Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Are Women Outliving Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Outliving Men? (16756 Views)

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? / Why Are Women Like This? / Why Are Women So scarce At That Point A Man Really Wants A Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by CodeTemplar: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
Spiritual politics.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
It's well.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by BigDawsNet: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
They are designed that way 😬
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Roboto11: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
Is it the men doing Ax.emen vs Vikings?
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by faithfull18(f): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
Funny, how women go through a lot and still live long, well, they have to wait to eat the fruits of their labour 😉
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Goodlady(f): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2023
Zonefree:
Our God is a merciful God. He gives demons enough time to repent from their evil ways.
No. God doesn't reason shallow like you.
Men die young cos of pressure on them. Especially those running around different women.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by confirmerg(m): 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
Overwork
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by godofuck231: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
Administration1:
I got nothing to say, just a couple of pictures
you try this with a woman , you will go to jail , 400 years

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by spencekat(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Men are often the older one in most Nigerian marriages.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Most times,age does not determine who will die first .
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by ejimatic: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/why-women-live-longer-than-men-2/

. 1. Only God knows when a man or woman will die. The bible says nobody can add one cubitvro his life span. Many men suffer today yet they live long. Many men enjoy today yet they don't live long. We can do our best but God sees everything.(Awa eda le se tiwa,gbogbo e lo ye Olorun.2. Traditionally men want their wives to outlive men. But it may not be so for God knows who will die first. 3Men takes more risk than women and they expose thier lives to danger everyday 4.The occupation of some men expose their lives to death like palmwine tapping 2,driving 3night gaurds etc 5 . Men don't always have time to pay attention to their health. 6 Men think about a lot of things in their lives food ,housing , protection etc The pressure makes them develop high BP Diabetes etc 7 Some men are maltreated by their wives and fully abandoned which leads to their untimely death. Given all these factors and many others women usually live longer than men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by womenareapezz: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

what did you expect when Simps are getting married to orphans as wife undecided

You will marry those useless piece of shiit called naija women and started taking care of her and her family members undecided

All what she bring to the table is her smelly vagina and nagging undecided while you go out, work yourself out and still come back home to meet that baboons nagging your life out! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by MrColdsweat: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
They have stronger immune systems.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by uwemjack(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
The major reason is very simple...
Sedentary lifestyle
As men get older they become less active as someone else does most things for them that someone else most times is their wife! The woman.
The women are still active because they are still taking care of the home, activities like cooking, going to the market keeping the house clean washing among others. Adds more years to

An active man on the other hand will live as long.

An example is the old men in the village who still farm, men who are still engaged in exercises.

In summary exercises are good
Washing car, sweeping, mopping, cooking, going for walks and stretching are light and good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
Only God gives and takes at his own time.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Sweetvie: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
Deep.
I think it's mostly due to health issues. Men tend to be ignorant and nonchalant about their health.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
ejimatic:
. 1. Only God knows when a man or woman will die. The bible says nobody can add one cubitvro his life span. Many men suffer today yet they live long. Many men enjoy today yet they don't live long. We can do our best but God sees everything.(Awa eda le se tiwa,gbogbo e lo ye Olorun.2. Traditionally men want their wives to outlive men. But it may not be so for God knows who will die first. 3Men takes more risk than women and they expose thier lives to danger everyday 4.The occupation of some men expose their lives to death like palmwine tapping 2,driving 3night gaurds etc 5 . Men don't always have time to pay attention to their health. 6 Men think about a lot of things in their lives food ,housing , protection etc The pressure makes them develop high BP Diabetes etc 7 Some men are maltreated by their wives and fully abandoned which leads to their untimely death. Given all these factors and many others women usually live longer than men.

I think women also go through these. Many women still have to earn income. . . hawk in markets, stay in shops, drive uber, spend long hours catering for parties and plan events. Women also farm and endure lots of domestic jobs like house cleaning and providing laundary services from home to home. I personally know of a woman who fell from okada on her way to providing home-service-manicure/pedicure service and fractured her legs. she was bed-ridden for over a year with 2 small children. Earning a living comes with many risks(enviromental and emotional).

The stress of SEXUAL HARRASMENT/ASSUALT is more real for women than men.

Stress is stress. Nothing to do with gender.
If a man is going through stress in a relationship or marriage, is HE THE ONLY ONE FEELING OR CARRYING IT? undecided
Even the children suffer it too. Don't make it feel like ONLY A MAN CAN FEEL STRESS.
When a woman's husband does not come home late at night, who worries? undecided

Is it not a woman that lost her life pursuing a man(husband o) and his side-chick late last year? undecided
The other one (gospel singer and all)died in the hands of her 'religious' husband who was taking all her money. All because she wanted to stay married?
What of the one did left school at a young age and followed one man against all odds, had five children and finally set herself on fire in a do-or-die marriage chasing after a man that will not stay home and fulfull his matrimonial obligations?

All dat no be MAJOR stress? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Originalsly: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
Why the back and forth?.... going back to Biblical times to support that men lived longggg lives .... did they ever say how long the women lived?... or we just assume they couldn't have lived longer? We don't know so this shouldn't be used as a reference. In modern times we have records of dates of birth and dates of death .... the oldest people alive... are they predominantly males or females?.... that should tell us something about who is built to live longer. One of my customers is 99 years old... now uses a walker... fairly good sight.... no spectacles ... brain full of oil ... mentally sharp... one of quite a few in sight of 100 ..... allll female. If we check ... the oldest people we know are mainly female. From trends... I believe the gap is going to get wider since men ... already behind... are more involved in doing things to shorten our lifespan ... as in our choice of destructive lifestyle and habits.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by judedwriter(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
Most men take more risks than women and bear more losses than women.

The resultant stresses and anxiety is why most men don't last very long like women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by ejimatic: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I think women also go through these. Many women still have to earn income. . . hawk in markets, stay in shops, drive uber, spend long hours catering for parties and plan events. Women also farm and endure lots of domestic jobs like house cleaning and providing laundery services from home to home. I personally know of a woman who fell from okada on her way to providing home-service-manicure/pedicure service and fractured her legs. she was bed-ridden for over a year with 2 small children. Earning a living comes with many risks(enviromental and emotional).

Stress is stress. Nothing to do with gender.
If a man is going through stress in a relationship or marriage, is HE THE ONLY ONE FEELING OR CARRYING IT? undecided
Even the children suffer it too. Don't make it feel like ONLY A MAN CAN FEEL STRESS.
When a woman's husband does not come home late at night, who worries? undecided

Is it not a woman that lost her life pursuing a man(husband o) and his side-chick late last year? undecided
The other one (gospel singer and all)died in the hands of her 'religious' husband who was taking all her money. All because she wanted to stay married?
What of the one did left school at a young age and followed one man against all odds, had five children and finally set herself on fire in a do-or-die marriage chasing after a man that will not stay home and fulfull his matrimonial obligations?

All dia no be stress? undecided
This is great! You are absolutely right
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by quickly: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

At a minimum 2 things

Firstly biological estrogen which is a female hormone has a protective effect over the heart compared to testosterone. Testosterone leads men to put their lives more at risk than women. It’s also what makes men to be daring and leaders. Ur heart is more most important organ of it stops working it’s game over. Women have a protective hormone over the heart.

2ndly look at the women in your lives and she how they sleep. Women sleep like babies. They don’t like stress at all. Compare the way your father sleep compared to your mother. Women go to bed early and sleep deeper I find. Sleeping good is very good for your health.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
DaddyCK:

bro did u die? (no ofeinse) angry

I am still posting o.
Do you have my 'obituary' to share on NL?

*na winch kain kweshun be dis? undecided*
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Tombrown3(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bmaster:
I like the whole suggestions and opinions so far,but that's not the main reason (s).
Men should stop masturbation from Today,it takes absolutely 21 days for a man to rebuild himself after a single ejaculation.

Men,listen and listen attentively,if you want to last long here on mother earth,reduce the amount of sex or sex related stuffs like masturbation you give consent to in a month,
God bless every man out there🙏🙏🙏💪💪

This is like saying, a tree should stop letting it ripe fruit fall or shedding it leaf, because it takes almost a year to regenerate.

🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
womenareapezz:
what did you expect when Simps are getting married to orphans as wife undecided

You will marry those useless piece of shiit called naija women and started taking care of her and her family members undecided

All what she bring to the table is her smelly vagina and nagging undecided while you go out, work yourself out and still come back home to meet that baboons nagging your life out! undecided

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

. . . .Problems noted. Women do not nag for nothing you know. Show me an unhappy woman. . . that does not nag?
Solutions please. I am tired of seeing my fellow grand-mas as single-widows without their husbands.
They did not have smelly vaginas or indulge in exessive nagging sessions that could not be handled. . . .in their marriages!
I have 5 friends who lost their husbands last year alone. . . .got me thinking. They were all below 60!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
quickly:

At a minimum 2 things

Firstly biological estrogen which is a female hormone has a protective effect over the heart compared to testosterone. Testosterone leads men to put their lives more at risk than women. It’s also what makes men to be daring and leaders. Ur heart is more most important organ of it stops working it’s game over. Women have a protective hormone over the heart.

2ndly look at the women in your lives and she how they sleep. Women sleep like babies. They don’t like stress at all. Compare the way your father sleep compared to your mother. Women go to bed early and sleep deeper I find. Sleeping good is very good for your health.

1. Should we give men estrogen and women some testosterone injection to achieve some form of 'homeostasis'?
2. Should men change their sleeping patterns? What is preventing men from going to bed early if not sneaking around at night sexting side chicks? What prevents them from going to bed early?

Social media addiction is just as BAD as any illicit and abused drug. A man should know when to put down his 'toys' and go to sleep!

Been there.. . .done that. But, I will NEVER put any hobby before my personal or professional obligations. . . . NL or any other forum included!

All about being a responsible and well-adjusted adult!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by ShaqFu: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

na hustle. The way and manner men hustle no be here oh. LoL
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Ckonnet: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
Na women dey put us for unnecessary pressure and their manipulation no be here. I could remember my dad borrowing money from my mum to pay my school fees na latter I come dey reason the matter in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by meobizy(f): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
I honestly don’t see any problem with this. Men are protectors in nature so are prone to fight. A flock of eighty hens will always remain safe from predators because its single rooster will put itself in harm’s way. Human males are no different. With the modern world comes ease of life. What was once men dying from wars and silly conflicts is replaced with slumping to death at middle age. More females around means more hands to see children grow to teenage years. Society i.e. the human race benefits in the end.
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Oblongata: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
Disgruntled lifestyle whereby default Nigerian men are expected to bear emotional, physical, financial burden of the family alone is a huge factor we must not ignore! It's not easy!!!
Re: Why Are Women Outliving Men? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I am still posting o.
Do you have my 'obituary' to share on NL?

*na winch kain kweshun be dis? undecided*

son u said by women kill men who die fast (READ YOR OWN POST) so i ask, .....did woman kill you? did u die ywt?
please use brain & please answer the questions or stop talkin rubbbish sir!!(no oofeinse) angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.