Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo (18803 Views)

Najatu: Tinubu's War Against Niger, Plot To Distract Attention From Tribunal / PSC Appoints Najatu Mohammed To Monitor Police Officers During Elections / Tinubu Campaign Director, Najatu Mohammed, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
Barely 4 weeks to the 2023 Presidential elections, a former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Director of Civil Society in the Presidential Campaign Council of the party, Hajiya Naja’atu Muhammad, has regretted APC’s decision to pick Sen. Bola Tinubu ahead of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as its candidate for the election.

Hajiya Muhammad who recently retired from party politics and resigned her position from the APC PCC, disclosed in an interview with The Whistler.

She said would have put her life on the line for Osinbajo if the ticket was given to him.

According to the Kano-born politician, “If you had given me Osinbajo, I swear I would have put my life on the line for him, because he is a better person, he’s open, he’s proactive and he puts his eye on the ball and looks at Nigeria holistically.”

Extolling the leadership qualities of the VP as the basis of her choice, Hajiya Muhammad said “the few months that he (Osinbajo) was given the opportunity to act he changed things, so why should I be sentimental.”

She decried the decision of some leaders of the party and the South West region, to support Tinubu instead of of VP, noting that “Nigeria has become the personal property of some elites.”

She said, “If the Yorubas were serious why not give it to Osinbajo, who is a pastor, you are doing Muslim-Muslim. The holy prophet said a just atheist is better than an unjust Muslim. So, why do I care about Muslim-Muslim?”

“But they are busy not only galvanizing the polity but deceiving people, how Islamic are they? Somebody that could not even read Fatiha is calling himself a Muslim, without Fatiha you can’t pray, which means he has never prayed, what nonsense is that,” she added

Speaking further, she said “I was in the campaign for Yola, and we had to beg them to take the mic from him, everything about Tinubu is based on lies. Imagine he is an Hausa man, will he contest elections with all these gbese on top of him? In this campaign nobody should talk of corruption because they are corruption personified.”

She added that besides Osinbajo, Peter Obi of the Labour Party would have been another good choice but blamed his (Obi’s) inexperience and lack of structure among others as factors that will work against.

The political and civil rights activist said she could no longer continue with the struggle for a better Nigeria under the platform of the proposed Tinubu presidency.

https://dailytrust.com/i-would-have-put-my-life-on-the-line-for-osinbajo-najatu-muhammad-speaks-on-apc-presidential-ticket/

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Jonwinter: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
APC dug their pit the day they saw Osinbajo, someone that is sound, agile, brilliant, intelligent, resourceful and diligent yet choose someone whose mental capacity, dignity, integrity, personality and identity is questionable.

340 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Jamesmusa123: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
Their eyes down they clear, we told them then but their personal gains was more important than national gains.

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by lumaxyellow: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
The truth will always come out. Everyone knows Osinbajo is the better man for the job.

226 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by DMerciful(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
What was Osinbajo experience before becoming vp?

Nigeria needs Peter Obi at a time like this

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
This woman don vex 😂. Urchinins were born to be foolish. They prefer an old sick man to a young vibrant one for leadership.

Who cursed urchins?

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Tochi3(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
grin

The wailings have started internally already..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Amb1045(m): 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lol

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2023
Many Nigerians would have done the same. Up till now, I still wonder what informed APC decision to bring out BAT. At least I understand some elements who are the cabals are trying to foist someone they can steal from but all APC members are not surely the cabals.

So why bring out such a wrong choice?

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Ekejoestar(m): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lol, the death that will kill a dog won't let it perceive the smell of shit.

Tinubu will be retired politically this year both in Lagos and Nigeria.

Osinbajo would have won a nationwide appeal and this election would have been a walkover for him if APC had allowed justice and equity to prevail, I would have even voted for him against Peter Obi cos I've seen how he performed during his short time as acting president.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Romanoff(f): 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2023
Sadly, APC dropped the ball on Osinbajo. I became Obidient because APC gave their ticket to Tinubu.

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Digriz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
It is divine, dropping Osibanjo is not an ordinary thing. When your time is up for upliftment,all your obstacles will be removed. Apart from Obi, the other two candidates are " Devil and the deep blue sea".

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by sapele914(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2023
Jonwinter:
APC dug their pit the day they saw Osinbajo, someone that is sound, agile, brilliant, intelligent, resourceful and diligent yet choose someone whose mental capacity, dignity, integrity, personality and identity is questionable.
Why cry more than the bereaved?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by sweetonugbu: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
She is not serious, what is Atiku,s experience before becoming Obasanjo vp?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2023
Osibanjo is well educated,brilliant, healthy and a man with class.
Emilokan ought to be in bourdillion or stay put in iragbaji,he will surely fail.
No sane Nigerian will vote for Apc again.

28 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by VEXT: 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
Where are my yoruba Muslims brothers come and attack this woman

29 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by propsad4: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
K
Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by DMerciful(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
Bubu does not mean well for Nigeria. He couldn't endorse Osinbajo that served him for 8yrs but instead was aloof thus allowing Tinubu to buy almost all the delegates.

Bubu is just astronomically incompetent

45 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Kamplit: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
Good
Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by ATLIEN2027: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
TRASH

1 Like

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by codeworks(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
r
Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Tinubudruglord: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
Why not jagaban?

2 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Me to Urchins grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by saphiere(f): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Nigerian youths would have put their lives on the line if a woman was the presidential candidate.
To be honest these old men do not have anything to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Japastic: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Which life is she putting online?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by savcy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
I'm definitely voting Peter Obi in the next election, but you see Osinbajo? I, too, would have put my life on the line for him. He's everything I wished for in a Nigerian President. APC really had him and opted for Tinubu? Our political elites in the PDP and APC are wicked people with no real concern for the country. VOTE PETER GREGORY OBI for PRESIDENT.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by Charly68: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
Emilokan is a tired leg ,can't manage the workload of a modern day Nigeria ..

5 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by James91: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
This are the people that make sure Osinbajo did not come out as APC presidential candidate because of religion, evil people see them below in the picture, now there are forcing old and sick man down the throat of Nigerians, they don't care about 200 millions Nigerians that will suffer because of one man.

6 Likes

Re: Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo by princeade86(m): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
Best candidate that can challenge obi. Not greedy emilokan

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC asks IGP to prosecute Adamawa REC, Hudu Ari; to resume collation of results / Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics) / Why Are Computers Budgeted For Every Year? – Sen. Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.