Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi (21499 Views)

Oseni Rufai Challenges Peter Obi On Live TV About His Economic Permutations / Buhari's Government A Mass Failure, Ministers Have No Handover Notes -PDP / You Lied’ — Amaechi Challenges Peter Obi To Public Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120334629:

Peter Obi built Nkpor flyover

U asked for roads.
Benin no need flyovers like that by the way
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
udeh3:

Also constructed the university hostels and I think the medical school and many hospitals
oshiomole initiated and complete Edo state university,
Is not to renovate or refurbished an existing school,
Oshiomole built Secondary school and primary school in each ward, that is 192 wards in Edo state
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120335076:

Peter Obi built Onitsha business Park that host Nigeria stock exchange and other financial institutions

We are all aware of this, Peter Obi was Mr. Projects.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

Stop comparing light to darkness, you cannot Peter Obi to Oshimonkey

U haven't made any point
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:
Secondary school and primary

Where is the evidence, stop doing mouth action here.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:

Oshiomole also built the new general hospital in benin
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
blowjohn:

U asked for roads.
Benin no need flyovers like that by the way

So Oshomhole used the money to marry white girl instead? grin
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
blowjohn:

Oshiomole also built the new general hospital in benin

Pinshure or we dontbelivit😄

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Johnrake69: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jones4190:

go and read bihari speech in Lagos today, he says Lagos is the only state apply to takeover federal government project, he mentioned airport road as one of them

Peter Obi built 10 lanes in Onitsha which is a federal road and that being the first of it's kind in the whole of South East.

If only you guys really understand what governance is about.

Peter Obi and Fashola both won Governor of the year award in 2013.

With the little resources Anambra had Peter Obi managed it so well and still left #75B.

With the resources in Lagos it should be doing better than it's doing now. Internal roads in Lagos is zero.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by udeh3(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
post=120334741:

I ask you to show me projects done by Tinubu when he was governor

These are Obi's legacy projects

Brother, calm down. I live here in Lagos. He created emergency response team, IRS, and few others. They'll lie he constructed so many roads, though we don't see them

Federal Government owes over 70% roads in Lagos. Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, yet, no meaning state government development, except when Ambode came in. It's on record Ambode didn't borrow money from any foreign bodies nor owing any contractor. Yet, he transformed Lagos to a modern city it Should be. The traffic disappeared. Yet, was booted out. Today, Lagos is owing over 1tr naira while generating over 700b naira and I ask, where's the money going to?

Lagos with all the money, has no standard stadium where Delta State alone has over 7 standard stadiums. Lagos has no state owned domestic airport. The only airport is owned by the Federal Government, while Delta State owns two state airport, an international and a domestic airport in Asaba and Warri. Anambra created just in the mid or late 90s even have an airport. Some persons should be ashamed

We deserve better

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by michlins(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:

We're owing because of poor management, financial illiteracy, misappropriation of funds and embezzlement
that's why we need someone who knows how to save and manage resources. That's what we need at this point cause omo!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Johnrake69:

Peter Obi built 10 lanes in Onitsha which is a federal road and that being the first of it's kind in the whole of South East.

If only you guys really understand what governance is about.

Peter Obi and Fashola both won Governor of the year award in 2013.

With the little resources Anambra had Peter Obi managed it so well and still left #75B.

With the resources in Lagos it should be doing better than it's doing now. Internal roads in Lagos is zero.

Imagine if Peter Obi governed Lagos, he would have saved at least 100 billion dollars. We need to arrest Tinubu and all the other governors after him.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

Pinshure or we dontbelivit😄

That's the central hospital he built.

I was a medical student then.

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
udeh3:

Brother, calm down. I live here in Lagos. He created emergency response team, IRS, and few others. They'll lie he constructed so many roads, though we don't see them

Federal Government owes over 70% roads in Lagos. Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, yet, no meaning state government development, except when Ambode came in. It's on record Ambode didn't borrow money from any foreign bodies nor owing any contractor. Yet, he transformed Lagos to a modern city it Should be. The traffic disappeared. Yet, was booted out. Today, Lagos is owing over 1tr naira while generating over 700b naira and I ask, where's the money going to?

Lagos with all the money, has no standard stadium where Delta State alone has over 7 standard stadiums. Lagos has no state owned domestic airport. The only airport is owned by the Federal Government, while Delta State owns two state airport, an international and a domestic airport in Asaba and Warri. Anambra created just in the mid or late 90s even have an airport. Some persons should be ashamed

We deserve better

God bless Nigeria

Tinubu destroyed Lagos.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

So Oshomhole used the money to marry white girl instead? grin

Na u sabi
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Bananapill: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:
Yes, government is a savings account.

When you have paid all salaries, built all local roads, ensured there is security, built industries, paid pensioners, paid contractors and built other infrastructure, you have to save the rest for the future of the state.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that civil servants like Oshomhole, Buharri, Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso has been in power and they have never studied the course called profitability in any organisation, they regard government as a money dispensing machine and so they keep spending till we go bankrupt, then they start borrowing since they don't know anything about businesses.

Peter Obi is a trader, a businessman and an investor, he can use this skill to save and invest excess resources for Nigeria so that we can use this excess to build more infrastructure and also to provide stability for the distant future. This savings will provide the industry that will employ our teeming youths and curb insecurity.

Nigeria needs Peter Obi more than Peter Obi needs Nigeria. Vote for Peter Oluwadare Obi ❤

Don't mind this mumu oshiom-Ole.
China built estates for the future. If not for bad style of leadership by Gadafi and the mumu Libyans, that country would have been the best in Africa. Imagine building for the future.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
blowjohn:

That's the central hospital he built.

I was a medical student then.

Oshiomole built a disaster grin

Thanks for exposing the fraud.

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by udeh3(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:

Please, which of the university are you talking about? For the record, Ambrose Ali University, Epkoma wasn't built by Oshio. That is the state university. Now, what you are talking about is the so-called Private/public partnership of the Edo State University, Iyamho built obviously not for the masses. It's the most expensive public school in Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3038225/edo-university-iyamo-school-fees

So, always get your facts right

Then, talking about the secondary schools. Most secondary schools in Edo State were built or renovated by EDOSPADEC and not the state government. Many roads constructed in Edo State were done by FG, from the Ugbowo road to Akpapava were all constructed by FG

He's very good in making stunt and headlines with fake and substandard projects. The Edo State central hospital while building it collapse twice or more almost in their completing stage. After construction for over 5yrs, no facilities.

You fail to understand that Edo State is the bedrock called Bendel. Delta State was carved out from Edo State. As we speak, Delta State is miles ahead Edo State, virtually in everything

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by Chukist247: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
oikirodah:
Is Government  A Savings Account ? Watch How Oshiomhole Exposes Peter Obi's Deceit (Video)

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-government-a-savings-account-watch-how-oshiomhole-exposes-peter-obis-deceit-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSG51mmiHI
No government is not a saving account, government is a borrowing and sharing account....old fools that think they continue deceiving us

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
oikirodah:
Is Government  A Savings Account ? Watch How Oshiomhole Exposes Peter Obi's Deceit (Video)

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-government-a-savings-account-watch-how-oshiomhole-exposes-peter-obis-deceit-video/

Bush radio telling us what an expired and disgraced politician said through an Ibadan expressway blog called ireporter, urchins are indeed dumb...grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

Oshiomole built a disaster grin

Thanks for exposing the fraud.

Yes I purposely allowed u to view that part too so that u will fall into my trap.

The issue here is he built a hospital which u doubted.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by udeh3(m): 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

Tinubu destroyed Lagos.

Honestly... Then established his armies of Agberos

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by steeltrust: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
What I’m happy about most times is
No one has come out to say Obi stole anything which is tear for a top Nigerian politician

Osho sabi talk before so it not new

Saving is not a crime but embezzlement is which osho, thieftinubu, atiku are involved

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
udeh3:

Please, which of the university are you talking about? For the record, Ambrose Ali University, Epkoma wasn't built by Oshio. That is the state university. Now, what you are talking about is the so-called Private/public partnership of the Edo State University, Iyamho built obviously not for the masses. It's the most expensive public school in Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3038225/edo-university-iyamo-school-fees

So, always get your facts right

Then, talking about the secondary schools. Most secondary schools in Edo State were built or renovated by EDOSPADEC and not the state government. Many roads constructed in Edo State were done by FG, from the Ugbowo road to Akpapava were all constructed by FG

He's very good in making stunt and headlines with fake and substandard projects. The Edo State central hospital while building it collapse twice or more almost in their completing stage. After construction for over 5yrs, no facilities.

You fail to understand that Edo State is the bedrock called Bendel. Delta State was carved out from Edo State. As we speak, Delta State is miles ahead Edo State, virtually in everything
upper siluko road,siluko and igbinaduwa was built by FG according to idiotic pigs
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by SLAP44: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
blowjohn:

Yes I purposely allowed u to view that part too so that u will fall into my trap.

The issue here is he built a hospital which u doubted.

Faulty hospital, a risk to sick people.

1 Like

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by GistFullGround: 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2023

Gullible Nigerians have suddenly forgotten the rot this theif, Oshiomole left in Edo State!

Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by buhariguy(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Chukist247:
No government is not a saving account, government is a borrowing and sharing account....old fools that think they continue deceiving us
govt don't save when you need alot of development
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
SLAP44:

Faulty hospital, a risk to sick people.

Na u sabi
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by bibe(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
thesicilian:
Help me ask them o
Government is supposed to use available resources to better the lives of the people, not save it for the next politician to squander.
Even in the Bible, the only servant that saved his talent (instead of investing it like others) was cast away in anger by the Master.

This same APC government came in and lamented more than Jeremiah for 4 straight years about how PDP left no savings.

Your knowledge of the Bible is very poor. The servant didn't save it but buried it and the owner then rebuked him saying you should've even put it in a bank so it'll yield interest.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by udeh3(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
buhariguy:
upper siluko road,siluko and igbinaduwa was built by FG according to idiotic pigs

I speak facts... I agree with your thoughts. This Siluko road you listed here was constructed by Oshio. My claim is how many kilometers? Just 22km. Sum up all the roads he constructed in his 8yrs in office with the kind of money in Edo State confers... You quoted me as if that was the only thing I said. What's his achievements in education, in building world class hospital? How many jobs did his government created?

Oshio blamed rain for not constructing roads in Edo State for over 7yrs. https://www.nairaland.com/2733377/rains-disturbed-edo-seven-years

We are a reflection of the kind of leaders will get. Immediately, we put competency in the right perspective, this will now be the new normal. People sang Oshio praises because Igbinedion was a complete disaster.

I strongly doubt if Oshio completed upto 400km of roads in Edo State during his 8yrs uninterrupted administration.

We are our problem. We defend the corrupt and want to hang those that decided to be different in their pursuit for meaningful change

We deserve better

God bless Nigeria
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
rippa:

who is this fool

YOU are.

lets list obi projects side by side with that of oshiomole in edo lets see who perform better.

See why you are fool?

The issue here is Obi saving money when he had not satisfied the basic needs of Anambra state.

thankGod they both govern at the same time
obi rule anambra without borrowing kobo but here u are celebrating a thief like oshiomole

You keep telling this lie that Obi did not borrow a kobo.

Even Obi has stopped campaigning with this lie since the Budget Office bust it on Twitter.

i be edo boy but put oshiomole along side obi and i will choose obi a thousand times

This is not about Peter Obi vs. Adam Oshiomole.

This is about Peter Obi, a clever thief who was saving state funds in companies where he had financial stakes.

or maybe u think he won the best gov by saving alone

He never won Best Governor Award because there is no Best Governor Award.

or u think its becos of savings that made GEJ to beg him to be part of his economic team despite not being in PDP

And what did he do for the GEJ administration?

Obi is what 9ja need now. man that took anambra from zero to one of the best states in nigeria

One of the best states? Show us Anambra's rank before Obi, and Anambra's rank after Obi.

if obi was the gov of anambra this IPOB issues wont have even come close to anambra, he will deal with them mercilessly.
goan check the state of anambra before and after he left

Yes, we all remember the bodies floating in the river.

if oshiomole was so good, why didnt he win the best gov of the decade.

This Day's Best Governor of the Decade is an I initiative of a single newspaper company, one owned by an Igbo man.

Perhaps, if the award was initiated by a team involving many newspaper companies (like the Pandora Papers, for example), I would respect Obi.

obi remain the best gov to have ever governed any nigeria state since 1999, followed by fashola, then akpabio. oshiomole is too far behind and tinubu is one of the worst

Don't make me laugh.
Re: Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi by hush15: 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2023
oikirodah:

In all my years, I have never seen a man so stupid and senseless as Oshiomole. He beats FFK and Keyamo in stupidity ranking.

Hear the nonsense he is saying... I pity edo north abi where is he contesting from. They should living his lies and deceits. Marginalization go reach reach them soon. Sane Nigerians knows better than to believe this trash, no wonder he was embarrassed out of office.

How can he lie that Obi kept all the money in his bank. A publicly traded company is no personal business, osho should look for another lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gift Worlu: Another Rivers State Commissioner Resigns (pix) / Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' / EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.