Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK (30819 Views)

Lady Reportedly Caught Using Earpods To Cheat In An Examination Hall. / See What An Examination Hall In Pakistan Reportedly Looks Like / JAMB Has Started Sending The Examination Center!!!! (picture attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Alusiizizi(m): 9:12am On Jan 18, 2023
That's common in the U.S, especially in Math/Engineering/Science fields. The idea is that if you need to open that "expo" for any reason during the examination then you are probably going to fail because you do not understand the subject material enough.

1 Like

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Godsown0: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2023
post=120142085:

You are right.
The catch is, you will be given very limited time.
You need to see how students open the textbooks left to right, right to left, center to right, back to front etc grin cheesy. Looking for answers!
We laughed so hard the first day we saw it on YouTube grin cheesy wink
Sometimes i prefer the real test, the open book self everyone will be confused you will end up writing rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Adakintroy: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2023
Some exams are open examination. Like carry text book enter. The answer is too subjective to be in text book.

They are asking you. You!. They know if you are answering or giving someone else answer thats were you pass or fail.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Basicend: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2023
Nigerians don full UK now. . they have indoctrinated them. .
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by hohafrank(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2023
This made me to remember my days in the secondary school.Our CRK -christian religious knowledge - teacher would allowed us to use bible to answer the questions.
Most students always failed woefully.Knowledge of subject matter is what is important.
For example,What is the action of Jesus Christ in the corrupted temple? Analyse the analogy.
This is one of his questions in JS S1.
How can 'expo' help you to answer such question if you don't have knowledge of the subject matter?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Enemyofpeace: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2023
Na so o, oyinbo no dey wicked like us o.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2023
Whoever did GS courses in UNN knows that open book tests is a common thing for them. Although you go search for answer tire. But I usually enjoy them. Because it allows you to think deeply. Also you should have at least read the textbook so the test would be easy for you. If not, you go see question, you no go know where the answer dey for the textbook.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Kenfil(f): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2023
post=120140706:
This is common in UK and US universities.
It is not called expo though,
It is called.......

OPEN BOOK TEST.

Who can verify this our ogbonge info?

Any Nigerian in diaspora that has done this in their schools before?

Trust and believe, exam be so hard your expo is practically useless if you didn't prepare for the exam lmao

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by kilisi(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2023
Those who passed through faculty of Agriculture, University of Ibadan from around 2008 will remember AGY 212: Introduction to Agricultural Climatology. There is usually an open book test where everyone will be notified in advance to pack all relevant textbooks to the test venue. On the day of the exam, you can't even open those textbooks because of limited time. Most students failed the test during our set. I think I had the second highest mark of 11. I can never forget that day.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by themanderon: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2023
Open book exam. We did the same at my university back in the day. You will be allowed to take your textbooks into the exams. It doesn't guarantee you will pass though. At times you will flip through 4 textbooks and you will find nothing. If a lecturer asks you to take you textbook into the hall trust me you are in way over your head.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by everythinggirly(f): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2023
They make life easy for them. Lol.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by traihit: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2023
Ofadaman:
This is how modern day exams are set, why because the old method forces students to cram answers, here a student understands that he's not a sole repository of knowledge and can actually search for answers ,research and make better choices. The exams are not straight forward and there's no right or wrong just a way to share your opinion and reasons for your decisions.

Nigerian systems favours the crammers over those who actually seek knowledge , this is why many come out of school and have no idea what to do with themselves.

Forget that last paragraph. Even those who have ideas what to do with themselves, do you think the success rate will favour them considering the high-level of unemployment, favoritism and corruption in Nigeria? Did you read about the young UNILAG graduate who moved abroad and discovered that his computer science degree is a gem?

Do you think he doesn't know what to do with it then?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by tollyboy5(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2023
Ofadaman:
This is how modern day exams are set, why because the old method forces students to cram answers, here a student understands that he's not a sole repository of knowledge and can actually search for answers ,research and make better choices. The exams are not straight forward and there's no right or wrong just a way to share your opinion and reasons for your decisions.

Nigerian systems favours the crammers over those who actually seek knowledge , this is why many come out of school and have no idea what to do with themselves.
You made alot of sense.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Desusi: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2023
TheGameYard:
Everything is always different on the other side
Shall we move to the other side like the words of Jesus.? OK let's move now.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by SouthSouth1914: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2023
Ofadaman:

Spot on!
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Ayo8(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2023
It’s called open book exam… had several.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2023
thatigboman:
when u attempt a UK institution's open book exam, u will beg them to give u a close book one. U wount see a single answer in the book. U will end up wasting your time opening page after page of textbook.

Una don confuse me like this

1 Like

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Coldie(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2023
shopwiser:
My sister confirmed it too o
Uk schools are programmed in such a way that u fit even carry ur phone enter u go still fail if u don’t know what u are doing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by adecz: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2023
That's why people who get 3rd class
in Nigeria can go abroad and turn up
with 1st class ..❗️❗️❗️❗️
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by nairamaniac: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2023
Ofadaman:

So you mean to tell me I can consult my text boot the same way Tinubu consulted those his team mates at Chatham House?

1 Like

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by nairamaniac: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2023
thatigboman:
when u attempt a UK institution's open book exam, u will beg them to give u a close book one. U wount see a single answer in the book. U will end up wasting your time opening page after page of textbook.

Do u know what you are saying?
Even if dragon come out of the page where the answer dey for the book, I go still openam, use am answer the question well well.
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by shopwiser: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2023
Coldie:

Uk schools are programmed in such a way that u fit even carry ur phone enter u go still fail if u don’t know what u are doing
Exactly, but i feel if you studied well in a federal university here in NIgeria you will blast in their universities
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by updatechange(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2023
Minjim:

Lol!

Pardon my comment. I take the fool back .
Where I am brought up

We're used to people starting and ending sentences with the word "fool"

I'm trying to stop it though. Since Nigerians find it
insulting.

When in Rome....

Nigerians?? Pls where are you from sir, can you tell us??
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by rajiedreez: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2023
And I'm surprised why they have a lot of distinction students
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by freenature: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2023
Voice22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clP19Q_42ms

Lady surprised she’s allowed to take ‘expo’ into the examination hall in the UK.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnghjLcLhz6/?igshid=MzVlODdmYjc=

Open Book Exams and Test are the most difficult ones, cos you'll think that you'll find answers but in that's not the case. You may find yourself not able to answer a single question at the end of the exam if you aren't prepared.

1 Like

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by tfelicityk(m): 9:46am On Jan 18, 2023
Open book examination is allowed in most university abroad...

Same is applied in even in our university in Nigeria...

Those who wrote Prof. Maculin examination will testified to my claim.

Great Ladokite...
Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by BJanta: 9:47am On Jan 18, 2023
post=120140706:
This is common in UK and US universities.
It is not called expo though,
It is called.......

OPEN BOOK TEST.

Who can verify this our ogbonge info?

Any Nigerian in diaspora that has done this in their schools before?

Absolutely true. But most of the times it does not help the way the questions set . You may have to read those many times before are able to distill the answers to the questions out of the books. And what time do you have for that. It can only be of additional help if you're already well prepared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Desusi: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2023
post=120142035:

You even have students?!
Is that the same way you go about calling them fools?
So appaling.
Seriously, this is a common way of responding to people in naira land. It's as if we are mates,even when you don't know who is correcting you or making a statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2023
Godsown0:

Sometimes i prefer the real test, the open book self everyone will be confused you will end up writing rubbish
Like seriously?!
Lol cheesy grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2023
MMempire:
Open book test is not that easy o. You are required to answer questions using your knowledge of the subject matter but with hints and little help from your text books. You go still need to crack/rack your brain.
That's not true entirely...
The open book test/exam has actually bastardize every sense of hard work from candidates..

Same way NEBOSH (a professional course) has been reduced to a mere high school exam..

Everything now seems Fvcked up!

1 Like

Re: Lady Surprised She’s Allowed To Take ‘expo’ Into The Examination Hall In The UK by hssd8nland: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Voice22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clP19Q_42ms

Lady surprised she’s allowed to take ‘expo’ into the examination hall in the UK.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnghjLcLhz6/?igshid=MzVlODdmYjc=
It's an open book test

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogah Onwe Chinedu, EBSU Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Victimization (Photos) / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / Canada To Allow International Students To Work For Over 20 Hours Per Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.