Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi (21503 Views)

Oseni Rufai Challenges Peter Obi On Live TV About His Economic Permutations / Buhari's Government A Mass Failure, Ministers Have No Handover Notes -PDP / You Lied’ — Amaechi Challenges Peter Obi To Public Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by AdviserGeneral: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
oikirodah:
Is Government  A Savings Account ? Watch How Oshiomhole Exposes Peter Obi's Deceit (Video)

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-government-a-savings-account-watch-how-oshiomhole-exposes-peter-obis-deceit-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSG51mmiHI

What a dumb reportage from an amateur Publicist. In your bid to promote Oshiomole's ignorance and his ailing senatorial ambition, you ended up making a fool of yourself. EDO NO BE LAGOS!

It is wise to save. Oshiomole and his goons squandered the common patrimony of this nation in just 8 years. They can never be allowed to come anywhere close to the national treasury again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Smartguyboy:

As a governor he never borrowed money a wise man will always save for rainy days.
Savings is only desirable after you have taken care of basic needs of those under your supervision. All of you were angry with him while in office because of his poor leadership in terms of infrastructure, salaries etc. What has changed now?

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
PointZerom:

Don't let politicians to make you to be reasoning like a fool. I am sure that even Oshomole has an account where he has saved money for his great grand children.

Your Bible reference is irrelevant here.
moneyissweet:
Top to bottom

Bulaba generation spotted

orazx:

Saving it if better than having it in someone’s pocket.
Una go die as Mumu wey una be
MajorOvakporaye:

Stupidity is a trademark of Tinuboo supporters.
Bigchristo:
Do you even have sense? Did he save that money for the next Governor to squander it? Go to the Anambra state today the money was well spent by Governor Willie Obiano where do you think he got money from to Build international cargo airport and also Build stadium? Constructs roads and develop n sight new infrastructures, you people want to criticize someone try to do it in civilized manner, it’s only a fool who will think savings in government is not good, meanwhile if Obi was found guilty of corruption and indebted the state you will also come here to spew nonsense as well so Abeg waiting be color of your problem?

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
tctrills:

Clearly you don't know the bible story. It's ok if you don't quote the bible and stick to your religion.
This is what God told the foolish servant. 27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Don't blame Obi because you lack the savings and investment culture.
Google the meaning of ursury then come and edit your post. If pride will allow you.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by nedekid: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:
Yes, government is a savings account.

When you have paid all salaries, built all local roads, ensured there is security, built industries, paid pensioners, paid contractors and built other infrastructure, you have to save the rest for the future of the state.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that civil servants like Oshomhole, Buharri, Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso has been in power and they have never studied the course called profitability in any organisation, they regard government as a money dispensing machine and so they keep spending till we go bankrupt, then they start borrowing since they don't know anything about businesses.

Peter Obi is a trader, a businessman and an investor, he can use this skill to save and invest excess resources for Nigeria so that we can use this excess to build more infrastructure and also to provide stability for the distant future. This savings will provide the industry that will employ our teeming youths and curb insecurity.

Nigeria needs Peter Obi more than Peter Obi needs Nigeria. Vote for Peter Oluwadare Obi ❤

Well said.
But how can they understand? See the PDP bot chair that blew 1.4b on accommodation for a handful of bot members. ₦1.4b ohh. Not 1.4m.
That is how all these regular politicians are. Money is paper to them. Someone that has not turned ₦100 to 1000, you then give him 10b to manage. No be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Sacrosanct12(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Even if I don't know any other thing about peter obi, but one thing I know is that the first and only time I saw him was in my secondary school. Man was surrounded by ordinary civilians and students. He came to present to the school management the money for rebuilding the classes, two brand new buses, then loads of laptops that gave the computer lab a very big boost. The laptop were much ever student in my class had one at every practical day. When it was October 1st when schools go to awka for independence day parade school buses of the the same make but different school name fills the square meaning that I wasnt just a few school thing. So anybody saying PO did nothing is actually hating.

2 Likes

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mrquote:

What Norway did with the massive oil boom they had was saving the money. Google is there to help you understand.
It's delusional to compare Nigeria to Norway. In. Any. Capacity.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

God bless you.

You don't save money when your roof is leaking. You have to spend to patch the roof.

You don't save money when you need to eat. You have to spend to buy food and fuel to cook and eat.

You don't save money when you don't have clothes to wear.

That is the issue with Obi. You were saving money in companies you had a stake in, while Anambra's basic needs had not been met.

How can a governor claim saving money as an achievement in a country that produces next ri nothing. And when you ask him where he saved this money, he would mention companies he had financial stakes in.

The man is a thief, only that he is a clever one.
Leave them let them be basking in their ignorance. If given the chance Obi's tenure is going to be worse than that of Tinubu. I'm sure the few smart ones among them already know this but tribalism will not let them see road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
kay1one:

May your parents not leave anything for you as inheritance... Amen!
And may your parents leave everything they have to you but fail to give you quality education, food and other basic amenities necessary to become a healthy and responsible person in the society.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by MolarT(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
U no save money and u no still get light and infrastructure... who is better then?
oikirodah:
Is Government  A Savings Account ? Watch How Oshiomhole Exposes Peter Obi's Deceit (Video)

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-government-a-savings-account-watch-how-oshiomhole-exposes-peter-obis-deceit-video/

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
AntonVince:

So, why did the APC vilify Jonathan for "not saving for the rainy days" ?
I can now clearly see why APC supporters are branded zomb.ies.
I'm not an APC supporter.
Goodluck Jonathan was definitely better than Buhari, and will also be better than Obi God forbid he wins.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Anambra1stS0n: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
MeaslesMumpsRub:

LOL.
E SHOCK YOU ABI.
ONLY THAT FACT HAS COUNTERED EVERY ACHIEVEMENT OF PETER OBI INCLUDING ALL THE BUSES AND LAPTOPS HE BOUGHT FOR ANAMBRA PEOPLE.
PETER OBI IS BANG AVERAGE, MEDIOCRE AND ANARCHY PERSONIFIED.
Dumbo were is Lagos when Anambra started topping in education

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Sacrosanct12(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:

Savings is only desirable after you have taken care of basic needs of those under your supervision. All of you were angry with him while in office because of his poor leadership in terms of infrastructure, salaries etc. What has changed now?
this APC that has been spending and stealing the money I hope you are filled to the brim.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120330114:

Peter Obi constructed 900km of roads when he was governor paid all contractors before his tenure ended how many kilometers of roads did Oshimole construct when he was governor
hahahaha, don't talk again.
What oshomole did in one local government is More than what obi did in the whole of anambra state.
In fact, one local government in Edo state is bigger than anambra State,
Please don't compare, so your fellow obi.diot in Edo state will not stone you
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
xamuel17:

Okay, tell me how this current administration has bettered your life with their spending spree. Nigeria is in a 77 trillion naira debt, how do we pay back?
I'm not in support of the current administration. It's being a disaster. But your candidate is showing exactly the same traits Buhari showed before he entered. I don't know why you guys can't see that
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by tctrills: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:

Google the meaning of usury then come and edit your post. If pride will allow you.
Oga we know the meaning but since you are proving ignorant, that is exactly what Obi did. Usury is the action or practice of lending money at unreasonably high rates of interest.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by solomon36670: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
No, Government is for owning moneyEven without borrowing money, Peter Obi developed the stateNo, Government is for owning moneyEven without borrowing money, Peter Obi developed the state...
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Anambra1stS0n: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:
What oshomole did in one local government is More than what obi did in the whole of anambra state.
Can you show what Oshimole did let compare with that of Obi

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Every OPC member has a sovereign wealth fund. Can you define the meaning, the purpose and of what ends it serves?
No. Can you?
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Babastrong(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
Even a wise man who is eager to be rich must not save all his money.
you use your money to buy assets.
the poor save money in bank while the rich go to the bank to borrow it and invest it on assets.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by kay1one(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:

And may your parents leave everything they have to you but fail to give you quality education, food and other basic amenities necessary to become a healthy and responsible person in the society.

At least they left something 😂

You shí shí you no go get😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
Even if I don't know any other thing about peter obi, but one thing I know is that the first and only time I saw him was in my secondary school. Man was surrounded by ordinary civilians and students. He came to present to the school management the money for rebuilding the classes, two brand new buses, then loads of laptops that gave the computer lab a very big boost. The laptop were much ever student in my class had one at every practical day. When it was October 1st when schools go to awka for independence day parade school buses of the the same make but different school name fills the square meaning that I wasnt just a few school thing. So anybody saying PO did nothing is actually hating.
no wonder, you were still in secondary,
Kids everywhere.
Have you ever voted before?
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by thesicilian: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
michlins:
this is why we're currently owing insane amount of money to all loaning agency available
We're owing because of poor management, financial illiteracy, misappropriation of funds and embezzlement
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Anambra1stS0n: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:
Oshimole Benin shopping mall ended on billboards, Obi started three malls in Anambra completed Onitsha shopping mall

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by MeaslesMumpsRub: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120334041:

Dumbo were is Lagos when Anambra started topping in education
Anambra toping in Education was due to gross exam malpractice in Anambra. I Know somebody who worked in FSTC Awka at that time and he bears testament to the gross Exam Malpractice in Anambra State.
Where is Anambra state in Education since Peter Obi Left?
Mean while Education Is still free in Lagos 14 years after Asiwaju left Office. Drop sentiments aside. Asiwaju is Miles ahead. I just hope you will join the Asiwaju Train sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Bigchristo: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
oikirodah:

This is why APC don’t have good track records, imagine Oshiomole who indebted edo state with world bank loan for waterstorm project go check those places till date the project has been abandoned half way before I left Naija, APC n it supporters should know that they’re foolish to even think Government is not savings, that’s why former APC governor in Osun indebted the state for Adeleke to take over n flop that’s pure wickedness, Nigerians be wise any government who squandered money without notable projects to show for the money collected as loan should not continue imagine Buhari leaving behind $70 trillion Naira with out nothing to show for it, if you ask all these morons they will be telling you about second Niger bridge something that was initiated by same former president Goodluck Jonathan and same Peter Obi which y’all are insulting APC is yet to show Nigerians what government did with trillions of dollars collected as loan.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Ndu007: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120330114:

Peter Obi constructed 900km of roads when he was governor paid all contractors before his tenure ended how many kilometers of roads did Oshimole construct when he was governor
First are you from Anambra? If yes you should not have written it because all the roads build was even damaging while he was still the governor.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120334152:

Can you show what Oshimole did let compare with that of Obi
call any of your obi.diot staying in Edo state, ask them about oshiomole.
Even thief obaseki could not denied the fact that oshiomole constructed almost all the roads in Edo state
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Anambra1stS0n: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:
Agulu Lake hotel own by Anambra State was built under Peter Obi

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Sonn(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:

I won't save if my family has not eaten or no roof over their heads. That's why all of you ibos feel more comfortable in Lagos than Anambra.
This IGBO and LAGOS of a thing is becoming unbecoming, at every little space' you hear IGBO this' LAGOS that, you all have forgotten that IGBOS are all over the whole world, there's no place on Earth that you won't find an IGBOMAN, it's not about Lagos, moreover' igbos also contributed to the development of Lagos, count FG, foreign companies and YORUBAS, IGBOS are the next highest investors in Lagos, igbos also contributes to Lagos State IGR massively, igbos are comfortable everywhere, go to the big markets at onitsha, igbos are the ones running businesses over there, go to Aba, it's the same thing, those of you attributing igbos success to Lagos alone are making mistakes, if you think you don't need igbos' good and fine, but you cannot tell them to leave Lagos but remain in Nigeria, No, advocate for total separation so that everyone goes their way.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by MeaslesMumpsRub: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Anambra1st Son vehemently defends Peter Obi's shenanigans and Misdeamenours meanwhile even Peter Obi wasn't this Loyal to Ojukwu his Godfather. Peter Obi the snitch swore to Ojukwu never to leave APGA but he did.
Peter Obi the Rat swore never to ever leave PDP, He left.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ndu007:

First are you from Anambra? If yes you should not have written it because all the roads build was even damaging while he was still the governor.

Liar. Very dirty liar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ironsi Walked Around With A Dead Lizard In His Hand, Why? / Dr Ikpeazu Inspects Ndi-oji Road In Arochukwu(photo) / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.