Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? (3271 Views)

A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Aklee4994(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Stop being angry. undecided

Person hol' your prick abi you're looking for where to release your pent up sexual frustration? Which one?

It's interesting that you suddenly believe people have their individual lives to live but you're judging some by calling them "old layers".
Back to the question Can you marry a single father
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Aklee4994:
must you sound bitter with your mention rather embrace the truth that a single father is a go for some reasonable and sensitive woman in this wonderful forum.stop generalizing your judgement that is another way to grow your self esteem woman �

Modified:All I want is understanding and peace

You are the one who started this by referring to the womenfolk as being 'old layers'. I am simply returning the favour to you.

"Bitterness begets bitterness".

You strike me as one dude here, but I'll keep my reservations to myself, 'cause you insulted me and you're now hiding your hands to say you want understanding and peace?

Okay.

Number 2 pointer is you trying to jam women's heads together. I have another third pointer...but I'll only hit the nail on its head and call you out if you push the right buttons enough. grin grin

Anyway, there are plenty of sensible women on the forum sha. If you think that is a rarity, then I must question your sanity. The sanity I cannot vouch for that your gender possesses on this forum.

Calling random people on the Internet old layers.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Fahvvy: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Now let's not confuse things here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a financially stable partner. It's pragmatic.

And that is very different from gold-digging/money-mongering or any other unpleasant attitude relating to money. If you're describing the above, all well and good.

If you're calling women golddiggers, that's a big lie.

The average women would prefer to choose money over love...and if she has the opportunity.

Now this desire notwithstanding, women are loving and staying with and getting married to poor men. Women are with men that they 'cover' financial-wise. If a woman is with a guy below her means, she will make sure to "pad" him and make him appear as if he's something. We have women who build a man up as we have those who don't.

Now I will appreciate it if you desist from using the term 'y'all' on me. Let's refer to men and women generally. And it's only fair as I do not know what you identity as, so I will not go personal with you on a gender basis.

Thank you.

Also, no endearments.

Thank you.

Agreed. Polygamy and hypergamy are just two sides of the same coin to each gender for me.

The thing is, I don't believe it is NATURAL.

There are faithful men and there are women who are not after money. And mind you, the women who become baby mamas to certain kind of men look a particular way, and are of certain calibre themselves.

The Ooni comes to mind.

Now how many men are Oonis? How many women are like his wives?

Go to your streets and the your average 'handworkers' and the number of baby mamas they have. Baby mamaism is not a thing amongst the elite alone. They are plenty people (and women) living in PENURY who have tons of kids out of wedlock.

No, it is not obvious. Women want different things and you can find examples for women going and living out of whatever expectations you have of them.

How can rich be relative and you say women go for wealth? If rich is relative, then what makes you think women are going for whom they are going for based on money?

Look, inspite of all that sha, I am still telling you that many women go for and stay with men that are not rich according to their own standards and the world's standards.

Too long...
Summarize...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2023
Fahvvy:
Too long...
Summarize...

You literally could have ignored if you didn't want to continue...

But it's fine anyway.

Have a good night or until whenever (if) you're able to finish that and respond.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Aklee4994(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You are the one who started this by referring to the womenfolk as being 'old layers'. I am simply returning the favour to you.

"Bitterness begets bitterness".

You strike me as one dude here, but I'll keep my reservations to myself, 'cause you insulted me and you're now hiding your hands to say you want understanding and peace?

Okay.

Number 2 pointer is you trying to jam women's heads together. I have another third pointer...but I'll only hit the nail on its head and call you out if you push the right buttons enough. grin grin

Anyway, there are plenty of sensible women on the forum sha. If you think that is a rarity, then I must question your sanity. The sanity I cannot vouch for that your gender possesses on this forum.

Calling random people on the Internet old layers.

Lol, peace be unto you and your household.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
This one wey all of una just dey wish me peace, watin dey sup naw? grin grin

That one wished me peace on the other thread; ^ this one too.

Like, for reallllll?

The time that I will be in a chill zone and just being peaceful, that is when you people will be looking for my trouble.

Now that I am in an hyper mood, you people are choosing the high road. cry

It's not done that way o.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Is that why u women like treating other pple's children with so much hate nd wickedness
■cos I'm yet 2c any woman who truly nd geniunely love other pple's children in their care
LOL... Isn't this exactly what Nigerian men do when they refuse their wives from bringing kids from previous relationships into the home to live with them? undecided

It seems it is a Nigerian thing and not a gender-related issue then since Nigerian men are known to do pretty much the same as you have described here to children that are not theirs in a marriage. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Brian47:
I'm sure lots of lady will do that without thinking twice
So, why can't the same be said of men? undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
LOL... Isn't this exactly what Nigerian men do when they refuse their wives from bringing kids from previous relationships into the home to live with them? undecided

It seems it is a Nigerian thing and not a gender-related issue then since Nigerian men are known to do pretty much the same as you have described here to children that are not theirs in a marriage. undecided
Av seen a man who trained his wife's daughters up to the university. Though the children knw their biological father they still regard their step father as their real father.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
■Av seen a man who trained his wife's daughters up to the university. Though the children knw their biological father they still regard their step father as their real father.
There are equally examples of women out there who have done similar, but it still remains that a majority out there — men and women alike — look down on the children who were not born of the union. undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Fahvvy: 5:14am On Jan 19, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You literally could have ignored if you didn't want to continue...

But it's fine anyway.

Have a good night or until whenever (if) you're able to finish that and respond.

You're not in a position to tell me what I could've (or should've) done undecided...

But hopefully you'll take your own advice and ignore this undecided...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Brian47(m): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, why can't the same be said of men? undecided

Men and women are not the same
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 7:25am On Jan 19, 2023
Brian47:
Men and women are not the same
So it is OK when a man maltreats a child that is not his but not OK when a woman does the same?, undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Okoroawusa: 7:26am On Jan 19, 2023
Ladies that are ready to marry a man of 3 wives and you are talking of single father. Single father na hot cake nah!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by FAT17(f): 7:42am On Jan 19, 2023
it rear for you to see a man without a child or children is either the child or children are dead 2ru abortion or they are alive so when you see a responsible man single father or not that is ready to marry you don't hesitate
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are equally examples of women out there who have done similar, but it still remains that a majority out there — men and women alike — look down on the children who were not born of the union. undecided
It's true but the %tage of wickedness in women is higher than that of the men
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by faceLAGOS: 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
Single dad are okay.

If the mother is out of the picture.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
It's true but the %tage of wickedness in women is higher than that of the men
Stop lying! Many men altogether don't even want to use eye see the other child at all once they are married, and it remains that way for the entirety of the marriage in many cases. I know of a grown man — now in his 50s — whose mother had to hide his existence from his step-siblings because the man she married would not even hear of him. Fortunately, the man died over a decade ago, and that was when his mother then invited him over to come to live with her here in the USA where she had lived at that time over 30 years. Is that not wickedness, or do you think wickedness only happens when you live in the same house with an unwanted child? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Chee59(f): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! Many men altogether don't even want to use eye see the other child at all once they are married, and it remains that way for the entirety of the marriage in many cases. I know of a grown man — now in his 50s — whose mother had to hide his existence from his step-siblings because the man she married would not even hear of him. Fortunately, the man died over a decade ago, and that was when his mother then invited him over to come to live with her here in the USA where she had lived at that time over 30 years. Is that not wickedness, or do you think wickedness only happens when you live in the same house with an unwanted child? undecided
Too many stories I've seen on nairaland where the woman married but has to take her child to stay with her parents because the man does not want to see the child nor care for them because they're not his. I know what you're talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Jan 20, 2023
Chee59:
Too many stories I've seen on nairaland where the woman married but has to take her child to stay with her parents because the man does not want to see the child nor care for them because they're not his. I know what you're talking about.
That has in fact been the norm since the days of our ancestors though. I was shocked to find even those of them here in the US do it too. undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Minatouchiha(m): 1:35am On Jan 20, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Is that why u women like treating other pple's children with so much hate nd wickedness cos I'm yet 2c any woman who truly nd geniunely love other pple's children in their care

They are all thesame. But their wickedness get grade o. Some of this stepmother's na follow come from hell.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Chee59(f): 2:41am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That has in fact been the norm since the days of our ancestors though. I was shocked to find even those of them here in the US do it too. undecided
You know as e be. Social media creates this illusion.
People focus on women maltreating kids, which is criminal, in my opinion. But forget that some children have been separated almost permanently from their mothers because stepfather said so. That's another evil under the sun.
How you dey?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Brian47(m): 4:48am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So it is OK when a man maltreats a child that is not his but not OK when a woman does the same?, undecided
MA you're putting words in my mouth, this has nothing to do with the topic at all.
Who said it's okay to maltreat a child
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
Brian47:

MA you're putting words in my mouth, this has nothing to do with the topic at all.
Who said it's okay to maltreat a child
In your response it is implied that when a man maltreats a child it is not the same as when a woman maltreats a child.... one is more acceptable than the other. Na you talk am. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by pansophist(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2023
Chee59:
Well for me, I can't, I won't
Let him marry the mother of his children.
I didn't escape teenage pregnancy to become a mother to some woman's children, whilst she's still alive.
And as regards Okafor's Law, I hope y'all know there's a chance he'd still smash her sometime in the future.
Best to be completely avoided.
I'm a single childless woman. I want a man like me, so we can be experience family life and raising kids on a brand new page.

Agreed. People with clean slate should start life with others with clean slate. You don't have to proof or justify why you want a single man without kids, it's the norm since the beginning of time.

E come be like say this okafor law thingy de fear woman sha grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Chee59(f): 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
pansophist:

Agreed. People with clean slate should start life with others with clean slate. You don't have to proof or justify why you want a single man without kids, it's the norm since the beginning of time.

E come be like say this okafor law thingy de fear woman sha grin
But the law is very effective naaa grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
No, I won't... The last thing I want is some baby mama drama in my life.

Even if it happens that after getting married, my hubby cheats and ends up having a child outside, the marriage is over.

I don't ever see myself being a stepmother or enduring any baby mama drama.
Chee59:
I didn't escape teenage pregnancy to become a mother to some woman's children, whilst she's still alive.
And as regards Okafor's Law, I hope y'all know there's a chance he'd still smash her sometime in the future.
I'm a single childless woman. I want a man like me, so we can be experience family life and raising kids on a brand new page.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
Chee59:
I will be manage him if he has a lot of money!!!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
obinna58:

Yes it’s their choice to say yes but they have fickle mind, women are incompetent and confused, it takes little niceness to get them so emotional and so in love, they don’t know what they want but they surely can identify they love the present moment, it can’t go the other way round.

So bc you men know that women are very emotional that's why u lots use nd toil with them right? U lots lie to women to make dem fall for you just bc u all know that women are emotional. Na wa oo
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
obinna58:

You forgot they’re incompetent, fickle minded and confused
It’s men that decides for them
That is the responsibility of all men and that is what you lots were created for. So stop complaining!!!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by VendorGB: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
obinna58:

It’s not your decision to make, it’s about stability, worth, power and responsibility
It’s the single father’s decision to decide if you’ll be his own or not
Nice!
T-Mobile esim is available.

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Single Father? by obinna58(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2023
Prettygirl200:
That is the responsibility of all men and that is what you lots were created for. So stop complaining!!!
Glad it’s coming from a lady
I wasn’t complaining, if that’s what men are created for then don’t you think this topic/thread is invalid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men or Guys lie to thier Spouse.?? / Do You Believe In Love At First Sight? / ***7 Traits That Make Me Go Gaga***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.