Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site (29236 Views)

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
molik05:
So sorry bro.. May God heal u and provide a good job for u and me too

Thank you.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ifyconsult: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
author=FuckDModz post=120127115]

Can you confirm the receipt of funds? @ HeRulesMen[/quote]
God bless you richly,abeg bro show me small love,tins tough
TRvMLvrQsdFn2BeRUdjLPfqomX6GP5XpMU (usdt)
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ifyconsult: 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=FuckDModz post=120126417]

Mugu.
I've sent funds to him already.

Send yours or keep quiet. [/quote
God bless you
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ibawon(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
FuckDModz:

Can you confirm the receipt of funds? @ HeRulesMen
May God continue to bless your heart and hands

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Wintonmickey(f): 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pls sm1 should help him with cash to buy drugs. This is touching, how I wish I have. God locate him a destiny helper. Are u in Lagos?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Aladine(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
Get the waist checked. You need to do a scan. I can support you with money for scan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by damoobaba: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Thank you for reading also.

God will continue to help and strengthen you.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by damoobaba: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Damn sorry op. You really write so well. Have you considered taking up a career that involves writing. I know it will not pay much but at least I am sure it will pay better than the bricklaying job

Which career Involves writing, can you shed more light on this?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by damoobaba: 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
SavageBoy:

And the OP writes well. OP give a serious thought to writing. If you have the remarkable ability to understand and explain complex things, you might consider technical writing. It's gonna pay you very well.

However, if you feel family demands and responsibilities will not allow you to be patient enough with it, then you could consider getting a keke maruwa hire purchase, or maybe a Toyota(hire purchase) and use it for uber/taxify. That's if you can drive. At least this will keep you going. Sorry for the accident.

Abeg let me know about this writing job and what's d remuneration like?
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by EDOLUWA: 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank God for your life. Please treat yourself abeg. God will give you a nice job
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by WhizdomXX(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=Perfectnumber6 post=120124746]

Thank God for your life bro ... But i hope you did not vote for Buhari and planning to vote.for either Tinubu or Atiku? Just a question oo [/quote
God abegg
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, if not, mod please take it to the right section.

My online brothers and sisters, help me thank God for preserving my life as I almost left this wicked world last Friday, 13th January, 2023. 13th January has become a day I will never forget in life. Since I graduated from the university, I am yet to get a job that is well-deserving of my status. I'm not talking about big jobs with heavy remuneration (not as though I won't grab it if I see one of such) but just something to earn a living from. The last salaried job I did was a contract job which lasted only 6 months. Since then, despite my efforts, applying to every nook and cranny to land a job, I have been unlucky. However, I still keep hope alive.

However, it makes me think Nigeria really need to redefine and re-axamine the value of education in the country and what it stands for. Does it stand for nation building or for frustration? That is something for another day BTW.

Back to the topic, so with a woman and two kids to take care of, I had to go do labourer job at a construction site to earn something. That Friday was my second day in the place. I never thought it would end in disaster but I thank God that even after falling from such a distance, I didn't die, neither the mason man that was on the scaffold.

The thing is that I was carrying mortar and blocks to the mason, climbing using ladder. You know this local scaffold builders use. That thing they nailed together as V 'abi' L, place them on the wall and put planks on top to stand on. I don't know what happened that the blocks put at one end to weigh its balance failed while I was already up there. Long story short, everything collapsed and that was how we landed on the ground from the finishing end of the building. It should be a distance of 12 feet or more.

What worsened the case was the mason. As the scaffold collapsed, he immediately and unconsciously grabbed the newly laid blocks in safety attempt, not remembering he just laid those blocks. You know that kind thing. Landing on ground, that was how those blocks came upon us in their number like some sort of blast. To top it all, I didn't earn a penny that day. The man is even blaming us for the collapse.

I sustained injuries but my waist especially seems to have dislocated as a result of hitting it on ground while landin. I have been feeling sharp pains from the inside since then.

Since that Friday, I have been down physically and psychologically. As I am reflecting on it today, I decided to write it down.

No matter how it has affected me, physically, psychologically, economically and health-wise, I still thank God for sparing my life and I want you to join me in thanking him.

Welcome back to the wicked world...
And
Ensure to visit an hospital if you haven't
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
Aladine:
Get the waist checked. You need to do a scan. I can support you with money for scan

I will do that sir. You can support me please.

Bartho. Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Charmingrascal(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Your account details please
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
NoToPile:

HeRulesMen I believe you saw the post above, he didnt quote you directly, just incase you missed it.

Thank you for quoting me. I think I missed out on that. Will contact him. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Charmingrascal:

Your account details please

May you be blessed and prospered. Thank you for your concern.
Bartho. Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by captaininiobong(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sorry about that, just pray for the almighty to open a way, believe and pray together with your wife. I am confident something will happen. Try also persuading ur wife understand the need to also get handwork doing too in oder to assist you. Even if plaiting,

Then you get closer to God, ask for help on nairaland , any who is willing to help you out with a job to survive your family. I pray may the lord be with you. But God pass am sha

It pains me that in a bid to struggle for what the fam will eat, that's where Satan thought it good to erase you off.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Charmingrascal(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

May you be blessed and prospered. Thank you for your concern.
Bartho. Samson
0221 610773
Gtbank

Please manage the token
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
post=120124626:

AMEN.
We will only die peacefully in our old age,
When God (the giver of life) says it is time.
Buhari supporter, destiny destroyers.What business do you have with this post?.. when your senseless support for buhari and jagaban have made many children go hungry,ill fed and sick.aruuu!!!,shame!!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by DearGorgeous(f): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
vowiski:
Can we all support this young man…

Hard work is good , but God’s favour is better…

Yes please. No amount is too small. Let's support him. It's a good idea.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by SavageBoy: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
damoobaba:

Abeg let me know about this writing job and what's d remuneration like?
Do your research. Every information you need is available online
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by pizapato(m): 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Thank God for saving your life.

Labour job is no easy job. Since you are educated, at least find a teaching job in a secondary school near you and manage that while you keep finding a better job.

May God open ways for you

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Iamjoachim: 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
If you are a chef and in Enugu, reach out to me
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by gfon(m): 3:38am On Jan 18, 2023
AndroidAI:

Audio funds!! cry
he actually did, so chill. Una too dey castigate pesin

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Schoolguy9(m): 4:14am On Jan 18, 2023
I know what this looks like.

My heart just melted when I saw the headline. I have been in the same line! Thank God I never sustained much injuries. The thing is there was this day, I went for concrete casting and while it was raining , I tried to carry a bucket of it and the thing hit the ground! While I was still trying to carry the bucket, the contents split out and entered my eyes! That day, I felt dead because I couldn't see. Thank God for my colleague that led me by holding my hands. I just told him, "Guy, abeg spend all this money on drugs!" Because the only thing on my mind was to get well.

Now, talking about assisting bricklayers as a labourer, that is the work I hate most! Some of them can be lazy, bad-mouthed or careless and when anything happens, both of you will bear the consequence.

On the day that a whole lot of cement entered my eyes, I was afraid because I thought the thing would become stiff there! I thank God at last, the cement later gave way for tears.

WHAT I DO?

After I discovered that a Mason man can earn N16,000.00 in a day and pay his labourer N3,000.00, I went in a rage to find my own jobs like Filling of block holes, filling of foundations before concrete casting for german floor, compound levelling, concrete floor assistant, recommendation of water seal cement, assisting with blocks only, digging of soak away pits, concreting (at times) and digging of foundation proper!

In all these, you just discuss with the Owner or Engineer on how much he should pay you before you start work and not depend on any mason! While online, I recommend Pwan Homes products and try to blog about my experience on www.adulpted.com though, I hope to move to www.turbanglu.com soon with more potentials.

Recently, I got home to rest for sometime and would like to continue soon. Meanwhile, I am a graduate of Microbiology and would like to land a job soon or further.

I am still thanking God for Nairaland because it connects me to useful information. THANKS TO THOSE WHO GAVE AND OP, MAY GOD KEEP YOU ALIVE.

www.pwanultimate.com/2022/05/vacancy-vacancyvacancy.html

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Schoolguy9(m): 4:19am On Jan 18, 2023
Schoolguy9:

My heart just melted when I saw the headline. I have been in the same line! Thank God I never sustained much injuries. The thing is there was this day, I went for concrete casting and while it was raining , I tried to carry a bucket of it and the thing hit the ground! While I was still trying to carry the bucket, the contents split out and entered my eyes! That day, I felt dead because I couldn't see. Thank God for my colleague that led me by holding my hands. I just told him, "Guy, abeg spend all this money on drugs!" Because the only thing on my mind was to get well.

Now, talking about assisting bricklayers as a labourer, that is the work I hate most! Some of them can be lazy, bad-mouthed or careless and when anything happens, both of you will bear the consequence.

On the day that a whole lot of cement entered my eyes, I was afraid because I thought the thing would become stiff there! I thank God at last, the cement later gave way for tears.

WHAT I DO?

After I discovered that a Mason man can earn N16,000.00 in a day and pay his labourer N3,000.00, I went in a rage to find my own jobs like Filling of block holes, filling of foundations before concrete casting for german floor, compound levelling, concrete floor assistant, recommendation of water seal cement, assisting with blocks only, digging of soak away pits, concreting (at times) and digging of foundation proper!

In all these, you just discuss with the Owner or Engineer on how much he should pay you before you start work and not depend on any mason! While online, I recommend Pwan Homes products and try to blog about my experience on www.adulpted.com though, I hope to move to www.turbanglu.com soon with more potentials.

Recently, I got home to rest for sometime and would like to continue soon. Meanwhile, I am a graduate of Microbiology and would like to land a job soon or further.

I am still thanking God for Nairaland because it connects me to useful information. THANKS TO THOSE WHO GAVE AND OP, MAY GOD KEEP YOU ALIVE.

TO EXPAND MORE:

I don't usually do concrete casting because once you get there, they see you as someone who would want to cheat like others by removing 2 buckets of sand out of 11 while measuring.

I hope to make money online because it's easier!

I am patient.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by HeRulesMen: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2023
Schoolguy9:

WHAT I DO?

Thank you for your words and thanks to all who came through for me.

Special thanks to those who reached out with a token and those who want to help with a job or skill. I wasn't expecting such kindness from you all. I really appreciate. God bless you all.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by VendorGB: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2023
Everything’s gonna be fine.
T-Mobile esim is available.

Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by ifyconsult: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2023
FuckDModz:

Send crypto account number for obvious reasons.
Bro reason my matter pls
TRvMLvrQsdFn2BeRUdjLPfqomX6GP5XpMU
(Tron)
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Seankhalifa: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2023
FuckDModz:

Send crypto account number for obvious reasons.
Re: How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site by Sanctecosma(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2023
Thank God for your life bro
But try to undergo a thorough medical check (whenever you can) to be sure there no internal injuries.

Ije nwoke no be beans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When Is A Man Said To Be Successful / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.