Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! (3062 Views)

Men Don't Want Me Because I Have 3 Kids - Single Mum Cries Out (pix, Vid) / What Do Some Men Find Attractive In Other People's Wives? / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by zedegit: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
Well, in recent times there has been an increase in the number of single mums in the society who are looking for "kind men" to look their way.
I must say I find some of them attractive. Here are reasons why men find it difficult settling down with them despite the attraction.

1 They bring liability: Some of these ladies have 1- 5 children. Since the economy is bad, it would be difficult to fend for the extra mouths she's bringing.

2. Infidelity: She already has children which she had with someone else. It would be silly for you to accuse her of cheating since you already accepted another man's child.

3. Inconvenience: As a newly married couple for the first 1-2 years or more in case of delayed conception, you have the house to yourselves and can even walk around/play naked but this would be difficult as her child would be a distraction.

4. Impotent stigma: In case of delayed pregnancy after the wedding, you as the man would be blamed as being impotent. Why not since she has already proved herself as fertile by conceiving already.

5: Ex Interference: Don't suppose that she's done with the father of her children even if she tells you so because Okafor's law is still valid. She can go back to him anytime to either collect one round or money as the guy still knows her mumu botton.

6: Misunderstanding: You can't even interfere, correct or send her children on errand without her seeing it that you hate her children. You will have a lot to prove that you don't do otherwise.

7. Wasted Effort: The children could go back to their real father no matter how many millions you spent in their upkeep. Your wife can equally go back to her ex. because deep inside her, she still loves him.

8 Sleepless Nights: Since you already know that you are building a house in the air, how can you sleep? The law of gravity would drag the house down, it's just a matter of time. The uncertainty when it would be is enough to give you a nights.

9. Jealousy and Competition: When you eventually have your own children with, as the children gets older, there's likely going to be that jealousy and competition between them as each of them jostles for attention and dominance. This could affect your relationship with your wife if unchecked.

10. Reduced Self Esteem: You will feel inadequate knowing that you are marrying another man's leftover (apologies) but that's what it is. You'll feel people are gossipping about you whether true or not. That can make your ego as a man to suffer.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Zonefree(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Single mothers are menace to the society.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Eriokanmi: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
It takes men with God's heart to accept that. We have such in our family too. Its not easy adopting and training someone else's children.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by marlow1962(m): 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
As a man, peace of mind is greater to NONE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Anon60: 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by muyico(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
zedegit:
Well, in recent times there has been an increase in the number of single mums in the society who are looking for "kind men" to look their way.
I must say I find some of them attractive. Here are reasons why men find it difficult settling down with them despite the attraction.

1 They bring liability: Some of these ladies have 1- 5 children. Since the economy is bad, it would be difficult to fend for the extra mouths she's bringing.
2. Infidelity: She already has children which she had with someone else. It would be silly for you to accuse her of cheating since you already accepted another man's child.
3. Inconvenience: As a newly married couple for the first 1-2 years or more in case of delayed conception, you have the house to yourselves and can even walk around/play naked but this would be difficult as her child would be a distraction.
4. Impotent stigma: In case of delayed pregnancy after the wedding, you as the man would be blamed as being impotent. Why not since she has already proved herself as fertile by conceiving already.
5: Ex Interference: Don't suppose that she's done with the father of her children even if she tells you so because Okafor's law is still valid. She can go back to him anytime to either collect one round or money as the guy still knows her mumu botton.
6: Misunderstanding: You can't even interfere, correct or send her children on errand without her seeing it that you hate her children. You will have a lot to prove that you don't do otherwise.
7 Wasted Effort: The children could go back to their real father no matter how many millions you spent in their upkeep. Your wife can equally go back to her ex. because deep inside her, she still loves him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Pierocash(m): 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
I have one in my life right now. Very caring,loving, and beautiful too.

The only reason I find it hard to propose marriage to her is just because she is a single mum of a 4 yr old boy. If not,she is everything a man needs in a woman.

I don't want to marry her,but dumping her is such a difficult thing to do because I don't want to hurt her.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by neonly: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Correction here are my own suggestions concerning single mums
They know how to treat a man (previous expirence)
They are very submissive
They don't toll with d new husband so that they won't be tag bad wife from previous relationship
Der kupus they get expirence
Not new to taking care of d house and children and how to manage d house
Most are slow to anger
Just depends on d individual
Etc
Single mother are not dat bad but is just d burden dat matters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by superCleanworks(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tell me about DOUBLE MOTHER.
single mother is outdated
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by zedegit: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pierocash:

The only reason I find it hard to propose marriage to her is just because she is a single mum of a 4 yr old boy. If not,she is everything a man needs in a woman.

I don't want to marry her,but dumping her is such a difficult thing to do because I don't want to hurt her.

Didn't you know she was a single mum before dating her or you want to use it as excuse to chop and clean mouth?

That's not fair.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Snowx: 7:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pierocash:

I don't want to marry her,but dumping her is such a difficult thing to do because I don't want
to hurt her.

Likely on the same shoe..
Was thinking if I marry her..perhaps i will loose the love in coming years due to the fa t that the bride price wasn't even paid on her head..before she has the child..my ego will be seriously affected..
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Goodlady(f): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
zedegit:
When you become a single daddy, all women ll run from you.
Some of you boys here deserve to eat and drink sour!
What you can't take, you want girls to take it.
What's wrong with a single lady?
Incompetent boy!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by zedegit: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:

Incompetent boy!

Attack my points not my person.

Those are our fears.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by gentlesinna(m): 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Almost all naija girls are single mothers

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Baronthecelebri: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
I hate single mothers. I can't train a bastard.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Sniper101(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

Bro, hurt her if u must. But, run for ur life. grin

Marrying her is tantamount to agreeing to have an impending family disaster in the nearest future.

If it were a daughter she has, it wouldn't have been a very terrible idea to take her as a wife; since you've said she's of good behavior and stuff.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Judybash93(m): 3:27am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

Leave her
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Judybash93(m): 3:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

Incompetent boy!

No. It's not the same thing. As a single father, one wouldn't except the woman to carry any form of responsibility on the child he is bringing in.
A woman would bring another man's child into a new relationship and expect the new guy to carry some responsibility especially when the father of the child isn't in the child's life.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Judybash93(m): 3:31am On Jan 17, 2023
neonly:
They are very submissive
They don't toll with d new husband so that they won't be tag bad wife from previous relationship
Most are slow to anger
Etc
Single mother are not fat bad but is just d burden dat matters
lol.. and they come with their own baggage especially with those that have been traumatized in their past relationships.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by AroOkigbo(m): 3:59am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

Don't be deceived, she's acting. Na after you marry her that her true self will be revealed. If she's dat nice, her child's father for marry her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Thermodynamics(m): 4:59am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

Incompetent boy!

Single father's don't bring their child to their matrimonial home, they are free, there is no burden being placed on the wife, they can live their lives with very little interference from the man's children.

For women, they come with extra mouths to feed, it's a burden on the man.

I know it's sad as it's not the fault of some of these single mothers, some were just unlucky, but the reality is that, it is inadvisable to marry a single mum, like the op pointed out, apart from the financial responsibilities, if the man tries to discipline the children, the children and even his wife will read meaning to it, it's just too much to handle abeg.

This is why women shouldn't go after money, no rich man will respect you in marriage when he knows you came for the money, even if you genuinely love him he'll never believe you, and you'll just end up in an unhappy marriage or as a single mother.

Find a decent man to build with, decent one oh, not the type that would leave you when he eventually become rich.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by techWriter3: 5:23am On Jan 17, 2023
Single moms they menace to the society
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by obinna58(m): 5:34am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

They’re always sweet at first, it’s called fair play coz she knows you’re one zero down already, she’s using pretense key trying to unlock you

No man would want to ever lose a good woman, not her baby dad

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by obinna58(m): 5:45am On Jan 17, 2023
neonly:
They are very submissive
Most are slow to anger
Etc
Single mother are not fat bad but is just d burden dat matters
You think people change? Lol when lot of men rejects them with their baby they’ll be forced to behave looking for scapegoat

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Truvelisback(m): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2023
zedegit:

7. Wasted Effort: The children could go back to their real father no matter how many millions you spent in their upkeep. Your wife can equally go back to her ex. because deep inside her, she still loves him.

8 Sleepless Nights: Since you already know that you are building a house in the air, how can you sleep? The law of gravity would drag the house down, it's just a matter of time. The uncertainty when it would be is enough to give you a nights.

9. Jealousy and Competition: When you eventually have your own children with, as the children gets older, there's likely going to be that jealousy and competition between them as each of them jostles for attention and dominance. This could affect your relationship with your wife if unchecked.

10. Reduced Self Esteem: You will feel inadequate knowing that you are marrying another man's leftover (apologies) but that's what it is. You'll feel people are gossipping about you whether true or not. That can make your ego as a man to suffer.
True. And so many more.
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Truvelisback(m): 5:51am On Jan 17, 2023
zedegit:

Ur thread is a FP material but sadly, our feminists MOD may not bring it to FP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by AgentGoat: 7:08am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

Yea. Very nice indeed. Dey play.
Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Goodlady(f): 7:10am On Jan 17, 2023
Judybash93:

No. It's not the same thing. As a single father, one wouldn't except the woman to carry any form of responsibility on the child he is bringing in.
A woman would bring another man's child into a new relationship and expect the new guy to carry some responsible especially when the father of the child isn't in the child's life.
It depends on the settings. The woman can decide to put the kids with relations like granny. Such child may be visiting only on holidays.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Judybash93(m): 7:15am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

It depends on the settings. The woman can decide to put the kids with relations like granny. Such child may be visiting only on holidays.

At a point, some women would expect the man to carry some sought of responsibility either it being school fees or whatever! Men don't want to do that

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Rahkman: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2023
Pierocash:

Lol I understand...they fall in love faster....she prayed to God to give her 1 last chance,to find love and cover her shame and God provided you...you have to marry her bro pls don't break her heart grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Olowoshako(m): 7:25am On Jan 17, 2023
I have one on me, she so good, respectful and kind, I love her but am just afraid of the child. The dad of her child still called her, chat together. She keep saying nothing is between dem again. But seriously an afraid of the future. I need to japa

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Men Find It Hard Marrying A Single Mum!!! by Axis313(m): 9:15am On Jan 17, 2023
@zedegit,you have a very valid point,but what if the single mom is a widow?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! ??? / Is My Girlfriend Cheating? / Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.