Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site (29264 Views)

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by abobote: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
So touching, just feel there is a way I can help

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Ubanz: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please vote Peter Obi so we eliminate this joblessness and underemployment.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by NaijaCover(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God Almighty, you didn't Die

, is tired of Publishing Bad News

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by simeon77(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
I really appreciate God for sparing your life. Take your situation to God in prayer. He will answer.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Hagiazomakai: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
0x8a7cbbec6c3fd69B6fd45791e73a46084898ed91
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by BritishAirways: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
Life is hard but it's soft for others... Never fair on the other side

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Frenzyboy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God for your life...may God grant you a well paying job I pray

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Yoighaman(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
vowiski:
Can we all support this young man…

Hard work is good , but God’s favour is better…

Can you now see why we always shout on the top of our voices that our youths should desist from scams?

I'm sure a lot of people might be willing to assist him, but would be having ideas at the back of their minds.

Bad people have soiled the path to helping people that genuinely need help.

23 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Damn sorry op. You really write so well. Have you considered taking up a career that involves writing. I know it will not pay much but at least I am sure it will pay better than the bricklaying job

17 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by SMGGroup: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Check for internal injuries and blood clotting. It's important

9 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Thank you for reading also.

Drop account number.

Preferably a usdt or any crypto account number.

20 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Curious345: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Aside this job .what else would you be able to do .. hit me.up ..
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

15 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by darexolu16(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

God will intervene in your matter and meet u at the point of ur need ijn AMEN!

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by kcowen(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Go and do a scan to ensure you've no fracture
Person tell you say he no get money that's why he went to do a labourer's work and he wasnt even paid for that day and you are advicing he should go for scan,with which money abi na paper he will present to lab technician?

38 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Tokskob2008: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God for your life bro, you were so lucky you didn't land on any sharp piercing object. In this country I try to avoid any work that involves high altitudes because we all know there is never a secure equipment for it other than makeshift ladders and other rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by LikeAking: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Sorry!
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by alimiadedayo1: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Perfectnumber6:

Thank God for your life bro ... But i hope you did not vote for Buhari and planning to vote.for either Tinubu or Atiku? Just a question oo
pls face the reality and stop acting like a clown which you are... so you expect to vote Peter obi before

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Bahun(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
grin grin grin it is not funny as I can relate with you but bro I laff much Cox I was once in ur shoe Cox that is my handwork also
I was pouring the overhead coach concrete but was standing on ladder low and below the ladder left the building Cox I was carrying the concrete with my two hands but I was stubborn and still save by God for not falling and still holding the bucket with the concrete
My boi was afraid but was hyping me for not letting the bucket to fall and break despite most of the cement pour on ground.
Pls u see that bracket if not we'll put it always falls ooo beta next time make u arrange blocks for group to the level that the Mason will reach to collect from u when u bring mortal oooo
If nah lazy/wicked mason u dey work with abeg change location from him ooo
May God provides good work for u Cox labourer work no b work oooo
I dey do am just to round up my studies and see if I go see something good Cox nah JAPA b my agenda
HeRulesMen:

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Go and do a scan to ensure you've no fracture

Ok. Thank you for your concern.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by blackpant: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God for your life.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Bahun(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Bro try dey calm down nah
kcowen:

Person tell you say he no get money that's why he went to do a labourer's work and he wasnt even paid for that day and you are advicing he should go for scan,with which money abi na paper he will present to lab technician?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Drop account number

I will appreciate and be very thankful.

Bartho Samson
02216 10773
Gtbank

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by LikeAking: 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Drop account number

Good person.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by FuckDModz: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

I will appreciate and be very thankful.

Bartho Samson
02216 10773
Gtbank

Send crypto account number for obvious reasons.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
RomolaJ:
Sorry bro
Send your details make i send you something to get drugs

I will appreciate anything please.
Bartho Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by SavageBoy: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Damn sorry op. You really write so well. Have you considered taking up a career that involves writing. I know it will not pay much but at least I am sure it will pay better than the bricklaying job

And the OP writes well. OP give a serious thought to writing. If you have the remarkable ability to understand and explain complex things, you might consider technical writing. It's gonna pay you very well.

However, if you feel family demands and responsibilities will not allow you to be patient enough with it, then you could consider getting a keke maruwa hire purchase, or maybe a Toyota(hire purchase) and use it for uber/taxify. That's if you can drive. At least this will keep you going. Sorry for the accident.

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by NuCypher: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

You need to go check yourself. X-rays and stuff. You could have massive issues going on inside your body as it is.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by nedekid: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
SMGGroup:
Check for internal injuries and blood clotting. It's important
Hmm, someone went to do laborer work, fell, and did not get paid. Has woman and 2 kids at home. Where will he see money to do scan or tests? Atleast to enter clinix Medicare he must hold minimum 60k to do xrays, CT scan or what ever is required.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Send crypto account number for obvious reasons.

bc1q939jjukdtwgewnrzlpzr3sd6hv26q563k8cnm8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / Why Do People Make Money Mistakes Immediately They Hit Big Funds!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.