Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

"You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate (8630 Views)

Betta Edu: Forget About Her Reappointment - Tinubu Tells Party Leaders / "Mr. Tinubu, Will You Congratulate The Winner If It Isn't You?" Tinubu:"it's Me" / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:30am On Jan 16, 2023
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Sunday challenged candidates of the party in the forthcoming general elections not to disappoint those who elected them to fly the party’s tickets at the polls.

Tinubu who spoke in Abuja said APC as a party was formed with the sole aim to rescue the people from misrule, adding that the party cannot afford to fail at this crucial time.

Addressing the party governorship and National Assembly candidates ahead of the general elections, Tinubu said after many unproductive years of the former People’s Democratic Party’s government, Nigerians and indeed members of the APC are expecting a new lease of life from the candidates.

Tinubu told the candidates that he had been eager to meet with the party’s candidates in the election and urged them to ensure they do not disappoint members of the party who elected them to fly the party’s tickets at the polls.

“I am pleased to meet with you today because in you I see our party’s hope and path to success. In you I see the hope of historic national progress as well.

“As so often in life, victory is not a cause for rest or celebration. It is a call to a greater challenge and harder toil. Thus, you all have won the primaries but now must climb the higher mountain called the general elections,” he said.

He said, “We formed the APC, not just to be another political party. We formed it as a champion of the people to rescue democracy from the ravages of the PDP who boasted of ruling the nation for 60 years.

“We formed this party to rescue the people and their collective prosperity from the avarice and greed of an elite that will devour the nation’s God-given endowment if we allow such people back into power. As those flying our party’s flag, we carry a heavy burden on our shoulders.

We have the mandate to deliver the party to victory so that we may protect Nigeria from those who would devour all of its fruits.

“The party has placed its trust in us. Democratic victory in the coming elections is a task we must accomplish.”

The presidential frontrunner urged the party’s candidates to go to the polls starting from the presidential and national assembly elections on February 25 to the governorship and state assembly elections on March 11 with a united front.

According to him, everyone must collectively work for the party’s victory in all elections to ensure that the party’s project of growth and development for the nation is assured.

On his part, he promised to continue to work for every one of them even as he also desires to become Nigeria’s president.

“But winning takes us working as a united force. We have to act like the broom, the symbol of our party. A stick cannot clean any dirt but come together under the band as one, we can sweep aside all the bad and wrong things that impede our nation’s growth and development.

“As individuals, we must strive to win our respective elections. But that is not enough. We have to work together to deliver everyone contesting in our party.

“The presidential election, for example, is not solely about Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It is your project as well. Your election is equally my project.

“We need each other. Whatever position you are contesting, you need me as much as I need you. If I work for you, I am helping myself; if you mobilize for me, you are working for yourself at the same time. Our individual and collective fates are one.

“Let us win and rise together. This is as it should be.

“I, therefore, rededicate myself to the victory of you all just as I do for myself. As you can see, They call me weak but I am canvassing back and forth and, in every corner, and space of the nation. My opponents are not. I am outworking them because this election is a great mission for me, much more than my personal ambition.

“I too ask you all to re-dedicate yourself to the cause of the party and the future of the nation. I cannot be everywhere, no one can.

“Our strength lies in our number and our spread. Having you across the length spread of this country makes me comfortable. I am working round the clock for our collective victory. We all should not rest until the entire election is over and victory is ours,” he added.

The meeting, which attracted a large number of candidates, was attended by the party’s National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, Senate President Ahmed Lawan, House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, many governors of the party as well as members of the National Working Committee and Presidential Campaign Council
https://independent.ng/we-formed-apc-to-rescue-people-tinubu-tells-party-candidate/

10 Likes

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:31am On Jan 16, 2023
Without mincing words, APC has not only failed in its promises, but it has engineered a retrogression of the country, especially in the areas of security and economy. There are disturbing statistics on fuel, debts, unemployment, inflation, insecurity and others.

The unemployment rate was 8.19% in 2015 when APC took over, but now it is 33.3%. A US dollar is exchanged at N720 in the parallel market now. It was N198 in 2015. While the country’s debt status was N9.8 trillion in 2015, it stands at N41.6 trillion and the list is endless.

Tinubu’s APC cannot say Nigeria is fine under its rule, and Nigerians are waiting for the ruling party at the polls, and it is the party that Tinubu formed as a platform to achieve his lifelong ambition

These are the extent of damage that the APC has wrecked and Tinubu is using the same platform for his campaigns. It is with keen interest that the Nigerian people await the campaigns to commence.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/tinubu-apc-and-the-hurdle-of-aggrieved-nigerian-youths/

What an insult? How will the APC rescue people when all that they have done is to make life so unbearably & uncomfortable in the worst unimaginable form ever seen in history?

The APC is using a propaganda technique known as the Big Lie that was propounded by Adolf Hitler in his 1925 book, mein kampf. "You tell a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." and “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

I like the question Bishop David Oyedepo recently asked the remaining Nigerian survivors of the present Buhari govt Bola Tinubu boldly claimed he helped foist on this nation.One must just be incredibly stupid and irredeemable insane to say you're even thinking of the APC as a vehicle of political governance let alone voting it.

Abeg do I need anyone except the wicked demons in this senseless government and their hoardes of mummified zombies to agree with me that the APC is the most abominable phenomenon to ever happen to a country?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:32am On Jan 16, 2023
Why did the mods changed the topic / heading of this news piece by Independent Nigeria newspapers?

1 Like

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by AntonVince: 12:36am On Jan 16, 2023
This divisive age-cheating, drug-dealing and bullion van-deploying octogenarian thief can enjoy his media frenzy till next month before Nigerians confine his leaky @ss to perpertual oblivion.

Ole buruku. Have you rescued your legion of Agberos in Lagos?

Nigerians don’t want anymore of APC’s “rescuing” that has sent millions of hapless citizens into abject poverty.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:38am On Jan 16, 2023
"..As the 2023 general elections beckon, Nigerians and people of goodwill should come together and make sure that the APC and its Leadership does not have access to power again.

This clarion call becomes necessary because APC is a Party that is made up of strange bedfellows whose political and economic interests are antithetical to the development of Delta State in particular and Nigeria in general.

The struggle for power, "grab-grab" and if "it is not me, it cannot be another person's mentality" of APC Leaders is what has brought Nigeria on her knees today!

The above analogy properly fits the APC Leaders. They do not hear the hue and cry of the majority of their followers, and Nigerians who are living in abject poverty!

To show their dangerous and embarrassing level of wickedness, they use their political parrots and emissaries of confusion who have sold their souls to mammon to defend the indefensible; even in the face of a threat to peace and existence of Nigerians!
Criminal Mentality Will Not Work Again In Nigeria Reject APC

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Blizzy9ja: 12:41am On Jan 16, 2023
It was to actually deceive Nigerians... And Nigerians now know better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 12:43am On Jan 16, 2023
The meeting was attended by the Senate President Ahmed Lawan, House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila,....."
Who else recalled that these two imbeciles here are the Bola Tinubu rubberstamp NASS stooges he picked for Buhari that has helped him to mortgage Nigeria into chronic irredeemable indebtedness after 8 years of being in government? They are the same imbeciles promoting this catastrophe promax to take over from another catastrophe?

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by awoniyi1236(m): 1:06am On Jan 16, 2023
grin Seriously the story is different now, APC is formed to show Nigerians SHEGE pro max

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by JoeNL22(m): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by dynicks(m): 1:13am On Jan 16, 2023
How Sane Nigerians be shutting their doors against a certain party and most of it's members..!!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Penguin2: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Lol!

90% of the candidates he is talking to know that their loss of election will start the day they openly associate with Tinubu in their constituency.

Or show me one Southeast gubernatorial, Senatorial or House of Rep candidate that have openly printed a poster or billboard of himself and Tinubu. They know that pasting such poster outside is automatic loss of election for them.

Even in Southsouth… apart from Omo Agege, I don’t recall any other candidate openly associating with Tinubu.

Same thing in the north.

Tinubu is bad market everywhere.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Brendaniel: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2023
wow
Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Dreal1247: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2023
These people are talking Nigerians for granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by bencr7: 2:19am On Jan 16, 2023
See apc super recus below grin grin grin
Person were say he will continue,where buhari stop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by benuejosh: 5:04am On Jan 16, 2023
Buhari has done exceptionally well.

4 Likes

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Mindlog: 5:05am On Jan 16, 2023
“We formed this party to rescue the people and their collective prosperity from the avarice and greed of an elite that will devour the nation’s God-given endowment"..........8 years later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Viscuz: 5:06am On Jan 16, 2023
Bulaba the pampers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 5:14am On Jan 16, 2023
dynicks:
How Sane Nigerians be shutting their doors against the devilish party and it's members..!!
I mean these idiots have really taken Nigerians for granted for so long while insulting our sensibility

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Racoon(m): 5:14am On Jan 16, 2023
benuejosh:
Buhari has done exceptionally well.
"..The truth is President Buhari finds running Nigeria a drudgery. He enjoys the perks of the office, but not the hard graft, not the toil. Look at the problems: insecurity, poverty, corruption, cost of governance, debt, etc.

Buhari is unlikely to leave any of these better than he met it in 2015. And because he lacks the zeal for big, nation-transforming ideas, he would also leave Nigeria’s deeply-flawed politico-governance structure more skewed, and Nigeria’s unity and stability more fragile.

The list is endless. No decent country on earth would reward the gang of incompetent know-nothings who presided over such an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction of a country with continuity in governance.

Of course, Buhari’s acolytes won’t see things that way. In a country where myopic and vested interests override the national interest, and where mediocrity is tolerated and celebrated, Buhari’s supporters are praising him to high heaven!..."

Let’s not allow APC to propagandize us into accepting that their internal politics is our national politics. We should instead be asking them to account for the incalculable injuries they’ve collectively inflicted on our economy, our freedoms, our national emotions, and for reversing whatever little progress we were making before they took over.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/buhari-at-79-a-man-given-so-much-who-gives-so-little-back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by KingLennon(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2023
You Know Nigerians like to suffer. Just imagine we were praying for this particular govt to end and some people want to bring in another problem

Is it the low level of education or many Nigerians are just naive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by PotatoSalad(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2023
Bulaba

They need his money. Nothing else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by southsouthking(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2023
Pride goes before it falls.

1 Like

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by RichDad1(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2023
Real talk. It’s a team work.

2 Likes

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by parzdor(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2023
T
Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by money121(m): 5:34am On Jan 16, 2023
Ok
Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Deeeer: 5:35am On Jan 16, 2023
God forbid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by englishmart(m): 5:36am On Jan 16, 2023
How was he able to say that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by Pclemenza: 5:38am On Jan 16, 2023
Y’all should forgive brymo, he publicly apologized.

Re: "You Need Me As Much As I Need You" - Tinubu Tells Party Candidate by GardenOfGod(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2023
Druggie

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers / Gov. Fayose Was Been Tear Gas And He Slumped / Peter Obi & Datti's Wives Arrive Jigawa State For Women Town Hall Meeting (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.