Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF (9820 Views)

Use AI On Whatsapp To Study, Solve Maths, Ask Questions, And More In Real Time / Many Nigerian Graduates Can’t Read Or Write - Minister Of Education / Solve Maths And Earn Withrawable Cash Instantly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by hayoholla(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2023
We have the potentials and brains for a Literate country, but the system is limiting the growth of these potentials. If the system is okay, you'll see the figure drops drastically. If the system is exciting and attractive enough, it will ignite children's interest in education. Kids are naturally curious beings, and the school is one of the place to explore their curiosities. If the schooling system is not attractive enough, without sound instructors too, kids will be disinterested in schooling. If you want to fix anything in a nation, fix education first and make enabling environment that will encourage people to learn. Then you'll see other things fall into place. A nation of enlightened people will not want her country to decend in chaos. Unfortunately, most of our politician does not care, b3cause the system with which they ascend the postion was rigged. So they don't bitter to make a favourable environment for education so that people eyes won't be open, they rather lead a nation of blinds, they want to lead , but not a people with open eyes.

One thing I'll love to be introduced into our curriculum is the art of rational thinking and philosophy. It needs to be introduced early enough to kids. You'd be surprised by the result.

1 Like

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by ComeToJesus: 11:10am On Jan 25, 2023
Truth is, we don't have a government in Nigeria. We only have people wearing babariga laced with Arabian oud perfumes, possessing empty cranial chambers and only active in appropriating the resources meant for all Nigerians for their families, friends and cronies.

1 Like

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2023
I disagree coming from that useless unicef.
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by adenigga(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
hayoholla:
We have the potentials and brains for a Literate country, but the system is limiting the growth of these potentials. If the system is okay, you'll see the figure drops drastically. If the system is exciting and attractive enough, it will ignite children's interest in education. Kids are naturally curious beings, and the school is one of the place to explore their curiosities. If the schooling system is not attractive enough, without sound instructors too, kids will be disinterested in schooling. If you want to fix anything in a nation, fix education first and make enabling environment that will encourage people to learn. Then you'll see other things fall into place. A nation of enlightened people will not want her country to decend in chaos. Unfortunately, most of our politician does not care, b3cause the system with which they ascend the postion was rigged. So they don't bitter to make a favourable environment for education so that people eyes won't be open, they rather lead a nation of blinds, they want to lead , but not a people with open eyes.

One thing I'll love to be introduced into our curriculum is the art of rational thinking and philosophy. It needs to be introduced early enough to kids. You'd be surprised by the result.
May.....

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by bluestone2015: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
My children were not part of the survey and I'm very sure your kid's weren't.
How did they get the figures?
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Sleekfingers: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
The large chunk of those children are from the north......Dem just dey born like rats...

Let's look at it from another angle....over 60% of Nigeria graduates cannot write formal letter and are unemployable.....na to dey blow useless incorrect grammar Dem Sabi.....

2 Likes

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Sleekfingers: 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
Mannyautos:
This is false. They need to provide the data they used to reach this faulty conclusion. A whole 75% ?

Look around you.....you go see the data.......in my opinion, it is 90%

1 Like

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Exceed15: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:
IT IS A LIE.

NIGERIA'S LITERACY RATE IS OVER 75%, SO HOW THE HELL CAN ONLY LESS THAN 25% OF KIDS BE ABLE TO READ?

UNESCO IDIOTS. ONE FOOL THERE WILL SIT IN AMERICA ON HIS COMPUTER AND TYPE UP ANY STUPID, NASTY, FAKE STATISTIC FROM HIS ANUS, JUST TO GET MORE FUNDING.

Have you lived in the north before?

1 Like

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by BuyMeBanger: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hehehe, let me get this straight on one statistical report it was noted Nigerians are the most successful in U.S schools but here we have one stating this same age group can't read yet alone solve Maths problems; 75% of them that is. undecided.
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by UnabashedIPOB: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
“In Nigeria, 75 percent of children aged 7 to 14 years cannot read a simple sentence or solve a basic math problem. For children to be able to read and learn, they must be able to learn to read in the first three years of schooling."

This is what you get when you have people that are demented, with warped minds, and see education as an abomination (Bokoharam) in charge of a country. These folks do NOT value education and would tear down the system rather than build it. While Biafrans, Yourbas, and Middle Beltans are making waves all over the world, they are being held back in Nigeria by a bunch of lazy a$$ no good Fulanis.

2 Likes

Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Maysdevices(f): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Napata77:
IT IS A LIE.

NIGERIA'S LITERACY RATE IS OVER 75%, SO HOW THE HELL CAN ONLY LESS THAN 25% OF KIDS BE ABLE TO READ?

UNESCO IDIOTS. ONE FOOL THERE WILL SIT IN AMERICA ON HIS COMPUTER AND TYPE UP ANY STUPID, NASTY, FAKE STATISTIC FROM HIS ANUS, JUST TO GET MORE FUNDING.
Illiterate

Learn how things work before rushing to type like a buffoon.

With the kind of things I read from the so called ‘men’ that lead this country I can see very much why Nigeria is a shit hole crawling with leeches.
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Maysdevices(f): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
morikee:

God Bless my Brother
You sef can’t tell the difference between UNESCO and UNICEF

Two..... mumu
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by morikee: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Maysdevices:
You sef can’t tell the difference between UNESCO and UNICEF

Two..... mumu

Hmm
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Winnin009: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2023
Sleekfingers:
The large chunk of those children are from the north......Dem just dey born like rats...

Let's look at it from another angle....over 60% of Nigeria graduates cannot write formal letter and are unemployable.....na to dey blow useless incorrect grammar Dem Sabi.....

Haba! My guy, reduce your voice na. Shuo! You want them to know our secret ni?
Re: 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF by Sleekfingers: 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Winnin009:

Haba! My guy, reduce your voice na. Shuo! You want them to know our secret ni?

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ministry Of Education Releases Circular For Schools To Resume November 2020 / ASUU: FG Sets Up Visitation Panels, Whitepaper Committees / Oau Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.