Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 (17722 Views)

Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable / Court Grants DSS Order to Remand Nnamdi Kanu Till July 26 / Supreme Court Adjourns Judgment On Adeleke’s Appeal Till July 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:14am On Jan 25, 2023
jackcanfield:
The Banks are deliberately hoarding the new notes, reason I don't know, the President and the Central Bank should not shift ground and the Banks should be heavily sanctioned. The only thing that worries me are kids that won't have pocket money to buy biscuits, because not everyone can do transfer and the money isn't available, we still run a cash economy, except we can create a swipe device for the kids to buy stuff.

I’ve thought of creating an offline cashless hardware wallet to facilitate petty cash transactions

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by PrinceOfLagos: 7:15am On Jan 25, 2023
Don't extend it
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2023
Wahala
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Urchinpainer: 7:17am On Jan 25, 2023
superCleanworks:
no. they better not extend it. let the country see small pepper 😁

Within one week people will learn to use online banking. Let everyone go and deposit their money in the bank first.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Angelfrost(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
We do this shît too much, always forcing and begging for extensions. This will ruin the policy entirely. Wetin I sabi sef?

Rather than try to enforce it they’re asking for an extension. Lazy bunch. The rejection of this policy empathizes our illiteracy level

Don't mind the rubber-stamped imbeciles!

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by alobright17(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2023
[quote author=NaijaBookings post=120353034][/quote] Even if they extend it to 2030 some people Will still wait for new extensions. We Nigerians are at times unnecessarily and unreasonably stubborn, that's why someone will go and cue to register for PVC and refuse to go and collect it thinking they're doing Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Tokskob2008: 7:17am On Jan 25, 2023
jackcanfield:
The Banks are deliberately hoarding the new notes, reason I don't know, the President and the Central Bank should not shift ground and the Banks should be heavily sanctioned. The only thing that worries me are kids that won't have pocket money to buy biscuits, because not everyone can do transfer and the money isn't available, we still run a cash economy, except we can create a swipe device for the kids to buy stuff.
The banks are deliberately hoarding it on the orders of some these crooked politicians who might have been stockpiling it since it was released..

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:18am On Jan 25, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Doyou2019: 7:21am On Jan 25, 2023
jackcanfield:

They have the old 100 Naira and 50 Naira notes for that bro. Kids are covered!

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by kingjoe(m): 7:21am On Jan 25, 2023
Zelenskyy:

The old Naira notes will still be in circulation but in reduced quantity for the next couple of years ...

Just like the old 100 Naira notes that is still been used and acceptable
false information.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 25, 2023
Doyou2019:

They have the old 100 Naira and 50 Naira notes for that bro. Kids are covered!
Let pray inflation don't mess things up, how much is a bottle of coke, cost of transport.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Doyou2019: 7:23am On Jan 25, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Don't extend it
CBN will extend it before Friday. You just wait and see.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 7:25am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
I stand with the Senate on these,all those saying they are doing it for their own interests don't know wot they are saying.Imagine the deadline is 31 of January and so many people hv already stopped taking d old notes as of yesterday.So many big shops hv stopped taking it,u cnt use it in d airport again cos those selling their have stopped taking it.The new notes are scares.So tell me why won't d deadline be extended when CBN and banks keep playing d blame game on d detriment of d poor Masse's.Or u think if a serving senator wants d new note he cnt get as much as he needs in a corrupt country like ours.Its high time we leave all these political bullshits and call a spade a spade.

Most of them don't even know the effect of what they are saying, as a result of this so many businesses will collapse because a common man can't access the money and it's not everyone that has phone come to talk of mobile banking.

The reality will soon hit them if the deadline is not extended.

You can imagine as at yesterday Banks are still paying with the old notes over the counter and some ATMs too.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by obyrich(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2023
No it should be extended forever. Ndi oshi. Why can't you thieves consider the appeal by masses for a cut in your salaries and emoluments to prove your love for them? Crooks.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Minjim: 7:25am On Jan 25, 2023
Seems the CBN governor has gone rogue.

The Jan 31st deadline isn't feasible. Everyone is telling him to jettison it ,he's acting adamant

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Derick1122: 7:26am On Jan 25, 2023
Una money wey una thief go rotten for una hand. No extend anything abeg. Make I fine wey self go deposit my last card six thousand old naira self. Wahala for person wey get one billion old currency naira.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by elpochas: 7:27am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

Most o

You can imagine as at yesterday Banks are still paying with the old notes over the counter and some ATMs too.
They think everything is all Abt politics.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Doyou2019: 7:28am On Jan 25, 2023
jackcanfield:
Let pray inflation don't mess things up, how much is a bottle of coke .
Well, most kids are already suffering the brunt of the food inflation presently. How many parents are buying them soda these days anyway? It's not fair having kids suffer for the stupidity of their parents' political choices. Kids are blameless.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sunnyski: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Senate are dumb

😂 I think they are dumber 😂

They are all scammers with no good intentions for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2023
purpinkx:
Like, we're supposed to believe they really care about the people?

Why didn't senate advice Nigerians to deposit old notes weeks before the deadline and embrace the online channels?

Dey play.
One of the reason they want the deadline to be extended is because there is not even enough new notes.

Make Nigerians like you try to dey use our common sense nah. Almost every ATM here in Ikeja is dispensing old notes. You do not even care about the anarchy scarcity of the Naira will lead to.

4 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2023
Doyou2019:

Well, most kids are already suffering the brunt of the food inflation presently. How many parents are buying them soda these days anyway? It's not fair having kids suffer for the stupidity of their parents' political choices. Kids are blameless.
You are right

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Doyou2019: 7:31am On Jan 25, 2023
Minjim:
Seems the CBN governor has gone rogue.

The Jan 31st deadline isn't feasible. Everyone is telling him to jettison it ,he's acting adamant

Man's just grandstanding. He and his government go hear am should this plan come crashing on the masses.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sunnyski: 7:32am On Jan 25, 2023
How will Tulumbu do with all the old naira notes stocked in his geepee tanks and sewage pit

I'm asking for an urchin.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:34am On Jan 25, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
We do this shît too much, always forcing and begging for extensions. This will ruin the policy entirely. Wetin I sabi sef?

Rather than try to enforce it they’re asking for an extension. Lazy bunch. The rejection of this policy emphasizes our illiteracy level

Can you explain how an extension will ruin the Policy?

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by jcross19: 7:36am On Jan 25, 2023
purpinkx:

Why didn't senate advice Nigerians to deposit old notes weeks before the deadline and embrace the online channels?

Dey play.
are we in banana republic? It's not done anywhere like this, the period is too short in a sane county it will take the country years not even a year , years before it become illegal but this is country making things hard for their citizens. When will black get it right? Why are we so wicked like this...

3 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2023
alobright17:
Even if they extend it to 2030 some people Will still wait for new extensions. We Nigerians are at times unnecessarily and unreasonably stubborn, that's why someone will go and cue to register for PVC and refuse to go and collect it thinking they're doing Buhari.

That's not the issue, can you deposit all your money when you don't have the new one to make use of? I have up to two million and the new notes is not even more than 10 pcs.

Let them release the New notes for people to access then stick to the withdrawal limit policy.

Do you know there are still some villages where there's no network at all?

In as much as the policy is a good one I think there's need for them to work even on their network issues first.

I transferred money to someone since August and the person is yet to receive the value neither is my money reversed.

We keep visiting banks everyday yet no result.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by miketayo(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2023
Cantonese:
The deadline must remain.

Na only APC dey fear the deadline.

Says who, top politicians got the new notes before it was even launched
It's the masses that will suffer it

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Microwhy: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2023
CBN should not agree and shouldn't bow to their evil pressure ...
Bunch of heartless extremely corrupt people..

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Microwhy: 7:39am On Jan 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Can you explain how an extension will ruin the Policy?
It will ruin the intent of the whole thing .
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Arry110(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2023
purpinkx:

Dey play.
if we deposit the old ones Wetin we go use?, I went to the bank yesterday new notes weren’t even available, they were just giving 50 naira in bundles and it finished sef

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:41am On Jan 25, 2023
Microwhy:

It will ruin the intent of the whole thing .
You don start to dey change mouth

What's the intent of the whole thing?

Explain why the Naira was redesign and while a few month extension will ruin the whole thing.

I withdraw 10k this morning somewhere in Ikeja, all the notes that was dispense by the ATM is the old notes. That's how it is in most of the places over here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC / 12 Things Buhari Must Do In 2018 - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.