Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage (2002 Views)

Just Laugh Before Over Seriousness Kill You / Everybody commit INCEST Without Knowing It... / What Do Women Take As Seriousness Or Commitment From An Admirer Aside Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
Some people must do wedding by force by fire sha so they can pepper their enemy. After wedding night and Honeymoon phase is done, reality set in and they found out the person that they marry is different from the person that they were dating. Then 8 months or 6 years later, they are divorcing.
Marriage is serious business and one should take time to know the person properly before marrying the person. Do not marry because you getting old or your elders are disturbing you to marry. Do not marry because she get nash or he is rich- know the person well. Do not marry someone and keep big secrets e.g you have a child and your future spouse does not know or you rob or kidnap for a living. Because after person spend millions of naira on wedding , you are on your own.
If you are abroad, you divorce your spouse- the woman take half and if you get pikin- you must pay child support by force

3 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by peter0071(m): 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
i always advise the younger ones to go into mentorship and counsellorship before venturing into marriage

2 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by yrhuhfy113: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
As long as the TRUTH is not marketed as viral as the misleading music, movies, skits and trends.... THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS BE BURIED.... but the hope we have is that we know, THE TRUTH WAS ONCE BURIED FOR 3 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS, BUT RESURRECTED.... Jesus is coming soon, there is an END TIME REVIVAL ......many wrong marriages will force many to their KNEES and make them cry out to GOD and they will be saved.

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by javaguru: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
another thing,
marry from ur tribe, e get y.
this is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by internationalman(m): 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
Too many Alpha males are meeting too many feminists, that's why there are many failed marriages nowadays.

9 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
the rate of divorce and failed marriage these days dey fear me to marry

2 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Red02(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

many wrong marriages will force many to their KNEES and make them cry out to GOD and they will be saved.

Just how??
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Red02(m): 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Marriage is bliss when the people involved want it to be

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by marlow1962(m): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
Modern marriages are nothing but a transactional agreement between two morons.

Everybody now marries because of pussy,breast,nyash and money. You better die that idea of love when it comes to marriage.

It was definitely not like this during the times of our mum and dad, nowadays u can’t even ask a lady out, so just get ur money and watch gold diggers come ur way all in the name of “I love u”.

I have been truthful to myself long gone that if I can’t find a good woman ( I am not talking about old cargos that are now trying to be all nice and calmly cus their time is now ticking faster then x3), I am definitely going for the baby mama option.

Everybody out there is hunting for who they can use, and ain’t want to be tha 1.

Society has made it that, love can now be bought (wtf), I will NEVER buy love. Loving/getting married to me for what I am and not for who I am (nahh that’s crazy)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by nicerod(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
Don't let anyone pressure u into marriage.

Some are regretting it

Take ya time

Know urself and the personality that fits in

Pray to God

Last have enough money the two of u e get why

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Ekejoestar(m): 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
internationalman:
Too many Alpha males are meeting too many feminists, that's why there are many failed marriages nowadays.

Honestly, the problem is that too many ideologies are flying around the air, and people tend to get confused with such cos no one knows what to believe anymore, lol, people even lose their sense of identity in the midst of all the chaos.

2 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by purehustle101(m): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
In all your doings as a man never marry a hoe! Don't tell me you never knew she was a hoe! With there appearance one way or the other you mind must have told you. But you will be blinded with the cushie and the fear of not seeing someone else you like. Not all women deserve marriage, some are just sex object. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Aklee4994(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
A high chief comrade once made a circle ⭕️ of modern marriage
Ilegend can’t hear from you again...wetin Dey sup

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by theophorus(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
Life no hard but if dem tell you say he easy, my brother na setup ooo.

There is rise in the number of ladies who just want the title once married, so becareful make he no be say na one of dem go carry you Handicap.

Dey Pray ooo.

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
anthonyuncle:
There is nothing to fear, Looking and marrying the right person will ease your fears.
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2023
Abi1985:

There is nothing to fear, Looking and marrying the right person will ease your fears.

the divorcees thought they had the right person
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
As long as the TRUTH is not marketed as viral as the misleading music, movies, skits and trends.... THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS BE BURIED.... but the hope we have is that we know, THE TRUTH WAS ONCE BURIED FOR 3 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS, BUT RESURRECTED.... Jesus is coming soon, there is an END TIME REVIVAL ......many wrong marriages will force many to their KNEES and make them cry out to GOD and they will be saved.
There are no such thing as wrong marriages. Instead, there are ignorant people going into marriage for the wrong reason or with wrong expectations. undecided
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
javaguru:
another thing, marry from ur tribe, e get y. this is Nigeria.
So all people wey marry from their tribe come end up divorced at the speed of light nko?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
anthonyuncle:
The rate has been the same as it was during the day of your ancestors. Only today it is no longer a hidden fact. undecided

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
marlow1962:
Modern marriages are nothing but a transactional agreement between two morons.....
Everybody out there is hunting for who they can use, and ain’t want to be tha 1.

Society has made it that, love can now be bought (wtf), I will NEVER buy love. Loving/getting married to me for what I am and not for who I am (nahh that’s crazy)
Marriage, from its beginning, has always been a transactional agreement between a man and a woman. Your forefathers took advantage of that very fact to build a reputation for themselves as gods in marriage over the women who has no choice but to submit or be shamed, all thanks to society. Today, society is no longer able to hide behind the Old masks is why it seems as though it all got worse almost overnight but what you see today is the result of what has been building over the last 60 or so years thanks to your ancestors. undecided

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The rate has been the same as it was during the day of your ancestors. Only today it is no longer a hidden fact. undecided

it's not the same

1 Like

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by yrhuhfy113: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are no such thing as wrong marriages. Instead, there are ignorant people going into marriage for the wrong reason or with wrong expectations. undecided

pls complete your statement... don't just try to say something NEW.

if the IGNORANT PEOPLE on whatever level of ignorance... come together to MARRY and they had wrong reasons and wrong expections....

PLS EXPLAIN HOW THE MARRIAGE WASN'T A WRONG ONE... A BAD MOVE.

kindly explain in detail if your motive was genuinely to pass knowledge in truth.
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Abi1985:
Some people must do wedding by force by fire sha so they can pepper their enemy. After wedding night and Honeymoon phase is done, reality set in and they found out the person that they marry is different from the person that they were dating. Then 8 months or 6 years later, they are divorcing.
Marriage is serious business and one should take time to know the person properly before marrying the person. Do not marry because you getting old or your elders are disturbing you to marry. Do not marry because she get nash or he is rich- know the person well. Do not marry someone and keep big secrets e.g you have a child and your future spouse does not know or you rob or kidnap for a living. Because after person spend millions of naira on wedding , you are on your own.
If you are abroad, you divorce your spouse- the woman take half and if you get pikin- you must pay child support by force

Obviously, that is true, Compassion, compromise, forgiveness, tolerance, honesty etc., should be at the forefront of being with a partner. There is always that honeymoon period when you achieve what you have always wanted. But what next after the honeymoon period? Taking care of the family, your time gets rationed, caring for babies, planning for the future as a household not just yourself etc.
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
anthonyuncle:
it's not the same
Of course it doesn't seem the same because the women abandoned in marriage during the days of your forefathers had to live in shame and hiding from society all so the men who abandoned them could keep their reputation. Now, women no longer choose to live in shame and be beaten down by society as their mothers before them, and so it all looks like something new to those of you who lived ignorant of the truth. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
■ pls complete your statement... don't just try to say something NEW.
■ if the IGNORANT PEOPLE on whatever level of ignorance... come together to MARRY and they had wrong reasons and wrong expections.... PLS EXPLAIN HOW THE MARRIAGE WASN'T A WRONG ONE... A BAD MOVE. kindly explain in detail if your motive was genuinely to pass knowledge in truth.
Again, there is no such thing as wrong marriage. Instead there are wrong reasons and wrong expectations. undecided

1. A man who has wrong reasons and wrong expections of marriage is to blame for how his marriage turns out. Garbage-in-garbage-out is a rule that pretty much applies most everything out there... except maybe the composting and recycling industries. undecided
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
marlow1962:
Modern marriages are nothing but a transactional agreement between two morons.

Everybody now marries because of pussy,breast,nyash and money. You better die that idea of love when it comes to marriage.

It was definitely not like this during the times of our mum and dad, nowadays u can’t even ask a lady out, so just get ur money and watch gold diggers come ur way all in the name of “I love u”.

I have been truthful to myself long gone that if I can’t find a good woman ( I am not talking about old cargos that are now trying to be all nice and calmly cus their time is now ticking faster then x3), I am definitely going for the baby mama option.

Love does not exist. Maybe like, but not love. However, contrary to your initial statement, marriages from time immemorial have always been transactional. This belief that love sustains marriage is a lie - it has always been what do you bring to the table?. BTW, human relationships are largely transactional. The issue, in my opinion, has been the rise in feminism, as it has disrupted the initial arrangement. So, there has been a sort of clash of ideologies where people want to do gender equality practices in a traditional setting. While gender equality is good for the economy (more participants in the economy for companies to employ and tax revenues to be generated), it does not work in households. In fact, the more gender equal a society is, the fewer the number of marriages and a decline in birth rates. Examples abound across the world. As more women are educated and enter the workforce, they tend to postpone marriage and childbearing.

As for the bold, it is more expensive than marrying a woman. You cannot build wealth or adequately raise children within a baby-mama setting. I once had a similar thought and found out by reading research papers and articles that children raised within a two-parent household have better outcomes than those raised in a single-parent, especially for single mothers. For instance, in the US, single fathers out-earn their single mothers counterparts. In Japan, single mothers make up a significant proportion of people living in poverty. In the US, like elsewhere in the developed and even developing world, married couples out-earn their single counterparts and have bigger investments and tax benefits. Also, within the Nigerian context, you cannot "control" a baby-mama as she has no legal connection with you beyond childbearing. Children, to be properly raised, need the input of both parents except for unforeseen circumstances. That happens more frequently in a two-parent household than that in a single-parent. It is expensive to raise children in such a setting, even more so in Nigeria, where the gov't does not give a damn.

I call it youthful exuberance, but people should look at the facts. It is better to be single and contribute your time to charitable outreaches than trying to be get a baby-mama, who will later get married as a typical Nigerian female. The exception will be middle-aged people who later adopt children, but for younger people (20s - 30s), the best bet is to get married.

That aside, notwithstanding the narratives pushed out that marriage is not good or Nigerian men are scum or the women are not good for marriage, people are always getting married. In fact, all the girls I know that were sexually liberal during school days don marry, including the conservative ones. All this "Nigerian men must insist on marrying virgins" does not exist in real life. Also, I have never read a married man written about being an alfa meil. Not once. Anytime I open Facebook or Instagram, I see photos of classmates/friends/acquaintances who just wedded and so far, none has divorced. In fact, dem don born like three children. All the rants on Twitter na youthful exuberance. Generally, as people get older, they become more conservative. As for the west, married people live longer and have happier lives. Research papers have been published to know this.

I can't wait to see the outcomes of those who practice wokeism to the very end, especially those in Nigeria. grin

4 Likes

Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse it doesn't seem the same because the women abandoned it marriage during the days of your forefathers had to live in shame and hiding from society all so the men who abandoned them could keep their reputation. Now, women no longer choose to live in shame and beaten down by society as their mothers before them did and so it all looks like something new to those of you who lived ignorant of the truth. undecided

you just mentioned one of the differences
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
anthonyuncle:
you just mentioned one of the differences
I mentioned the major difference there is. Did you know that even as far back as 1980s, divorce rate up in the North was up to 60% in some places like, while during the same time in the south people continued to pretend marriage was sacred even as marriage abandonment --- children abandoned in it too --- and adultery continued to be the norm? undecided
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I mentioned the major difference there is. Did you know that even as far back as 1980s, divorce rate up in the North was up to 60% in some places like, while during the same time in the south people continued to pretend marriage was sacred even as marriage abandonment --- children abandoned in it too --- and adultery continued to be the norm? undecided

how did you generate your stats
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
anthonyuncle:
how did you generate your stats
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J087v21n03_08?journalCode=wjdr20
The Extent and Rate of Divorce in Plateau State, Nigeria 1980 to 1988
The major issue for this research was to investigate the extent and rate of divorce, its causes and attitudes toward divorce laws. This study surveyed 3500 people from the selected local government areas. The findings show high divorce rate, and 71.2% of the husbands had their divorce in courts as opposed lo 76.6% of the wives who had their marriages annulled in courts. Adultery ranked the highest among the reasons for divorce, while the wives were more likely than their husbands to have negative attitudes toward divorce laws because they are always the victims of divorce not protected by the law.
Notice that the major reason for these divorces even back in the 1980s was due to adultery in marriage. So, you can see how the image of life in marriage down in the south has been artificially kept the way it has for a long time by a culture of deceit. undecided
Re: Many People Enter Marriage Without Knowing The Seriousness Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
Gerrard59:
That aside, notwithstanding the narratives pushed out that marriage is not good or Nigerian men are scum or the women are not good for marriage, people are always getting married. In fact, all the girls I know that were sexually liberal during school days don marry, including the conservative ones. All this "Nigerian men must insist on marrying virgins" does not exist in real life. Also, I have never read a married man written about being an alfa meil. Not once. Anytime I open Facebook or Instagram, I see photos of classmates/friends/acquaintances who just wedded and so far, none has divorced. In fact, dem don born like three children. All the rants on Twitter na youthful exuberance. Generally, as people get older, they become more conservative. As for the west, married people live longer and have happier lives. Research papers have been published to know this.

I can't wait to see the outcomes of those who practice wokeism to the very end, especially those in Nigeria. grin
I think you have this backward. What you see as marriage culture today is a culmination of societal practices and ideas/traditions that have been in place for at least the last 50 to 60 years in southern Nigeria. I say southern Nigeria because the North has been much different in its handling of marriage and issues related to marriage during that same time.
The Extent and Rate of Divorce in Plateau State, Nigeria 1980 to 1988
The major issue for this research was to investigate the extent and rate of divorce, its causes and attitudes toward divorce laws. This study surveyed 3500 people from the selected local government areas. The findings show high divorce rate, and 71.2% of the husbands had their divorce in courts as opposed lo 76.6% of the wives who had their marriages annulled in courts. Adultery ranked the highest among the reasons for divorce, while the wives were more likely than their husbands to have negative attitudes toward divorce laws because they are always the victims of divorce not protected by the law.

So, you shouldn't be concerned about what you call "wokeism" yet. Your attention should instead be directed at understanding where your ancestor went wrong as far as marriage to have led to what you see today. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rihanna poses with her baby in new magazine photoshoot / 18 secrets Disgusting Things Men Do / Girls are Dangerous!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.