Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? (34014 Views)

Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 2elliot: 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
omale88:
dont get it wrong,i understand, your point of view concerning this,but all those other coups didn't follow similar rythme as that of nzeogu,if you read history it was the first coup to happen in Nigeria,ironsi didn't have a hard time defeating nzeogu to regain control,as a matter of fact there was hardly any battle,and in the end nzeogu wasn't put in prison as it should be,he was walking as a free man,so many red flags hanging around,not to mention how he converted money given to him for a different purpose to arm his colleagues,also there was a controversial cartoon poster about the northern elites who where killed during the coupe one year after it happened which triggered mixed feelings,you cant talk about other coups with highlighting the first.the first of anything is the best reference because each that follows is an exact replica of the first,nzeogu thought our soldiers a bad thing and they followed same as festus okotie eboh thought our politicians corruption. i understand your pain,its not easy to be always reminded of a hurt or wrong you've done,but history exists so you can prove people wrong.
Try to read the real history. The coup failed because some of the soldiers had cold feet. They weren't as brutal as Nzeogwu. In fact, some of the soldiers pulled out when they were told that it would involve spilling of blood.
Again, why Ironsi found it difficult to prosecute Nzeogwu was because he Nzeogwu bargained for that before he accepted to relinguish the power he had in the northern region. Nzeogwu was disappointed when he got the information that the coup failed in Lagos, whereas he had already succeeded in the northern region. Fearing that he would be prosecuted, he planned to pull the northern region out since he held that power at that moment. So, he used that power to bargain with Ironsi for the freedom of his boys, and also asked that those who have been killed should receive compensation (to their families).

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by T9ksy(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Eleribu ni o! Olodo rapata ni o! Who mentioned Ademulegun?
I am talking about Maj. Adewale Adeomoyega who was Yoruba like us and was one of the coupists that killed politicians and officers. The only coupist that wrote a book about the coup.

You just open your dirty agbado-munching sandy mouth to talk nonsense.
I go use history lessons flog your urchin back tear for here. Werey to nbe bi oya. grin

Professor of history, can you tell us which politician/military officer did Ademoyega murdered on that fateful morning?

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by YeeboMuslim: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
2elliot:
First of, I am an ijaw man. Talking about death stats, many Nigerian soldiers died. In fact, over five of my uncles who fought on the side of Nigeria died in the war. One of them who was the most exposed and enlightened in the family was killed by Adekunle, a wicked Yoruba soldier. He was killed because he alerted those of my kinsmen and towns men who were sympathetic to the Biafra course, who were of course on the wanted list of the Nigerian soldiers. When the killing of the ijaw supporters of Biafra got to my place, and when the soldiers could not get the marked me, they accused my uncle. He was subsequently killed by Adekunle.
What I am telling you in essence that, a lot of people died even on the Nigerian side. And if you were wise, you will realise that all most all of those who fought and killed Biafrans are all dead. The remaining ones are on their way to the great beyond. Whichever way, nemesis have caught up with them. And again, the wanted killings and lack of justice in a supposed peace time have resulted in more deaths of Nigerians than the number of Biafrans killed during a war time.
Story grin cheesy
Ijaw kee you there!
If I hear say your head no flat make I bend grin

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 2elliot: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
christistruth01:

What are you saying

Gen Ironsi takeover of Power was completely unconstitutional

And he frustrated all the British Governments agreement with the FG

to send troops in case of any emergency like they did in Tanzania

and saved Nyerere from a Coup attempt
How did he frustrate the fg that no longer existed.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by christistruth01: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
2elliot:
How did he frustrate the fg that no longer existed.

Why didn’t Gen Ironsi support Dipcherima whom the rump Cabinet had elected as Acting Prime Minister

on the advice of the attorney General ?

Why did Ironsi then insist on taking over unconstitutionally?

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 2elliot: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
YeeboMuslim:

Story grin cheesy
Ijaw kee you there!
If I hear say your head no flat make I bend grin
That's me on my profile. I can give you my address too. Not everyone is as stupid as most of you all are. I blame my ijaw people for allowing themselves to be deceived. We have suffered more in one Nigeria than we ever did when we were with the Igbos. I am telling you all these as someone whose family land host Shell and our oil and gas are being used to sustain this fraud. The luck Nigeria has is because I am yet to find just one person who shares my ideas.

12 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 2elliot: 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
christistruth01:

Why didn’t Gen Ironsi support Dipcherima whom the rump Cabinet has elected as Acting Prime Minister

Look, I am the last person to argue for Ironsi. Just like I hate Adaka Boro for selling we the ijaws out for one Nigeria, it is the same way I hate Ironsi. Just maybe, if he had not come into the picture, things would have been different and better. If the coup had succeeded, and Awolowo was brought to power as some of them claimed was one of their intentions, then we wouldn't have gone on this road that leads to destruction.
If not that some of you like bringing up these stories, personally for me, they are bygone stories.

8 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Idiko1: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
T9ksy:

Professor of history, can you tell us which politician/military officer did Ademoyega murdered on that fateful morning?

Must a particular putschist kill someone in order to be honored as a member or even a ringleader of the group?

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Idiko1: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
christistruth01:

Why didn’t Gen Ironsi support Dipcherima whom the rump Cabinet has elected as Acting Prime Minister

With nonsense like the bolded, I wonder if certain folks who navigate to nairaland had what it takes to contribute. The government was not that of NPC therefore talk of rump cabinet amounts to delusion. The government under Abubakar Balewa was a coalition type between NPC and NCNC. NPC produced the Prime Minister while NCNC produced the ranking minister. In the absence of the Prime Minister, the ranking minister runs the show. NPC was like APC of today where fools take sway. Besides, Zanna Bukar Dipcharima was even a junior minister.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
2elliot:
Try to read the real history. The coup failed because some of the soldiers had cold feet. They weren't as brutal as Nzeogwu. In fact, some of the soldiers pulled out when they were told that it would involve spilling of blood.
Again, why Ironsi found it difficult to prosecute Nzeogwu was because he Nzeogwu bargained for that before he accepted to relinguish the power he had in the northern region. Nzeogwu was disappointed when he got the information that the coup failed in Lagos, whereas he had already succeeded in the northern region. Fearing that he would be prosecuted, he planned to pull the northern region out since he held that power at that moment. So, he used that power to bargain with Ironsi for the freedom of his boys, and also asked that those who have been killed should receive compensation (to their families).
what places did he hold power in the north?the nzeogu i know and read about isnt the type to capitulate of the blood of his fellows, he was was a daredevil,not afraid of danger,are you sure its same nzeogu we are talking about? if nzeogu had as much power as you have mentioned to fight the north he wouldn't hesitate judging with the kind of mind he has,even ojukwu was , careful with him to the point that when he freed him,he cut him off from military activities which he reported to Obasanjo before his death.somthing which looked like a blackmail,i show respect to soldiers dedicated to a cause,i wont disrespect nzeogu because he was on a different side,my point is this coup would never cease from nigeria history because its the first to happen, people hardly talked about the other coupes because they were not as well planned and ochestrated as the first and even gowon acknowledged that.nzeogu was a very tactical soldier,we all have learned something from the war so it doesn't repeat itself.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by gidgiddy: 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
christistruth01:

What are you saying

Gen Ironsi takeover of Power was completely unconstitutional

And he frustrated all the British Governments agreement with the FG

to send troops in case of any emergency like they did in Tanzania

and saved Nyerere from a Coup attempt

Your current President overthrew the democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari. It didnt stop you people electing and re-electing him

7 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by faceland: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
When they want to persecute, they say Deltains are Igbos... When it is time for opportunity, they start calling direction SS or SE.

Kaduna was a Kaduna-boy, he probably can't speak a word in Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:
According to the creator of this thread, he said:
"But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so."

A Coup that was masterminded, orchestrated and executed by key heartless people like ; Chukuwama Nzeogwu, Anuforo,Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Efeajuna, Humphrey Chukwuma, Don Okafor
Is what?

Is it a Fulani coup? Our problem in this country is when the truth is against our interest or affiliations, we always tend to see it as campaign of calumnies against us.

Truth should always be truth, irrespective of whether it favour us or not.

Na here them go see the comedians called "Jagaban soldiers". Then never sew babariga for you? grin
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Peterobifailed: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.Peter obi will never be the president of Nigeria

So, I want to know what changed… Kaduna Nzeogwu is from Okpanam in Delta State.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Elidrisy20: 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thunder scatter the mama wea born that bastard called kaduna & his cliques of bandits

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheChameleon: 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nzeogwu na igbo.

We no go vote igbo

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by afrodoc2: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?

No the coup was an Itsekiri coup. grin

Ifeajuna, Onwuatuegwu, Okafor, Chukwuma, Anuforo, Nwobosi are typical Itsekiri names. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by makavalley(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Emeka, IGBO can never rule this our beautiful Country.

Quote me anywhere.

And they keep doing better in business both at home and abroad, in business administration management they're first in Africa and you think the suffering will end with this mentality?
You think if the Igbo's are not in this country this your phone and electronics you're using will get to your hand like that? You think other tribes will understand the market strategy like the Igbo man does?

7 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tiswell(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:
"But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so."

A Coup that was masterminded, orchestrated and executed by key heartless people like ; Chukuwama Nzeogwu, Anuforo,Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Efeajuna, Humphrey Chukwuma, Don Okafor
Is what?

Is it a Fulani coup? Our problem in this country is when the truth is against our interest or affiliations, we always tend to see it as campaign of calumnies against us.

urchin,ya president also executed a coup sad
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by SmartyPants(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

How come there was not one single Igbo casualty?

There was actually - though just 1. Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe was killed after refusing to join the plot.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Eriokanmi: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Is what?

Have you ever read the book entitled Why We Truck by one of the coup plotters called Adewale Ademoyega? Was he also Igbo? He was one of those who led the Nigerian coup. He died in 2007. You guys just want to give them a bad name cos of Obi. Obi will govern Nigeria in the spirit of equity , justice and fairness. Before you hit me, I'm not igbo

9 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Elidrisy20: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
This history will be very useful to Simon akpan and MNK
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TrumpDonald2: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Is what?

See who's talking about truth should always be truth. Have you accepted the truth that Thieffnubu is too old and sick to rule Nigeria? Mkpi

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by nesphil(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Major Nzeogwu was the leader and mastermind of that coup just like Buhari, Orkar, Babangida, and Gowon.
And it's wrong for people to have tagged it an Igbo coup since the subsequent ones were not tagged to any ethnicity as well.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Penguin2:

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by thinkmoney(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:

In 1945 (Jos) and 1953 (Kano), many Southerners (mostly of Igbo descent) were butchered in the North for no just cause.

These events predate 1966 by a long mile.

Your kind are fixated on 1966 because you are convinced that some lives are of more importance than some others.
To say that the mutual mistrust among Nigerian groups, especially the Igbos & Hausas, started in 1966 is to upend history. It's a very insulting idea.

Nigeria will make her decision

7 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 07kjb: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
He is Igbo no body is denying his igboness
We igbos in the East won't and will never deny our brothers across the naija

Okpanam is an Igbo land anyone from okpanam that said he isn't IGBO is a son of a bastard

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Buksaylor: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
imam07:
U are an idiot. Only one yoruba man was involved

You are more idiotic and an ignoramus...
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by fobiflex(m): 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
This NL is becoming so toxic and non accommodating at all o, so scared of opening politics thread cuz of the so hatred filled comments here, please you mods(as I see they called people in charge) try to do something about it oo, not everyone on us is a tribal bigot

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by kingsways: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
IT WAS NOT AN IGBO AN COUP

IT WaS NIGER DELTA COUP, pure and simple
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by CSTRR: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
So you are debating over something that happened over 50years.

50years ago? All the perpetuators are long dead.

Why are we not even debating all the other coups that came after it?

Those ones don't have tribes?

After debating it, you will all come back to the reality of your economic and security state.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by flokii: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
The coup of January 1966 is tagged an Igbo coup because no single Igbo politician or elite was killed while the coupist shed blood of Ahmadu Bello, his wives and kids including leaders of other ethnicities..

The coupists were largely Igbos so what are you saying? Ifeajuna, Anuforo, Nzeogwu et al.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Norfin Offshore: Udom Emmanuel Commissions Indigenous Shipyard (Photos) / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.