Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) (54004 Views)

World's Second Tallest Building Is Now Complete In Malaysia (Photos) / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / Tallest Building In South-East In Umuchukwu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 12:16am On Jan 23, 2023
sapele914:
Sorry if you checked properly Victoria Island is my borough, I did not migrate from the yeast to do business in Lagos State.

Was created on the island of Lagos State, alumni of Corona School V/Island, Lagos is Home, Center of Excellence. “Eko Oni Baje”.

Ungrateful Apga Judas Peter Obi, he wants to drag position with his landlord?
Landlord that has tired all the entire yoruba people under his armpit. He decides who will be the governor singlehandedly. God forbid

1 Like

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by deji17: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2023
Osu Casté. In 2023, what kind of barbaric people are these ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Coldie(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2023
God1000:
We have poor maintenance culture in Nigeria
It’s not poor maintenance culture it’s what nepotism can cause. Why would they see such a big project instead of siting it in a feasible location u look for a non feasible location and site it cause u want the project to be in ur village
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Gbagura: 12:35am On Jan 23, 2023
BossGerald:

This is how you fail simple exam, I only asked if you dey live for lagos?? Who asked if you're a yoruba man??

Omoluabis are known for their intelligence...I doubt if you're one, go back to your village
This one dey play mind game because of election. 😂 People coming from hundreds of miles for better living in southwest will now be dictating for Yoruba what to do in their region. If your land good, why you didn't stay back?😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Tzar(m): 12:49am On Jan 23, 2023
Really? Is this the ‘structural masterpiece’ of Obi’s Anambra and SE?! Thank God for Tinubu’s Lagos o!
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by OmoNla99: 1:11am On Jan 23, 2023
jimyjames:
The money he could have used to finish and maintain that building was spent on election , I think he has returned to Las Vegas to focus on his hospital

This can’t be true. If he could afford to construct such an edifice, I bet he has more money to bring it to one of the biggest and greatest specialized hospitals in the world.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by CheapHomes1: 1:16am On Jan 23, 2023
bryce1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAPGbcpCpMM

The once elegant and beautiful edifice, prided to be the tallest building in anambra state, or perhaps the whole of the south east region is now overtaken by weed and animals due to years of neglect.

A thread was created back in 2019 when the structural masterpiece was completed, with people showing admiration and potential development the building would bring.

https://www.nairaland.com/5605357/tallest-building-south-east-umuchukwu-anambra

The Building is now left abandoned.

Please watch the video below made by a YouTube vlogger to understand the extent of its neglect.

you say it was completed but you didnt state what it was built for
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by CheapHomes1: 1:16am On Jan 23, 2023
jimyjames:
The money he could have used to finish and maintain that building was spent on election , I think he has returned to Las Vegas to focus on his hospital

does the building look uncompleted?
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by nedekid: 1:17am On Jan 23, 2023
Coldie:

It’s not poor maintenance culture it’s what nepotism can cause. Why would they see such a big project instead of siting it in a feasible location u look for a non feasible location and site it cause u want the project to be in ur village
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/09/09/how-maduka-will-transform-anambra/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/how-madukas-300-million-dollars-investment-boosted-anambra-gdp/

Nothing like nepotism here. It is a privately owned property built by Dr Maduka, owner of Las Vagas pain Institute.
He lost the last election to soludo. The man had the intention of making that place an international medical research center where people in the medical field around the world will research African local medications ie herbs, medicine etc. Something similar IITA in ibadan.
Had he won the election, he would have done much for the state considering the millions of dollars he has invested in the state especially his village.
The man is a multi millionaire. Has huge purpose built medical facilities in several states in the US.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by CheapHomes1: 1:18am On Jan 23, 2023
Tzar:
Really? Is this the ‘structural masterpiece’ of Obi’s Anambra and SE?! Thank God for Tinubu’s Lagos o!

how is Anambra "obis anambra" and how is the SE "obis SE"? how is Lagos "Tinubus lagos"? how is Tinubu responsible for what lagos is?
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Coldie(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2023
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by nedekid: 1:40am On Jan 23, 2023
Coldie:

What point are u trying to make?
"It’s not poor maintenance culture it’s what nepotismcan cause. Why would they see such a big project instead of siting it in a feasible location u look for a non feasible location and site it cause u want the project to be in ur village"
How is it nepotism, where a private individual takes his money he earned abroad legitimately abroad and builds a building in his village? He is not government, neither government resources that should his choice over any other location.
They way you wrote give the impression the building was put there by some goverment official etc showing nepotism by putting public money in a non viable place.
I put the two links to show otherwise that it is a private investment in case you don't know.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 23, 2023
candygist:

Lagos govt will maintaine govt property compared to this.

Y'all are being dramatic and tribalistic

Government can never maintain a private building and this building is a private property built by someone in his community but he couldn't finish it and left it to that level, went back to his country of residence, so how does it concern Peter obi and Tinubu or Anambra government
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:32am On Jan 23, 2023
bryce1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAPGbcpCpMM

The once elegant and beautiful edifice, prided to be the tallest building in anambra state, or perhaps the whole of the south east region is now overtaken by weed and animals due to years of neglect.

A thread was created back in 2019 when the structural masterpiece was completed, with people showing admiration and potential development the building would bring.

https://www.nairaland.com/5605357/tallest-building-south-east-umuchukwu-anambra

The Building is now left abandoned.

Please watch the video below made by a YouTube vlogger to understand the extent of its neglect.
/
Some factors:

1. Such facility needs some support system to function like constant electricity which the rural area cannot provide. Money is a limited resource. Output may not even match input so it may resort to be operating on deficit. Who is Father Christmas?

2. The building seemed like it was built based on emotion than logic. That's why he harped on it during campaign as if it is a roadmap to government house.

3. His town and the LGA conned him into believing his hype. He lost the election in his LG after all the false promises during campaign. This must have dampened his spirit which is understandable. Quiet a betrayal!

4. The man is 65 years old now. Technically he is a senior citizen in US. He should be thinking about retirement and not dabbling into the ultra -stressful Nigerian business environment.

5. As a man who grew up in the village, his success would be met with envy and jealousy especially among his peers. When he came back, it was alleged that he embraced violence instead of diplomacy in changing the name of the town to Umuchukwu. Infact many lives were lost. I am not sure that those who lost their parents and siblings or went into exile will be receptive to his developmental agenda. The little town got divided into two with each faction having separate igwe. It is a total mess. Fear who no fear village politics.

The good news is that it still makes for a tourist center for photo opps. It is always about location! Location!! Location!!!

/

1 Like

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Coldie(m): 2:34am On Jan 23, 2023
nedekid:

"It’s not poor maintenance culture it’s what nepotismcan cause. Why would they see such a big project instead of siting it in a feasible location u look for a non feasible location and site it cause u want the project to be in ur village"
How is it nepotism, where a private individual takes his money he earned abroad legitimately abroad and builds a building in his village? He is not government, neither government resources that should his choice over any other location.
They way you wrote give the impression the building was put there by some goverment official etc showing nepotism by putting public money in a non viable place.
I put the two links to show otherwise that it is a private investment in case you don't know.
Nepotism isn’t only in government, it also involves private individuals. If this structure was sited in a viable location it would have done the investor and the state in general more good than siting it in an unknown location where it’s not fulfilling its potentials just because he wants it in his village

1 Like

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by lawlex(m): 4:11am On Jan 23, 2023
sapele914:
Sorry if you checked properly Victoria Island is my borough, I did not migrate from the yeast to do business in Lagos State.

Was created on the island of Lagos State, alumni of Corona School V/Island, Lagos is Home, Center of Excellence. “Eko Oni Baje”.

Ungrateful Apga Judas Peter Obi, he wants to drag position with his landlord?
I sorry for you then, your father don't have a Trace about where he came from,he has no root or ideal where he was born either, now you claiming to be lagosian lol
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by tollyboy5(m): 5:15am On Jan 23, 2023
God1000:
We have poor maintenance culture in Nigeria
But some people will blame buhari grin
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by membranus: 5:41am On Jan 23, 2023
Joyson:
Had it been this building was in the north eh, every single glasses would have been stolen shocked

You get chest o!

And you no fear mek Fulani bandits kidnap you while writing this?
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by ciencee(m): 6:09am On Jan 23, 2023
sapele914:
They carried all the business to Lagos State, Yet they don’t want their landlords in Lagos State to be President of Nigeria, they wan they drag position with Oga, yet ordinary 1 building they cannot maintain?

Where is princeofLagos, Racoon & penguin2, including , Village man Peter Obi with his Fidelity Bank HQ @ Kofo Abayomi Victoria Island Lagos State wants to be opening mouth with citi men that gave him the opportunity to do business?

Even the Portuguese talk am, “Eko Oni Baje”.

Your so called landlord is not from lagos remember, he should also go back to his village in Osun.

Lagos is the former capital of Nigeria, that's why most offices are situated there.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by nedekid: 6:23am On Jan 23, 2023
Coldie:

Nepotism isn’t only in government, it also involves private individuals. If this structure was sited in a viable location it would have done the investor and the state in general more good than siting it in an unknown location where it’s not fulfilling its potentials just because he wants it in his village
Well, if you go to the villages, not just in the south east but also other parts of the country, you find multi-billion/million naira houses built not taking viability into consideration. Most are visited once a year by their owners (if at all) or even longer buy owners staying abroad. The person dies over time and their kids have nothing to do with Nigeria they all schooled and continued live abroad. Some attempt to sell those houses but they have little resale value based on location.
I really don't think nepotism qualifies on private property built with private money though.
I personally think it was a wrong location to build such edifice when it could have been locate in Abuja or Lagos. But he builds it in Lagos, same folks will say he is running to Lagos. The usuall gist.
Anyway, I think by the time the Dr recovers from his recent political heavy spending, he will reinvest in that place.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Martartins(m): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2023
sapele914:
They carried all the business to Lagos State, Yet they don’t want their landlords in Lagos State to be President of Nigeria, they wan they drag position with Oga, yet ordinary 1 building they cannot maintain?

Where is princeofLagos, Racoon & penguin2, including , Village man Peter Obi with his Fidelity Bank HQ @ Kofo Abayomi Victoria Island Lagos State wants to be opening mouth with citi men that gave him the opportunity to do business?

People like you are just too foolish
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Paentera(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, that building is not owned by government. It is a privately place owned by Dr Maduka, the US based doctor that owns Las Vagas pain Institute. He built that place to establish a medical reseach institute for where doctors will come in to do what they do. He also built houses for villagers, heck I hear he rebuilt his whole town, providing electricity, police station, churches, fire stations, water works, roads and the rest. He ran for governor in the last election that produced soludo but lost.
I wonder what his has to do with Lagos and the usual rants.

Well done for your sensible comment.

I take the pain to go through comments to find the real story behind a topic and I heave a sigh of relief when I find responses like yours that are factual and straight to the point without the brickbats that characterise majority of comments on most threads here.

Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:18am On Jan 23, 2023
sapele914:

Your mentality is too poor.

Igbo should rule you for at least 10 years for both tribes to improve.

Mgbati gbati
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by BossGerald: 7:20am On Jan 23, 2023
Gbagura:
This one dey play mind game because of election. 😂 People coming from hundreds of miles for better living in southwest will now be dictating for Yoruba what to do in their region. If your land good, why you didn't stay back?😁

Stop being stupid, I've told you,Nigeria doesn't start and end In Lagos, there're so many other serene and conducive cities in nigeria.

You're a yoruba and not a lagosian, stop deceiving yourself and go back to papa abandoned village
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by 348august: 7:49am On Jan 23, 2023
I read this somewhere. I thought it was a lie, but this seems to confirm it.I also read the reason why he wasn't voted as governor was because he is an Osu. So sad.🥺I read this somewhere. I thought it was a lie, but this seems to confirm it.I also read the reason why he wasn't voted as governor was because he is an Osu. So sad.🥺...
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Optmus(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2023
Most 9ja vlogers are just terrible in doing their things.

Aunty your voice alone turns me off totally. Abeg learn to express urself beta in oyibo language.

Back to the topic.

Na the owner matter be that, he alone knows the challenges that led to abandoning the building
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Mkayfrenzy(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2023
Who or what is an OSU.... someone should please enlighten us
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Enemyofpeace: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2023
Maybe the owner don die

I remember in 1750, we were only five on Nairaland. l, my uncle and three others and I totally don't understand a situation like this. Today we live in a world where people waste their time reading my comment.
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by candygist: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2023
acewines:

Y'all are being dramatic and tribalistic

Government can never maintain a private building and this building is a private property built by someone in his community but he couldn't finish it and left it to that level, went back to his country of residence, so how does it concern Peter obi and Tinubu or Anambra government
Mr man, did you see me mention Peter obi or Tinubu here, why is your conscience playing you ?
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by pocom35: 9:13am On Jan 23, 2023
Urheadmaster:
The entire country is in a dilapidated condition because of the leaders incompetencies in times of maintenance tongue
It isn't a public building
Re: Tallest Building In Anambra State Abandoned (Video, Pictures) by Tzar(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2023
1.Obi governed Anambra for 8years. Had and still has significant influence on Anambra governance. Hopefully, he left a MASTERPLAN for development.
2. BAT governed Lagos for 8years. Had and still has significant influence on Lagos governance. He left a MASTERPLAN for development.

Comparing pre 1999 military rule and civilian rule since 1999, We can see the effectiveness of LAGOS MASTERPLAN (developed by BAT & his team) and the ANAMBRA MASTERPLAN ( if any exists).
There is absolutely no basis for comparison.

CheapHomes1:

how is Anambra "obis anambra" and how is the SE "obis SE"? how is Lagos "Tinubus lagos"? how is Tinubu responsible for what lagos is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.