Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Are Women Outliving Men? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Outliving Men? (16781 Views)

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? / Why Are Women Like This? / Why Are Women So scarce At That Point A Man Really Wants A Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

All about lifestyle.
Even without these 'pressures' you claim the 'man' goes through around you, it is still a global phenomenon that men in the anywhere in the world have a shorter lifespan than women.

There is NO STRESS worse that takes a toll than child bearing and rearing for women. . . .which most men escape. This stress on women alone TO CARRY AND RAISE A CHILD OR CHILDREN is enough to KILL EVERY WOMAN that has embarked on that journey. But they still manage to cope and survive right? If most men were single-parents, their lifespan would have been 1/4 that of women world-wide!

ESPECIALLY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY WITH DIFFERENT CULTURES THAN YOURS, where our traditional methods of discipline will fail you.

Try ya luck. . . .especially raising FEMALE CHILDREN!!! You will die and resurrect everyday. . . till you finally stroke out! cheesy

You skipped the part the report said it wasn't so centuries ago, I think it is some sort of evolution...grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Mindlog: 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
AreaFada2:

Correct. There are even some inherited conditions that women give to their sons that can be deadly but doesn't affect daughters. It is carried in the genes of a woman but becomes a problem when passed on to a son.
An example is Haemophilia A. It is genetically X chromosome linked. Since girls have XX chromosome, even if faulty gene is inherited from mother, the other good X one from the father compensates for it. So the blood clotting Factor XIII absent in affected boys will be still present in girls despite carrying the gene. Even up to our genes, we men dey help women instead of men. So man na simp right up to the gene. grin cheesy

My belief is that there are a lot more unknown (vast but currently unquantifiable) compensations females benefit genetically through XX genes which men don't have. Oestrogen definitely has a protective role in women. You can see the effect post-menopausal as hormones levels drop increasingly.

More scientifically, epigenetic clock has been used quite well to examine biological aging. This is insightful in Taiwos and Kehindes who are male and female. The clock tracks methylation of DNA (among other indictors) in many mixed gender twins as biological markers of aging process.

These indictors can be roughly predict likely of developing medical conditions, metabolic diseases, autoimmune, cancer, etc at an earlier or older age. This roughly indicates actual biological age compared to chronological age (how long ago one was born). Biological ages of someone born in 1950 and 1960 may be similar. That's why some people live longer, assuming no fatal accident.

Of course lifestyle plays a part. In places where more men gave up smoking over the last few decades, life expectancy of men improved. Finland is an example.

You just took me back to my undergrad Health Psychology class! :πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Saintmary(f): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mindlog:
Biologically from the onset, the XX make up of females gives them a protective advantage when it comes to survival, reason boys are more likely to be stillborn than girls and under 5 infant mortality is more prevalent in boys.

So from conception, childhood, adolescenthood, adulthood to old age.....males die earlier.

It's a result of reckless lifestyle.

Alcohol
Multiple sexual relationships
Risky activities
Criminal lifestyle

Amongst many other things.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Bmaster(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
1Sharon:

You mean you believe people Iived up to 500 years like the Bible said? grin
why not ?
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Ckonnet: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mindlog:

That is so not right! Are you not also her son and would benefit from you being educated?

Mine was, whoever had money at the given point in time, drops it and that why I was collecting from both of them as na 2 of dem join body born me!😊

She was n still a sweet woman to me, my favourite but I make sure my pops gets more money from me. Even in relationships it plays out evidently but na another day matter. Women are more emotionally smart than us in terms of survival.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by 1Sharon(f): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bmaster:
why not ?

Lol.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by casualobserver: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/why-women-live-longer-than-men-2/

Guessing matter ke? undecided

I think as I get older, I do not tend indulge in unhealthy relationships or habits as a female. I am quite content with my ALONE time without looking for attention from same or opposite sex. I have made all the friends and companions I could ever possibly make and have ABSOLUTELY no room for new friendships or relationships. Advantages?

1. I eat and sleep well, exercize and do only things that give me peace and pleasure. I have become extremely selfish with my body and soul that I could care less if i remained married or died single! kiss

2. Predatory/scam emotional or financial relationships are not possible at this stage of my life as to bring about unnecessary depression and anxiety. . . .or other mental challanges that would be detrimental to my wellbeing. kiss

No wonder you were talking crap earlier on. You clearly wasted your youth and are now alone.

As for the boldened. If you were married, why would you feel a need to state no2.?

Like I said to you earlier good successful men don’t marry women with your mindset. If they do it ends in an unhappy marriage. Instead of you as a mature woman who missed the boat to reflect and advise the younger women on the errors and poor choices you made, you come here spewing crap in the other thread reinforcing the exact mindset that has left women like you on the shelf and alone in your advancing years.

Trust me being old sucks even if you have a partner and it is to the advantage of men that we tend to die 1st. If you have a parent usually mother who is alive but husband dead you know they (mothers) are very lonely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
Becos they dont struggle and think much....they always get their wants on a platter of gold!
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by planetx: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bmaster:
I like the whole suggestions and opinions so far,but that's not the main reason (s).
Men should stop masturbation from Today,it takes absolutely 21 days for a man to rebuild himself after a single ejaculation.

Men,listen and listen attentively,if you want to last long here on mother earth,reduce the amount of sex or sex related stuffs like masturbation you give consent to in a month,
God bless every man out thereπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
Constant sex is good for a man's prostrate health and reducing risk of prostrate cancer latter in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
Women have always outlived men. This is nothing new.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by thunderbabs: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
Gender war. And the women are winning coz dey don dey use juju diabolism join am. And men no gree comot eyes from kuntus too....na through there, den dey get the men grin
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by plantainbender(m): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
LOL

Zonefree:
Our God is a merciful God. He gives demons enough time to repent from their evil ways.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Exceed15: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
Because men do not learn to ignore when they don't have the capacity to solve family issues at hand. The people putting the pressure on you will live on after you die. Men should step back and think about themselves first.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Danmisra(m): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
This picture clarifies everything in my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Raalsalghul: 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2023
womenareapezz:
what did you expect when Simps are getting married to orphans as wife undecided

You will marry those useless piece of shiit called naija women and started taking care of her and her family members undecided

All what she bring to the table is her smelly vagina and nagging undecided while you go out, work yourself out and still come back home to meet that baboons nagging your life out! undecided
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by InvertedHammer: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/why-women-live-longer-than-men-2/

/

Because most men are stupid enough to continue stressing themselves trying to impress women.

/

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Raalsalghul: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
womenareapezz:

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by EnterpriseMan: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
Because men do more dangerous jobs hence more fatigue and hazard plus women nagging can remove 20yrs from a man's life grin
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by OvertheTop(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
Exceed15:
Because men do not learn to ignore when they don't have the capacity to solve family issues at hand. The people putting the pressure on you will live on after you die. Men should step back and think about themselves first.

You are Right My brother....
But it is not Easy o....in the face of a Judgmental Society.

imagine the shame if one's kid is Sent home from School for Not paying the School fees...
All the Mother will say is: Papa Emeka, Go and pay school fee o. and she will just free her mind....knowing you will go and look for the money....
the Man will now be running Helter Skelter for the Money and he might even borrow (more future Pressure)

This is Just 1 out of the Most Troublesome bills on a Family Man's Head.

He Still has to Think about:

House Rent 300k/Year
Transportation to Work/School 50k/Month ===> 600k/Year
Feeding the Family Monthly(H W+2kids) 70k/Month====> 840k/Year
School fee (2kids) like 250k/Year

TOTAL like : 1.9 Million Per Year

and you want to Save to build a House of Like N 20 Million for the family
and you want to Buy a Luxury Car for the family of like N 4 to 5 Million

How will the Man Sleep at Night??
Especially when he knows His Job/ Source of income is NOT STABLE
shocked

In my own Opinion: The Greater Killer of Man is day-to-day FAMILY EXPENSES
because he is Worried to complete the Above task for over 20 Years (till the kids Leave School and get a Job)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Because most men are stupid enough to continue stressing themselves trying to impress women.

/

I pray to encounter such men who will stress themselves to impress ME. Please, where can I find some?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by OvertheTop(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Besides Ukraine. . . which wars are men fighting now or in the last 20 years? Which "other activities"?
Jesus died at 33. . . . and will have to die again to make the same impact. The second coming sounds familiar. . . .perhaps he would require a 9th and a 10th and still make no impact for followers with 'hardened hearts and souls'. wink
I ask again. . . what are MEN doing awake at night when they should be sleeping?

A woman will say:
Babe, that your Job is Not Paying well o , why Not Change it!
....We Don't still have a car after all these Years.... Papa Ebuka our Neighbor Just Bought a BIG CAR

A man Cannot Sleep when he has the following in his mind:

House Rent 300k/Year
Feeding the Family Monthly(H W+2kids) 70k/Year ====> 840k/Year

shocked
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2023
casualobserver:

No wonder you were talking crap earlier on. You clearly wasted your youth and are now alone.

As for the boldened. If you were married, why would you feel a need to state no2.?

Like I said to you earlier good successful men don’t marry women with your mindset. If they do it ends in an unhappy marriage. Instead of you as a mature woman who missed the boat to reflect and advise the younger women on the errors and poor choices you made, you come here spewing crap in the other thread reinforcing the exact mindset that has left women like you on the shelf and alone in your advancing years.

Trust me being old sucks even if you have a partner and it is to the advantage of men that we tend to die 1st. If you have a parent usually mother who is alive but husband dead you know they (mothers) are very lonely.

Why are you making this a 'personal' matter. . . .?
First of all. . . Stop derailing threads all over NL
Secondly, it is not your business if I am married or single.
Thirdly, I owe you or NL no explanations. . . .gone are those days!

Now, back to topic!
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
OvertheTop:

A woman will say:
Babe, that your Job is Not Paying well o , why Not Change it!
....We Don't still have a car after all these Years.... Papa Ebuka our Neighbor Just Bought a BIG CAR

A man Cannot Sleep when he has the following in his mind:

House Rent 300k/Year
Feeding the Family Monthly(H W+2kids) 70k/Year ====> 840k/Year

shocked

All I can see is poverty as the root cause. Yes, poverty kills. . . . .Who is to blame?
Show me a poor man and I will show you a poor woman and vice versa.
Nothing to do with gender. . . .just the socio-economic climate.
Poverty kills both men and women EQUALLY!
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

You skipped the part the report said it wasn't so centuries ago, I think it is some sort of evolution...grin grin grin

You mean 'Biblical STONE Ages'? cheesy
Please. . . .spare us the superstitious beliefs.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Kobicove:
β–  Women outlive men because men generally are the breadwinners therefore their bodies undergo more stress leading to faster wear and tear. As a result it's only natural that a man would have a shorter lifespan when compared to a woman of the same age undecided
Stop trading this lie! undecided

The world where men were sole breadwinners has long disappeared as women now compete for many of the same jobs and titles that women once claimed belonged only to them. So, why aren't those women dying off in much the same way as their male counterparts used to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by InvertedHammer: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I pray to encounter such men who will stress themselves to impress ME. Please, where can I find some?
/

They are everywhere around you but you are not noticing them....

and that adds to their stress.

/

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by ABBEYsammy01(m): 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
The emotional Truman some men are going through in the hands of their stubborn wives are more than enough reasons to cut the lives of men short.

Check it out, Muslim men live longer than Christian men, why?

one of the major reasons is that the Muslim men marry more wives, which makes their wives to behaved well, because they know if they misbehave, there alternative or they go back to their father's house.
But reverse is the case with Christian, where we have one man, one wife.
And if you're not lucky, that one wife can make life miserable, especially if you don't have enough money to take care of yourself, thereby causing the man to die before his time...
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
womenareapezz:

You will marry those useless piece of shiit called naija women and started taking care of her and her family members undecided

All what she bring to the table is her smelly vagina and nagging undecided while you go out, work yourself out and still come back home to meet that baboons nagging your life out! undecided
Lol this is true
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by kkins25(m): 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop trading this lie! undecided

The world where men were sole breadwinners has long disappeared as women now compete for many of the same jobs and titles that women once claimed belonged only to them. So, why aren't those women dying off in much the same way as their male counterparts used to? undecided
irrespective of employment status, men are still the breadwinners of the house. Hypergamy!
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
kkins25:
irrespective of employment status, men are still the breadwinners of the house. Hypergamy!
So when earning the money do women do less work than the men do? undecided

By the way, when men choose to enter into hypogamous unions, isn't it primarily in order that they can sit as gods in such unions? Do women force them into such unions? No, they mainly choose such unions for the sake of their egos, so make we hear word abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by eyinjuege: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Men need to stop drinking alcohol excessively, and stop smoking .
These are things you can control to reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Don't wait for your wives to remind you to take your blood pressure medicines.
Stop waiting for your wives to force you to see your Dr when you notice blood in your stool and instead would rather take "agbo jedi" for pile. Meanwhile it's cancer disturbing you.
Women are more proactive with their health. If they have headache, they will see their Dr. If they see blood in their stool, they will not decide on their own that it's pile
I've seen more than enough men that have ignored symptoms and were forced to see a Dr by their wives only to discover it's cancer that has spread.
Women are more religious, and whether you like it or not, that motivational speaking you hear in your church helps your mental health and reducing stress.
(Sress inadvertently opens the body up for diseases)
I watched a sport today in passing , and I saw Men facing each other and giving each other slaps. The kind of slap that your eyes will definitely be 'turninoninown'. One guy actually fell down flat on receiving a slap. He could not go the round to return the slap. What kind of sport is that?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

=N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.