Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office (11753 Views)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Obahiagbon On Ameachi And Jonathan Political Tussle / Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 06, 2011
aribisala0:

it is only those of the ilk of the sundry irreverent and cantankerous iconoclasts that populate the auspicious medium that is nairaland that would strive to rubbish,ridicule or ride rougshod over the the hallowed reputation of that political Nimrod,nay the erudite,enlightened and illuminating patrick.

the noble edo squire noted for his constancy when the rabble railed and tergiversated. uncompromising in his forensic inquistion when halitotic liliputians cowered in hircine disarray and wallowed in the fetid mire that is the nigerian political landscape. sated and inured from their hyperphagic porcine gorging they acquiesced and applauded the politcal Indecency that corrupted,ravaged disparaged and devoured our patrimony but that great Cicero was not cowed, that true honourable; patrick ,found his voice and boomed against the morose,moribund and fulminating carbuncle that masked as a government.

indeed his voice shall resonate for centuries to come while the perplexed and inchoate brains that strovne for our discombobulation are extinguished and relegated to the obscurity that they deserve
na wa o, i don tired self undecided
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by holluwizzy: 2:03am On Sep 06, 2011
hmmmmmmm i am short of words, looking @ the grammars that has being said and people who want to belong to this way of like

uncle Jakumo & Obahiagbon whats ever the names are must have given the lecturers headache during there school days !!!!

and i am sure that this said people did not school at University of Ibadan and that is where we can find proffs with this attitude of grammar.
however, were did they get this words or theirs

coz people are trying are jesummed by the speach they make everytime .
and what school coz i will like to send fbi to investigate if people there are lunatics!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Myluv1: 2:11am On Sep 06, 2011
Ladies & Gents, I hereby introduce to you the distinguished Hon. Pat's Award for gymnosovic gyrations (no questions, pls).

Contenders so far- Jakumo, Ibime, Aribisala0.
Keep it coming tongue tongue
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by VUVUZELA10: 2:12am On Sep 06, 2011
Patrick versus Jakumo. Who is winner. Which one is chiko or Taiwan?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by aribisala0(m): 2:22am On Sep 06, 2011
only the vile and profane would seek to confound the emetic verbigeration that assails us as prose or as anything worthy of mention in the same discourse as the peerless obahiagbon. a true autochthon of Edoland not to be juxtaposed or confused wih the suppositious offspring of unknown and unknowable ancestry who seek to declaim or ostracize the honourable stalwart of the nigerian realm through innuendo or calumny.

the discerning nigerians know better. indeed they embrace with relish their duty to propagate and proliferate the profound wisdom that the sage espoused in that erstwhile hallowed but now defiled,deflowered and debased chamber. the timeless and humbling pronouncements of a great nigerian.

they will not stand,hands akimbo,gaze askew or hearing disabled while stunted runts seek to belittle,impugn or otherwise controvert our esteemed patrick. they shall not indulge or allow gratuitous maledictions or objurations .
nay they shall invoke an effluvium of imprecations and execrations on their heads
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by oge4real(f): 2:28am On Sep 06, 2011
you obviously have been a very good apprentice of Oga Patrick.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2011
i can bet my last card on it, Nigerians surpass even native English speakers in the art of eloqui-mesmerism (don't bother to check dictionary).  grin Patrick, jakumo and aribisal0 are my proofs.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Myluv1: 3:04am On Sep 06, 2011
Award tilting towards Aribisala0smiley but the floor is still much open for more contest. Grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 06, 2011
I vote this as the best nairaland thread ever. I believe ijakumo is presently preparing for a catastrophic and jugernautimatic comeback. I am tipping him as the winner of this contest.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by okadaman2: 3:20am On Sep 06, 2011
aribisala0:

it is only those of the ilk of the sundry irreverent and cantankerous iconoclasts that populate the auspicious medium that is nairaland that would strive to rubbish,ridicule or ride rougshod over the the hallowed reputation of that political Nimrod,nay the erudite,enlightened and illuminating patrick.

the noble edo squire noted for his constancy when the rabble railed and tergiversated. uncompromising in his forensic inquistion when halitotic liliputians cowered in hircine disarray and wallowed in the fetid mire that is the nigerian political landscape. sated and inured from their hyperphagic porcine gorging they acquiesced and applauded the politcal Indecency that corrupted,ravaged disparaged and devoured our patrimony but that great Cicero was not cowed, that true honourable; patrick ,found his voice and boomed against the morose,moribund and fulminating carbuncle that masked as a government.

indeed his voice shall resonate for centuries to come while the perplexed and inchoate brains that strove for our discombobulation are extinguished and relegated to the obscurity that they deserve

Epic phlegm!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by aribisala0(m): 3:54am On Sep 06, 2011
it is typical for nigerians to find plebeian titillation when momentous issues oof national concern are subjected to plenary scrutiny. quite why a tribute to our legislative luminary and unrivalled casuist,the great,the simple, the easily accessible obahiagbon should be cast as some sort of school ground rumpus or trivial joust renders me catatonic and nonplussed.

to suggest that there is any desire to engage in any undignified contest is inane and mischievous. nigerians should be grateful for the serendipitous events that let to the noble conception,uneventful gestation and parturition in our  austere and hostile climes of such a productive and prodigious individual. rather that engaging in uncouth and bestial taunting of the great illuminato

i exhort all those who have been disrespectful to retract and retrace their steps and show humility and contrition. to perform a supererogatory parody is to embark on an impolitic and doomed journey indeed it would be appropriate to genuflect literally on any occasion when the name of the sage is vocalized or intoned.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by asscend: 4:57am On Sep 06, 2011
Thatdave:

GRAMATICAL ASSIGNMENT FOR THE DAY

vacillation
vacuous
parametric
locus standii
Grammar Meister
snivelling
prognosticators
philosophical footing
transcendent relevance
shifting sands
intermittently reconstituted
ephemeral rip-tides
political compartmentalization.
bouts of wistful nostalgia
Golden Era of Enlightened Discourse
Linguistic Multidimensionality
fabled Grammar Meister
regaled
unrelenting bombardments
sanctimonious invective
pseudo-argumentative jousting
insightful banter
tautological extrapolation
ad-nauseum
ad-infinitum
nihil incarborendum illegitimii.

etc. . . //am sanctimoniously invectively tired!
Thatdave:

GRAMATICAL ASSIGNMENT FOR THE DAY

vacillation
vacuous
parametric
locus standii
Grammar Meister
snivelling
prognosticators
philosophical footing
transcendent relevance
shifting sands
intermittently reconstituted
ephemeral rip-tides
political compartmentalization.
bouts of wistful nostalgia
Golden Era of Enlightened Discourse
Linguistic Multidimensionality
fabled Grammar Meister
regaled
unrelenting bombardments
sanctimonious invective
pseudo-argumentative jousting
insightful banter
tautological extrapolation
ad-nauseum
ad-infinitum
nihil incarborendum illegitimii.

etc. . . //am sanctimoniously invectively tired!

This is good assingment. Even Queen's English can't comprehend this one.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by rasputinn(m): 5:14am On Sep 06, 2011
On no,not again

Rubbish
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by blacksta(m): 5:51am On Sep 06, 2011
The Papakorism and paraponisim of cataclysm is indubitably upon us.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Ilekokonit: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2011
You're a Military Adjutant
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by TheMan3: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2011
My head ohhhhhh!!!!!! see English!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by TheMan3: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2011
My head ohhhhhh!!!!!! see English!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by itiswell1(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2011
yungeorge:

Hon. Patrick, here you go again,i don miss like die and to the other guy, you are here by awarded as representative to Hon.patrick. For your undilluted grammatical expressional to the thread.

Funny grin grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by sley4life(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2011
I want to believe the reason he lost his seat to the house of assembly was his people didnt understand his manifesto. This dude has crammed the dictionary
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Basics007: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2011
Jakumo don scatter this thread.
@Ibime and Aribisala, una do well o!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by An0nimus: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2011
Ibime:

The quixotical musings of the venerable gentleman called Jakumo is laden with a cornucopia of verbose grammatical gems whose sole purpose is to obfuscate the message with an avalanche of indecipherable lexicon, in a manner which is congruous with the ethos promulgated by the avuncular Obahiagbon, whose verbal dexterity resonated so perspisaciously through the cacophany of uneventful jargon generated in the lower House of Assembly.

The mestasasis of copycats proliferating the world wide web with lame attempts to copy the inimicable and intransmutable form of expressionism espoused by Patrick Obahoiagbon has assumed critical mass, however I believe a  juxtaposition of Jakumo's prose against Obahiagbons would show any discerning reader that both characters are eiusdem generis. Onus probandi now lies on the honourable Jakumo to show that he is not Mr Obahiagbon as the eery similarity of both writers seems to suggest that Jakumo is simply the Nairaland nom de guerre for Mr Obahiagbon.
aribisala0:

it is typical for nigerians to find plebeian titillation when momentous issues oof national concern are subjected to plenary scrutiny. quite why a tribute to our legislative luminary and unrivalled casuist,the great,the simple, the easily accessible obahiagbon should be cast as some sort of school ground rumpus or trivial joust renders me catatonic and nonplussed.

to suggest that there is any desire to engage in any undignified contest is inane and mischievous. nigerians should be grateful for the serendipitous events that let to the noble conception,uneventful gestation and parturition in our  austere and hostile climes of such a productive and prodigious individual. rather that engaging in uncouth and bestial taunting of the great illuminato

i exhort all those who have been disrespectful to retract and retrace their steps and show humility and contrition. to perform a supererogatory parody is to embark on an impolitic and doomed journey indeed it would be appropriate to genuflect literally on any occasion when the name of the sage is vocalized or intoned.
if WAEC by mistake set this thing as exam,99.999% of Nigerian students go jus jack F.see grammar!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by isleman(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2011
Abeg speak what GEJ can understand.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by gidson12(m): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2011
where is Dede?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Myluv1: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2011
morufoye:

I vote this as the best nairaland thread ever. I believe ijakumo is presently preparing for a catastrophic and jugernautimatic comeback. I am tipping him as the winner of this contest.

For now, aribisala0 has the floor all to himself. cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by T8ksy(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2011
Geez, see my people with their misplaced priority.

Reminds one of Nero playing the fiddle whilst Rome burns.

The country is fast regressing before our very own eyes where in the midst of water the masses are dying of  thirst.

Meanwhile the best Patrick can do for his people is to blow grammar. what a buffoon!

How does that ameliorate the woes of the common man on the streets of 9ja? Na grammar hin go chop?

Or feed hin wife and pikins or dem go just laugh demselves to sleep on an empty stomach ?

Suffering & Smiling. indeed!!!

In the UK where english is their mother's tongue, i bet his family members wouldn't even vote for him let alone anyone in his constituency.

They will most likely tell him to STFU if he is unable to articulate a comprehensible solution to their present problem.

sheer case of colomentality. he speaks oyibo pass di englishman!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by splitnaija(m): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2011
Clowns in Government house (OBJ, IBB), clowns in the HOUSE (OBAHIAGBON etc,)

That's why Nigeria is in such a comic state at the moment.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Greenslim: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2011
ok
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by showstopa: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2011
The sad part is Patrick doesnt know he is a clown.Aribisola and Jakumo however do know .In my Opinion this tqo have done more for the country thatn the offical clown who was elected into the House of Represenattives. I sincerely loathe that guy.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Yum64: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2011
This goes to show that some people make good use of their dictionaries and thesaurus !
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Anvaller: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2011
Good creativity form these guys,

I feel the Ibime's composure more than others. When u want to rate such periphrasis with superimposition of vocabularies. You have to look very well how much are they adhering to grammar rules and how much sense it makes after all. Ibime put more message aross with concise expression while Aribisala concentrated more on superfluous use of vocabulary than being concise. (thats my own observation)

To ppl who were saying grammar, this can not be tagged as a display of grammar skill but a display of their rich vocabulary boxes. there is a difference between both. U could be good with vocabularies and bad with grammar an vice versa.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by abbeywasc(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
u guys remind me of Spiro Agnew, d vice prez to Nixon. So much grammar. Goes a long way in proving dt patrick aint d only one to do d big words thing.
To those who loathe patrick, dnt hate d man bt d game. Or can u tell of anyman in politics who's hand is nt soiled? Politics is a dirty game played by clean men wt dirty hands.
At least he provide free entertainment.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On GEJ's 100 Days In Office by Talking(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
MODERATORRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Ppl want to blow Nl with their grammatical gingoisms. angry angry angry angry angry angry Pls ban dem ASAP else, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! / Sen. T A Orji Denies Being Booed In Abia / I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.