Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,172 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related (51708 Views)

Getting Into The UK Property Market. How To? Teach Us How To? Get In Here / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Lexusgs430: 9:14pm On Feb 29
Pearlyfaze:

If Oga Boss @Lexusgs430 opens church I go be one of his first Protocol officers.

Wetin' him don do for me in this UK nor be small. I dey watch DSTV and plenty other things them, na him
Rent Money is dead money na him preach am make e from enter my madula.

Oga boss your face show, your shoe shine.

Only if you promise not to collobi my tithes/offerings........๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 9:31pm On Feb 29
profemebee:
Great way to end the month of love

Congrats..

Is it true that land registry takes time and can be done after completion date?

Yes it can be done after completion. Ours took about a month.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by profemebee(m): 11:00am On Mar 01
thanks for confirming, that was quick.. new build?

Estroller:

Yes it can be done after completion. Ours took about a month.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by solveabode(m): 9:43pm On Mar 01
Hello my people,
I got the attached quote for conveyancing.

I want to ask if its alright cos is far cheaper than others that I have gotten.

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by solveabode(m): 10:05pm On Mar 01
mohtunrahyor:

According to Moneybox, from receipt of the form, the whole process can take up to 10 working days if the request is for a full withdrawal of funds. Please note that this withdrawal can take longer if the customer is still contributing to their Lifetime ISA and/or requests that any pending government bonuses are also paid as part of the withdrawal.

Our solicitor received the funds from Moneybox within 3 - 4 working days after Moneybox received an email from the solicitor.
My husband- 3 working days
Mine - 4 working days because Solicitor responded to mine late, they thought itโ€™s one LISA.

Pls let me ask this question, I have LISA with moneybox that will be 1 year in May 2024 but my wife just opened in February,2024 We are in the process of buying a house, would she be entitled to the 25% bonus in May as I have added her as buying partner?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 11:18pm On Mar 01
profemebee:
thanks for confirming, that was quick.. new build?

No, but I don't think it matters.
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 11:22pm On Mar 01
solveabode:

Pls let me ask this question, I have LISA with moneybox that will be 1 year in May 2024 but my wife just opened in February,2024 We are in the process of buying a house, would she be entitled to the 25% bonus in May as I have added her as buying partner?

Yes to the bonus. What you won't be able to do is use her own LISA towards the purchase, to do that, you'll have to wait till the 1st anniversary of her LISA. She will also not be able to use the LISA towards a home purchase in future as she would have lost her FTB status.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by abubarakat: 10:29am On Mar 02
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a reputable builder in Liverpool. I have a 2 bed BTL that I want to refurbish.

If you know any reliable builder in that area, please let me know. Thanks
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Jamesclooney: 6:22pm On Mar 05
1. Has anyone bought a new build โ€œshow homeโ€ before? How much extra was it? Just feel a lot more stress-free than furnishing to the same standard.

2. Any concerns in buying a house in a 99% white community? Most new builds are in less urban areas with lots of non-immigrants as majority, kinda looking for a mix to get a good community vibe. Any tips on this?

Thanks ahead
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ugochinyere1(f): 7:02pm On Mar 05
Good evening.
Please is this the right account needed towards home purchase ejor? I just opened this today and want to be sure Iโ€™m on track ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Resurgent2016: 7:23pm On Mar 05
Ugochinyere1:
Good evening.
Please is this the right account needed towards home purchase ejor? I just opened this today and want to be sure Iโ€™m on track ๐Ÿ™

Yes

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ugochinyere1(f): 7:24pm On Mar 05
Resurgent2016:

Yes
Ooh great thank you so much for your swift response

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Santa2: 4:44am On Mar 06
Jamesclooney:
1. Has anyone bought a new build โ€œshow homeโ€ before? How much extra was it? Just feel a lot more stress-free than furnishing to the same standard.

2. Any concerns in buying a house in a 99% white community? Most new builds are in less urban areas with lots of non-immigrants as majority, kinda looking for a mix to get a good community vibe. Any tips on this?

Thanks ahead

I do not have first hand experience buying a show home but I know people who have and in each case they were happy with their purchase. I had to opportunity to buy a show home last year unfortunately my finances weren't in order, now I am the process of getting same type of house like the showhome but I can see that the showhome had a lot of extra in the build that I wish It was still available to me, I wouldn't mind paying more for all the extra's. In the case of the people I know that got show homes, some were able to negotiate very good discounts as the show home was the last to sell off in the development while others paid slightly more for the extra. I guess it depends on the developers and varying circumstances

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Jamesclooney: 6:31am On Mar 06
Santa2:

I do not have first hand experience buying a show home but I know people who have and in each case they were happy with their purchase. I had to opportunity to buy a show home last year unfortunately my finances weren't in order, now I am the process of getting same type of house like the showhome but I can see that the showhome had a lot of extra in the build that I wish It was still available to me, I wouldn't mind paying more for all the extra's. In the case of the people I know that got show homes, some were able to negotiate very good discounts as the show home was the last to sell off in the development while others paid slightly more for the extra. I guess it depends on the developers and varying circumstances
Thanks for your insight. Based on your experience/perspective. Whatโ€™s a reasonable/avg amount to set aside for the extras apart from the deposit? Extra 10k? 20k? Iโ€™m trying to plan as well so as not to be โ€œshockedโ€ at the additional costs involved. Thanks
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Pearlyfaze: 8:05am On Mar 06
Jamesclooney:

Thanks ahead

To give my opinion on the number two question.
I am the only black in my estate. The community have some Black families who have been there with no issues.

The colour of humans around you should not bother you at all. If the estate meets your requirements except the number of black people there, I will say be the first Black.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by profemebee(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06
I have a funny theory regarding showrooms which speaks to your nos 1 question

Since they're built first as the standard and all in many scenarios, the builders will have a lot of learning curves and points to take from it and use to build the other houses around it.. most times, show rooms are right there at the development site where the other new houses will be

My logic isn't to buy a show room.. i try not to get carried away with its beauty... ,you can take pictures and then work your new home to be furnished like it

my 2cents abi 2pence wink

2. Don't let that worry you too much.. if you're the first/only black, be a great representative.. If you're not.. enjoy.. make friends.. it is just skin.. we will turn to dust eventually

Jamesclooney:

Thanks ahead

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ugochinyere1(f): 7:59pm On Mar 06
Resurgent2016:

Yes
Hi good evening
Please if you wouldnโ€™t mind can I dm you?
I need some more clarification please
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Resurgent2016: 9:41pm On Mar 06
Ugochinyere1:

Hi good evening
Please if you wouldnโ€™t mind can I dm you?
I need some more clarification please

Sure
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ugochinyere1(f): 11:03pm On Mar 06
Resurgent2016:

Sure
Please kindly check your email ๐Ÿ™
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Resurgent2016: 7:40am On Mar 07
Ugochinyere1:

Please kindly check your email ๐Ÿ™

Seen, responded

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Domistic: 12:49pm On Mar 10
I need clarification
I read somewhere that if I use gift as deposit, that I have to pay tax if the gift is above ยฃ3000. I actually have about ยฃ5000 in Naija that I want to transfer to my Bros and he will In turn send it to me as a gift. How practicable is that ? As I also learnt they need to see his account statement.

Has anyone used gift from Naija as part of their mortgage deposit ? How did you go about that ?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Domistic: 12:50pm On Mar 10
solveabode:
Hello my people,
I got the attached quote for conveyancing.

I want to ask if its alright cos is far cheaper than others that I have gotten.
seems you used gift in your deposit. Was it from Naija ? How did it go?
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by solveabode(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10
Domistic:
seems you used gift in your deposit. Was it from Naija ? How did it go?
No. Uk
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by BuildingProject: 12:57am On Mar 11
Just want to confirm some things from the elders.

Have been planning to climb the ladder all this while, I moved my deposit to the UK from Nigeria long time ago, like 2 years now, but just because my bank account was new and I don't have the urge to shalaye to banks where the lump sum came from, so I left the funds in a relatives account ( British)

Now I have all my documents ready and want to put in an offer on a property.

My question is.....

Is it advisable to move the funds now to the bank account I want to use in getting the mortgage or I should wait till the bank approves the before transferring the funds to my account?

Giving that it's more than 2 years that the gbp has been transferred. Do I still need to provide documents /proof of funds during AML check?

If my relative transferred the funds to my account now, won't the bank assume it was a borrowed funds from him or how do I explain it was sent to him for safekeeping?

When is the right time to move the funds to my account? Now or after applying for a mortgage?

Thanks
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Ticha: 8:54am On Mar 11
BuildingProject:
Just want to confirm some things from the elders.

Have been planning to climb the ladder all this while, I moved my deposit to the UK from Nigeria long time ago, like 2 years now, but just because my bank account was new and I don't have the urge to shalaye to banks where the lump sum came from, so I left the funds in a relatives account ( British)

Now I have all my documents ready and want to put in an offer on a property.

My question is.....

Is it advisable to move the funds now to the bank account I want to use in getting the mortgage or I should wait till the bank approves the before transferring the funds to my account?

Giving that it's more than 2 years that the gbp has been transferred. Do I still need to provide documents /proof of funds during AML check?

If my relative transferred the funds to my account now, won't the bank assume it was a borrowed funds from him or how do I explain it was sent to him for safekeeping?

When is the right time to move the funds to my account? Now or after applying for a mortgage?

Thanks

Best and cleanest thing is for your relation to gift you the deposit. It has to be a gift with no reservations and the solicitor can help you draw up the right wording etc. And yes, AML applies to him and the funds. They should be prepared to provide upto 12 months worth of bank statements showing the funds.

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Santa2: 11:37am On Mar 11
Domistic:
I need clarification
I read somewhere that if I use gift as deposit, that I have to pay tax if the gift is above ยฃ3000. I actually have about ยฃ5000 in Naija that I want to transfer to my Bros and he will In turn send it to me as a gift. How practicable is that ? As I also learnt they need to see his account statement.

Has anyone used gift from Naija as part of their mortgage deposit ? How did you go about that ?

If the funds is yours, why dont you just transfer straight to your account, Explain it as your savings in Nigeria. Instead of sending to your brother first and then he sends to you as gift. You are allowed to have savings in Nigeria or any other country. So long as you defend it.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by mohtunrahyor(f): 9:37pm On Mar 11
ITโ€™S MY TESTIMONY TIME ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
MOVED INTO MY NEW HOME 29th FEBRUARY

Principality 4.8% for 27% deposit (Including Help to Buy Wales) with 2 years in the UK.

LISA Contribution with my husband started 23rd of September 2022 and Completed October 2023 to get a total of ยฃ20,000 (bonus included)

I really appreciate all of the information and encouragement given on the platform.

Thanks to @Lexuss430 and everyone for taking time to reply messages.

No more DEAD MONEY ๐ŸŽ‰

23 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by LaXxOnebody(m): 12:01am On Mar 12
Congratulations!

mohtunrahyor:

Principality 4.8% for 27% deposit (Including Help to Buy Wales) with 2 years in the UK.

LISA Contribution with my husband started 23rd of September 2022 and Completed October 2023 to get a total of ยฃ20,000 (bonus included)

I really appreciate all of the information and encouragement given on the platform.

No more DEAD MONEY ๐ŸŽ‰

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Estroller: 12:24am On Mar 12
mohtunrahyor:

No more DEAD MONEY ๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations on your new home

1 Like

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Domistic: 4:13am On Mar 12
Santa2:

If the funds is yours, why dont you just transfer straight to your account, Explain it as your savings in Nigeria. Instead of sending to your brother first and then he sends to you as gift. You are allowed to have savings in Nigeria or any other country. So long as you defend it.

The money is in crypto, at the moment
Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by seyejohn94: 1:27pm On Mar 12
๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿก Testimony Time! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿก

Guess who just conquered the infamous property ladder? That's right โ€” yours truly! ๐Ÿ™Œ After an exhilarating journey filled with twists, turns, and a whole lot of learning, I finally got the keys to my very own slice of heaven, just two days after sealing the deal.

Let me drop some key pointers for those eager to embark on their own property adventure:

Lisa Isn't for Everyone: If you're eyeing a cozy abode in London or certain sought-after spots, Lisa might not be your knight in shining armor. I learned this the hard way, but hey, lessons are part of the journey, right?

Solicitors: The Unsung Heroes (or Villains): Oh boy, let me tell you โ€” the role of solicitors in this process cannot be overstated. They can either be your best friends, smoothing out every bump in the road, or the stuff of nightmares, throwing obstacles in your path. Choose wisely!

Believe in the Power of Possibility: Through every hurdle, setback, and moment of doubt, one thing kept me going: the unwavering belief that anything is possible. And let me tell you, standing in my new home, that belief has never felt more real.

So, to all the dreamers out there eyeing their own spot on the property ladder, remember this: the journey may be challenging, but the view from the top? Absolutely worth it. ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ  #NewHomeJoy #PropertyAdventure

14 Likes

Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by Santa2: 3:28pm On Mar 12
seyejohn94:
๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿก Testimony Time! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿก

Guess who just conquered the infamous property ladder? That's right โ€” yours truly! ๐Ÿ™Œ After an exhilarating journey filled with twists, turns, and a whole lot of learning, I finally got the keys to my very own slice of heaven, just two days after sealing the deal.

Let me drop some key pointers for those eager to embark on their own property adventure:

Lisa Isn't for Everyone: If you're eyeing a cozy abode in London or certain sought-after spots, Lisa might not be your knight in shining armor. I learned this the hard way, but hey, lessons are part of the journey, right?

Solicitors: The Unsung Heroes (or Villains): Oh boy, let me tell you โ€” the role of solicitors in this process cannot be overstated. They can either be your best friends, smoothing out every bump in the road, or the stuff of nightmares, throwing obstacles in your path. Choose wisely!

Believe in the Power of Possibility: Through every hurdle, setback, and moment of doubt, one thing kept me going: the unwavering belief that anything is possible. And let me tell you, standing in my new home, that belief has never felt more real.

So, to all the dreamers out there eyeing their own spot on the property ladder, remember this: the journey may be challenging, but the view from the top? Absolutely worth it. ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ  #NewHomeJoy #PropertyAdventure

Congratulations on your purchase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Nairalander Trip To Ghana / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Airlines Warned To Avoid Iranian Airspace After Iran Shot Down โ‚ฆ79b US Spy Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.