Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time (38773 Views)

Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 / Senator Ekwunife Poses With Her New Innoson Ikenga, Lists 5 Months Achievements / Soldiers Detain NAN Photojournalist At EFCC Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Headachetoigboh(f): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
OsunOriginal:
What do you expect? Ibo-made vehicles grin grin grin grin

Tribalism have eaten so deep inside of you.Atleast they manufactured one . Which one did your people manufacture?
If not tia tia foot with big nyash with dirty cloths smelling walking up and down selling agbo Jedi jedi

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by ebufa: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
Biodun556:
NAN reports that this is the second time the agency would be rejecting Innoson’s vehicles due to either non-compliance with specifications or mechanical fault.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/577091-nan-returns-new-innoson-bus-says-its-faulty.html

So they did not test drive the vehicles before they took delivery? Innosson should avoid such incidents and ensure all vehicles are tested and inspected by clients before delivery is made! Quality control maybe lax in the factory..............gaps will always be exploited by the vampires we call fellow compatriots........no naivety with our '' brothers'' !!
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
Yaribanzaonic:
Toyota ..Honda...Nissan..mercedes benz...volvo..tesla...bmw....

have faulty vehicles and do auto recalls..
.but because of ya foolishness you forgot that and resorted to ya default mode of insulting IGBO peeps.

lanre Shittu owns JAC motos patronised by most SW atates and ...they have humongous "backlash" because their cars and other vehicles are useless. You dont see IGBOs there talking down the man, Even though his cars are trashy.

grow up..old fuul...what happened to your

ngeneukwuenu, oyigboupdate,omeka,omenkalives, icar monikers?? you are just a resounding failure that sees the BIG IGBOs in your tiny agbado brain...spits!!

How about you appealing to Innoson to do the same instead of displaying nonsense here? Are we even supposed to hear about this if Innoson had done the right thing since. Stop displaying madness here in the name of defending nonsense
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Optmus(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lalar27:
Why Is it that anything that comes from biafra land is always fake and substandard now innoson lol
If innoson want his car to survive the Nigerian market I will advise the man to move his factory/plant from Anambra and take it to either Lagos ogun or Ibadan where there are a lot of skilled workers that will be willing to work for his company.
He should learn from dangote bua and other billionaires that have big market in Nigeria this is what they did and their markets survived.
Anambra have no skilled workers most of them are unskilled compared to Ibadan workers
This is the advice I have for innoson if he want to really achieve like dangote or bua

Retched bàstárd advising a billionaire grin
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by leokid866: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
Goodlady:

I worked hard for my money. I don't depend only on God
I find that hard to believe.......
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
inspirator1:

The agency had paid Innoson the sum of N49.5 million, including taxes, for the purchase of the bus on 17 November 2021.

Trouble, however, started when the company on 16 November 2021, delivered a 30-seater bus that was not in line with the specifications it reached with the Agency.

How was the above possible? Let's stop this nonsense journalism targeted against each other in this country . It won't end well o.

What is your point exactly, lazy ass? The agency lied against Innoson or something?
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by ebufa: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
famouscargo4u:

What are you saying?! Would you buy a substandard product because it was produced by your sister or brother? Let's tell ourselves the truth. Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well.

Substandard is a stretch from a product developing or having a fault straight from the factory! Even my new Tesla y (dual motor) had issues from the factory.....it took 4 months for it to be rectified..............millions of vehicles are "recalled" routinely in America! so what is the big deal! How I hate the way we veil open tribalism in the name of constructive arguments!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Yaribanzaonic: 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
That is why..idiotic agbado like you are fuuulish and stewpid. Even Tesla, with all innovations are having issues, let alone established brands like Benz, Bmw ,Volkswagen etc. Even Toyota and Honda, with Nissan aint finding easy out here. but you want to mock innoson, because its an IGBO vehicle?? you are unshakable in your stewpidity. ..spits!!

maasoap:

How about you appealing to Innoson to do the same instead of displaying nonsense here? Are we even supposed to hear about this if Innoson had done the right thing since. Stop displaying madness here in the name of defending nonsense
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Pakute: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2023
Goodlady:

Sir, e o lopolo rara! You don't v sense sir.
I respectfully tell you that your IQ is the lowest on this forum.
I m aware FG is patronizing Innosson. But the same FG gas senators n reps that rejected the car's recently n Nigerians are yet to patronise them massively.
Because pe o ti n doko nisin, you throw respect out of the window, right?. Anytime i try educate your ignorant ass, the boil under your legs start biting you. Even your father can't give you half the enlightenment that i give you for free.
What is the business of FG with NASS?, maybe you should sponsor a bill in the house to make them pass a law for them to compulsorily patronize Innoson as per say he's the only local manufacturer in the country. Ori e ti baje. How many local manufacturers received as much support as he does get & do you hear them sulk like a typical bitch that you are?
Go and ask your father to go patronize him if you think Govt hasn't done enough, you hear?

1 Like

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Idiko1: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
Biodun556:
NAN reports that this is the second time the agency would be rejecting Innoson’s vehicles due to either non-compliance with specifications or mechanical fault.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) has demanded the immediate replacement of a new bus supplied to the agency by Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited.
The demand was made in a letter the agency despatched to Innoson even as it expressed regrets over the patronage of Made-in-Nigeria vehicles.

The letter dated 16 January and signed by the agency’s Principal Legal Officer, Mojirola Eniola, stated in part:

“Following the failure of your organisation to meet our demands for the evacuation and replacement of the faulty 30-seater bus (IVM6751) supplied to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) within seven (7) days of the receipt of our letter dated January 6, 2023, we have been left with no choice but to return the vehicle to your premises.”

NAN reports that this is the second time the agency would be rejecting the company’s vehicles due to either non-compliance with specifications or mechanical fault.

In line with the Buhari administration’s admonition to patronise local industries, the agency had some time in 2021 approached the motor vehicle plant to supply it with a 30-seater bus for its workers.

The agency had paid Innoson the sum of N49.5 million, including taxes, for the purchase of the bus on 17 November 2021.

Trouble, however, started when the company on 16 November 2021, delivered a 30-seater bus that was not in line with the specifications it reached with the Agency.

The agency promptly rejected the bus and directed its solicitors to demand a replacement in line with the agreed specifications.

Atiku-Okowa AD

In its 1 February 2022 letter to Innoson through its solicitors, the agency demanded a replacement within 14 days or face legal action.

Responding to the threat, Innoson in a letter dated 14 February 2022, apologised to NAN for the inconvenience it had caused the Agency.

“We want to use this medium to apologise to your client (NAN) for any inconvenience that they may have experienced due to their complaint,” the letter signed by a director, Jonas Ojukwu, said.

Mr Ojukwu, who in the letter claimed that his company does not sell refurbished vehicles, promised to replace the rejected vehicle.

“We will bring in a replacement brand new Innoson 30-seater bus to your client (News Agency of Nigeria) before the fourteen (14) days that you stated from the date of receipt of your letter and we shall retrieve the one supplied before now.

“We want to assure you that our business relationship will not be thwarted by any form of dissatisfaction for our desire is to serve our customers to the best of their satisfaction,” Mr Ojukwu stated.

In spite of the assurances in Mr Ojukwu’s correspondence, the replacement vehicle delivered to NAN on 8 April 2022 only worsened the agency’s transportation woes as it was dogged by successive mechanical faults.

Before the eventual evacuation of the vehicle to the Innoson Abuja office, the bus had been lying idle on the agency’s premises for several months due to mechanical faults.

The Agency’s Head of Technical Department, Aaron Miller, said the vehicle since delivery had been permanently grounded due to a faulty gearbox.

He said several appeals made to the Innoson Abuja office to evacuate the vehicle for repairs were ignored.

“We made several representations to them to repair this faulty gearbox all to no avail.

“On the three occasions their technicians showed up to ostensibly repair the vehicle, the problems persisted, causing embarrassment to the agency, ” he said.

Frustrated by the vehicle company’s noncommittal response in evacuating the vehicle, the agency issued another seven-day ultimatum to Innoson Abuja office in a letter dated 6 January.

This was to be followed by a final notice in a 16 January letter and the eventual towing of the faulty vehicle to the Abuja premises of Innoson on Tuesday after the company reneged on its pledge to evacuate the vehicle.

When a NAN correspondent contacted Mr Ojukwu on phone, he said the bus would be repaired.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/577091-nan-returns-new-innoson-bus-says-its-faulty.html

The action of News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the publicity stunt, is a display from moronic dingbat. Anything made by man, even in some cases by almighty, can be faulty.
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by ZombieSlayer1: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
Corrinthians:
This boy's name is Ochereome, he's the younger brother to the girl above, Nkiru. Go and verify. grin
You'll soon die on top igbo matter
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Pakute: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
Headachetoigboh:

Tribalism have eaten so deep inside of you.Atleast they manufactured one . Which one did your people manufacture?
If not tia tia foot with big nyash with dirty cloths smelling walking up and down selling agbo Jedi jedi
Werey, have you heard of ProForce?.. Google it. Innoson vehiles have killed more people than ipob/UGM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by tyinfinity: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
Peter obi is counterfeit and fake
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

If the chief complaint was over defective vehicles, then yes this could be referred to regulators. However, the agency is not even trying to down that route.

This is not a vehicle manufacturing issue. This is a simple contractual issue - I paid for service, I deserve service. sImple.

Now yes the government and all it's agencies should not destroy local industries, similarly, local producers have a responsibility to at least do the bare minimum. It costs Innoson absolutely nothing to evacuate faulty buses and replace them. What operational challenges could justify not doing so?

So you can't leave the major failing here and focus on the reactive failing in order to paint the picture of being marginalised. Stop it! That is to say, one who means well for Nigeria should first caution Innoson to do the right thing, before quarreling with their disgruntled customer for calling them out.

It has gear issue but you said that it is not a manufacturing issue! Can you people read and comprehend at all?
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by famouscargo4u: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
ebufa:

Substandard is a stretch from a product developing or having a fault straight from the factory! Even my new Tesla y (dual motor) had issues from the factory.....it took 4 months for it to be rectified..............millions of vehicles are "recalled" routinely in America! so what is the big deal! How I hate the way we veil open tribalism in the name of constructive arguments!

Forget tribalism. I won't patronise my family business if it does not give me value for me.
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Truthfulguy10: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
You paid N49million for 30 seater units of buses.
Which is less than 1.3m per bus. This is how you want to patronize your country.

Innoson was founded in 2007
Toyota was founded in 1937
And you want Innosson to be like Toyota. The government of Japan funded Toyota why innoson started and funded itself from the scratch.

The government of Sierra loan bought vehicles from Innosson and have not had any problem but Nigerians instead of supporting their own brand keeps demarketing their brand because he is an Igbo man.

Obi is coming and Nigeria shall be great again.

Nigerians are their own problem
Tribalism at its peak
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by RichAbujaGuy: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
One vehicle is no big deal, the situation will be corrected amicably. Give credit to the FG for awarding Innoson Motors the 🚌 business contracts. Its a growing process. Imagine one day the company having factories all over Naija and aboard.
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
Yaribanzaonic:
That is why..idiotic agbado like you are fuuulish and stewpid. Even Tesla, with all innovations are having issues, let alone established brands like Benz, Bmw ,Volkswagen etc. Even Toyota and Honda, with Nissan aint finding easy out here. but you want to mock innoson, because its an IGBO vehicle?? you are unshakable in your stewpidity. ..spits!!

You are still vomiting shiit through your mouth. Brands having issues and challenges is not the problem here, how about you telling your "brother" to get his shiit right and develop a robust after-sales-service since it is your job to defend nonsense?
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by udemzyudex(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
Very useless set of people.

What's with the news?
Top car brands do recalls, which make them lose millions of dollars,go online and check it, that's why there's is warranty for new cars, gadgets etc.

What's the fuse all about?
Other top brands have made a recall on same models more than 2 times or less so ?

See as dem dey de market their own, useless people.

1 Like

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by do4luv14(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
Which is less than 1.3m per bus. This is how you want to patronize your country.

And you want Innosson to be like Toyota. The government of Japan funded Toyota why innoson started and funded itself from the scratch.

The government of Sierra loan bought vehicles from Innosson and have not had any problem but Nigerians instead of supporting their own brand keeps demarketing their brand because he is an Igbo man.

The fault might even be from the NAN, and their failure to maintain the Bus, Then called a mechanic that does not understand the bus to work on it,

Innoson had been selling Buses since, None of those has had Problem,

NAN should come clean and said the truth
By the way what senseless Standard of this Govt are they saying
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Laideabdulahi: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lalar27:
Why Is it that anything that comes from biafra land is always fake and substandard now innoson lol
If innoson want his car to survive the Nigerian market I will advise the man to move his factory/plant from Anambra and take it to either Lagos ogun or Ibadan where there are a lot of skilled workers that will be willing to work for his company.
He should learn from dangote bua and other billionaires that have big market in Nigeria this is what they did and their markets survived.
Anambra have no skilled workers most of them are unskilled compared to Ibadan workers
This is the advice I have for innoson if he want to really achieve like dangote or bua

No be only Ibadan, na Ekiti skilled workers.
Ibadan mechanics that Spoilt my Lexus for me.

Just dey hype rubbish
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
Idiko1:

The action of News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the publicity stunt, is a display from moronic dingbat. Anything made by man, even in some cases by almighty, can be faulty.

Can you tell me anything you purchased over a year ago that's faulty from day one but the seller had not deemed it fit to address your concern?
Imagine yourself purchased a bus at a price of 50 million naira since November 2021 but still useless to you as at January 2023 with the manufacturer not willing to engage you and find solution to it!
We're even talking about the manufacturer here, not ordinary importer/seller!
Publicity stunt after one year of selling useless crap to them with zero after sales services? Na wa for una!
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Laideabdulahi: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
The problem I am facing with 2012/14 Ford Edges are problems even Ford Office attested to where factory issues.

If your ford wasn't recalled, I am sorry.

The African country that bought dozens of Innoson vehicles are yet to report any issue..
I learnt they came back to Nigeria to purchase more.

The issue no be big deal abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by uniquelyspecial(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
OsunOriginal:
What do you expect? Ibo-made vehicles grin grin grin grin
I expect some persons to be foolish enough to say this.

Boom!
You became the unfortunate one
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Aninri: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
Did you read the write up before countering it! It never said that Japanese government founded Toyota but funds it. For instance through grants etc. Go and learn how to read and Comprehend.

shegra58:
must you lie to justify whatever you're trying to say?
Government of Japan didn't found Toyota
The founder is Kiichiro Toyoda
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by tk4radi: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
Biodun556:

Ok..

Now that this is out in the open, they have tried very well.
Were any of them heading to the courts?

Only one vehicle returned, and they are making this magnitude of noise.??
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by SmartyPants(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

It has gear issue but you said that it is not a manufacturing issue! Can you people read and comprehend at all?

Don't be stupid. Read through my previous comments and learn not to to jump into conversations when you don't know how we got where we are.
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by Spain007(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
BossGerald:

Yoruba and tribalism

Ngati ngati pple.....na their way
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by maasoap(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

Don't be stupid. Read through my previous comments and learn not to to jump into conversations when you don't know how we got where we are.

The common sense in you should have called on Innoson to address the problem over a year after pocketing the agency's 50 million naira. But here you are, like the rest, defending nonsense and blaming the victim.

SmartyPants:

If the chief complaint was over defective vehicles, then yes this could be referred to regulators. However, the agency is not even trying to down that route.

This is not a vehicle manufacturing issue. This is a simple contractual issue - I paid for service, I deserve service. sImple.

Now yes the government and all it's agencies should not destroy local industries,

Bullshit
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by DropsMic(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
michlins:
Nigeria demarkets her own in every possible way. Issues like this are handled with confidentiality. How do you expect other countries to patronise your own if you do something like this

It's an Igbo company bro. That's the Nigeria we live in
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by soojar(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ogonimilitant:

One unit of 30-seater bus, not 30 buses.

We learn everyday
Re: NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time by slowice(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2023
Even the best vehicle brands do have factory faults and sometimes are recalled.

NaN is here talking down on a local brand because it's made in Nigeria. Total have over 20 innoson cars, lots of private owners in portharcourt. even yesterday , I saw two ivm caries and one ikenga in pH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 / Governor Aregbesola Challenges Man Who Refused To Respect Him / Katsina Villagers Lure Bandits Into A Trap, Kill 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.