Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 (17724 Views)

Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable / Court Grants DSS Order to Remand Nnamdi Kanu Till July 26 / Supreme Court Adjourns Judgment On Adeleke’s Appeal Till July 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by leisuretym: 7:42am On Jan 25, 2023
If care is not taken, Nigeria will be the first country where people will continue to spend old and new notes at the same time.

I have no issue as long as market women and traders still recognize the old note, I must not take them to the bank, market women doesn’t care, Emefele will receive beta shock.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 7:42am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
I stand with the Senate on these,all those saying they are doing it for their own interests don't know wot they are saying.Imagine the deadline is 31 of January and so many people hv already stopped taking d old notes as of yesterday.So many big shops hv stopped taking it,u cnt use it in d airport again cos those selling their have stopped taking it.The new notes are scares.So tell me why won't d deadline be extended when CBN and banks keep playing d blame game on d detriment of d poor Masse's.Or u think if a serving senator wants d new note he cnt get as much as he needs in a corrupt country like ours.Its high time we leave all these political bullshits and call a spade a spade.
Since CBN has been shouting to go deposit your old notes for months, anyone who still hasn't is brainless and deserves whatever he gets. They're not extending shit. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2023
jcross19:
are we in banana republic? It's not done anywhere like this, the period is too short in a sane county it will take the country years not even a year , years before it become illegal but this is country making things hard for their citizens. When will black get it right? Why are we so wicked like this...
Don't mind some people here spewing thrash, those senators if they need the New naira notes they will get and the deadline won't even affect them.

For those saying that the date shouldn't be extended will be the ones to cry the most if peradventure the deadline stands which I know is not possible.

Supposing they've released enough New notes by now it would have been in circulation.

4 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by victooman: 7:44am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

Most of them don't even know the effect of what they are saying, as a result of this so many businesses will collapse because a common man can't access the money and it's not everyone that has phone come to talk of mobile banking.

The reality will soon hit them if the deadline is not extended.

You can imagine as at yesterday Banks are still paying with the old notes over the counter and some ATMs too.
forget those fools brother ,, check well most pf them are young small boys 23- 27yrs old earning 40-50k in one office with no any business investment or ever engage in any form of business,, let them stay here and be yarning dust,,, when businesses closes down and that their little stipends could no longer get them a plate of food due to inflation they will have sense by force,,most of this boys haven't travel out of Abuja or lagos since they were born,,they dont even know were the food they are eating is coming from,, in their mind they are fighting senators who employed the bank managers ,,, okkk

5 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by leisuretym: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Since CBN has been shouting to go deposit your old notes for months, anyone who still hasn't is brainless and deserves whatever he gets. They're not extending shit. tongue

ATM still dispensing old notes, are blaming him for that as well?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 7:48am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

Most of them don't even know the effect of what they are saying, as a result of this so many businesses will collapse because a common man can't access the money and it's not everyone that has phone come to talk of mobile banking.

The reality will soon hit them if the deadline is not extended.

You can imagine as at yesterday Banks are still paying with the old notes over the counter and some ATMs too.
And you don't have mouth to tell them you won't accept it?
On Monday i went to take some money over the counter and the casher brought out old notes. He packed them and was waiting for me to take it, i simply just told him i'm not taking that. He took it back, went inside and brought the new ones.
CBN has told all banks to come exchange all the old notes, so if a cashier brings out old notes and you accept it, then that's your problem.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Blue3k(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2023
Lol can't a pass a law if they want it done so badly?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by leisuretym: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

Don't mind some people here spewing thrash, those senators if they need the New naira notes they will get and the deadline won't even affect them.

For those saying that the date shouldn't be extended will be the ones to cry the most if peradventure the deadline stands which I know is not possible.

Supposing they've released enough New notes by now it would have been in circulation.

Leave them, they think they are fighting Tinubu from getting cash to buy votes.
You are not seeing the new notes because politicians are busy buying and storing them.
The pos girl told me they now buy cash, imagine that, if those pos operators could buy, Na Politicians no fit buy?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Evergreen12345(f): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2023
I stand with CBN do your final sales on Sunday use Monday & Tuesday change ur money
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by OptimistBrain: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
I stand with the Senate on these,all those saying they are doing it for their own interests don't know wot they are saying.Imagine the deadline is 31 of January and so many people hv already stopped taking d old notes as of yesterday.So many big shops hv stopped taking it,u cnt use it in d airport again cos those selling their have stopped taking it.The new notes are scares.So tell me why won't d deadline be extended when CBN and banks keep playing d blame game on d detriment of d poor Masse's.Or u think if a serving senator wants d new note he cnt get as much as he needs in a corrupt country like ours.Its high time we leave all these political bullshits and call a spade a spade.
Ofcos they will get the new naira note if they want but no bank will dare give two bullion van of new naira notes to any politician this time around unlike in 2019 election when two bullion van of cash was giving to a certain politician in Lagos days before a general election... This policy will definitely affect politicians more
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 7:54am On Jan 25, 2023
leisuretym:

ATM still dispensing old notes, are blaming him for that as well?
Take the old notes, go inside the bank and request for new notes.
If they say they don't have new ones, tell them you will be lodging a complaint form with CBN, its easy you can do it online.
All banks at this point have the new notes, the ones not paying with it are just doing that illegally and storing the new ones for *reasons unknown*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by okpanachil: 7:56am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:

Oga, it is intentional that the new note is scarce. The objective is to compel people to embrace e-channels .
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by alobright17(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

That's not the issue, can you deposit all your money when you don't have the new one to make use of? I have up to two million and the new notes is not even more than 10 pcs.

Let them release the New notes for people to access then stick to the withdrawal limit policy.

Do you know there are still some villages where there's no network at all?

In as much as the policy is a good one I think there's need for them to work even on their network issues first.

I transferred money to someone since August and the person is yet to receive the value neither is my money reversed.

We keep visiting banks everyday yet no result.

You didn't dispute the fact that even the extension is till 2050 some will still wait and call for more .
Now one of the policies for the program is for people like you that keeps huge cash to stop it, see how you boldly saying you have 2mil cash when virtually everything this days can be bought and pay online.

Sorry for your hanging money but you won't say everyone of your transfers has been hanging and I don't even know the point you tried to make by brining the angle?

Villages without network has been in existence even when the old monies was changed and they still managed to keep up so that's never an excuse.

And remember I never said extending the deadline is bad but my point is even if they extend it people will still call for more extension True or false?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by SmartPolician: 8:03am On Jan 25, 2023
Zelenskyy:

The old Naira notes will still be in circulation but in reduced quantity for the next couple of years ...

Just like the old 100 Naira notes that is still been used and acceptable

You are definitely the new CBN governor making this law from the comfort of your home.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by sketcherJ(m): 8:08am On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

you are brainless. In many places ATM is dispensing old notes, banks are giving little to no new notes, so what should people do? Go on a hunger strike until they can get new notes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by SmartPolician: 8:09am On Jan 25, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:
Talk of cutting our nose to spite the face...
Nigerians know that there are no new notes in circulation.
Nigerians know that 100 days is not enough for a new currency to go round a country with 200million people with a great deal of them in rural area with no bank presense.

Yet Because of Politics Nigerians will prefer the economy to contract from cash crunch, than for the CBN governor to do what most Nigerians already know he must do in the end, based on how he badly planed the policy.

Emefiele didn't do this well because the circulation didn't start early enough.

However, he said they have people in local communities helping people to change money.

For people in cities, the CBN wants us to stop carrying cash. The mode of payment should be mostly digital. That's why they reduced our withdrawal limit.

This is what M-Pesa is doing in Kenya, including in the rural communities. If Kenya can embrace digital payments, why can't Nigeria?

Petty traders, keke riders, barbers, and other forms of small-scale businesses should start receiving their payments through digital channels.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by sameks08(m): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2023
OGA CBN governor no try it cos we love the decision already. desperate thief's claiming as if they love us
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Diligence: 8:14am On Jan 25, 2023
guz should study Personality Profile of Heads of Institutes & Leaders.

We did that for Buhari & warned Nigerians back in 2015....shey una see unaself?

For Tinubu: nothing wld improve, Retirement 101, ,More embezzlement & Agberoism raised to power ...

Atiku: PDP would be back... corruption would continue unabated

Obi&Datti: Consumption to Production, Jobs Jobs Jobs, Security, No more hunger, Dignity of Labour, Nigerians abroad wld come back in confidence...

Back to Emefiele.. Emefiele that brot EARLIER unveiling of new notes...If u allow Emefiele...today wld be last day for old notes being legal tender
Go and deposit ur old notes NOW. Gradually, new notes will circulate everywhere ADEQUATELY but remember some politicians & banks are trying to frustrate this policy.

Remember you had 100 days to return old notes.

Cashless or electronic transaction is here to stay.

Wise up! Don't B a victim!

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Headachetoigboh(f): 8:16am On Jan 25, 2023
It's ending 31st January simple.
Una must use those old naira to cook ewedu soup
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Light78: 8:17am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
I stand with the Senate on these,all those saying they are doing it for their own interests don't know wot they are saying.Imagine the deadline is 31 of January and so many people hv already stopped taking d old notes as of yesterday.So many big shops hv stopped taking it,u cnt use it in d airport again cos those selling their have stopped taking it.The new notes are scares.So tell me why won't d deadline be extended when CBN and banks keep playing d blame game on d detriment of d poor Masse's.Or u think if a serving senator wants d new note he cnt get as much as he needs in a corrupt country like ours.It's high time we leave all these political bullshits and call a spade a spade.

What's stopping them from making online transactions?

Illiteracy is not an excuse.

The same politicians you are defending are the ones banks sold the new notes to.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by hotseat: 8:25am On Jan 25, 2023
I saw this coming!

Instead of demanding for all involved to ensure that the new notes flood the banks, POS and every channel of transaction, they are calling for the extension for over 5 months.

Should the CBN succumb to this criminal demand, the main purposes of the change of bank notes would have been thoroughly defeated.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Mistermamus(m): 8:26am On Jan 25, 2023
Today makes it a 2wks my phone was stolen and money wiped from my account. Every day has been worse than the past week. So I'm broke, pissed, and very depressed.

How man wan take chop and survive? 😢 Pls someone help with a little token till salary week abeg I don endure
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by iscom(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2023
OK
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Microwhy: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You don start to dey change mouth

What's the intent of the whole thing?

Explain why the Naira was redesign and while a few month extension will ruin the whole thing.

I withdraw 10k this morning somewhere in Ikeja, all the notes that was dispense by the ATM is the old notes. That's how it is in most of the places over here.
Oga I understand so much what I mean.
Yesterday,I walked by one-on-one a big politician and spokesman of a major presidential candidate in forthcoming election whom you do see on Channels TV day-in day-out without looking at him twice. Our eyes locked and I refuse to ulter a word to atleast recognise his status or greet him. I am 100% sure in his mind, he'll be saying who is this guy who don't give a shit.
My office building is in their midst, in the midst of their houses where they must come and sleep every night, from Ex-governor, Ex-minister, to present presidential candidate, to present deputy governor and a whole lot more.
The policy will yield zero to no result if the CBN governor succumb to their pressure.
The investment of printing the new Naira Note will be gone to drain if extended.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by jcross19: 8:33am On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

the new notes are so scanty!!!
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by donhils: 8:33am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
He can get it, but will have to go extra miles for it. It won't be so easy
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by kcnwaigbo: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Minjim:
Seems the CBN governor has gone rogue.

The Jan 31st deadline isn't feasible. Everyone is telling him to jettison it ,he's acting adamant
Only APC supporters wants it extended
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by elpochas: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2023
Light78:

What's stopping them from making online transactions?

Illiteracy is not an excuse.

The same politicians you are defending are the ones banks sold the new notes to.
read my comments well,I said it's we d poor Masse's dat will surfer it nt them.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Injera(f): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2023
Minjim:
Seems the CBN governor has gone rogue.

The Jan 31st deadline isn't feasible. Everyone is telling him to jettison it ,he's acting adamant
Because he is following orders from either
1: Jim ovia his principal and benefactor
2: personal political reason to support his kinsman( Agbor) PDP vice president or
3: The cabals whose interest he has been serving

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by elpochas: 8:44am On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

They hv been shouting it,yes I know Abt dat,did they make d new notes available?so if u want to enter a cab or buy something worth 200naira as d new notes are nt available u will hv to do transfer of 200 to a conductor or a market woman.lts call a spade a spade o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC / 12 Things Buhari Must Do In 2018 - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.