Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? (2186 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says stupid dodging devil who fled his post and started running all over the place as soon as I attacked. Weak Stupid Devil,

LoLz! I guess you are daydreaming since I am right here. Not my fault that you can't understand simple English sentences. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! I guess you are daydreaming since I am right here. Not my fault that you can't understand simple English sentences. Bwahahahahaha!

See even now you are still darting about running all over the place, looking for a place to stand after all your stupid noise. Air is even heavier than you and obviously you have nothing valid to say. No Road!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See even now you are still darting about running all over the place, looking for a place to stand after all your stupid noise. Air is even heavier than you and obviously you have nothing valid to say. No Road!

LMFAO! Keep blubbering like the class clown while I watch you with a nice cool drink out here. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
LordReed:

LMFAO! Keep blubbering like the class clown while I watch you with a nice cool drink out here. Bwahahahahaha!

Obviously you have nothing valid to say. No Road!
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by MightySparrow: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

Good ! You have agreed that a change usually involve a conversion from initial state to final state. For an illustration, wheat flour is the initial state and the bread is the final state.

Now the second point : do you agree that for something to change, the time required for the existence of its initial state must have been completed or finished before its final state can begin to exist ?

For an illustration, if the wheat flour is the initial state and the bread is the final state, then the time required for the existence of that wheat flour must have been completed or finished before the bread can begin to exist.

Please do you agree ?

God introduced Himself to Moses as I AM WHO I AM (Exodus 3:14). This name of God signifies His eternal nature. That is to say God always was and always will remain the same without changing ;

“Even they will perish, but You endure;
And all of them will wear out like a garment;
Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. “But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end (Psalm 102:26-27)

But if you believe the phrase "I AM WHO I AM" implies God can change Himself to anything He likes, please bring a biblical evidence to support your view.

I will like you not to deviate from the passage you quoted in Malachi . If you read the preceding verses and those after, do they really support your transformation analysis? Be honest.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
MightySparrow:

I will like you not to deviate from the passage you quoted in Malachi . If you read the preceding verses and those after, do they really support your transformation analysis? Be honest.

I didn't use Malachi 3:6 to support my transformation analysis. I only use the verse to butress the fact that God's nature cannot be changed. Malachi 3:6 has nothing to do with my new analysis I started with you.

So let's proceed ; do you agree with the second point above ?

Again you are yet to bring a biblical evidence to support your assertion that "I AM WHO I AM" implies that God can choose whatever He want to be. You can see that I have given you my own evidence above (Psalm 102:26-27) that God always remain the same without changing.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Obviously you have nothing valid to say. No Road!

Bwahahahahahaha!

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by MightySparrow: 2:46am On Jan 18, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

I didn't use Malachi 3:6 to support my transformation analysis. I only use the verse to butress the fact that God's nature cannot be changed. Malachi 3:6 has nothing to do with my new analysis I started with you.

So let's proceed ; do you agree with the second point above ?

Again you are yet to bring a biblical evidence to support your assertion that "I AM WHO I AM" implies that God can choose whatever He want to be. You can see that I have given you my own evidence above (Psalm 102:26-27) that God always remain the same without changing.

I don't
The whole of Malachi ha a central theme of: offering,s service, tithes, tear of God and His principles.
Right?
Be honest
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21am On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahaha!

Proof you had nothing valid to say after all.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 6:08am On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Proof you had nothing valid to say after all.

Proof that I am laughing at the class clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29am On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Proof that I am laughing at the class clown. LoLz.

Because you made a fool of yourself in having nothing to say, so you have to open your mouth foolishly in disgrace which you want to twist deceptively that you are laughing. But e no work! You just dey fool yourself.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Because you made a fool of yourself in having nothing to say, so you have to open your mouth foolishly in disgrace which you want to twist deceptively that you are laughing. But e no work! You just dey fool yourself.

Clown making clown noise. LMFAO!

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

I don't

You don't agree with what ?

MightySparrow:

The whole of Malachi ha a central theme of: offering,s service, tithes, tear of God and His principles.
Right?
Be honest

Malachi 3:6 says For I am the Lord, I change not ; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God says ; I change not.

But if you think the verse doesn't imply that God cannot change His nature, then let us forget the Malachi passage.

Then what do you have to say regarding Psalm 102:26-27 which says ;

Even they will perish, but You endure;
Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. “But You are the same,
And Your years will not come to an end

Again I am asking you ; bring a biblical evidence to prove that God can change Himself to anything He likes
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by MightySparrow: 8:37am On Jan 18, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

You don't agree with what ?

Malachi 3:6 says For I am the Lord, I change not ; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God says ; I change not.

But if you think the verse doesn't imply that God cannot change His nature, then let us forget the Malachi passage.

Then what do you have to say regarding Psalm 102:26-27 which says ;

Even they will perish, but You endure;
And Your years will not come to an end

Again I am asking you ; bring a biblical evidence to prove that God can change Himself to anything He likes

Brother, be honest. Read through the book of Malachi. If you don't mind can we take it chapter by chapter and thereby draw a conclusion?
God is not talking about a change like ice to water to vapour.
The verse you picked is even only a part. You cannot build a doctrine around it.

Right?

He said in Exodus that 'I Am that I Am'

Be honest stay on the topic.

I still maintain the word honestly
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Abdulgaffar22: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Brother, be honest. Read through the book of Malachi. If you don't mind can we take it chapter by chapter and thereby draw a conclusion?
God is not talking about a change like ice to water to vapour.
The verse you picked is even only a part. You cannot build a doctrine around it.

Right?

He said in Exodus that 'I Am that I Am'

Be honest stay on the topic.

I still maintain the word honestly

I said I agree with you on Malachi passage. What else do you want ?

Say something about Psalm 102:26-27

Again, do you agree with my second point ? If no, tell me the reason

Finally, bring a biblical evidence to support your view that "I AM THAT I AM" implies that God can change Himself to anything He likes.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Clown making clown noise. LMFAO!

Says the disgraced devil who did not have any valid thing to say at the beginning. Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster no go save you.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

Say something about Psalm 102:26-27...

This Psalm is standing on verse 25 which is already telling us that David was respecting God's mightiness in that even though this our world would get old and die, God will still remain God and unchanged with unchanged meaning that God would still be God.

There is big dea here.

For clearly the passage means God would still be God at all times whether He travels to a far country or comes down to visit His toys called man. He is still God and would still be God.

A king does not stop being a king simply because He is not wearing His kingly attire.

Abdulgaffar22:

Finally, bring a biblical evidence to support your view that "I AM THAT I AM" implies that God can change Himself to anything He likes.

Go and search and see if you would Who Melchizedek is

Genesis 14/ Heb 7.

And Who do you think Abraham entertained Who were going to Sodom and Gomorrah? Genesis 18. And only 2 Angels out of the 3 of them reached Sodom and Gomorrah and we were told that God Said "He was going down to see if their report was True" Genesis 18:21

So you see God came, down as what? Verse 2 already told us the Answer.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by MightySparrow: 11:57am On Jan 18, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:

I said I agree with you on Malachi passage. What else do you want ?

Say something about Psalm 102:26-27

Again, do you agree with my second point ? If no, tell me the reason

Do you speak Hebrew or have any knowledge of Hebrew. You have to learn it to be an Old Testament scholar. So many people discuss here blindly without knowledge of what they are saying. We use interpretations to argue. You and I know that when translating from one language to another, you cannot be 100% accurate. These are not in Nigeria. For instance, what is fig or pomegranate in any Nigerian language? Yet we give them names in our local translations.

Just google the name and see explanations from biblical scholars. In Islam you have tasfir that explains every Quranic verse, sois it with Christianity, there commentaries and concordances, and word for word electronic and printed bibles with Greek and Hebrew word for word.

Just search the meaning on the internet.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the disgraced devil who did not have any valid thing to say at the beginning. Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster no go save you.

We can hear you clown no need to shout. LMAO!

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

We can hear you clown no need to shout. LMAO!

Says the disgraced devil who had nothing valid to say at the beginning, desperately trying to twist and get away by pursuing last worder Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the disgraced devil who had nothing valid to say at the beginning, desperately trying to twist and get away by pursuing last worder Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster

Keep blubbering clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Keep blubbering clown. LoLz.

Says the disgraced devil who had nothing valid to say at the beginning, desperately trying to twist and get away by pursuing last worder. Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster no go save you.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the disgraced devil who had nothing valid to say at the beginning, desperately trying to twist and get away by pursuing last worder. Your twisting no go work and pursuing last word poster no go save you.

Says the clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Says the clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Keep going clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
LordReed:

Keep going clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

LordReed:

Keep going clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
LordReed:
Keep going clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

LordReed:

Keep going clown. LoLz.

Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
LordReed:
Keep going clown. LoLz.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
MightySparrow:

Do you speak Hebrew or
Just google the name and see explanations from biblical scholars...

Classic lazy youth who relies on hearsay.

Those you call biblical scholars are still humans who do not have 2 heads. Therefore, whatever they can do, you can do to.
Re: Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

LordReed:

Keep going clown. LoLz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Uncut Truth about Tb Joshua prophecy of the Worldwide Protests? / Be Wise, Touch Not God's Anointed! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.