Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play (19959 Views)

All Nigerian Bank Cards that work with Apple Music and/or Spotify / Which Bank Cards Work With Spotify Premium? / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by youngmoore(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
My master card UBA is working perfectly I used it to online transaction last week even 3 days ago,it working perctly with my google account

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Booktree: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Did you add money to your dollar card? it doesn't automatically use the money in your DOM account
AgentNnamdi:
Hi guys, I am trying to add my debit card to Google Play for the renewal of my subscriptions and to make App purchases but none is working. Please, does anyone know which card works on Google Play now?

It's urgent. Thanks.

My GTBank's Dollar card didn't work.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by cliqtips: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Reinaldo:
Visa card works for me

Which bank?
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Optmus(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Samuel807:
Get a virtual card, none of the Nigerian cards works for online payment anymore too bad angry

Any suggestion on which to get? The one wey no be scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by ElBenny(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Download chipper cash app.
Verify your account.
Fund your waller.
Then request for a dollar virtual card.
Fund your dollar card from your chipper cash wallet.
Make your transaction.
Thank me later
AgentNnamdi:
Hi guys, I am trying to add my debit card to Google Play for the renewal of my subscriptions and to make App purchases but none is working. Please, does anyone know which card works on Google Play now?

It's urgent. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Lolachef(f): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
AliExpress on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by chatinent: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Create a virtual card and use for payment details but avoid Eversend...to avoid premium tears.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Whois(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
kryptochats:
are you sure you are okay ?

Which card is that? Is pyypl recommendable, am I want to pay for truecaller premium. Kindly advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by seankafor(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
My kuda visa card worked on Google pay

And I also used it to pay for my pia VPN 50 dollar at 19k.. that means they charged cbn rate..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by mattsejuro(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Get usd enabled cards.
Uba prepaid card (usd) works fine too
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Hendrixky: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Stanbic bank is still working...

I don't know of other banks

Add your card to Google..but you have to verify with a valid government recognised id card and a take a picture of your card and upload but your name on your id card must correspond with the one on your atm card
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
youngmoore:
My master card UBA is working perfectly I used it to online transaction last week even 3 days ago,it working perctly with my google account
Yea uba seems to be the only bank card working for stuffs like that now. Access visa card was working initially, infact that was the main reason I opened an account with them until they stopped! angry
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Samuel807(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Alusiizizi:

What about Dollar cards? Those should work, shouldn't it?
the last time I tried with a GT Dollar card, it didn't work so I switched to Barter and from barter to Chipper

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Emexicoman(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
I was at my bank yesterday to lay the same complaint and it was revealed tht all bank crds no lonher work for online transactions, whether verve or visa. They said you now need a dollar card to transact online. New CBN policy.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Alusiizizi(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
Samuel807:
the last time I tried with a GT Dollar card, it didn't work so I switched to Barter and from barter to Chipper

That's odd. Are you sure that it wasn't a network issue with GT? Were you able to confront a bank official for confirmation on this?
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by kryptochats: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
BannedUser:

It's much more higher. You're being paid to come and lie here.
lol you are the one that seems to be paid to come and lie, abi the app is there go and download it na i don't even understand some of you, app is there go and download and check yourself! i won't be surprised if you are one of their competitors! if e pain you that much you sef try reduce your rate grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Hendrixky: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
ecolime:
None is working.

I had to get a Visa Gold card at FirstBank. It's a dollar card account.

I buy dollar from Aboki and credit it whenever I have transactions to make e.g YT music, web hosting, Facebook Ads, Playstore APPS, etc.

If una sabi any Bank wey fit charge me from my savings account, make una let us know. Na online business we take dey feed our family oo

This country don cast walahi
Use stanbic card bro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by chatinent: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
seankafor:

And I also used it to pay for my pia VPN 50 dollar at 19k.. that means they charged cbn rate..

Which of the Kuda card? The virtual or main?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Alusiizizi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
chatinent:
Create virtual card but avoid Eversend...to avoid premium tears.

Virtual cards are inherently risky. If you must use a virtual card then never deposit amounts that you cannot afford to loose.
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by ecolime(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hendrixky:

Use stanbic card bro
What's their monthly limit?
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Creamcrest(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
What I use is a virtual card and it works on sites like AliExpress, Google play, Fiverr and most online sites where the master card logo is displayed.
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by yungryce: 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
please recommend a reliable virtual dollar card for me.

Chipper cash works for online payments but are quite expensive. Their is also a large magin spread.
There are other options like payday and klasha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by azpekuliar: 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
AgentNnamdi:

It's urgent. Thanks.

You jus dey wake up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Hendrixky: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
seanwilliam:
I don’t think so. All cards issued by Nigeria banks don’t work for international payment again

My stanbic works fine

But you must verify on Google with a valid recognised government Id
Maybe passport or national identity slip

Then take a picture of your card and upload but your name on the card and id must correspond
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by ElBenny(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
That means 1$ at ₦380?
seankafor:

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by seanwilliam(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hendrixky:

My stanbic works fine

But you must verify on Google with a valid recognised government Id
Maybe passport or national identity slip

Then take a picture of your card and upload but your name on the card and id must correspond

Does it work on foreign e-commerce website?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by ElBenny(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
I concur. Very expensive!
yungryce:

Chipper cash works for online payments but are quite expensive. Their is also a large magin spread.
There are other options like payday and klasha
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Hendrixky: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
youngmoore:
Yeah

Same with stanbic card
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by treatise: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
HardMirror:
welcome to the party. That is what these banks have been putting nigerians through. Useless bank policies.
It's government policy direction not banks'.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by jimikata(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Guys, how can someone in USA fund my domiciary account (gtbank)?
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by Hendrixky: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Yea uba seems to be the only bank card working for stuffs like that now. Access visa card was working initially, infact that was the main reason I opened an account with them until they stopped! angry

Stanbic dey work
Re: Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play by ItsTutsi(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
What was the requirements to open a dollar card with first bank?
ecolime:
None is working.

I had to get a Visa Gold card at FirstBank. It's a dollar card account.

I buy dollar from Aboki and credit it whenever I have transactions to make e.g YT music, web hosting, Facebook Ads, Playstore APPS, etc.

If una sabi any Bank wey fit charge me from my savings account, make una let us know. Na online business we take dey feed our family oo

This country don cast walahi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / TECNO H6 "Major Pro And Con" / 9mobile To Be Sold Out On January 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.