudani: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
jeffoe:
if a company is registered and has no business income for a year the government is aware of it but it still required to submit returns even of business inactivity. if a business has income in a year an does not file annual income then the government could investigate and prosecute for tax evasion as long as the the business was closed down and there was no criminal prosecution. I don't understand the reason for this news article it is just propaganda.

God bless you. I read what that guy wrote and I just shook my head. Some people just say things they don't know with such boldness.
How could a banker be oblivious of this simple fact.
Someone who is promising to change Nigeria but he wouldn’t file his tax returns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by naijapips04: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
SLAP44:
Peter Obi cleared this misinformation himself. According to Peter Obi, he dissolved Next UK , returned their citizenship which they had given him, and closed all his business interests in the UK as soon as he became a governor in Anambra state.

He said he had no businesses to pay any taxes to the UK government in 2020. Peter Obi is an uncommon Nigerian, clean as the mountain dew.

Well, he lied.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Throwback: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
For those who care to know, even if I see Peter Obi kill or rub someone in my present, I will still vote him because my mind is made up. After the election, I'll come back to treat his F-up!

This one's zombieism is high grade.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by jmoore(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
ElSudani:

God bless you. I read what that guy wrote and I just shook my head. Some people just say things they don't know with such boldness.
How could a banker be oblivious of this simple fact.
Someone who is promising to change Nigeria but he wouldn’t file his tax returns.
Annual returns is not Tax returns.
Annual return is not Tax returns
Annual return is not Tax returns.

Una go just open mouth WAAAA!!
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by koboko69: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Polchiz:

Fool!
If Obi committed any crime, why is EFCC keeping quiet?
A man that boasted of not stealing 1 kobo is moving around free without any immunity since 2015.
Is APC government afraid of Peter Obi?

You see how hypocritical and silly you sound?
Lets put your perspective to BAT.
You clowns have accused him of all manner of things, why is EFCC, NDLEA keeping quite too? BAT has not held any political office since he left office as a governor but you clowns manufacture all kinds of lies and propaganda and believe it. But even when premium times presents facts about a lie told by your messiah, it is propaganda and lies. Take several sits backwards my friends. You clowns are just too hypocritical for any sane Nigerian to engage with.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Bennycollins: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

If you are innocent you are innocent.
Not in Nigeria, because even the convicted have been released.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by ElSudani: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

Annual returns is not Tax returns.
Annual return is not Tax returns
Annual return is not Tax returns.

Una go just open mouth WAAAA!!

What is it then? Explain it to me. When you receive a notice from the government asking you to submit your returns for the year what are they asking you to do?
Are they trying to find out how much weight you gained the past year?
Abi how many bags of akpu you finished?
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Bennycollins: 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
koboko69:

You see how hypocritical and silly you sound?
Lets put your perspective to BAT.
You clowns have accused him of all manner of things, why is EFCC, NDLEA keeping quite too? BAT has not held any political office since he left office as a governor but you clowns manufacture all kinds of lies and propaganda and believe it. But even when premium times presents facts about a lie told by your messiah, it is propaganda and lies. Take several sits backwards my friends. You clowns are just too hypocritical for any sane Nigerian to engage with.
You want to see the APC govt prosecute Tinubu are you kidding me? Do you know what it means to be addressed as the national leader of a ruling political party, when the president is there? No you don't.
The INEC recently denied their own confirmed memo that they were going to look in the allegations against Tinubu, that is because there is a 'remote control'.
Make una no dey talk something's.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by Kaysalas(m): 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:
Olosho wey change location.
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by jmoore(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
ElSudani:

What is it then? Explain it to me. When you receive a nitice from the government asking you to submit your returns for the year what are they asking you to do?
Are they trying to find out how much weight you gained the past year?
Abi how many bags of akpu you finished?

Please, learn to be smart with your smartphone!!

An annual return is not A TAX. It is a yearly statement by an active registered business name or company which is meant to keep regulatory authority updated about the company's activities, composition, and its financial position

Go to Google and learn. So you don't embarrass yourself with ignorance.
Re: Peter Obi’s Campaign Lied About Dissolution Of Next UK - Premium Times by ElSudani: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

Please, learn to be smart with your smartphone!!

An annual return is not A TAX. It is a yearly statement by an active registered business name or company which is meant to keep regulatory authority updated about the company's activities, composition, and its financial position

Go to Google and learn. So you don't embarrass yourself with ignorance.

Don't be dumb. I file them myself. This is where you basically share your account with the government for the year for tax purposes. If you don't file them how would the government know what tax you need to pay.
If you didn't do any business throughout the year you still need to file a "zero" return.
Don't be brazenly ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Lagos-ogun Boundary Road Network And Old Otta Bridge / Primate Ayodele Warns Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, APC In New Prophecy / Wives Of Lawmakers Celebrate Valentine In Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.